PDA

View Full Version : Garnett is 9 minutes away from the lottery

whottt
04-17-2005, 04:21 PM
And with his elimination the Spurs will have the longest active streak of making the playoffs...

See ya KG.

whottt
04-17-2005, 04:22 PM
BTW, it looks like Seattle is healthy again.

ducks
04-17-2005, 04:23 PM
he is stinking up stormhttp://www.laters.com/pics/skunk.jpg

Brodels
04-17-2005, 04:27 PM
I'm lovin' it. It's payback for punking that guy last summer. Or his constant yelling at Rasho. Or any of the other crappy things he's done.

The Tim/KG debate should be over. I just can't imagine how a Duncan-led team wouldn't make the playoff if he was on the court most of the year.

A year after finally getting beyond the first round his team doesn't even make the playoffs. MVP my ass.

whottt
04-17-2005, 04:32 PM
IT's not over yet....TWolves are making a frantic comback and have cut the deifict to 7 from 15 with 5 minutes to go.

Brodels
04-17-2005, 04:34 PM
Damn. C'mon Sonics. Lay the hammer down.

whottt
They've cut it down to 5

whottt
LMAO Brodels...all we have to do is "rest" in our next game and he's done lmao.

ducks
04-17-2005, 04:38 PM
I guess it must be my fault I posted the skunk and kg started making shots

ducks
04-17-2005, 04:40 PM
sonics are proving they are very beatable

whottt
I can't say I am thrilled to see Rashard back.

whottt
They are still holding on duck.

Brodels
Gotta hang on.

The Sonics could potentially compete for a title if they could keep Allen and add one quality big man. It's hard to find one, but if they could come up with something, they would be somewhat complete.

It will be interesting to see what happens in Minny in the offseason. Some housecleaning is obviously in order, but who beyond Garnett will they keep? Hassell will still be around...will management (whoever that ends up being) dangle Wally?

whottt
04-17-2005, 04:41 PM
Sonics back up by 9 with 2 minutes to go.

Spurminator
04-17-2005, 04:41 PM
Shard with a dagger.

Brodels
04-17-2005, 04:42 PM
Play solid ball and it's over.

I'm lovin' it.

ducks
04-17-2005, 04:42 PM
kg for ray allen?

whottt
04-17-2005, 04:43 PM
I am not convinced KG is going be content to stay in Minnesota...

Basically the Twolves are looking at yet another rebuild and I don't think KG wants to go through another one of those...and to tell you the truth, I think the Wolves ought to honor his rquest if he wants out...they've pretty much wasted his career with front office blunders...dude is 28 years old...another halfass rebuild and his time as a franchise player will be ovah.

Brodels
04-17-2005, 04:44 PM
kg for ray allen?

KG isn't going anywhere. It'll be Spree and Cassell and maybe Wally that will go. And I'm unsure about Kandi's contract...but if they can unload him somehow, I'm sure they'll do that. It will be difficult.

I don't know about Allen. It's not a sure thing that he's going to return to Seattle. They would be smart to sign him though.

jalbre6
04-17-2005, 04:45 PM
Have fun, Kevin.

http://www.upperdeck.com/athletes/kevingarnett/images/gallery/offcourt_ocean.jpg

http://www.upperdeck.com/athletes/kevingarnett/images/gallery/offcourt_fishing.jpg

ducks
04-17-2005, 04:45 PM
I think kg ask out
kg for kobe?
allen for kobe?

ducks
04-17-2005, 04:47 PM
you know I think if I am lakers I ask wolves for kg for kobe

Brodels
I am not convinced KG is going be content to stay in Minnesota...

Basically the Twolves are looking at yet another rebuild and I don't think KG wants to go through another one of those...and to tell you the truth, I think the Wolves ought to honor his rquest if he wants out...they've pretty much wasted his career with front office blunders...dude is 28 years old...another halfass rebuild and his time as a franchise player will be ovah.

I think it's an equal value thing though. The Pups aren't going to get equal value for him because there are only a very few players in the league at his level. He is the face of the franchise. He's why people come to games. I just can't imagine management agreeing to move him even if he's not happy. Shaq was a different matter because of his age, contract demands, and relationship with Kobe. But KG still has many more years left at a more reasonable dollar amount.

If Kobe has another down year in LA, could something be there? Kobe would be about as much talent as Minny could hope to get in return, and Garnett might thrive in the spotlight of LA. It's interesting to think about...

Kobe would probably hate Minnesota though. Even better.

whottt
KG isn't going anywhere. It'll be Spree and Cassell and maybe Wally that will go. And I'm unsure about Kandi's contract...but if they can unload him somehow, I'm sure they'll do that. It will be difficult.

