Bulls good.

Spurs Bad.

:bang

spurspokesman
10-30-2009, 12:11 PM
Bulls good.

Spurs Bad.

Yup. They killed us with theyre athleticism. That and our guards couldnt keep and old lady in front of them. Combine that with stupid turnovers, soft play and cold shooting and you have the perfect recipe for a loss.
Spurs didnt do the one thing they do well. SLOW IT DOWN. They tried to gunsling and got gunned down. And by the way BONNER and fin started. one is fine but both cant start. We can afford one liability but two is death.

SamoanTD
10-30-2009, 12:14 PM
Bulls good.

Spurs Bad.

Bulls were on

Spurs were off

all fixed lol

PDXSpursFan
10-30-2009, 12:28 PM
My Random thoughts:

Bonner sucks.
Finley sucks

SamoanTD
10-30-2009, 12:58 PM
My Random thoughts:

Bonner sucks.
Finley sucks
:lmao:lmao:lmao

Muser
10-30-2009, 01:00 PM
The Bulls are seriously underrated on this board, sure they're not contenders but they are by no means bad.

HarlemHeat37
10-30-2009, 01:02 PM
the Bulls will be challenging for the 4th seed..

people talk about how they lost Gordon, but forget that they were playing without Deng for most of the year..

It was still a bad showing though..

SA210
10-30-2009, 01:13 PM
My Random thoughts:

Bonner sucks.
Finley sucks
Pop sucks

fixed

Agloco
10-30-2009, 01:14 PM
Bulls good.

Spurs Bad.

Insightful. :rolleyes

NBA Fanatic
10-30-2009, 01:18 PM
Spurs were unable to get any offensive rebounds. Tim played well but did not get the usual support from Tony and Manu. It was the second game of a back-to-back. Spurs have a home date with the Kings coming and should right the ship with a win.

weebo
10-30-2009, 01:24 PM
Insightful. :rolleyes

Sorry. I didn't get to see the game. I was hoping to see TIMVP's recap of last night's game, but I guess he's not doing it anymore. Maybe those who saw the game can give their opinions on what went wrong.

TDMVPDPOY
10-30-2009, 01:29 PM
would the bulls do ty thomas for ian the bust mahinmi?

Agloco
10-30-2009, 01:30 PM
Sorry. I didn't get to see the game. I was hoping to see TIMVP's recap of last night's game, but I guess he's not doing it anymore. Maybe those who saw the game can give their opinions on what went wrong.

My bad, I thought you were being a bit sarcastic. In a nutshell, the Spurs got worked on the boards but shot well in the first half. In the second half, they shot themselves right out of the game.

If they rebounded well or even shot the ball around 40% in the second half, its a W. It isn't nearly as bad as most are making it out to be.

duncan228
10-30-2009, 01:39 PM
I was hoping to see TIMVP's recap of last night's game, but I guess he's not doing it anymore.

He did Hornets game thoughts, I assume we'll see more as his schedule allows. His timeline in the past has usually been anytime before the next game tips.

Hornets here:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137932

weebo
10-30-2009, 01:45 PM
My bad, I thought you were being a bit sarcastic. In a nutshell, the Spurs got worked on the boards but shot well in the first half. In the second half, they shot themselves right out of the game.

If they rebounded well or even shot the ball around 40% in the second half, its a W. It isn't nearly as bad as most are making it out to be.

Thanks. From your perspective, how did the new Spurs look? Looking at the boxscores it seem only Duncan came to play.

Agloco
10-30-2009, 01:52 PM
Thanks. From your perspective, how did the new Spurs look? Looking at the boxscores it seem only Duncan came to play.

That's pretty accurate. Its obvious that they were a step behind the entire game. If some of the shots had fallen, it would have been much more competitive. Bright spot was Timmy, he looked like MVP Timmy and I was glad to see it.

People are falling all over themselves around here, but it wasn't all that bad really. Bad shooting happens from time to time, esp on a BTB. Time is the key for the Spurs They have a lot of new parts to integrate. Its gonna look really pretty sometimes, and really bad sometimes.

If they're playing like this after the All-Star break, then I'll get concerned. Until then, whatever.

lefty
10-30-2009, 01:57 PM
Very insightful

AFBlue
10-30-2009, 04:21 PM
That's pretty accurate. Its obvious that they were a step behind the entire game. If some of the shots had fallen, it would have been much more competitive. Bright spot was Timmy, he looked like MVP Timmy and I was glad to see it.

People are falling all over themselves around here, but it wasn't all that bad really. Bad shooting happens from time to time, esp on a BTB. Time is the key for the Spurs They have a lot of new parts to integrate. Its gonna look really pretty sometimes, and really bad sometimes.

If they're playing like this after the All-Star break, then I'll get concerned. Until then, whatever.

The poor shooting and lack of overall chemistry was not disconcerting because it's early in the season...players take a while to find their rhythm and new players are still trying to adjust to the system & other players.

What was disconcerting was the lack of "juice" and overall effort. This team was supposedly remade in the off season to add athleticism, youth and overall freshness. Where was it last night?

I think the answer is that it was on the bench or in street clothes. Pop didn't anticipate or adjust to the matchup by going to some of the fresher, more athletic options he had on his bench. As one example...big mistake to play Fin at the 2 and have him out there for 30 minutes.

Obviously it was just one loss and the lineup/rotation will flex throughout the early season until it settles...but last night's loss was as much on the coach (matchups) as it was on the players (poor shooting).

xtremesteven33
10-30-2009, 04:26 PM
Honestly the Spurs body language looked like they were defeated in the 1st quarter....

I saw they REALLY wanted to win in the 4th quarter when it was already too late...

all_heart
10-30-2009, 04:30 PM
Bulls played well, Spurs didn't.
Duncan silenced his critics :king
Rest of Spurs weren't hustling and couldn't knock down shots.
Only game 2.. no biggie :rolleyes

quentin_compson
10-30-2009, 04:31 PM
There will be games when the shots won't fall - annoying that this was true for all players last night, but still.

The rebounding, however, was just horrible. One thing I hope to see soon is Dice in the starting 5. Granted, he hasn't pulled down a lot of boards yet (in two games), but I guess we all agree that he is a better rebounder than Bonner.

On the other hand, there were a lot of long rebounds we didn't get, and that's where guys like Jefferson come in and have to do a better job.