View Full Version : # 1 on the Line

SequSpur
09-06-2004, 12:11 AM
Woods vs. Singh

Monday at the Deutsche Bank Open.

Fucking bring it....

SequSpur
09-06-2004, 12:13 AM
NORTON, Mass. -- Vijay Singh leads the PGA Tour's money list by an ever-widening margin. He is running away with the player of the year award.
Singh

Woods

And on Sunday he moved within 18 holes of another big prize.

Singh shot 68 to widen his lead over Tiger Woods at the Deutsche Bank Championship, putting him one round from his sixth victory of the year and the No. 1 ranking in the world. At 14 under, Singh leads the top-ranked Woods by three strokes going into their head-to-head matchup on Monday.

"I think it should be a lot of fun -- a lot of fun -- to go out and compete against Vijay," Woods said. "I think it will just be a blast."

Woods shot 69 to improve to 11 under and kept pace until Singh made birdie on 18 -- after missing a 25-foot putt for eagle. Woods has eight career come-from behind wins, but none since 2001.

"It's better to be three up than two up; that gives me even more of a cushion," Singh said. "Every shot in front of Tiger is important."

Singh and Woods were the only players to break 70 in every round, and just 12 players broke par on Sunday at the 7,415-yard, par-71 TPC of Boston; there were 88 rounds in the red for Rounds 1-2. That left them in the final group with daylight in front of third place Bill Haas, who fell toward the pack with bogeys on Nos. 13 and 14 that dropped him from 11 under to 9 under.

Shigeki Maruyama was 8 under after shooting par, and Jay Williamson and defending champion Adam Scott were another stroke back, seven behind Singh.

Singh has won the last eight tournaments he led going into the final round, including four this year. He needs only to finish ahead of Woods to convince the computers what many humans have known for some time: he's playing the best golf in the world. (The computers factor in performance over the past two years, taking the strength of field into account; Woods held a 12.09-11.91 lead heading into this week.)

Woods has held the No. 1 ranking for a record 264 consecutive weeks. Singh had made the No. 1 ranking a goal earlier in the year but decided it was too distracting and concentrated on winning individual tournaments.

"I'm pretty focused," the big Fijian said. "I'm not one to lay down. I'll just go out there and play my game."

The winds picked up, cooling off the air and the field as fall weather came to New England and the players struggled to find their lines. The event, in its second year, feature's the tour's only scheduled Monday finish.

Singh had three birdies on the front nine, but his best shot was on the 13th hole when he chipped in from the bunker to save par.

"It's a great equalizer, this game," he said. "I make a bunker shot on that hole and miss a short putt on the next hole."

Woods put a sand wedge 8 feet from the hole to birdie No. 1 and hit his tee shot into the sand in front of the green on the par-3 third hole, winding up with a bogey. He moved back to 10 under on the fourth hole when he sank a 29-foot birdie putt.

On the seventh hole, he missed a 16-foot eagle putt by 6 inches and settled for a birdie to finish the front nine at 2 under.

Woods put a 9-iron 22 feet from the 10th hole and sank the birdie putt to drop to 12 under, but on the 13th hole he put his birdie putt 10 feet past the hole and two-putted coming back for a bogey. He stayed at 11 under thanks to a pair of pars on the last two holes.

On No. 17, he flew the green and needed a drop to get away from the grandstand, but chipped to 10 feet to save par. He chunked his second shot on 18 short of the green and the ball wound up between two rocks; he had to chip sideways, away from the pin, but he got up and down to avoid losing any ground.

John Rollins was at 11 under before he triple-bogeyed the ninth hole, shanking his drive out of bounds and taking a drop. His third shot was in the rough to the right of the hole, and he needed two tries to get onto the green before two-putting.

Singh birdied No. 9 to move to 14 under, so in one hole Rollins dropped from a tie for second, two strokes behind the leader, to six strokes back.

SequSpur
09-06-2004, 07:06 PM
Singh is # 1 now.

Ho humm...........

Golfers are so lame. They don't even pump up their own sport. No shit talking, no competitiveness...... Lose, smile and walk off the green.

The only sport that players are happy with losing.

Singh and Tiger both fucking dodged any question about the matchup. 5 fucking years of holding the number 1 spot and he laughs and smiles during the post interview. Then Singh acts like its no big deal.

If Sergio Garcia took that #1 spot, I guarantee you he wouldn't back down from talking shit.

Golfers are ruining their own sport. TV contract is up, Tiger is no longer the number one golfer... They better start talking shit.

:sleep

timvp
09-06-2004, 07:29 PM
You just mad cuz two black guys rule ya sport.

:baby

SequSpur
09-06-2004, 09:32 PM
:lol

True... but............

Since I have a Tiger Woods poster framed in my office, maybe I am in denial.

:wink

IcemanCometh
09-06-2004, 10:04 PM
Woods has officially lost it, but for a good cause

http://www.cafe.se/cc-cafekvinnor/kvinnor_vi_alskar/00_06_elin_nordegren/elin_nordegren_2_468.jpg

Rest of these pics are kind on the naked side (http://www.dumpstersluts.com/blogfill/20040819/tiger-woods/)

pseudofan
09-07-2004, 07:49 PM
Singh is not black :lol goofball!:lol