I don't know about Allen. It's not a sure thing that he's going to return to Seattle. They would be smart to sign him though.

I could see Ray Allen winding up with the Knicks via S&T...

Come to think of it I could see KG winding up with the Knicks....

And the freaking Knicks have the expiring contracts in the next 2 years to trade for KG, Duncan and Shaq all at the same time.

Everybody wants to play in New York...don't be surprised, they've got a SuperStar to trade...cap space, lottery picks, draft picks, young talent..

spurs_2108
04-17-2005, 04:48 PM
109-94 Sonics

Brodels
04-17-2005, 04:49 PM
These two players were two of the most valuable and untradeable players in the league at one time. It's amazing how a player's stock can fall when things don't go well.

whottt
04-17-2005, 04:50 PM
I think it's an equal value thing though. The Pups aren't going to get equal value for him because there are only a very few players in the league at his level. He is the face of the franchise. He's why people come to games. I just can't imagine management agreeing to move him even if he's not happy. Shaq was a different matter because of his age, contract demands, and relationship with Kobe. But KG still has many more years left at a more reasonable dollar amount.

If Kobe has another down year in LA, could something be there? Kobe would be about as much talent as Minny could hope to get in return, and Garnett might thrive in the spotlight of LA. It's interesting to think about...

Kobe would probably hate Minnesota though. Even better.

It won't be the first time...Barkley got traded by raising a stink, Vince Carter...if a player wants to get traded bad enough they can usually pull it off.

They can't afford to pay a miserable Garnett who wants out IMO.

exstatic
04-17-2005, 04:51 PM
I just can't imagine management agreeing to move him even if he's not happy.

Then they are headed for a bunch more lottery seasons. If this year isn't proof that an unhappy and unmotivated KG isn't a force, then nothing will convince them. He pretty much turned into Steve Nash on defense.

Their best bet would be to try to pry away someone like Okefor or Howard for KG while he has value and is on top. Kobe ain't shit without Shaq, and Ray Ray is too old and has a bad knee. Go after a young stud to replace KG and build around that player. Minnesota needs to burn it down and start over. KG has taken them as far as he is able.

Brodels
04-17-2005, 04:51 PM
I could see Ray Allen winding up with the Knicks via S&T...

Come to think of it I could see KG winding up with the Knicks....

And the freaking Knicks have the expiring contracts in the next 2 years to trade for KG, Duncan and Shaq all at the same time.

Everybody wants to play in New York...don't be surprised, they've got a SuperStar to trade...cap space, lottery picks, draft picks, young talent..

The Knicks are always an option, especially for Allen because he could force a sign-and-trade if he really wants out and Seattle really wants something other than cap space in return.

I'm not so sure about Garnett though. I can't see Steph going back to Minnesota, and I don't think the Knicks really have a franchise-caliber player to trade. Minny would demand a superstar in return. They would have to.

And no, even though you would probably disagree, I don't consider Malik Rose to be a franchise player.

picnroll
04-17-2005, 04:53 PM
Kobe has a no trade clause in his contract. No way he agrees to go to Minny particularly on a team in total rebuild.

Can't see how Minny isn't screwed. They have more holes than fills. Maybe they should just trade KG for high picks and young talent and go into full rebuild mode. Sell tickets on youth and growth.

T Park
04-17-2005, 04:53 PM
karma is a bitch aint it Garnett.

Brodels
04-17-2005, 04:56 PM
KG will put some people in the seats though. Jamal Crawford and Mike Sweetney aren't going to do that. Jumaine Jones and Chucky Atkins aren't going to do that.

If you're trading a player of his caliber, you absolutely need to get something of substance in return. The VC situation really doesn't apply here. Noboby ever thought he was a winner and he seems to prefer deferring to others in big moments. He's just not the same kind of player.

Barkley is interesting, too. But he was traded because Philly was convinced they couldn't win with an undersized power forward and because they felt his best years were behind him. Barkley's wishes to be traded made it a pressing issue, but those other reasons played a role, too.

Minny must believe that finding a way to get Garnett happy and bringing in some additional talent is the way to go. Garnett won't be traded in this offseason. It will take another year like this one to make that happen.

whottt
04-17-2005, 04:56 PM
The Knicks are always an option, especially for Allen because he could force a sign-and-trade if he really wants out and Seattle really wants something other than cap space in return.

I'm not so sure about Garnett though. I can't see Steph going back to Minnesota, and I don't think the Knicks really have a franchise-caliber player to trade. Minny would demand a superstar in return. They would have to.

And no, even though you would probably disagree, I don't consider Malik Rose to be a franchise player.

Brodels...there is no way possible the Knicks will get back equal value for Garnett because the only players of equal value are Duncan and Shaq...

