PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever filed a complaint/report against your job/work?

Jacob1983
10-31-2009, 12:48 AM
I'm just curious. Lately, I've been seeing a lot of stuff at my job that I feel I should report to someone. A few weeks ago, I could have had hit the jackpot at my work but it was fail. I was picking up a wooden pallet and the fuckin thing broke and fell on my foot. My foot was sore but not broken so I couldn't have sued my work. If my foot had been broken, I would have hit the jackpot. I went ahead and filed an incident report because I thought it was neccessary. I could tell that my work was worried that I was going to sue their asses. Is it really worth filing a complaint or report against your job or work? Does that ever actually work or should you just not care? And can you get fired for doing that even if you have a legitimate concern or complaint? My work is a fuckin joke if you ask me. They're always telling us that they want feedback and want to hear our concerns and questions. That's bullshit if you ask me. Jobs only tell you that because they're probably required to tell you that they want to hear your ideas, opinions, concerns, and questions when in reality, they could care less. I have tried to go with the "do enough to not get fired" approach but it's hard sometimes because there is some shit at my job that pisses me off.

TDMVPDPOY
10-31-2009, 01:22 AM
dude if they dont provide a safe environment for you to work in, then you should sue their asses if something happens to you in the line of work

phyzik
10-31-2009, 02:03 AM
As far as Workmans comp? no...

Let me tell you what I did though....

My previous job at Washington Mutual (before they where bought out by chase) Alot of the women where getting either raises or promotions.... much more-so than the males. Me and a few male co-workers talked about it in passing.... I wasnt willing to let it go.

To all you women who are preparing to judge, fuck off, this has nothing to do with sex, it was extremely obvious with the boss we had. The dude was a perve.

I called him out with HR and had a huge battle back and fourth for 4 months. It got to the point where I had 20+ guys wanting to do a class-action lawsuit. Wamu folded and gave us our raises as a plea bargain.

The problem was that the asshole was still manager and was pissed that I fucked up his pussy train.

It all worked out well, I ended up going back to Southwest Research doing what I love and make 2x as much money as he does so fuck him. :lol

Jacob1983
10-31-2009, 03:14 AM
My main gripes are safety, my schedule, and the workload. There are 4 power vehicles that are suppose to be plugged in every night before whoever is working the closing shift in my department. Guess what? There are only 3 cords so that means that only 3 vehicles get charged. And the cords that we have are very shitty. I'm always afraid to use the cords because the cords are torn and have a lot of wear and tear on them. I could get shocked. However, if I did get shocked, I would just sue their asses. Another funny thing is that I have told my immediate boss about this and the boss of the entire store about this yet they have failed to get any new cords for these vehicles. Sad but true. With my schedule, they have been fucking me over by scheduling me 5 nights a week. I didn't work a day shift for 2 months in a row. I told them that I couldn't do 5 nights a week anymore because it was exhausting me and it wasn't fair that I had to work the most nights. Earlier in the year, I was working about 3 nights and 2 day shifts which is what I prefer. My boss lets this one lady work in the day time from Monday thru Friday. She never works nights or the weekends. And I work in retail. The person that runs HR at my job said that lady shouldn't have been hired with an availability like that. There was this guy that had always got 2 weekends off a month and he was fuckin unreliable all the time. I covered his shifts numerous times over the weekend. He finally did me a favor and got the fuck out of my department.
I just didn't get it. Those people got their special requests on their schedules but I can't get mine. Fuckin ridiculous.
And the last thing is the workload. My department is very thin right now yet they work us like we are sweat shop workers. Sorry for bitching about this shit. I guess I just needed to vent.

katyon6th
10-31-2009, 10:28 AM
Weren't you the one posting a thread bitching about not getting a raise? Didn't you say you wanted to pick up more shifts and work nights because there's a pay differential? I love when people say they want to work but when they get the work, all they do is bitch and complain.

Bottom line, you live in a right to work state. Your boss can schedule you anytime they want for as many hours as they want.

As far as safety goes, if nothing is being done about the issues you're complaining about, go to a corporate level. If that doesn't work, which I'm sure it will, call OSHA.

