PDA

View Full Version : Thick and Thin

spurspokesman
10-30-2009, 07:49 AM
After looking at our spurs last night it became horribly obvious that we albeit being A way better team have good issues and bad issues.

The good: I think we are so talented that we haven't really settled in on what to do with it.This will definetely take a little time. With only one ball there has to be definition to an offensive system and with all the new weapons we severely lacked last year this definition is far from established. When established. WATCH OUT.

Tim Duncan is showing flashes of 7 yrs ago and ginobilli has some mojo left.

Blair is living up to billing. RJ hasnt found his rythym (because he plays passive)but clearly has tools we need and mcdyess is doing well despite being a lil out of shape. This all spells good.

The Bad: Finley- Although he can get hot and knock down shots, this guy couldn't stop an elderly lady from falling in the middle of the street, constantly gets owned by opposing teams two and threes and constantly needs help on D creating layups and wide open looks for opposing teams thus rendering him useless. But bogans is no better and pop wont try hairston so he is the less of the evil I guess.

Bonner- WOW. I wont go there. You guys covered it already but he is soft and besides chucking up shots is also useless. You can also pick and roll him to death because of his footwork.

Haislip- Could of been an equalizer or in between guy but obviously doesn't have it so outside of RJ (who has sucked so far but will get way better cause he is a great player) we our a liability at the three and the bulls our strong at the three and attacked us and came away victorious.

So all in all we our THICK in some areas and THIN in others. I expect FO to take a look and make a move if something good at the three pops up.

Solution- I believe we need A one size fits all player who can play the two and three - Batum, r bell, tony allen, matt barnes , courtney lee and mikael pietrus would be dreams come true for the spurs. They all score a little or a lot at times can grab a board or two and keep there man in front of them. Hopefully we dont have this liability at playoff time cause it can prove costly. Other than that we are in great shape.:lobt2:LETS GO GET IT.