PDA

View Full Version : LOL at this MVP push for Carmelo

BRHornet45
10-30-2009, 08:41 AM
sons isn't it funny how the NBA randomly chooses a new player every year to push for MVP? So far we are only two games into the season and all the talk is around Carmelo for MVP ... I would love to know how the media/NBA goes about selecting their choice for MVP at the beginning of every season.

LOL they put Carmelo at the line for 19 damn free throws last night. It's not too difficult for any player to boost their points per game number up whenever they get help like that.

21_Blessings
10-30-2009, 09:25 AM
Regular season MVP award is a joke right now and hasn't had any credibility since they gave Nash two and Dirk's one where he couldn't even beat the Warriors.

BRHornet45
10-30-2009, 09:32 AM
Regular season MVP award is a joke right now and hasn't had any credibility since they gave Nash two and Dirk's one where he couldn't even beat the Warriors.

true ... but its pathetic watching the media and NBA literally force a new player every year into that role as if they have already won the award. ESPN has done nothing but kiss Carmelo's ass all preseason and hype him up as MVP. how in the hell can they already tell that guys like Kobe, Wade, Paul, Lebron, Howard, etc., etc. won't have a better year than Carmelo? .... many of us can see through the media hype bullshit, but the sad thing is that MOST fans don't.

I just want to know how the media goes about selecting the "chosen one" for each year that they are going to hype up? is it a random selection? do they draw names of the league's best players out of a hat? tell me how sons!

Shank
10-30-2009, 09:42 AM

You do know it's a regular season award, right? 90/50/40

Culburn369
10-30-2009, 09:43 AM
How can you guys get perturbed & excited about a political process?

BRHornet45
10-30-2009, 09:46 AM
How can you guys get perturbed & excited about a political process?

the NBA reminds me of the WWE more and more every year.

TheNextGen
10-30-2009, 11:23 AM
season mvp winners dont win championships lately...so im all for giving in to carmelo. lol

ElNono
10-30-2009, 11:39 AM
Unlike Chris Paul, Carmelo is really ballin'...

JamStone
10-30-2009, 12:19 PM
I guess Brandon Roy should be in the discussion for MVP too since he got 18 free throw attempts last night as well.

Yeah, those were a lot of free throws, but did you watch Carmelo last night? The kid was beasting. The media talks about players that are playing well. It'd be foolish to ignore the fact that Melo was waxing Portland ass last night. Any MVP talk this time of the season is premature nonsense. But, if they're going to talk about it, hey, Melo is doing that dam thing right now.

JustBlaze
10-30-2009, 12:35 PM
Get the f*ck outta here. Son you must still be bitter about the whipping Melo & the Nugz gave you guys in the playoffs because I saw no such things. ESPN's been kissing Melo's what all preseason long? If anything, all they've been showing is Lebron and Kobe's black asses. And there's certainly nothing wrong with the hype he's been getting as of late seeing how well he's been playing. Do I think Melo will be MVP? Hell no, his fatass still needs to improve on D if he wants to win that IMO, but at the same time it wouldn't come as a shock to me if he ends up winning it seeing how he has shown bits of improvement on D. We all know what he can do offensively, now if he can get better on defense as the season progresses, then we just might have ourselves a new MVP.

As for his high fta attempts last night, that's nothing new for a guy like Melo, who seeks contact unlike most players. There might've been a play or two last night where one could have questioned the call(s), but unless you were watching the game and not looking at the highlights or reading the box score, don't try and act like he didn't earn most of those free throws. And yes, majority of Melo's ft's did come late in the 4th with both teams having no fouls to give.

Sportstudi
10-30-2009, 12:37 PM

You forgot 67-15. But he's a moronic troll, what do you expect?

21_Blessings
10-30-2009, 12:54 PM

And both Kobe and Lebron were more valuable to their teams that season. Dirk just affirmed why he never deserved it in the playoffs.

mavs>spurs2
10-30-2009, 01:27 PM
121-63 faggot

BRHornet45
10-30-2009, 01:28 PM
Unlike Chris Paul, Carmelo is really ballin'...

son you just made a fool of yourself.

