PDA

View Full Version : For Fox Sake!

iggypop123
10-30-2009, 04:00 PM
Fox News defends itself against an attack by the Obama administration by explaining that most of their shows aren't real news.

cant embed so follow link. i thought stewart had been passed by colbert but looks like he is back to his level with this 11 min gem

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-october-29-2009/for-fox-sake-

Wild Cobra
10-30-2009, 04:10 PM
Fox News defends itself against an attack by the Obama administration by explaining that most of their shows aren't real news.

Well, I'm on a computer without speakers at the moment. Should have brought my headphones down from my room.

Anyway, my instinct simply tells me that Fox knows the difference between news and commentary. They just don't lie about it like the other networks do.

clambake
10-30-2009, 04:11 PM
so, you don't know.

spursncowboys
10-30-2009, 08:29 PM
Did Stewart call Obama or Dunn a war criminal like he called Truman.
:lol what the fox?" and bush was stallin.
What's funny is most teenagers say they get their news from this guy.

Shastafarian
10-30-2009, 08:36 PM
Did Stewart call Obama or Dunn a war criminal like he called Truman.Why would he call either of them War Criminals?

What's funny is most teenagers say they get their news from this guy.
You know a lot of teenagers who say they get their news from him?

spursncowboys
10-30-2009, 08:47 PM
Why would he call either of them War Criminals?

why would he call truman a war criminal?

You know a lot of teenagers who say they get their news from him?I'm the creepy guy in a firebird hanging out at the gas station with my high school jacket still on.

Shastafarian
10-30-2009, 08:58 PM
why would he call truman a war criminal?He did order the deaths of hundreds of thousands of civilians.

I'm the creepy guy in a firebird hanging out at the gas station with my high school jacket still on.

I don't doubt it. I'm just trying to quantify "most teenagers".

spursncowboys
10-30-2009, 09:30 PM
He did order the deaths of hundreds of thousands of civilians.

I don't doubt it. I'm just trying to quantify "most teenagers".

in doing so, he also saved the lives of millions.

Shastafarian
10-30-2009, 09:54 PM
in doing so, he also saved the lives of millions.

We'll never really know now will we? So how do you know "most" teenagers get their news from Jon Stewart?

SnakeBoy
10-30-2009, 10:21 PM
We'll never really know now will we?

Now that's a good example of stupidity.

Shastafarian
10-31-2009, 03:08 AM
Now that's a good example of stupidity.

Oh you can prove it saved millions of lives?

Wild Cobra
10-31-2009, 04:34 PM
Once I saw the video, I didn't see any reason to post it. There wasn't anything we didn't already know, or do you liberals really think some of this is news?

Duff McCartney
11-01-2009, 05:16 PM
Great piece that they did at the Daily Show. I don't get my news from Daily Show/Colbert Report...but I'm in the same boat as they are. I think politics is a joke..the democrats are a joke..and Republicans are an even bigger joke.

For a channel that calls itself Fox NEWS channel..it has very little news about it. It's mostly a bunch of conservative blow-hards spouting off nonsense or being cry babies..like Glenn Beck.

Wild Cobra
11-01-2009, 05:19 PM
For a channel that calls itself Fox NEWS channel..it has very little news about it. It's mostly a bunch of conservative blow-hards spouting off nonsense or being cry babies..like Glenn Beck.
Would you agree that CNN, MSNBC, etc. are mostly liberal blow-hards?

Duff McCartney
11-01-2009, 05:26 PM
Would you agree that CNN, MSNBC, etc. are mostly liberal blow-hards?

Yes. I don't watch MSNBC or CNN though. They have ridiculous stories.....Lou Dobbs is a dumbass. Olbermann and Maddow while they are liberal..I think they just spend too much time trying to bash the Republicans..which while noble and entertaining..is just a waste. If you're just gonna bash the other political side..don't call yourself a News channel.

That's what makes Daily Show/Colbert have more credibility. They certainly lean towards insulting lots of Republicans..but they also bash Democrats as well. At the very least they don't ever call themselves a news program...and it seems at some parts..they do more "journalism" than either Fox or MSNBC.

The only one from CNN that I respect is Anderson Cooper. Because he's a real journalist/reporter.

Wild Cobra
11-01-2009, 05:29 PM
The only one from CNN that I respect is Anderson Cooper. Because he's a real journalist/reporter.
LOL...

The 360 degree spin guy?

Are you joking?

Duff McCartney
11-01-2009, 05:52 PM
LOL...

The 360 degree spin guy?

Are you joking?

No I'm not joking. Like I said I respect the hell out of him. Before he was ever at CNN he did some hardcore journalism. Going to Rwanda during the genocide. He's been to Somalia and Bosnia...he goes to Iraq and Afghanistan. When have Glenn Beck, O'Reilly, Maddow, Olbermann, or any of those other talking heads ever stepped outside of their "news" room..except maybe when they move their sets to outside the Alamo or some bullshit.

Say what you want about him..and I know you just think he's a douche just because he's on CNN...but he is a journalist.