So after that the best option is rebuilding as quickly as possible...and the Knicks can help a team do that...hell, they could help 2 or 3 teams do that...

They could take all the bad contracts the Wolves have along with KG...and give lottery picks, young talent and cap space in return.

I am not saying it's going to happen...but if Garnett gets traded it's going to be for something along those lines rather than equal value.

ata
04-17-2005, 04:57 PM
And the guy signed multiyear extension last year. He could be FA this summer. I feel kind of sorry for him. After all, he is still a great player.

whottt
04-17-2005, 04:58 PM
Minny must believe that finding a way to get Garnett happy and bringing in some additional talent is the way to go. Garnett won't be traded in this offseason. It will take another year like this one to make that happen.

The TWolves have no way of adding talent...they are capped out for at least one more season. They aren't going to get anyone good for Wally....

Brodels
04-17-2005, 04:59 PM
Kobe has a no trade clause in his contract. No way he agrees to go to Minny particularly on a team in total rebuild.

That's interesting. That pretty much kills that then.

Can't see how Minny isn't screwed.

It depends what you mean by screwed. They won fifty games and made the playoffs with KG, Wally, and some mediocre but cooperative support players. If they can unload Sam and Spree, that's pretty much what they've got.

They won't contend with that core, but they could make the playoffs every year if KG is healthy and motivated. I guess it just depends on what matters most to management.

They have more holes than fills. Maybe they should just trade KG for high picks and young talent and go into full rebuild mode. Sell tickets on youth and growth.

That's not going to happen. It's hard to sell tickets on potential, especially if you're winning 15 games a season.

picnroll
04-17-2005, 04:59 PM
Chicago has the young talent to make an interesting deal for KG.

whottt
04-17-2005, 05:00 PM
And the guy signed multiyear extension last year. He could be FA this summer. I feel kind of sorry for him. After all, he is still a great player.

Not only that but he took a gigantic paycut and gave up the grandfathered pre 98 CBA payrate of his old contract.

Brodels
04-17-2005, 05:02 PM
Brodels...there is no way possible the Knicks will get back equal value for Garnett because the only players of equal value are Duncan and Shaq...

So after that the best option is rebuilding as quickly as possible...and the Knicks can help a team do that...hell, they could help 2 or 3 teams do that...

They could take all the bad contracts the Wolves have along with KG...and give lottery picks, young talent and cap space in return.

I am not saying it's going to happen...but if Garnett gets traded it's going to be for something along those lines rather than equal value.

I disagree. He's still relatively young. They might not get equal talent in the sense that they'll get a player who is as good, but they will get a franchise player in return. You can't trade one of the best four players in the game in his prime without getting that in return. They could not sell that to their fanbase.

whottt
04-17-2005, 05:02 PM

I could see him going to Chicago, I could see him wanting to go there, but I don't think they have that much to offer without resigning Curry and Chandler to long term deals.

Brodels
04-17-2005, 05:03 PM
The TWolves have no way of adding talent...they are capped out for at least one more season. They aren't going to get anyone good for Wally....

I'm talking about adding small pieces. They could find a way to get back to being a fifty win, out in the first round of the playoffs kind of team.

whottt
04-17-2005, 05:03 PM
I disagree. He's still relatively young. They might not get equal talent in the sense that they'll get a player who is as good, but they will get a franchise player in return. You can't trade one of the best four players in the game in his prime without getting that in return. They could not sell that to their fanbase.

Yeah they can...they could sell it the way teams always sell it..

"We were never going to win a title with this guy"

Jimcs50
04-17-2005, 05:04 PM
This was not on KG.

Spree and Cassell cost them this season with there "what is in it for me" attitude at the start of the preseason.

KG had a good year, but the chemistry was awful.

picnroll
04-17-2005, 05:04 PM
They won't contend with that core, but they could make the playoffs every year if KG is healthy and motivated. I guess it just depends on what matters most to management.

That's not going to happen. It's hard to sell tickets on potential, especially if you're winning 15 games a season.

Fan base usually expects progress or hope not stagnation. Eventually, if they don't see the team getting closer to the ring, just spinning wheels as a first or second round and out, they stop buying tickets.

whottt
04-17-2005, 05:05 PM
Look for all I know KG may want to stay in Minnesota...I don't know that he doesn't...but he's got to be sick of that front office...

And if he starts raising hell I don't see that the team has a lot of options..who wants a miserable SuperStar?

Brodels
04-17-2005, 05:05 PM

True. With Curry's future somewhat in question, they have some things to iron out there though. If Curry isn't able to go and they can't agree on a contract with Chandler, they don't have as much young talent as it might seem.

Brodels
04-17-2005, 05:07 PM
Yeah they can...they could sell it the way teams always sell it..