BRHornet45
10-30-2009, 01:29 PM
121-63 faggot

how original twat

JamStone
10-30-2009, 01:30 PM
And both Kobe and Lebron were more valuable to their teams that season. Dirk just affirmed why he never deserved it in the playoffs.

Neither Kobe nor LeBron won a title the seasons they won league MVP either.

mavs>spurs2
10-30-2009, 01:31 PM
how original twat

cp3 looks like a little twat flopping around on the ground, although it isn't original

xtremesteven33
10-30-2009, 01:35 PM
Melo is still trying to get most NBA fans to take him seriously.

Hes really going to have to work on that and I think people will start putting him in the same category as LBJ,Wade,Kobe this year.

BRHornet45
10-30-2009, 01:38 PM
cp3 looks like a little twat flopping around on the ground, although it isn't original

son CP3 learned how to flop from the very best ... the king of all floppers ... Dirk

dirk4mvp
10-30-2009, 01:40 PM
Sons there's never been a better flop than this masterpiece.

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u296/emotionless2007/cpflop.gif

lefty
10-30-2009, 01:42 PM
Rofl

BRHornet45
10-30-2009, 01:42 PM

LMAO the funny thing is that is the only flop you ever show. God it must suck to be a Mavericks fan and have to deal with that washed up chump Jason Kidd.

dirk4mvp
10-30-2009, 01:45 PM
121-63 must suck

BRHornet45
10-30-2009, 01:47 PM

son Paul was simply returning the favor during that game. The Spurs flopped their way to victory that ENTIRE game. funny how some of you turn the other cheek to that FACT though. let me refresh your memory ....

u_v2HD-zbfg

lefty
10-30-2009, 01:48 PM
son Paul was simply returning the favor during that game. The Spurs flopped their way to victory that ENTIRE game. funny how some of you turn the other cheek to that FACT though. let me refresh your memory ....

u_v2HD-zbfg
That game was a beatdown anyway, stop with your lame excuses

fevertrees
121-63 must suck

http://www.supersportscenter.com/images/product/medium/2527.jpg

NugzFan
sons isn't it funny how the NBA randomly chooses a new player every year to push for MVP? So far we are only two games into the season and all the talk is around Carmelo for MVP ... I would love to know how the media/NBA goes about selecting their choice for MVP at the beginning of every season.

LOL they put Carmelo at the line for 19 damn free throws last night. It's not too difficult for any player to boost their points per game number up whenever they get help like that.

he earned almost everyone one of those fts.

and he might not win MVP but he can certainly be in the discussion.

dirk4mvp
10-30-2009, 01:49 PM
LMAO the funny thing is that is the only flop you ever show.

znAA4mLU0II

:lmao at 1:24

BRHornet45
10-30-2009, 01:49 PM
121-63 must suck

son that one game doesn't suck near as bad as the failures of your boys in blue .. it MUST suck to get stomped into the ground by the 8th seed GS Warriors and oh yea lets not forget about that classic choke job in the 06 finals ... now son that is what SUCKS.

dirk4mvp
10-30-2009, 01:50 PM
son that one game doesn't suck near as bad as the failures of your boys in blue .. it MUST suck to get stomped into the ground by the 8th seed GS Warriors and oh yea lets not forget about that classic choke job in the 06 finals ... now son that is what SUCKS.

Shouldn't you be picking on a franchise at your own level, like the Grizzlies?

