PDA

View Full Version : 48MoH: George Hill Rising

Blackjack
10-30-2009, 03:07 PM
George Hill Rising
by Timothy Varner

When the Spurs traded for Richard Jefferson, Gregg Popovich began painting RJ in terms of the team’s new primary wing defender. The replacement Bowen. In time, Jefferson should prove a fine defender for the Spurs, but here is a takeaway from last night’s loss to the Bulls: George Hill is San Antonio’s most talented perimeter defender.

Keep reading → (http://www.48minutesofhell.com/2009/10/30/george-hill-rising/#more-5115)

iilluzioN
10-30-2009, 03:33 PM
George Hill seems to play better when he controls the game, instead of hearing what POP wants

Mel_13
10-30-2009, 03:36 PM
George Hill seems to play better when he controls the game, instead of hearing what POP wants

:wtf

iilluzioN
10-30-2009, 03:38 PM
:wtf

did you see last nights game?

in the final moments, he dominated

SamoanTD
10-30-2009, 03:38 PM
george look a lil slefish wen he has the ball

SamoanTD
10-30-2009, 03:39 PM

key word: moments:lol

Mel_13
10-30-2009, 03:40 PM

Are you suggesting that our second year backup PG should just freelance rather than carrying out the gameplan?

iilluzioN
10-30-2009, 03:43 PM
Are you suggesting that our second year backup PG should just freelance rather than carrying out the gameplan?

I think he should play with the flow...

it seems the second unit was lost at times... and nobody wanted to create there own shot...

Hill needs to attack the basket more and pop needs to let him be!

Mel_13
10-30-2009, 03:45 PM
I think he should play with the flow...

it seems the second unit was lost at times... and nobody wanted to create there own shot...

Hill needs to attack the basket more and pop needs to let him be!

Tony was an All-Star and had multiple rings before he got the keys to the car. I understand your POV, but you're setting yourself up for a fall.

iilluzioN
10-30-2009, 03:47 PM
Tony was an All-Star and had multiple rings before he got the keys to the car. I understand your POV, but you're setting yourself up for a fall.

I cant wait till Parker starts dominating games again :(

wildbill2u
10-30-2009, 04:16 PM
The Bulls were collapsing into the lane to guard against TP and we simply couldn't hit the perimeter shots when he was able to pass out to the shooters.

quentin_compson
10-30-2009, 04:25 PM
On offense, Hill was about as bad as the next person yesterday, but his defense once again was very decent.

bless1187
10-30-2009, 04:37 PM
i really think G. Hill will have more minutes to prove himself both at the PG and SG spot, and i get the feeling that R. Mason Jr would be in Pop's dog house soon.

mazerrackham
10-30-2009, 04:41 PM
I wonder if George Hill should be the starting shooting guard, and then stay on the floor with the second unit....

ElNono
10-30-2009, 04:49 PM
I want George to get more run... at the expense of Finley preferably...

I know, wishful thinking...

SenorSpur
10-30-2009, 05:10 PM
I wonder if George Hill should be the starting shooting guard, and then stay on the floor with the second unit....

I wouldn't go quite that far, but I'll say the fact that his shooting and ball handling have improved enough that Pop can now utilize both him and TP together more. Can't wait to see Hill lockup on Turtehead next month.

With Hill's menacing defensive skills, I'd like to see Hill, occasionally paired up with Hairston, in some spots, so that they can pester younger, quicker backcourt tandems.

SenorSpur
10-30-2009, 05:10 PM
I want George to get more run... at the expense of Finley preferably...

I know, wishful thinking...

I wish anyone would get more run at Finley's expense.

Muser
10-30-2009, 05:23 PM
Hairston should get some of Fin/Masons minutes, especially against weaker teams like the Kings on Saturday.

Blackjack
10-30-2009, 05:36 PM
Other than Tim and that gem he put together last night, Hill was the one other real bright spot to come from the game.

He had his ups and downs, on both ends, but the attitude and aggression he started to display towards the end of the third was a pleasant sight to see; he got downright ornery for a stretch there.

The defense is getting better and better, but he's still got some work to do in fighting over screens and making himself skinny -- figuratively -- to not get hung up while in pursuit.

I pretty much chartered the Chalmers bandwagon during his draft, but it seems I've been touting how good Hill was going to be ever since that poor SL performance; I wish I would have been more familiar with Hill prior to the actual draft. -- Seeing Chalmers now, almost makes me feel dirty.:lol --

I honestly believe, at a minimum, he'll be viewed like a Barbosa or Ellis in terms of quality of player. Hill, to me, though, excels at aspects of the game that will make him a player that's much more conducive to winning and success than the other two however; they might be more explosive offensive players when it's all said and done, might, but the difference between Hill's defense and Barbosa's and Monta's offense will be much greater.

The kid's a stud.

key wrd: momnts:lol

FIFY; Just wanted to help you maintain posting continuity.:toast

HarlemHeat37
10-30-2009, 05:38 PM
I wasn't impressed with Hill last night TBH..his defense was good, but that's going to be automatic for him most of the time anyways..

Blackjack
10-30-2009, 05:51 PM
If you just look at the performance on the surface, it was nothing to be impressed by. But the demeanor, attitude and, just, overall confidence was something that showed me a progression that's coming much quicker than most hoped.

It was more of an indicator of things to come that encouraged me.