"We were never going to win a title with this guy"

Yeah, and attendance will go down a bunch. People aren't going to buy that because he's been the face of the franchise for so long and he's still in his prime.

ata
This was not on KG.

Spree and Cassell cost them this season with there "what is in it for me" attitude at the start of the preseason.

KG had a good year, but the chemistry was awful.
Exactly that, and Spree has a lot of worries how to feed his family.

Leetonidas
109-94, there's your game.

Brodels
04-17-2005, 05:08 PM
Fan base usually expects progress or hope not stagnation. Eventually, if they don't see the team getting closer to the ring, just spinning wheels as a first or second round and out, they stop buying tickets.

I agree to an extent...but winning fifty games every year will draw a certain amount of interest.

It's a lot easier to sell that than a long rebuilding process.

whottt
04-17-2005, 05:09 PM
Yeah, and attendance will go down a bunch. People aren't going to buy that because he's been the face of the franchise for so long and he's still in his prime.

The attendance will go down anyway if they start under-performing or if KG starts being a malcontent.

Edit: and BTW, their attendance is going down.

picnroll
04-17-2005, 05:09 PM
Just guessing but worse case Curry may have something like Wolf Parkinson White syndrome like Rebraca that is surgically correctable.

Brodels
04-17-2005, 05:10 PM
Just guessing but worse case Curry may have something like Wolf Parkinson White syndrome like Rebraca that is surgically correctable.

I hope so. We'll have to wait an see what happens with him.

whottt
04-17-2005, 05:11 PM

Is there a cure for his "7 foot 300lber that can't rebound" problem?

T Park
04-17-2005, 05:12 PM
I would trade KG, for a combo fo Chandler, Heinrich, and whatever else.

Chicago gets a serious Superstar since Mj,

minnesota rebuilds on the fly with good young talent.

picnroll
04-17-2005, 05:14 PM
I agree to an extent...but winning fifty games every year will draw a certain amount of interest.

It's a lot easier to sell that than a long rebuilding process.

A lot of teams get stuck in short term, just hang on, next year thinking and never get out of a rut. If you have the balls and ability and there's little hope of being more than at best mediocre, you blow the team up, take a year or two hit in sales, get some great draft choices, young talent and renew the interest by people seeing young players grow. That' unless you have a front office that makes decisions like Chicago did after the MJ era.

pjjrfan
04-17-2005, 05:15 PM
Well, I'm happy they didn't make it, I knew they would not be a factor this year for a championship but I thought they would make the playoffs for sure, maybe a 4 or 5 seed, this was just a catastrophe, I think KG should have slapped sprewell and Cassell instead of that rookie last summer. Obviously heads are going to roll, look for deals, firings, and a strong effort to keep KG a Wolve. I agree with Whott that KG may start looking for greener pastures. There really isn't anyone out there you can trade this guy straight up. And no matter what kind of package deal, it won't make up for his talent level. But Milwaukee traded a still young Jabber, O'Neal got traded and that's just two that come to mind. I'm just looking forward to seeing KG with the TNT crew, but the way things are going for him this year, he will probably wind up with the ESPN clowns, sheesh.

Brodels
04-17-2005, 05:16 PM
I would trade KG, for a combo fo Chandler, Heinrich, and whatever else.

Chicago gets a serious Superstar since Mj,

minnesota rebuilds on the fly with good young talent.

You certainly aren't going to build around Chandler and Heinrich. If they do that, they'll have to suck for a while, get some high draft picks, develop talent, and hope to be a decent team six years from now. Just like the Bulls. Top free agents won't be banging down the door to play in Minnesota. It's like San Antonio...if you get a superstar, you've got to hold on to him or get something valuable in return. If Minny can't trade KG for another young star, they'll have to rely on the draft. That's a risky proposition.

picnroll
Is there a cure for his "7 foot 300lber that can't rebound" problem?
Same as for 6' 5" undersized PFs. :lol

whottt
Maybe KG will decide he wants to be a Spur ;)

whottt
04-17-2005, 05:17 PM
Same s for 6' 5" undersized PFs. :lol

Malik>Curry(better rebounder too)

Brodels
04-17-2005, 05:17 PM
Malik > KG ? Admit it, Whottt.

whottt
04-17-2005, 05:19 PM
Malik > KG ? Admit it, Whottt.

Malik 2 rings KG 0

Malik>KG

Malik can also lead a team to the lottery, just like KG.

But KG would be a halfway decent consolation prize for losing Malik.

picnroll
04-17-2005, 05:21 PM
Dwight Howard is going to be an absoluute stud. If you were Orlando would you trade Howard and maybe some baggage like Francis, +/- their first round pick for KG? If you were Orlando would you make that trade?

whottt
04-17-2005, 05:24 PM
If I was Orlando I would make that freaking trade...I don't know that I would if I was Minnesota...mainly because Francis is the exact same type of dumb pain in the ass that messed up the TWolves this season...and in others.