BRHornet45
10-30-2009, 01:52 PM
http://www.supersportscenter.com/images/product/medium/2527.jpg

LMAO gotta love how the WHITE man's MVP (Dirk) choked that series away.

dirk4mvp
10-30-2009, 01:53 PM
gJcFa2oA5IU

BRHornet45
10-30-2009, 01:55 PM
Shouldn't you be picking on a franchise at your own level, like the Grizzlies?

son you are pathetic ... you do know that the Hornets own your pussy ass Mavericks right? the last two seasons they have fucking OWNED them. maybe one day your phony little billionaire owner will learn to stop investing money into choke artist white boys like Dirk to be his "team leader". I know son, the truth hurts doesn't it fagot?

dirk4mvp
10-30-2009, 01:56 PM
son you are pathetic ... you do know that the Hornets own your pussy ass Mavericks right? the last two seasons they have fucking OWNED them. maybe one day your phony little billionaire owner will learn to stop investing money into choke artist white boys like Dirk to be his "team leader". I know son, the truth hurts doesn't it fagot?

What has Chris Paul done in his career?

It's pretty funny that you're the whitest guy on spurstalk.

lefty
10-30-2009, 01:57 PM
Gaux Hornets

Gay Hornettes

BRHornet45
10-30-2009, 01:59 PM
What has Chris Paul done in his career?

It's pretty funny that you're the whitest guy on spurstalk.

LMAO ... Chris Paul has been in the NBA for 4 years, Dirk what? 12 years? ... Paul will go down in history as the best point guard to ever play the game. Dirk will be remembered for choking away a championship in 06, being awarded a bogus MVP award simply because of his skin color, and knocking up a crackhead felon.

dirk4mvp
10-30-2009, 02:00 PM
Paul will go down in history as the best point guard to ever play the game.

rofl

DAF86
10-30-2009, 02:10 PM
I'm going to kick ass in my fantasy league with Carmelo.

DAF86
10-30-2009, 02:12 PM
How did a "Carmelo MVP" thread turn into a bitchfest between Mavs and Hornets fans?

BRHornet45
10-30-2009, 02:15 PM
How did a "Carmelo MVP" thread turn into a bitchfest between Mavs and Hornets fans?

son anytime I make a thread some Mavs chump ruins it. they are still butt hurt from the beatings my Hornets have put on their Mavs over the last two years. it never fails ... its ALWAYS a Mavs fan... as if they have anything to be proud of to begin with LOL.

carrao45
10-30-2009, 02:23 PM
LMAO ... Chris Paul has been in the NBA for 4 years, Dirk what? 12 years? ... Paul will go down in history as the best point guard to ever play the game. Dirk will be remembered for choking away a championship in 06, being awarded a bogus MVP award simply because of his skin color, and knocking up a crackhead felon.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Not even close. He won't come close to Magic's 5 NBA titles and I doubt he gets 3 MVP's either. In fact, if he makes the finals more than once in his career, I'll be impressed with what he's accomplished.

Fact is, Chris Paul hasn't done shit, except lose the the Spurs when he had HCA, and a 3-2 lead.

BRHornet45
10-30-2009, 02:33 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Not even close. He won't come close to Magic's 5 NBA titles and I doubt he gets 3 MVP's either. In fact, if he makes the finals more than once in his career, I'll be impressed with what he's accomplished.

Fact is, Chris Paul hasn't done shit, except lose the the Spurs when he had HCA, and a 3-2 lead.

son we will see in another 10-12 years or so. The five championships Magic won were due to the fact that he was blessed to be on star studded teams. you can't deny that. Paul should already have an MVP award if it wasn't for the biased media handing it to Kobe. back whenever Magic played, the league was more legit and respected and didn't just hand out awards to whoever ESPN told them to.

oh but there is one thing you forgot that Paul won't accomplish that Magic did .... test positive for HIV.

Ghazi
10-30-2009, 02:35 PM
Chris Paul's legacy to date: Putting up stats in the regular season, letting Jannero Pargo take 13 4th quarter shots in Game 7 of a series where they had a 2-0 lead, and quitting on his home court. :lol 121-63

urunobili
10-30-2009, 02:37 PM
Chris Paul's legacy to date: Putting up stats in the regular season, letting Jannero Pargo take 13 4th quarter shots in Game 7 of a series where they had a 2-0 lead, and quitting on his home court. :lol 121-63

:owned

BRHornet45
10-30-2009, 02:40 PM

ah my boy Ghazi ... I was waiting for your dickless self to come in here. Since you just gave me a wonderful reply on Paul, let me remind you of Dirk's legacy .... Dirk will be known for .....

