PDA

View Full Version : Would you still hate Bonner if..

AussieFanKurt
10-30-2009, 08:14 PM
He hit a game winning 3 in game 7 of the finals?
Would you reverse all your past hate of the red rocket?

Dex
10-30-2009, 08:18 PM

Would I still hate licorice if it didn't taste like crap?

Probably not, but that's never going to happen.

Stump
10-30-2009, 08:28 PM
I don't think he should be a starter, but I certainly don't hate him either.

TIMMYD!
10-30-2009, 08:31 PM
join the chat i'm talking shit to mavs fans

SpurNation
10-30-2009, 08:31 PM
I don't hate any player. Matter of fact...to get to that pinnacle of professionalism to even get a chance to play in the nba is amazing for any person.

But I don't think Bonner will be in that situation during his career. And not to think I don't think the Spurs won't make it to the finals more so than I think by the time that happens Bonner won't be in the situation to even try.

But who knows...if Bonner hits the winning shot in a 7 game series...what Spurs fan wouldn't embrace him for that moment?

quentin_compson
10-30-2009, 08:39 PM
I don't think he should be a starter, but I certainly don't hate him either.

:tu

Seriously, I don't get all the Bonner hate going on here (not aimed at the OP).
It's not Bonner's fault if he starts or plays big minutes (the same goes for Finley).

AND: There isn't that much you can blame Bonner for. He is what he is - and he isn't athletic or a good rebounder. But he always gives his all on the defensive end; he tries, and he tries hard - and he isn't that bad defensively.

Granted, it was disappointing that he disappeared into thin air offensively in last year's playoffs. But then again, he did as good a job as he could against Nowitzki on the defensive end.

That being said, I still hope Dice replaces Bonner rather sooner than later in the S5. :p:

Bruno
10-30-2009, 08:41 PM
whottt was right: Bonner is a choker.

AussieFanKurt
10-30-2009, 09:09 PM
I dont even hate the big fella. I'm interested in others opinions
Just because hes a choker sometimes doesnt mean theres a zero percent chance of a clutch shot happening

Mel_13
10-30-2009, 09:18 PM

This scenario begs for one more thread:

Could you forgive Pop if he had Bonner on the court for the deciding seconds of a Finals Game 7 even if Bonner hit a game-winning shot?

Sigz
10-30-2009, 09:19 PM
Yes I'd still hate him.

I'd hate him even more knowing that he's on the floor in the closing seconds of game 7 of the NBA finals.

iilluzioN
10-30-2009, 09:20 PM

we wont even get to the finals if Bonner/Findog starts.

spurtech09
10-30-2009, 09:40 PM
why would i hate a SA spur?no I won't hate bonner but he doesn't belong in the starting line up

urunobili
10-30-2009, 09:52 PM
nope...

Interrohater
10-30-2009, 10:02 PM
I'd buy him a damn sandwich. He's decent, but he's not good and far from great. I don't despise him, but I hope somebody steps up and outplays him.

arodz
10-30-2009, 11:09 PM

I don't know what part of that question is more retarted. The part where he hits a game winning 3 pointer in game 7 of the finals or the fact that he would even be on the floor to hit the shot.

intlspurshk
10-30-2009, 11:31 PM
Bonner admitted he is poor matchup for Lakers last season. Is it so difficult to get that he should not be the starter for this team?

I would rather have Cook instead.

completely deck
10-30-2009, 11:35 PM
I don't know what part of that question is more retarted. The part where he hits a game winning 3 pointer in game 7 of the finals or the fact that he would even be on the floor to hit the shot.

Sweet, great contribution, thanks :tu

Zero_Twilight
10-30-2009, 11:53 PM

I've never hated Matt Bonner, even when he was on the Raptors. The probability of him hitting a HUGE shot, in a HUGE game is HUGE. Why? Because defenders tend to leave him alone and underestimate him.

As a matter of fact. I'm sick of all the Finley and Bonner hate that goes on in this forum. People have a right to their own opinion but to me; posts on hate take up the majority of the front page. It's the only turn off about this forum, otherwise it's a great place with some insightful and humorous people. I love those "photoshop" threads for example.

Let me ask you "haters" something. The Spurs have been the smartest team in the league for the last decade. Weather it be scouting, management, coaching, personnel,all the way down to the production on the hardwood... What makes you "haters" think you know better than these professionals? Do you play basketball as a living? Do you coach basketball? Or is it just fun to mock people who can't get back at you over the internet? I dunno. I don't find the humor in it.

Bonner AND Finley are shooting machines. They create space on the floor for our goto guys. You can't leave these guys alone cuz they will knock it down. Bonner can shoot the lights out from the 3 point line and the Spurs know this, why else would he be here? He just needs to "let it fly" and he's progressed ALOT since he came to San An. The Spurs trust him to shoot and I trust him too. Finley has a veteran savvy that you can only possess through experience. Like Timmy, Finley holds it down and keeps the team in check.

So why the hate guys and gals?

Rant over.

slick'81
10-31-2009, 12:01 AM
bonner is what he is- an average player who has no buisness being our starting center but oh fckn well

narmerguy
10-31-2009, 12:09 AM
Bonner AND Finley are shooting machines. They create space on the floor for our goto guys. You can't leave these guys alone cuz they will knock it down. Bonner can shoot the lights out from the 3 point line and the Spurs know this, why else would he be here? He just needs to "let it fly" and he's progressed ALOT since he came to San An. The Spurs trust him to shoot and I trust him too. Finley has a veteran savvy that you can only possess through experience. Like Timmy, Finley holds it down and keeps the team in check.

So why the hate guys and gals?

Rant over.

I think others will agree with me when I say that if this were actually true, I would have no problem with either player. I don't hate but I'm realistic about what their roles on the team should be.