Leetonidas
04-17-2005, 05:24 PM
Dwight Howard is going to be an absoluute stud. If you were Orlando would you trade Howard and maybe some baggage like Francis, +/- their first round pick for KG? If you were Orlando would you make that trade?

Yeah I would.

Brodels
04-17-2005, 05:25 PM

I guess it depends what they would need to give up and who else they could come up with. It would be great to trade for Garnett if they could retain/obtain some quality talent to play with him. But they aren't going to win a championship with Garnett and eleven scrubs. So if getting Garnett means cleaning house, I probably wouldn't do it. If they are confident in their ability to trade for KG and retain talent and acquire talent through free agency, it would be a good move.

whottt
04-17-2005, 05:28 PM
There's only one team in the NBA that doesn't trade everything they have to get Garnett...and that's us. I think even the Heat would trade for him(after this season of course).

CHAMPS AGAIN
04-17-2005, 05:29 PM
And with his elimination the Spurs will have the longest active streak of making the playoffs...

See ya KG.

t-pups and fakers :lol :lol :lol :lol :nope :nope :nope :baby :baby :baby

Brodels
04-17-2005, 05:30 PM
There's only one team in the NBA that doesn't trade everything they have to get Garnett...and that's us. I think even the Heat would trade for him(after this season of course).

The Pistons? No way.

Brodels
04-17-2005, 05:30 PM
The Suns? No way.

bigbendbruisebrother
04-17-2005, 05:32 PM
That's amazing--both of 2004's western conference finalists will be watching from the outside this year.

whottt
04-17-2005, 05:34 PM
Brodels...you left out Cleveland...

But I mean look at it realistically...working under the current CBA what team wouldn't give up their two best players or equivalency in contracts this offseason for Garnett?

I could see the Heat doing it...because Wade isn't enough to win a title on his own and Shaq's end is drawing near...on top of that he wants 30 million a season.

Phoenix?

I am sorry but I would trade Nash and Marion or Amare for KG in a heartbeat.

You yourself said that there really isn't a way to get equal value for Garnett...

Would you trade Kobe for KG? Or an unhappy Lebron?

Ben or Rasheed Wallace and Billups or Hamilton? Or a combination of 3? I bet Dumars would do it.

td4mvp21
04-17-2005, 05:39 PM
That's amazing--both of 2004's western conference finalists will be watching from the outside this year.
Yup that is definitely something to ponder about. Kinda funny too. :lol

Brodels
04-17-2005, 05:42 PM
Brodels...you left out Cleveland...

But I mean look at it realistically...working under the current CBA what team wouldn't give up their two best players or equivalency in contracts this offseason for Garnett?

I could see the Heat doing it...because Wade isn't enough to win a title on his own and Shaq's end is drawing near...on top of that he wants 30 million a season.

Phoenix?

I am sorry but I would trade Nash and Marion or Amare for KG in a heartbeat.

You yourself said that there really isn't a way to get equal value for Garnett...

Would you trade Kobe for KG? Or an unhappy Lebron?

I think there are several teams that wouldn't trade their two best players for Garnett. San Antonio, Phoenix, Cleveland, Detroit, Miami, and Houston come to mind. Possibly the Lakers, too.

Would I personally? I probably would trade KG for Kobe. I probably would trade Lebron for KG if there was a high risk of Lebron bolting after his contract expired. But what I would do and what I think NBA GMs would do are two different things.

I can't see Phoenix giving up the probable league MVP and a budding superstar (who is a big man to boot) for Garnett.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-17-2005, 05:46 PM
Orlando could make that trade for KG sending out Howard, Francis, and scraps and still be set in the East.

They could trot out:

PG Nelson
SG Stevenson (dude has been ballin' given the PT)
SF Hill
PF Garnett
C Who cares

And be legit contenders for the EC championship.

whottt
04-17-2005, 05:48 PM
I can't see Phoenix giving up the probable league MVP and a budding superstar (who is a big man to boot) for Garnett.

It's going to be all downhill for Nash after this season...and Amare will never be in KG's league in terms of all around game...Amare is awesome but he is also very one dimensional and he's literally about half the rebounder Garnett is IMO, I don't think he ever will be the rebounder Garnett is...Garnett is the best in the league at it, better than Duncan and Shaq. Amare owes a lot of his numbers this season to Nash...

