PDA

View Full Version : DeJuan Blair can be compared to Duncan and Robinson

Riverwalkman
10-28-2009, 10:05 PM
89-09 Robinson's debut: 34mins 23points 17rebs 7 orebs

97-98 Duncan's debut: 35mins 15points 10rebs 1orebs

09-10 Blair's debut:22mins 14points 11rebs 5orebs

Bigman comes in about once a decade? Yes Blair does not look like a pivot player as Duncan and DR, Anyhow he is that good in his first NBA game, I just couldn't help hyping...

EricB
10-28-2009, 10:06 PM
Get out of here with that crazy crap.

CGD
10-28-2009, 10:07 PM
Settle down now.

L.I.T
10-28-2009, 10:07 PM
Post-first game/win/blowout hype is fun to behold.

flox
10-28-2009, 10:09 PM
Crap like this makes spurs fans look bad.

BillMc
10-28-2009, 10:09 PM
Wow, I never knew D-Rob's debut was so stunning!

Riverwalkman
10-28-2009, 10:10 PM
Get out of here with that crazy crap.
After I posted this, I felt I'm totally crazy.:depressed

Marcus Bryant
10-28-2009, 10:11 PM
:tu

Wow. One of the best Spurs bigman debuts ever.

angelbelow
10-28-2009, 10:12 PM
The next Michael Jordan for sure.

TIMMYD!
10-28-2009, 10:12 PM

Don't be, he's good but he won't ever be Tim or David.

Agloco
10-28-2009, 10:17 PM

:tu

Wow. One of the best Spurs bigman debuts ever.

You shouldn't.......but as MB stated, it was what it was. It's just that David and Timmy have a special place in basketball lore already.

If Blair is still doing this 7-9 years from now, I'll definitely hop on the comparison bandwagon. Until then, it is what it is: One of the best bigman debuts the Spurs have ever seen.

superjames1992
10-28-2009, 10:21 PM
Woah there, folks. He may be as good, but it's one game. He could suck for the other 81 games of the season for all we know. I think he'll be a good one, but it's too early to tell for sure.

Galileo
10-28-2009, 10:23 PM
Book It. Blair will be an all-star by next season.

Riverwalkman
10-28-2009, 10:27 PM
Post-first game/win/blowout hype is fun to behold.
:toast Just for fun. And the remarkable stats.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-28-2009, 11:01 PM
Blair is a fine player, but this is just crazy talk.

iggypop123
10-28-2009, 11:03 PM
you guys deserve to get ridiculed for blair ejaculation. come on let the kid play

redzero
10-28-2009, 11:03 PM
Why don't the Spurs just retire his jersey already?

EricB
10-28-2009, 11:05 PM
Why don't the Spurs just retire his jersey already?

sniff sniff

Interrohater
10-28-2009, 11:07 PM
Dude, you don't retire Dejuan Blair's jersey, he retires you.

Phenomanul
10-28-2009, 11:34 PM
The OP may have a point in that they may replay this game on NBATV or ESPN Classic 12 years down the road...

Hopefully he can grow into becoming and playing like a star.... it's a marathon not a sprint.

Baseline
10-28-2009, 11:41 PM
You don't raise DeJuan Blair's jersey to the rafters.

The ceiling must come down to absorb it.

KSeal
10-28-2009, 11:44 PM
:lmao @ this thread.

spursfaninla
10-28-2009, 11:45 PM
you guys deserve to get ridiculed for blair ejaculation. come on let the kid play

Speaking of ejaculation...your bottom picture has actual nudity, which I believe the owners of the website do not allow. FYI.

Rapper
10-28-2009, 11:46 PM
Dejoan is not a big man

he's just 6'7"

Solid D
10-29-2009, 12:54 AM
Are you talkin' about _eJuan Blair and comparing him to 2 perenniel All-Defensive Leaguers?

TinTin
10-29-2009, 12:55 AM
I think he still needs to work on his defence or helpp in team defence. Maybe develop a mid-range shot like dice?

In terms of rebounding he is like scooby after his scooby snacks

50Bestspurever
10-29-2009, 01:53 AM

dude don't feel crazy, blair is going to be a beast for years to come. been a spurs and nba fan for a long time and blair has it. things come easy for him, he has that knack that you can't coach. you either got it or you don't and blair gots it. dude wouldve been a lottery pick if it wasn't for his kness. Once again the mighty spurs are blessed.

pawe
10-29-2009, 02:01 AM
Duncan and Robinson he is not. The kid wont even sniff the level of genius those 2 players have.

whottt
10-29-2009, 02:06 AM
Wow, I never knew D-Rob's debut was so stunning!

