PDA

View Full Version : POP quit using small ball !!!

NuGGeTs-FaN
10-29-2009, 08:31 PM
Obligatory thread :lol:toast

TimDunkem
10-29-2009, 08:32 PM
Finley at the 4.:vomit:

HarlemHeat37
10-29-2009, 08:36 PM
Bulls went small too, so it's not a big deal..

Interrohater
10-29-2009, 10:33 PM
I got your small ball right here....oh.... dammit!

n/m

loveforthegame
10-29-2009, 10:44 PM
It's disappointing to watch small ball with all the bigs we have.

But Blair was in foul trouble, Duncan needs rest, McDyess wasn't too good, and well we have Bonner. Not sure why Ratliff couldn't have gotten some more minutes though.

dbestpro
10-29-2009, 10:50 PM

That would be true except Pops small balls are always old and decrepit.

#2!
10-29-2009, 10:55 PM

Because that is their style. and we went small because that is THEIR style. This Spurs team is too good to be molding their game to the other team's style.

This game is why everyone wanted Fin gone this offseason. Not because he isn't a good player (he is), but because Pop is irrational in his use of Finley. Playing finley or RJ at the four in the first two games just so there is room for Michael on the floor is just ridiculous.

celldweller
10-29-2009, 11:04 PM
Our goal this off-season was to get younger and more athletic, yet Pop still starts Finley & Bonner. WTF! Atleast use Haislip, Hairston, and Mahinmi on the second night of a back to back. Let's let them develop!

HarlemHeat37
10-29-2009, 11:18 PM
I would love to see Hairston and Ian against teams like Sacramento coming up..if you have young guys that can help in the type of game we lost tonight, you should at least see what you got, even if it's early in the season..horrible teams like that should be used as experiments..

pad300
10-29-2009, 11:22 PM
Because that is their style. and we went small because that is THEIR style. This Spurs team is too good to be molding their game to the other team's style.

This game is why everyone wanted Fin gone this offseason. Not because he isn't a good player (he is), but because Pop is irrational in his use of Finley. Playing finley or RJ at the four in the first two games just so there is room for Michael on the floor is just ridiculous.

I'm sorry, but you've made a terrible mistake here. You said Finley's a good player. He's not. He's a bad bad player at this point. If his shot is falling at 50% clip on 3's, he's even on the floor. That happens maybe 1 game in 4. The other 3 games, he gives up a lot of points of D, and isn't very useful on offense. He offers no effective skills other than shooting. Worse still, he sucks even more when he comes off the bench; therefore he is stuck in a starting spot. Combine that with Pop's irrational love for him (Damnit, if Pop was going to crush on a vet, why not Bowen, who was much better last season, and very likely still is...) and he's a big problem on this team.

AussieFanKurt
10-29-2009, 11:25 PM
Its one game

Dingle Barry
10-30-2009, 12:32 AM
Its one game
:dramaquee

#2!
10-30-2009, 02:27 PM
I'm sorry, but you've made a terrible mistake here. You said Finley's a good player. He's not. He's a bad bad player at this point. If his shot is falling at 50% clip on 3's, he's even on the floor. That happens maybe 1 game in 4. The other 3 games, he gives up a lot of points of D, and isn't very useful on offense. He offers no effective skills other than shooting. Worse still, he sucks even more when he comes off the bench; therefore he is stuck in a starting spot. Combine that with Pop's irrational love for him (Damnit, if Pop was going to crush on a vet, why not Bowen, who was much better last season, and very likely still is...) and he's a big problem on this team.

i don't care. You, presumably, read my whole post and then focused on two words set within parentheses. Like this:

I think you made a mistake. You claim that Pop has a "crush" on Finley, but also claim that if not Michael his love would focus on some one else. This is wrong. Despite his affinities for fine wines, lounging on beaches with young Virgin Islanders, wild South American men, and time spent consuming gourmet meals with a snooty Frenchmen I do not believe Gregg Popovich is a homosexual.

spurtech09
10-30-2009, 06:27 PM
how about pop sit out bogan and add Ian to the line up.....duncan,Ian,parker,rj,mason, as the starting line up.....

quentin_compson
10-30-2009, 07:14 PM
how about pop sit out bogan and add Ian to the line up.....duncan,Ian,parker,rj,mason, as the starting line up.....

Somehow I doubt that, after not picking up Ian's option, the Spurs are planning to make him their starting big alongside Duncan.