PDA

View Full Version : PTI has Blair as a topic.

phyzik
10-29-2009, 04:46 PM
Coming up in a few minutes.

SamoanTD
10-29-2009, 04:47 PM
I wuz just about ta post this lol

SpursNextRomanEmpire
10-29-2009, 04:51 PM
Coming up after commercial

phyzik
10-29-2009, 04:55 PM
They used him as a subject in their "too soon?" segment. The question was if it was too soon to say GM's should be kicking themselves for passing on him....

White guy said its too soon because of no ACL's, what if he blows a knee in the 4th game of the season?

The black guy said its not too soon, Blair played just fine all through college with no ACL's and post up players are at a premium in this league.

SamoanTD
10-29-2009, 04:55 PM
I thought they would go into detail about him or something.

TimDunkem
10-29-2009, 04:57 PM
I thought they would go into detail about him or something.
It's PTI though. Each segment is pretty short, and that idiot from ATH took up some precious seconds. :lol

SamoanTD
10-29-2009, 04:59 PM
It's PTI though. Each segment is pretty short, and that idiot from ATH took up some precious seconds. :lol
true true lol :lol

AussieFanKurt
10-29-2009, 05:04 PM
Let us know what they say

xtremesteven33
10-29-2009, 05:07 PM

:lol

completely deck
10-29-2009, 05:08 PM

They used him as a subject in their "too soon?" segment. The question was if it was too soon to say GM's should be kicking themselves for passing on him....

White guy [Tony Kornheiser] said its too soon because of no ACL's, what if he blows a knee in the 4th game of the season?

The black guy [Michael Wilbon] said its not too soon, Blair played just fine all through college with no ACL's and post up players are at a premium in this league.

Whisky Dog
10-29-2009, 05:14 PM
Why people watch a couple of dicks who never bounced a ball or scored a touchdown in their lives talk about sports is beyond me.

That would be like listening to ducks give a symposium on quantum physics.

Nathan Explosion
10-29-2009, 05:18 PM
Why people watch a couple of dicks who never bounced a ball or scored a touchdown in their lives talk about sports is beyond me.

Or like listening to a bunch of people on a message board criticize a coach who's among the greatest of all time and had 4 rings to prove it, right?

Whisky Dog
10-29-2009, 05:41 PM
Or like listening to a bunch of people on a message board criticize a coach who's among the greatest of all time and had 4 rings to prove it, right?

Umm, no nobody here is getting paid to give our thoughts as though we were an "expert" - which is exactly what ESPN does. Two guys who have zero experience dealing with what they are supposed to give their opinion on.

kbrury
10-29-2009, 05:52 PM
Umm, no nobody here is getting paid to give our thoughts as though we were an "expert" - which is exactly what ESPN does. Two guys who have zero experience dealing with what they are supposed to give their opinion on.

So basically your saying most sportswriters should not have their job?

sabar
10-29-2009, 05:55 PM
I have no experience in murdering people, guess I can't be paid to say why it's wrong.

sabar
I have no experience in murdering people, guess I can't be paid to say why it's wrong.

Wombatzu

or like you coming up with a proper analogy?

PM5K
10-29-2009, 06:02 PM
Bottom line is that once the second round started SIX teams fucked up by not picking Blair.

You could even argue that any team with a pick between twenty and thirty in the FIRST round fucked up by not picking him, especially a team like the Lakers and Cavs that can throw away a pick at 29 and 30 and not give two shits.

SequSpur
10-29-2009, 06:03 PM
So basically your saying most sportswriters should not have their job?

that's a good analogy....

Except for Kori... of course... :)

Nathan Explosion
10-29-2009, 07:03 PM

So instead of hating the guys, maybe you should actually be praising them. They get paid to do what we admittedly would do for free. That's a damn good job if you ask me.

If I could get paid to come on Spurstalk and talk sports, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Oh wait, I'm posting from work. :lol

Fact is, these guys make their money because not only do they like sports, but unlike a lot of us, they can actually write about it. There's a lot more to journalism than most people think. Hell, I took photojournalism, and just writing captions had a lot of rules to it.

These guys know how to follow the rules, and construct good stories. I've read one of Kornheiser's books and it's good stuff.