PDA

View Full Version : I just bumped into Rich Franklin...

The TroutBum
10-30-2009, 02:14 AM
Well, not really. I was home sick today and thought that I'd go hit Best Buy and see if anything caught my fancy when I realized a big ass line and a bunch of people crowded around a table... My boy, Ace, was there signing autographs, taking pictures, and talking with fans. The line wasn't that long, and I had probably 30 people in front of me -- it took over 90 minutes to get up to him. He actually took the time to talk to everyone, ask them how things were, answered all of their questions, signed multiple items, and posed for pictures. Well worth the wait, imo. What a class act guy. Jeremy Horn was supposed to be there too, but took a fight in CO at the last minute and couldn't make it. Some loser from some season of TUF was there too, but in the hour that I could see the table, I think one person got his autograph -- kinda felt bad for him, really. I'd never heard of him. /shrug.

Anyhow, here are a few action shots -- yes, my camera and my photo skills suck ass, blow me.

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m71/flakestein/Ace3.gif

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m71/flakestein/Ace1.gif

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m71/flakestein/Ace2.gif

Some cock sucking Utah fan...
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m71/flakestein/Ace4.gif

And me, about ready to take his ass to the ground and throw some trippy submission on him...

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m71/flakestein/Ace-1.gif

The best part of the whole experience? I asked him if he liked the Jazz, and he was like, "Jazz music? It's alright." And I was like, "Holy shit man, you're in Utah -- I'm talking about the Utah Jazz." He just kinda looked retardedly at me. I said, "You know who Deron Williams is?" Rich: "Errr..." Me: "You do know who Chris Paul is, right?" Rich: "Errrr, sure." Me: "Dude, would you mind doing something totally juvinile for me?" Rich: "I dunno man, what?" Me: "I just need you to look at my camera and say, "Chris Paul Drinks Pee." is that cool?" Rich: "No way man, I don't even know who that dude is -- I can't rip on him if I don't know him. If you want me to say Matt Hughes drinks pee, I'll do that!" He laughed, and then, "I'll say Lyotto Machida does too, because I actually know that he does!"

He does? Nice.

Anyhow, he's a cool dude, but what blue-blooded American, who isn't a complete flaming homosexual, doesn't know who Chris Paul is? I'm a little worried about Ace...

CubanSucks
10-30-2009, 02:32 AM
That's fuckin awesome. Looks alot like Forrest except the last pic

dbreiden83080
10-30-2009, 08:48 AM
Cool story but you seriously asked Ace to say to the camera "Chris Paul drinks pee" Uh okay..

ATRAIN
10-30-2009, 09:31 AM
Trout thats awesome but why was he at best buy?? I could understand promoting the UFC game. Just curious. Cool pics though, the last one is awesome. I wonder what they think when a fan asks to take a pic like that?

The TroutBum
10-30-2009, 10:08 AM
Trout thats awesome but why was he at best buy?? I could understand promoting the UFC game. Just curious. Cool pics though, the last one is awesome. I wonder what they think when a fan asks to take a pic like that?

I have no frickin clue why he was at Best Buy, none at all. As far as posing for that last pic, Rich was totally cool with just about any poses. He actually let a little kid -- probably 8 years old -- take his back, get his hooks in, and put him in a RNC. It was actually really bad ass. I am a HUGE Franklin fan after last night.

The TroutBum
10-30-2009, 10:10 AM
Cool story but you seriously asked Ace to say to the camera "Chris Paul drinks pee" Uh okay..

You do realize that this was probably a once in a lifetime opportunity, and if he had agreed, I'd have the most bad ass sig/avatar of all time?

You don't pass chances like that up, imo.

dbreiden83080
10-30-2009, 10:48 AM
You do realize that this was probably a once in a lifetime opportunity, and if he had agreed, I'd have the most bad ass sig/avatar of all time?

You don't pass chances like that up, imo.

I just find it funny this popped into your head, when meeting Rich Franklin one of the best MMA fighters ever, and Basketball/Chris Paul and Pee was on your mind, just saying not hating.. :p:

Stringer_Bell
10-30-2009, 02:34 PM
Cool story brah. But I second the concern that you were more concerned about Rich's lack of Chris Paul knowledge than your own focus on Chris Paul. :lol

UFC dvds might have needed a boost, and an in store signing at Best Buy might do good for word of mouth.

tsb2000
10-30-2009, 04:39 PM
Why that guy gotta be a cock sucking Utah fan? You're not one of those inbred BYU people are you? For your sake, I hope not.

The TroutBum
10-30-2009, 11:30 PM
Why that guy gotta be a cock sucking Utah fan? You're not one of those inbred BYU people are you? For your sake, I hope not.

Was that you? Doesn't matter, you all suck cock.

angelbelow
11-08-2009, 04:36 AM
thats awesome, rich sounds like a cool dude.

Evan
11-08-2009, 10:14 AM
awesome thread~

tsb2000
11-08-2009, 11:18 PM
Was that you? Doesn't matter, you all suck cock.

Better a cock sucker than a sister-fucking BYU-loving Momo.

Nah, wasn't me brah. I live in Arizona.

dallaskd
11-09-2009, 07:16 PM
ah shit fucking mormons on my forum..

The TroutBum
11-09-2009, 11:09 PM
ah shit fucking mormons on my forum..

White Mormon Pride, pussy. (I'm getting it tattooed on my chest ASAP)