Brodels
04-17-2005, 05:57 PM
It's going to be all downhill for Nash after this season...and Amare will never be in KG's league in terms of all around game...Amare is awesome but he is also very one dimensional and he's literally about half the rebounder Garnett is IMO, I don't think he ever will be the rebounder Garnett is...Garnett is the best in the league at it, better than Duncan and Shaq. Amare owes a lot of his numbers this season to Nash...

I'm not saying that either of those players is better than KG. But we're talking about two probably all-nba players. And we simply don't know what will happen with Nash. He'll slow down eventually, but when? People said the same thing last offseason, and he's probably had his best season ever. People said the same thing about Payton for years, but he got the job done in Seattle longer than people thought he would.

Nash uses his speed and energy to excel, but he's also got great court vision and he can shoot the ball. Some guy named Stockton played great basketball for a very long time because he had those attributed. Nash will lose some effectiveness when he loses a step, but it won't be drastic. He's not like Parker. His biggest skills won't deteriorate with time.

Amare isn't going to be as good as KG. But a team built around Amare and Nash and Marion figures to contend for the next three years. I'm not convinced that Phoenix would want to mess with that. It has worked great for them this season. They will finish with the best record in the league. They have a chance to go deep into the playoffs. They have zero incentive to screw with that right now.

If things change there, sure. But not right now. And not this summer.

td4mvp21
04-17-2005, 06:07 PM
[QUOTE=Aggie Hoopsfan]
C Who cares

[QUOTE]

:smokin

picnroll
04-17-2005, 06:19 PM
C Cato

Hedo
Christie
MLE

ShoogarBear
04-17-2005, 06:20 PM
Pups losing to Seattle when they still had a chance is no surprise to anyone who's been watching them this year.

They spent most of the year vacillating between being disinterested and being confused, with the occasional spurt of playing hard out of desparation.

It seems to me they got two options: a) back up the truck (trade KG), or dump contracts (Spree, of course, maybe they can get a taker for Cassell) adn go after the FAs (Allen, who else is out there?).

sickdsm
04-17-2005, 08:14 PM
KG is not going anywhere. He's the reggie miller of the west. Its absoluty idiotic to assume KG is going to demand a trade bc the team blew up. They guy took a pay cut for the team. His best friend and his wife are from here. The guy is a god locally. Some of you are looking like Stephan A Smith with the rumors flying out so fast. Lemme guess, Golden State WILL get Yao and LeBron wants to be a knick, right?

"I'm 'Sota, man"

That says it right there.

As for wally, word out of the cleveland papers is that Z is definatly gone next year. They would definatly want to leave with a sign and trade. Wally Szerbiak is making what Z is in the ballpark for a contract. Clevland has been infatuated with him and theres been lots of rumors the past few years about him going there.

Never know.

Z
KG
Trenton
?
?

With a solid pick from this years draft, imagine a hinrich or bosh type player in one of those question marks.

timvp
04-17-2005, 08:18 PM
Hinrich or Bosh with a mid first round pick? You'd have a better chance hoping that Anthony Carter is the Second Coming.

whottt
04-17-2005, 08:29 PM
KG is not going anywhere. He's the reggie miller of the west. Its absoluty idiotic to assume KG is going to demand a trade bc the team blew up. They guy took a pay cut for the team. His best friend and his wife are from here. The guy is a god locally. Some of you are looking like Stephan A Smith with the rumors flying out so fast. Lemme guess, Golden State WILL get Yao and LeBron wants to be a knick, right?

"I'm 'Sota, man"

That says it right there.

Um...

"We were victims of our own success," Kevin Garnett said before resisting the urge to make spot judgments after such a disappointing loss. "I'm kind of frustrated right now, so I don't like to answer from the heart at this point. It's been a hard year."

But Garnett said it was too soon to make judgments about the long-term future of the franchise.

"It's not the time to be pointing fingers," Garnett said. "Everybody from the [front office] to the players has to look at themselves."

What that says to me is if KG was say to say what he really feels he'd be saying he wants the fuck out of there ...

You can pretend it's not happening, just like you can pretend Carter and Olowkandi don't suck ass...but it won't change the truth..

He is definitely thinking about it...

And he can be idolized anywhere...I don't think he considers that a good tradeoff for a fruitless NBA career and being fated to lose and go down in history as a choking bitch, all because of a fuckup Front Office.

I can tell you right now McHale is going to have to kiss some major ass and reach deep down into his bag of bullshit to keep KG positive and wanting to stay...

He's not denying that he is thinking about leaving...and I'd take that as a bad sign if I were you.

He's flat out done every thing you guys have asked of him...and the FO has screwed up every time...

Exactly how much do you want from the guy? His legacy? I think you ask too much.

Brodels
04-17-2005, 08:33 PM
I can tell you right now McHale is going to kiss some major ass and reach deep down into his bag of bullshit to keep KG positive and wanting to stay...

