PDA

View Full Version : I was just thinking something crazy

Leetonidas
10-29-2009, 02:39 PM
Next year, how would you feel if this crazy scenario happens.

After the Cavs get owned in the playoffs this year and the Shaq-LeBron experiment is over, I doubt O'Neal will stay there. He has said he may want to go to LA to play with the Lakers. I know this probably wouldn't happen at all, but what if Shaq hatched an idea to sign with the Spurs for the minimum to team up with Duncan to bring them each 1 more ring. Like I said, probably wouldn't happen, but honestly I can see Shaq doing some shit like that to go out and I doubt he wants to play second fiddle to Kobe, hell third or even fourth behind Bynum and Gasol.

Thoughts? Yeah...I'm bored.

I. Hustle
10-29-2009, 02:41 PM
It would be funny and I doubt it but it would bring even more attention to our team.

mando6599
10-29-2009, 02:42 PM

After the Cavs get owned in the playoffs this year and the Shaq-LeBron experiment is over, I doubt O'Neal will stay there. He has said he may want to go to LA to play with the Lakers. I know this probably wouldn't happen at all, but what if Shaq hatched an idea to sign with the Spurs for the minimum to team up with Duncan to bring them each 1 more ring. Like I said, probably wouldn't happen, but honestly I can see Shaq doing some shit like that to go out and I doubt he wants to play second fiddle to Kobe, hell third or even fourth behind Bynum and Gasol.

If we can bring in Splitter, as has been rumored, then that point is moot.

SpursFanATL
10-29-2009, 02:44 PM
He always says he and Tim are in a race to get that 5th ring. (Notice he leaves Kobe out of that)

What better way than to try to go get it together.

Of course by next season Tim will be ahead by one anyway!

kbrury
10-29-2009, 02:44 PM
Splitter!

Agloco
10-29-2009, 02:46 PM

Wishful thinking. Shaq-Daddy would never denigrate himself by playing for the minimum.

Aside from that, it would be interesting to see the two best big men of their time work together to get a few more rings.

Scola
10-29-2009, 02:53 PM
Shaq would NEVERRRRRRRRRRRR do this!
I think he would rather retire or go overseas than to play for the minimum. Besides, he would be like the 5 option here. I just can't see it happening.

spurs_fan_in_exile
10-29-2009, 03:05 PM
The only plus side I see in Shaq coming to San Antonio is that the Spurs could go green and light the entire SBC Center by harnessing the power of the steam that would come shooting out of Pop's ears every time Shaq tried to guard the pick and roll.

lefty
10-29-2009, 03:07 PM
The only plus side I see in Shaq coming to San Antonio is that the Spurs could go green and light the entire SBC Center by harnessing the power of the steam that would come shooting out of Pop's ears every time Shaq tried to guard the pick and roll.

There is another reason: tacos

jb4g
10-29-2009, 04:33 PM
hell no

admiralsnackbar
10-29-2009, 04:50 PM
The whole point of wanting a fifth ring is to demonstrate his perceived superiority to Tim as the greatest big of their generation, so no.

SamoanTD
10-29-2009, 05:01 PM
To bad shaq aint gettin any more rings anytime soon hes dne hes gna retire with 4 sorry big snowman lol.

Muser
10-29-2009, 05:03 PM
No, Shaq is done.

CubanMustGo
10-29-2009, 05:04 PM
i want to see what spurstrodumbass thinks but it looks like he just got his ass totally busted off the forum. LOL

eisfeld
10-29-2009, 05:54 PM
Shaq has obviously a lot of respect for Duncan but I doubt he would sign with SA to get a ring. He wants to have more rings than Timmy. Furthermore, Shaq would demand starter minutes and even without a legit starting Center the rotation is so deep that there is no room for Shaq.

With Splitter hopefully coming over signing Shaq would be a bad idea.

mVp
10-29-2009, 06:13 PM
Crazy indeed.

Marcus Bryant
10-29-2009, 06:19 PM
If Ratliff is useful, why not?

Stump
10-29-2009, 06:46 PM
Being the attention whore he is, Shaq is probably more concerned about his legacy than just about any other player in the game. If he decided to sign as a FA somewhere after this year, that decision is absolutely going to be about his legacy. Due to that, I could really see him joining the Lakers and trying to heal old relationships and be remembered after he's done as a Laker first rather than just a mercenary.

But depending on how much things have healed between him and Kobe, yeah, I could see him offering his services to SA too. Over the last ten years there has been a lot of talk about this being the Shaq-Duncan era, but lately Kobe's success has kind of turned it into a Shaq-Duncan-Kobe discussion. Even if they've been enemies in the past, Shaq has always seemed to publicly respect Duncan, ackowledging him as the other great of this era. If he can't win a ring with Lebron, why not join up with the Spurs and try to cockblock Kobe from getting his fifth?

Crazy scenario? Absolutely. But then again, this is Shaq. Nothing Shaq does anymore suprises me. Nothing.

(Plus it's a message board. Why not come up with these crazy ideas?)

SenorSpur
10-29-2009, 10:20 PM

You are really bored. :rollin

:nope

ulosturedge
10-29-2009, 10:23 PM
Shaq will be like 42 next year. Dude you are crazy. Keep this shit up and they are going to make a seniors league just for the Spurs.

OrEmuN
10-29-2009, 10:56 PM
Why stop at Shaq ? After we win it all this season, everyone will be begging us to sign them up for the minimum. Example: Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Amare, Johnson, Lee, Boozer, etc

The choices are almost unlimited !!