PDA

View Full Version : If I go see The Lion King at the Majestic Theatre...

JoeChalupa
10-29-2009, 04:02 PM
do I have to dress up? I was told I should go dressed nicely but I was just going to go in jeans and a nice shirt.
Now I know this won't get the huge response that a B2B thread would but can you give me a break and give me some feedback? This is not an assignment but I could use the data.

JudynTX
10-29-2009, 04:04 PM
Tuxedo and flip flops. :D

angel_luv
10-29-2009, 04:04 PM
I would wear slacks to the theater and a nice button down, that way you can look nice while still being comfortable.

I would also take me with you guys to the play. I heard it was awesome and I would love to see it. :)

JudynTX
10-29-2009, 04:06 PM
Joe, you can't smoke in there. :nope

I. Hustle
10-29-2009, 04:06 PM
I would wear slacks or basketball shorts. The same thing you are supposed to wear to a strip club for maximum enjoyment.

Dr. Gonzo
10-29-2009, 04:07 PM
Eat some shrooms first.

CosmicCowboy
10-29-2009, 04:08 PM
I know that my childrens mother would kick my ass if I tried to go to a play at the majestic in jeans. Of course, that probably wouldn't stop me from trying...:lol

ChumpDumper
10-29-2009, 04:10 PM
Would it kill you to put on some chinos?

EricB
10-29-2009, 04:17 PM
slacks and a button down are perfect IMO.

A suit and tie would be a tad overdressed but not enough to where you'd look like a freak.

I kinda liked that about the old days how everyone when they went out to a show, movie or whatever did a nice dress and a suit and tie.

JoeChalupa
10-29-2009, 04:18 PM
:lmao I'll probably dress business casual with jacket since it will be later on in the year. We are looking forward to it.

mrsmaalox
10-29-2009, 04:18 PM
This is Texas, jeans can be worn anywhere. I've been to many shows at the Majestic (the Lion King :tu) and I always see the gamut of attire. Some guys will wear tuxes, some guys wear shorts and sandals and no one has ever looked out of place to me.

JoeChalupa
10-29-2009, 04:19 PM
slacks and a button down are perfect IMO.

A suit and tie would be a tad overdressed but not enough to where you'd look like a freak.

I kinda liked that about the old days how everyone when they went out to a show, movie or whatever did a nice dress and a suit and tie.

Thank you. That settles it. :tu

JoeChalupa
10-29-2009, 04:24 PM
This is Texas, jeans can be worn anywhere. I've been to many shows at the Majestic (the Lion King :tu) and I always see the gamut of attire. Some guys will wear tuxes, some guys wear shorts and sandals and no one has ever looked out of place to me.

Then again....... :bang

Summers
10-30-2009, 10:08 AM
I've only been to the Majestic once (I live in San Marcos), and it was to see Annie. So there were families there with little girls that were really dressed up, like for a major family outing. I think jeans are too casual, but nice casual attire should be fine.

Summers
10-30-2009, 10:09 AM
BTW, is The Lion King family-oriented? In other words, could I take my young boys to see it? I want them to see some theather once in a while.

mrsmaalox
10-30-2009, 10:15 AM
BTW, is The Lion King family-oriented? In other words, could I take my young boys to see it? I want them to see some theather once in a while.

Absolutely! I took my 3 several years ago. Get orch level seats close to the aisle if you can because a lot of the action and dancing happens off the stage.

ploto
10-30-2009, 10:17 AM
I've seen people in nice jeans, especially if you take in a matinee.

Remember, this same venue houses events like Larry the Cable Guy, so it's not like it's really an exclusive-type theatre.

Summers
10-30-2009, 06:12 PM
Absolutely! I took my 3 several years ago. Get orch level seats close to the aisle if you can because a lot of the action and dancing happens off the stage.

Cool, thanks for the tip. :)

ChumpDumper
10-30-2009, 06:20 PM
It's much better than all the adults-only Disney musicals.

Summers
10-30-2009, 06:24 PM
It's much better than all the adults-only Disney musicals.

:lol

What I meant was will it be way over a 6-year-old's head, or scary, or boring?

robino2001
10-31-2009, 09:32 PM

This is true - I took an elephant ass to the shoulder when they were here in 06 or whenever it was. Be careful if you sit on the aisle.

Mark in Austin
11-02-2009, 12:53 AM
Matinee - chinos and a nice shirt, or dark jeans with a sport coat

Evening show - sport coat and pants at least - suit would be better.