- holding the #1 seed only to get curb stomped by the #8th seed GS Warriors
- choking away the 2006 finals after being up 2-0
- "winning" a bogus MVP award simply because of his skin color
- impregnating a crackhead felon

LMAO

iggypop123
10-30-2009, 03:04 PM
one too many beers brhornet? paul will never get close to magic's legacy, but has a legit shot to pass stockton

Findog
10-30-2009, 03:27 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/10193/carmelo-anthonys-trainer-on-his-mvp-caliber-client

Portland has a problem," David Thorpe said when he called me this morning, after watching Blazers vs. Nuggets last night, "and it's Carmelo Anthony. Holy cow is that guy good."

The Nuggets star has been out of this world in his first two games. Once seen as a lackluster defender, Anthony is now making the kinds of tough plays all over the floor that characterize the really special MVP-type players. (My thought: Michael Beasley, are you watching? Do what this guy is doing and you'll be fine.)

The man who might know the most about Anthony's game right now is his trainer, Idan Ravin, who was nice enough to answer some questions:

Obviously Carmelo Anthony has always been a special player. But are you seeing that we're seeing so far this season? Does he just look like he took off into the stratosphere?
He has been terrific. The best thing is that it is only two games into the season and 'Melo gets better over time. His consistency, mental and physical stamina and his commitment to greatness is why this is only a glimpse of what is to come. He is a hurricane.

Carmelo Anthony, says his trainer Idan Ravin, is set to have an MVP season.
(Cameron Browne/NBAE via Getty Images) What, if anything, are you seeing that he's doing differently this year?
He has become more efficient and polished offensively. He is committed defensively and has assumed a leadership role on his team not only via his actions, but also his words.

Looks to me like he's really committed to doing whatever it takes to win now, huh?
He has always been committed to winning. You don't win a national championship at the high school level and as as a freshman in college if winning isn't a priority. Winning at the NBA level has become something that can now view with more clarity. In the past, winning in the League was esoteric. After coming so close last year, it has become more tangible, with texture and depth.

What was the off-season like?
His effort level and commitment were extraordinary. With a player of his stature, his off-season responsibilities are enormous. Yet he made time every day, regardless of the city he was in or the time of day, to get to the gym. Our time was focused, measured and intense.

His body looked very different when he was a rookie, right? What has changed?
His body fat is down. He is lean. He is meticulous with his diet and his workouts.

If you had to rank MVP candidates three days into the season, where we would he be on your list?
'Melo is MVP.

What has been your favorite 'Melo play of his first two games?
It would be the dunk on Paul Millsap. It highlights his reaction time on defense, his ability to immediately transition to offense, his intensity when attacking the basket, his ability to finish regardless of what is in his way, his passion for the game, his decision to both become more vocal and to lead by example.

The train he's on now ... where is it headed?
The train has no set destination. It will travel as far as 'Melo elects to take it.

badfish22
10-30-2009, 03:37 PM
Paul should already have an MVP award if it wasn't for the biased media handing it to Kobe.
So Dirk got the MVP based on skin color, and Kobe got it based on the biased media?

:lmao This guy is great.

DAF86
10-30-2009, 03:41 PM
Paul should already have an MVP award if it wasn't for the biased media handing it to Kobe.

That's true but the NBA owed Kobe an MVP award for the time they gave it to Dirk (or was it Nash?) when Bryant averaged 35 ppg and took a crappy Lakers team to the playoffs.

