PDA

View Full Version : Any Mac users know how to convert youtube to mp3s for itunes?

holcs50
10-29-2009, 05:23 AM
I know this belongs in the "geek zone" but I know I'll get better responses from the regulars in here. Just got a new macbook and want to know if theres anyway to get my youtube vids to mp3 on my itunes. All I found was a bunch of places to go from youtube to PCs. If anyone knows any my sig will forever say "(your name) is the man/woman" ha. I mean i know there's limewire and stuff like that but the last thing i want on my new laptop is a virus.

AussieFanKurt
10-29-2009, 05:34 AM
lol @ macs

holcs50
10-29-2009, 05:46 AM
lol @ macs

LOL at macs? This thing is badass my friend, don't hate. And for anyone who wants to know I figured it out just in case you want to know-this also works for PCs and can go into any player not just itunes-prob will go to your default player.

1-Go to the youtube video of the song you want
2-copy the url
3-Go to flv2mp3.com
4-paste the URL where it asks
5-Should start extracting audio then converting
6-pick where you want the mp3 to go

Takes a little time but im stoked, ipod player is going to be filling up soon

eyeh8u
10-29-2009, 12:05 PM
http://www.creativecomputing.net/catalog/images/3.5mm%20stereo%20cable.jpg do it old school

florige
10-29-2009, 12:26 PM
LOL at macs? This thing is badass my friend, don't hate. And for anyone who wants to know I figured it out just in case you want to know-this also works for PCs and can go into any player not just itunes-prob will go to your default player.

1-Go to the youtube video of the song you want
2-copy the url
3-Go to flv2mp3.com
4-paste the URL where it asks
5-Should start extracting audio then converting
6-pick where you want the mp3 to go

Takes a little time but im stoked, ipod player is going to be filling up soon

Hell can you do that with non-Macs? There are a ton of songs that are on youtube that iTunes doesn't have?! Is that possible?

tp2021
10-29-2009, 12:32 PM
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/13990
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/11047

First one is new, looks better than the 2nd one. But I know the 2nd one works with Macs for sure.

Heath Ledger
10-29-2009, 01:28 PM
If you know it belongs in Geeks section wtf didn't you post there bozo. See the warm response you get in the Club?

holcs50
10-29-2009, 02:28 PM
Hell can you do that with non-Macs? There are a ton of songs that are on youtube that iTunes doesn't have?! Is that possible?

Yea bro, should work with non macs. And Heath the club gets a lot more traffic so thought it would be easier to find an answer. Not like there isn't enough bs threads anyways-this one might actually help people who want to turn rip youtube vids of their audio and convert it into an mp3-actually pretty f'ing cool considering you can find any song on youtube.

JamStone
10-29-2009, 02:44 PM
I've done this for a while with a software program called DVDVideoSoft. Free downloadable software. Will convert both video and audio, both, or either. Will also convert wmv videos from your camcorders or webcams into mp3 audio files or quicktime video files. Great way to get music that's hard to find on itunes or elsewhere. I also transfer both audio/video files of youtube clips of karaoke songs and put it on my itouch, and hook it up to the TV and sing karaoke. Good for my niece and nephew who like to sing. Keeps them occupied for hours.

lefty
10-29-2009, 03:02 PM
I use MxTube on the Iphone

Not sure if you can use it on Mac