Wild Cobra
11-01-2009, 06:00 PM
No I'm not joking. Like I said I respect the hell out of him. Before he was ever at CNN he did some hardcore journalism. Going to Rwanda during the genocide. He's been to Somalia and Bosnia...he goes to Iraq and Afghanistan. When have Glenn Beck, O'Reilly, Maddow, Olbermann, or any of those other talking heads ever stepped outside of their "news" room..except maybe when they move their sets to outside the Alamo or some bullshit.

Say what you want about him..and I know you just think he's a douche just because he's on CNN...but he is a journalist.Well, I'll agree the others you mention are opinion commentators, but Cooper just doesn't meet my standard. I still consider him a talking head opinion commentaotor.

Ever listen to Lars Larson? Now he's a real journalist with a good investigative journalist background. Now Lars does use a conservative viewpoint, but he does remain completely factual, and has talked bad about republicans as well.

Duff McCartney
11-01-2009, 06:06 PM
Well, I'll agree the others you mention are opinion commentators, but Cooper just doesn't meet my standard. I still consider him a talking head opinion commentaotor.

Ever listen to Lars Larson? Now he's a real journalist with a good investigative journalist background. Now Lars does use a conservative viewpoint, but he does remain completely factual, and has talked bad about republicans as well.

I wouldn't consider him a talking head opinion but that's just me. I personally just listen to NPR for most if not all my news. When I want to hear what BS the republicans are spouting..I usually tune to the Daily Show/Colbert. Even NPR exposes Republicans as fools. Michael Steele was talking like a moron during an interview with Steve Inskeep on Morning Edition. It was laughable.

spursncowboys
11-01-2009, 07:42 PM
I wouldn't consider him a talking head opinion but that's just me. I personally just listen to NPR for most if not all my news. When I want to hear what BS the republicans are spouting..I usually tune to the Daily Show/Colbert. Even NPR exposes Republicans as fools. Michael Steele was talking like a moron during an interview with Steve Inskeep on Morning Edition. It was laughable.
I would have to say that NPR, with govt. money, is probably the most liberal news source out there, IMO. I hope you are joking about getting news from comedy central. DS and CR make news with the idea of punchlines. I agree about Steele. I think Newt would have been a way better leader of the RNC. I think they voted for Steele because he is black. There really is no other reason why they would vote in a maryland moderate like that. When the Dems lost the House, and Senate they didn't go moderate, they voted in the biggest liberal they could find-Dean.

Shastafarian
11-01-2009, 07:47 PM
I would have to say that NPR, with govt. money, is probably the most liberal news source out there, IMO.

Why would it being govt funded mean it's the most liberal news source?

spursncowboys
11-01-2009, 08:16 PM
Why would it being govt funded mean it's the most liberal news source?
Govt. funded meaning our tax dollars are going to it and it is pushing a particular social agenda.

Shastafarian
11-01-2009, 08:21 PM
Govt. funded meaning our tax dollars are going to it and it is pushing a particular social agenda.

That doesn't answer my question. Why would it being govt funded mean it has a liberal slant?

Duff McCartney
11-01-2009, 08:46 PM

As far as I know..NPR has a large majority of it's funding from listeners and the public (grants, donations, etc.) Only a small part of their money comes from the government.

Duff McCartney
11-01-2009, 08:48 PM
I would have to say that NPR, with govt. money, is probably the most liberal news source out there, IMO. I hope you are joking about getting news from comedy central. DS and CR make news with the idea of punchlines. I agree about Steele. I think Newt would have been a way better leader of the RNC. I think they voted for Steele because he is black. There really is no other reason why they would vote in a maryland moderate like that. When the Dems lost the House, and Senate they didn't go moderate, they voted in the biggest liberal they could find-Dean.

I never said I get my news from comedy central. I said when I want to hear what BS the republicans are spouting I turn to them. Most of the stories they air I hear them beforehand on NPR.

Yeah DS and CR might use them for punchlines, but they also point to the absurdity that many Republicans and Democrats say and do. They also satirize the blow hard opinion commentators ala Beck, O'Reilly, Olbermann and all that.

spursncowboys
11-01-2009, 10:25 PM
That doesn't answer my question. Why would it being govt funded mean it has a liberal slant?
I never said that. I'll reword it. It has a liberal slant. Very liberal slant. I don't know why it get's such a large lib slant, except because it is unsuccessful it would have to be liberal. haaaooohhh. :lol.

...Also it gets a large amount of it's funds from the govt.

Duff McCartney
11-02-2009, 12:04 AM
...Also it gets a large amount of it's funds from the govt.

No....it doesn't.

http://www.npr.org/about/privatesupport.html

NPR supports its operations through a combination of membership dues and programming fees from over 860 independent radio stations, sponsorship from private foundations and corporations, and revenue from the sales of transcripts, books, CDs, and merchandise. A very small percentage -- between one percent to two percent of NPR's annual budget -- comes from competitive grants sought by NPR from federally funded organizations, such as the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, National Science Foundation and the National Endowment for the Arts.