BRHornet45
10-30-2009, 03:45 PM
That's true but the NBA owed Kobe an MVP award for the time they gave it to Dirk (or was it Nash?) when Bryant averaged 35 ppg and took a crappy Lakers team to the playoffs.

son that is true I will not argue that, but its still bullshit ... the fact that Nash won two MVP's and Dirk of all people actually won one is a total joke. I guess the NBA considered Kobe's MVP as a reparations award for being racist the year before when giving it to that undeserving white boy.

BRHornet45
10-30-2009, 03:47 PM
Or win a title, or an MVP. Sucks huh? You had no problems with the ESPN media hype of your one hit wonder, even though we all warned you that's all it was.

LMAO a Laker fan telling me about another team getting media hype??? LMAO!

BRHornet45
10-30-2009, 03:48 PM
anyways sons its been fun ... gotta get down to the arena and start drinking before the game. god bless

sook
10-30-2009, 04:23 PM
BR, I had regarded carmello as a worthless piece of lazy crap for many years, but even that is starting to change. You're right its only to NBA games so far but he was a stud last night. I don't know if he can keep this up, too early to tell so i will hold of on my official opinion for now.

IronMexican
10-30-2009, 04:28 PM

typical mavfan. Using the Spurs to get at another team cause the Mavs have no way at getting to nawlinfan

Spursmania
10-30-2009, 05:54 PM
season mvp winners dont win championships lately...so im all for giving in to carmelo. lol

Then maybe they should give it to Kobe:p:

Lars
10-30-2009, 07:52 PM
I predict it will work about as well as Jerry Sloan's push for COY last year.

Cleveland Steamer
10-30-2009, 08:02 PM
I think its obvious who the MVP will be and its not Melo.

Def Rowe
10-30-2009, 08:13 PM
Melo is beasting it so far this season. He scores at will, whenever he wants to. I'm pretty impressed.

NuGGeTs-FaN
10-30-2009, 08:15 PM
I think its obvious who the MVP will be and its not Melo.

is it going to the leader of the 0-2 team? :smokin

duncan228
11-01-2009, 01:24 AM
Karl Says Carmelo Is Trying To Play Like MVP
Nuggets' Carmelo Anthony, armed with a new mind-set, is off to sizzling start for 2-0 Denver (http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_13681618?source=rss)
By Benjamin Hochman
The Denver Post

"M-V-P!"

It's the "I love you" of chants.

"M-V-P!"

It's simple but somehow suitable for the award of awards; the chant wouldn't work well with other honors ("Most! Improved! Player!").

"M-V-P!"

It's the only chant permitted while a home player is shooting a free throw.

You hear it annually at Staples Center when Kobe Bryant puts on a show. This year, could it be at the Pepsi Center?

For Melo, it should be melodic.

This NBA season is but two games in, and the Nuggets' Carmelo Anthony is playing at a frighteningly high level. The small forward logged 30 and 41 points in Games 1 and 2 and seemed to will his team to tough victories against Utah and Portland.

Reflecting all the way back to his days in Baltimore gyms, Anthony said he's never felt this good to start a season.

"But really, it started in the offseason. I was telling people all summer that I was feeling great about this season coming up," Anthony said after Thursday's late-night victory at Portland. "So far, so good. I know it's only two games, but two heck-of-a-games. . . . It's mental. I wanted to challenge myself mentally to pick up where I left off last year, and I feel that I'm doing that."

This preseason, fans saw glimpses of a player who had elevated his game. Melo shot fearless jumpers over taller defenders, and he got to the free-throw line at a startling rate. He led the NBA in scoring during the preseason and did so with nearly a basket a minute.

Anthony said he approached the preseason like it was the regular season. So far, he's approaching the regular season like it's the postseason.

"(He is) trying to move into the level where you're talking about him as an MVP candidate," Nuggets coach George Karl said.

When asked if Anthony could win the scoring title, Karl said: "We've talked about extending his efficiency and minutes. I would rather see him have his best assist year,
his best assist-to-turnover ratio, his best free-throw year. . . . If we have the year I think we're capable of, I'm hoping that maybe 20 to 25 games he doesn't play in the fourth quarter, so I think it makes it difficult, compared to guys who aren't going to have as many blowouts.

