PDA

View Full Version : E-N: 10-year-old boy wows Spurs crowd on opening night

duncan228
10-29-2009, 12:10 AM
10-year-old boy wows Spurs crowd on opening night (http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/10-year-old_boy_wows_Spurs_crowd_on_opening_night.html)
By Jennifer Lloyd - Express-News

As fans watched the San Antonio Spurs battle the New Orleans Hornets in Wednesday's season opening game, they also caught a glimpse of a dance battle on the AT&T Center court between a 10-year-old boy and the Spurs Coyote.

The Coyote's competitive dancing spirit was stoked two weeks ago when William “B.J.” Gabriel stole the crowd's attention from the mascot. B.J.'s dancing alongside the mascot was featured on the court's giant screens for a few moments during the Spurs preseason game against the Los Angeles Clippers.

“The crowd went crazy,” the boy's father, William Gabriel, said. As the family left the game that night, people stopped and asked B.J. for autographs and photos.

B.J. was back for a rematch against the Coyote at Wednesday's game.

“I have a big nose so I taught him everything he knows,” boasted the mascot before the dance-off during a brief time-out in the first quarter.

Though the Coyote was standing tall before the match, after the Woodlake Elementary student displayed his dancing skills and his signature handstand for the crowd, the Coyote limped off the court.

The friendly competition didn't diminish B.J.'s love of the Spurs.

“I've been a Spurs fan for a pretty long time, probably nine or 10 years,” the young dancer said.

Though some onlookers were impressed with B.J.'s dance moves, which he picked up from his older sister and movies such as “You Got Served” and “Stomp the Yard,” B.J. dreams of basketball moves.

“I want to be a Spurs player,” he said.

So what does B.J. think of the Spurs' chances of winning the NBA championship this year?

“I think they'll do pretty well,” he said. “I think they're going to get the title.”

lennyalderette
10-29-2009, 02:02 AM
that kid is awesome!!!! man he can move

AussieFanKurt
10-29-2009, 02:06 AM
good on him!

completely deck
10-29-2009, 02:08 AM
“I think they'll do pretty well,” he said. “I think they're going to get the title.”

That deserves an "atta-boy" :toast

senorglory
10-30-2009, 03:51 PM
“I've been a Spurs fan for a pretty long time, probably nine or 10 years,” the young dancer said.

... B.J. is 10 years old.

angel_luv
10-30-2009, 03:52 PM

I thought that was cute. :)

SamoanTD
10-30-2009, 03:57 PM
st8 up gangsta

I. Hustle
10-30-2009, 04:00 PM
str8 up even

xellos88330
10-30-2009, 04:56 PM
He was alright! The boy will have his moves down by the time he hits puberty. Ladies watch out for that one.

makedamnsure
10-31-2009, 07:25 PM

Some of us are born Spurs.