I'll be surprised if McHale is kissing anybody's ass anywhere except on his living room couch next season.

whottt
04-17-2005, 08:34 PM
Then that's even worse...because Garnett likes McHale and he's probably the main reason KG is still there now.

whottt
04-17-2005, 08:45 PM
Pups losing to Seattle when they still had a chance is no surprise to anyone who's been watching them this year.

They spent most of the year vacillating between being disinterested and being confused, with the occasional spurt of playing hard out of desparation.

It seems to me they got two options: a) back up the truck (trade KG), or dump contracts (Spree, of course, maybe they can get a taker for Cassell) adn go after the FAs (Allen, who else is out there?).

Cassell and Spree sabotaged the Wolves...I think they feel KG didn't do a good enough job of getting their back at contract renogtiating time...

I don't think they can dump anything with Spree...I think his deal is up and if he gets the MLE from someone I will be surprised...Cassell is on the books for 1 more year at 6 mil...they are not going to get anything good for him...especially after his mouth and his play this season...

The Wolves may end up having no choice but to resign Spree and Cassell...they don't have any thing they can do to pull of a trade for true help...Wally for Z? That will be the Rasho years revisited. Even if they do it it won't make a difference...

Ironically I think the guy whose game would most fit with KG's for the purposes of winning a title is Marbury...A C isn't going to make the difference unless his name is Shaq.

Spurs košarka kultura
04-17-2005, 09:27 PM
Clevland has been infatuated with him

This sounds like a load of crap, can I see it in writing please (link)?

Experiment2100
04-17-2005, 09:29 PM
http://img99.echo.cx/img99/9148/kgandspreegofish5zw.jpg

ShoogarBear
04-17-2005, 09:51 PM
I don't think they can dump anything with Spree...I think his deal is up and if he gets the MLE from someone I will be surprised
Right, so that's what I meant. His contract is off their books. So if they let him go, they get his cap space, right? (Every year I have to get a refresher on this stuff.)

...Cassell is on the books for 1 more year at 6 mil...they are not going to get anything good for him...especially after his mouth and his play this season...
Maybe, maybe not. Cassell's money isn't ridiculous, and as we've seen, you can get lots for that "expiring year" contact. Plus, unlike Spree, I think he may have least least one good year left in him.

The Wolves may end up having no choice but to resign Spree and Cassell...they don't have any thing they can do to pull of a trade for true help...Wally for Z? That will be the Rasho years revisited. Even if they do it it won't make a difference...
Z is certainly MUCH better than Rasho on defense. His major question is durability. The thing I think is that Wally is starting to set himself up as next year's Spree/Cassell problem with his early complaining.

whottt
04-17-2005, 10:04 PM
Right, so that's what I meant. His contract is off their books. So if they let him go, they get his cap space, right? (Every year I have to get a refresher on this stuff.)

They'll still be over the cap...so they won't have any additional room to go after anyone. And I'm no expert on the cap either...

Maybe, maybe not. Cassell's money isn't ridiculous, and as we've seen, you can get lots for that "expiring year" contact. Plus, unlike Spree, I think he may have least least one good year left in him.

Yeah but his attitude is awful and expiring year contracts are much more attractive if they are ridiculous...

Z is certainly MUCH better than Rasho on defense. His major question is durability. The thing I think is that Wally is starting to set himself up as next year's Spree/Cassell problem with his early complaining.

I dunno if I agree Z is a better defensive player...I think he's a better offensive player, but Rasho used to be a good offensive player too..Plus Z is made out of crepe paper and Rasho is pretty durable.

Experiment2100
04-17-2005, 10:24 PM
http://img141.echo.cx/img141/6310/spreewellwalmart9bq.jpg

Spree would have liked to have gone fishing but he has a summer job lined up so his family would not starve. WalMart's uniform policy had him cut his hair though.

ShoogarBear
04-17-2005, 10:25 PM
I dunno if I agree Z is a better defensive player...I think he's a better offensive player, but Rasho used to be a good offensive player too..Plus Z is made out of crepe paper and Rasho is pretty durable.
Damn, I screwed that up. I meant offense, of course.