"Also, I don't think a scoring title is on my list of importance. My importance would be — can he have his most triple-doubles and a commitment to be a dominant player in all aspects?"

And for all of Melo's highlights through two games — and wasn't that a heck of a dunk over Paul Millsap? — the play that best showcased his versatility and command occurred in the fourth quarter Thursday night in Portland. Standing about 8 feet to the left of the basket on the baseline, he stepped left with a dribble, then quickly spun 180 degrees toward the right while using a dribble and found himself in front of the basket. But when center Greg Oden lunged in his face, Anthony calmly readjusted his body in midair for an off-balance banked bucket in the paint. Ho-hum.

As for the MVP talk, there were already whispers among the media on press row Thursday about Anthony's ascension. In the Nuggets' locker room afterward, teammate Anthony Carter said the media has overlooked Melo heading into this season.

"They're always talking about other people, but they never talk about him," Carter said. "We made the Western Conference finals, and they still aren't talking about him. . . . He can basically score whenever he wants to. I don't think he gets the recognition he deserves. It's like they forgot about him."

So far, though, his performances have been unforgettable.

Allanon
11-01-2009, 01:32 AM
Melo's been a real NBA Superstar since Redeem Team. That was probably the best thing that could have happened in his NBA career.

mattb_25
11-01-2009, 03:20 AM

LOL here's a site for you idiot.... http://theblackbeast.blogspot.com/

hell that could be your site... but it doesn't have shit about how great of flopper Paul is so i'm not sure....

JJ Hickson
11-01-2009, 04:47 AM
:lol Damn, that little white boy BRhornet got bitch slapped all over this thread.

kamikazi_player
11-01-2009, 10:31 PM
Omg....40 points for Carmelo again, He's basically unguardable on offense right now.

TDMVPDPOY
11-01-2009, 10:36 PM
i say his legit for mvp candidate,

the only way he lose out is to wade or lebron, due to external and internal bs from the nba...

carrao45
11-01-2009, 10:54 PM
If Kobe doesn't win it, My next two choices would be Melo and Dwight

Austin_Toros
11-01-2009, 10:55 PM
i say his legit for mvp candidate,

the only way he lose out is to wade or lebron, due to external and internal bs from the nba...

yeah, the nba always seem to fiddle with who deserves the award

as for melo, he's been playing well and is currently the front-runner for MVP. why can't people just live with this?

Shastafarian
11-01-2009, 10:59 PM
STEIN_LINE_HQ

Make that 113 points in 116 minutes for Melo as the Nuggets count down the final ticks of a home win over the Iverson-less Grizz

Allanon
11-02-2009, 01:52 AM
This picture tells you all you need to know about Melo these days:

http://badpussy.org/uploads/files/zk71ocn4ndcci05gxqm9.png

Back then:
http://www.thesportstruth.com/images/gallery/kevin-federline-and-carmelo-anthony.jpg

carrao45
11-02-2009, 09:20 AM
Do you see the way he's been playing

Killakobe81
11-02-2009, 02:04 PM
Offensively he is beasting and they are winning so i have no problems with him in the discusiion but if kobe shot that much and only grabbed 3 rebounds and had 2 assists yallwould be calling a ballhog.
I like melo he should avarage 8 boards 5 assists with 28 he does thatid give him MVP too withthe way he is playing offense

Findog
11-02-2009, 02:22 PM
This picture tells you all you need to know about Melo these days:

http://badpussy.org/uploads/files/zk71ocn4ndcci05gxqm9.png

Back then:
http://www.thesportstruth.com/images/gallery/kevin-federline-and-carmelo-anthony.jpg

Is that Warner Brothers tattoo for West Baltimore or "Warn a Brutha"?

I used to hate the guy, but I think he gets it now. He plays at both ends of the floor and is becoming a leader. Top 10 player now for sure, probably top 6.