"Some guys were never rookies" - Magic Johnson after David Robinson's first game.

And it's absolutely true, David Robinson never really was a rookie.

The most amazing thing about David's rookie season is that he had been sitting out for 2 years and did not have very much basketball experience to begin with, even rookie.

His entire rookie season was stunning, there are literally only a handful of rookie seasons in NBA history that were better, maybe 4 or 5. And out of C's I think only Wilt and Kareem had better rookie seasons.

It was the greatest single season turnaround in NBA history, IMHO, David Robinson was easily the MVP of the league as a rookie, they just don't give the award to rookies very often.

lennyalderette
10-29-2009, 02:09 AM
umm i dont see why this thread is ridiculous? if you think what the kid is doing is luck well then say it!! i dont , if you look at his minutes you notice he could have easily passed up timmys numbers!!! he was supposed to be top 5 people!! this could very well be our next center piece!! if he learns tricks from timmy while he has major talent like that, who's to say what he can or cant become, to me hes def going to be an allstar

lennyalderette
10-29-2009, 02:11 AM
and no i dont think hes going to be an allstar this year, but who knows this kid is really good! pop is not playing him alot if he was his numbers would be right up there im sure

whottt
10-29-2009, 02:12 AM
Whether Blair is going to follow in the footsteps of David and Tim or not...he definitely had a nice debut and appears to be everything he is supposed to be, and then some.

Yeah he probably won't ever be a great defensive player but so what...Charles Barkley Magic Johnson and Larry Bird weren't great defenders either, not everyone will be, and it's not all there is to the game.

He's got enough bulk to get under people.....and that small ball lineup will have some teeth when he is the small PF, it's not like we have ever dominated defensively using it, and at least now we won't get outrebounded by Brandon Bass and Dirk Nowizki. :smokin

I feel that, after Rasho, Bonner, Fab, Elson, even Horry...Pop is longing much more to see rebounding than D. Blair is going to get on the court whether he plays great d or not as long as he can clean glass like that.

lennyalderette
10-29-2009, 02:14 AM
what? i cant imagine if this guy was in l.a!! hed be the next charles barkley for sure!! and you l.a fans are calling for fisher to be replaced by brown already and what happend to bynum being better than shaq? cmon anyone but an l.a fan please.

Man In Black
10-29-2009, 02:38 AM
All I know is that LAL fan was saying that Blair sucks because:
A) He must suck because he got drafted in the 2nd round.
B) Because he has no ACL's
C) He's a midget of a bigman
D) Will hardly play because Pop only plays veterans

So while I don't think the kid isn't DRob or TD I do know that LAL fans suck. Or at least suck at Talent recognition. Remember when they said that Sasha was the Manu stopper? Where is this machine now? Reduced to a tinkertoy. How's that workin' out for ya LAL fans?

Spurs Brazil
10-31-2009, 06:38 PM
The state of his knees -- neither of which houses an anterior-cruciate ligament -- are such that you can't be totally shocked DeJuan Blair slipped into the second round of the draft. Major injuries lead to draft-night tumbles. It happens.

The shocker here is that Blair somehow plummeted right into the Spurs' clutches to almost instantly (and almost predictably) add to San Antonio's draft-day mystique.

Tony Parker was a No. 28 overall pick. Manu Ginobili was a No. 57. Blair went 37th overall to the Spurs in June -- right after they acquired Richard Jefferson in a pre-draft trade with Milwaukee and before the subsequent signing of Antonio McDyess -- and promptly rung up 14 points and 11 rebounds in his first real game after averaging nearly eight rebounds in just 17 minutes per game in a monster preseason.

Blair didn't fare as well Thursday night against fellow rookie Taj Gibson in Chicago, but the double-double in San Antonio's season-opening home rout of New Orleans made Blair just the third player in the club's history to go for at least 10 and 10 in his NBA debut. You can probably guess the other two: Tim Duncan (15 points, 10 rebounds) in 1997 and David Robinson (23 and 17) in 1989.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dime-091030-31

Agloco
10-31-2009, 10:53 PM
Dejoan is not a big man

he's just 6'7"

Charles Barkley was 6'5".......

Dennis Rodman was 6'7.5"........

The word big in this case refers to effort and heart. He's got both in abundance.