Experiment2100
04-17-2005, 10:42 PM
I shoulda waited for the season to end to post those huh? Wait till you see my Kobe one.

ducks
04-17-2005, 11:49 PM
walley wants to start next year even if it means he is traded
see nba forum

Frenchise player
04-18-2005, 07:07 AM
I hope KG goes to LA, if the lakers trade what they get from Miami last year, it could work.
I would love to see San Antonio winning against Kobe, Garnett and the Lakers at the same time.

sickdsm
04-18-2005, 07:50 AM
Zydrunas Ilgauskas and his family and friends are telling people he thinks there's only a small chance he'll be back with the Cavaliers next season. He told the New York Daily News that he's probably going to buy a home in New York this summer, perhaps as he prepares to sell his Cleveland home." Akron Beacon Journal

"Since there are only a few teams with enough available cap space to sign Ilgauskas for his market value -- and he's probably not interested in the likes of the Hawks, Clippers or Bobcats at this stage of his career -- there's a high probability the Cavaliers might end up working a sign-and-trade with their All-Star center if they don't keep him." Akron Beacon Journal

"Several NBA observers suggest the Lakers or the Timberwolves could be willing trade partners for big Z. The Lamar Odom-Kobe Bryant experiment did not go well this season, and the Lakers might be willing to deal Odom and the four years and $52 million left on his deal. The extremely versatile Odom excelled in the Eastern Conference with the Miami Heat last season." Akron Beacon Journal

"There have been Wally Szczerbiak-to-Cleveland trade rumors for years, and his outside shooting would be welcomed. His contract (four years, $45 million left after this season) matches about what Ilgauskas is expected to get." Akron Beacon Journal

Theres more if your too lazy to search.

Right guys, Are you the same bunch that said he was gone after losing his best friend Joe Smith in that debacle? Remember how the wolves were destined to never get out of the cellar after that? Remember how he was supposed to be gone? How about his contract a few years ago? Remember how he was definatly going to leave then too?

Z>>>Wally

People are acting like Wally is Cal Ripken here compared to Z. I'd take an injured Z before another injured wally any day.

McHale likely is gone.

MadDog73
04-18-2005, 10:31 AM
Hey, sorry if this has been posted already here or on another thread, but can someone confirm if this is the first time in NBA history that BOTH WCF Finalists are out of the playoffs the following year?

C-ya, Wolves and Lakers. It was fun while it lasted. :D

whottt
04-18-2005, 10:33 AM
Yeah...and Garnett is like the first regining MVP to not make the playoffs(without a good excuse)...the only other was Kareem after the Big O retired...

Garnett has 3 guys who were All Stars fairly recently and still missed the playoffs...looks bad on his record...biggest MVP flop ever.

MadDog73
04-18-2005, 10:52 AM
Yeah...and Garnett is like the first regining MVP to not make the playoffs(without a good excuse)...the only other was Kareem after the Big O retired...

Garnett has 3 guys who were All Stars fairly recently and still missed the playoffs...looks bad on his record...biggest MVP flop ever.

Ouch. No first team for you, KG! :lol

picnroll
04-18-2005, 10:59 AM
Seems if Cavs wanted to do a S&T that a deal with Seattle, Allen for Z, would be a helluva lot better for both teams than getting Cavs getting Walleye. Getting one dimensional Wally would be a mistake.

50 cent
04-18-2005, 11:10 AM
Tim Legler on Mike and Mike this morning was saying that the TPups collapse this year from 1st to not making the playoffs is not only the worst this year, but the worst collapse in the last 25 years of the NBA.

Couldn't happen to a more deserving guy than Garnett. :lol

CosmicCowboy
04-18-2005, 11:12 AM
If Houston gets bounced in the first round and KG demands a trade this may be a best scenario for both teams...and damn scary for us with Houston...

Houston trades: SG Tracy McGrady (25.8 ppg, 6.2 rpg, 5.7 apg in 40.9 minutes)
Houston receives: PF Kevin Garnett (22.4 ppg, 13.7 rpg, 5.7 apg in 38.3 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -3.4 ppg, +7.5 rpg, and 0.0 apg.

Minnesota trades: PF Kevin Garnett (22.4 ppg, 13.7 rpg, 5.7 apg in 38.3 minutes)
Minnesota receives: SG Tracy McGrady (25.8 ppg, 6.2 rpg, 5.7 apg in 40.9 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +3.4 ppg, -7.5 rpg, and 0.0 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to Houston and Minnesota being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Houston and Minnesota had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

You have been assigned Trade ID number 2351835

Talk about it on the Trade Board

except for Houston getting much better this would be a hilarious trade for Mr. "I want out" McGrady...exile in Minnesota...:lol

picnroll
04-18-2005, 11:19 AM
McGrady just forced a trade to Houston from Orlando. The chances of him being willing to go to Minny are somewhere between 0 and -100.

CosmicCowboy
04-18-2005, 11:30 AM
stranger things have happened. McGrady doesn't HAVE to like the trade...

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-18-2005, 12:36 PM
Seems if Cavs wanted to do a S&T that a deal with Seattle, Allen for Z

When I talked to a pair of Seattle scouts after an A&M hoops game earlier this spring, they said Seattle and Ray were only 4 million apart, and would get it done this summer.

Ray's not going anywhere.