exstatic
10-31-2009, 10:32 AM
My main gripes are safety, my schedule, and the workload. There are 4 power vehicles that are suppose to be plugged in every night before whoever is working the closing shift in my department. Guess what? There are only 3 cords so that means that only 3 vehicles get charged. And the cords that we have are very shitty. I'm always afraid to use the cords because the cords are torn and have a lot of wear and tear on them. I could get shocked. However, if I did get shocked, I would just sue their asses. Another funny thing is that I have told my immediate boss about this and the boss of the entire store about this yet they have failed to get any new cords for these vehicles. Sad but true. With my schedule, they have been fucking me over by scheduling me 5 nights a week. I didn't work a day shift for 2 months in a row. I told them that I couldn't do 5 nights a week anymore because it was exhausting me and it wasn't fair that I had to work the most nights. Earlier in the year, I was working about 3 nights and 2 day shifts which is what I prefer. My boss lets this one lady work in the day time from Monday thru Friday. She never works nights or the weekends. And I work in retail. The person that runs HR at my job said that lady shouldn't have been hired with an availability like that. There was this guy that had always got 2 weekends off a month and he was fuckin unreliable all the time. I covered his shifts numerous times over the weekend. He finally did me a favor and got the fuck out of my department.
I just didn't get it. Those people got their special requests on their schedules but I can't get mine. Fuckin ridiculous.
And the last thing is the workload. My department is very thin right now yet they work us like we are sweat shop workers. Sorry for bitching about this shit. I guess I just needed to vent.
In this economy? They probably have 30 applicants that would take your "shitty job" in a heartbeat.

leemajors
10-31-2009, 11:05 AM
Osha

Big P
10-31-2009, 11:06 AM
You work for Walmart Dist.?

thispego
10-31-2009, 11:24 AM
My work is a fuckin joke if you ask me. They're always telling us that they want feedback and want to hear our concerns and questions. That's bullshit if you ask me.

pawe
10-31-2009, 11:35 AM
Whiners, you give them a job and they still find a way to stink it up. This is probably the reason why some companies hire illegals because they dont complain (yes its against the law, exploitation, bad for Americans, etc).
Quit if you hate your job that much or if you think your health and safety is compromised.

CosmicCowboy
10-31-2009, 12:44 PM
A few weeks ago, I could have had hit the jackpot at my work but it was fail. I was picking up a wooden pallet and the fuckin thing broke and fell on my foot. My foot was sore but not broken so I couldn't have sued my work. If my foot had been broken, I would have hit the jackpot.

That's pure comedy gold there. If you don't believe me just take something like that to an attorney and watch them laugh their ass off. The only ones that hit the jackpot on something like that are the so called therapists that workers comp will send you to.

Strike
10-31-2009, 12:49 PM
I have no illusions about my job. It's a blue collar, shit job. But, it's a union job with decent pay, good benefits and some semblance of security. With as many people as I know that have been laid off, lost their homes, etc. in this economy, I'm lucky to have a job I don't have to worry about losing.

I've had issues with conditions, scheduling, etc. from time to time, but nothing so bad that I've considered filing a complaint/report. I would if I felt it was necessary, though.

Jacob1983
10-31-2009, 01:42 PM
When did it become a crime to have legitimate complaints about your job?

I wasn't saying anything about the hours. I was saying that the workload is too much for the amount of people in my department. We are always playing catch up in my department because of the workload. If the workload was just a little lighter, we would be able to get everything done in my department and everything would be neat and organized. If we had more people in the fuckin department then the workload would be normal and I wouldn't be bitching. My work needs to stop being cheap asses and hire more people.

exstatic
10-31-2009, 02:05 PM
When did it become a crime to have legitimate complaints about your job?

I wasn't saying anything about the hours. I was saying that the workload is too much for the amount of people in my department. We are always playing catch up in my department because of the workload. If the workload was just a little lighter, we would be able to get everything done in my department and everything would be neat and organized. If we had more people in the fuckin department then the workload would be normal and I wouldn't be bitching. My work needs to stop being cheap asses and hire more people.

You're pretty ignorant about the current state of the economy, aren't you?

Almost no one is hiring, and most people with jobs are glad to have them. Last December, my company eliminated all empty positions, froze pay, and eliminated the 401k match. I expect 2010 to be the third consecutive year at the same pay rate. It doesn't make me happy, but it is what it is.

Everyone is getting accustomed to doing more with less. You really need to do the same. They're not going to hire to fill your department. What you have is what you WILL have for the forseeable future.

Strike
10-31-2009, 03:45 PM

Almost no one is hiring, and most people with jobs are glad to have them. Last December, my company eliminated all empty positions, froze pay, and eliminated the 401k match. I expect 2010 to be the third consecutive year at the same pay rate. It doesn't make me happy, but it is what it is.

Everyone is getting accustomed to doing more with less. You really need to do the same. They're not going to hire to fill your department. What you have is what you WILL have for the forseeable future.

Exactly. January of this year, about 20% of the staff in my department was laid off. My crew of 4 (including myself) was reduced to 3 to cut payroll costs. Getting our work done on time was nearly impossible for a short while. But we adjusted, figured out ways to manage time better and use that time more efficiently. As it sits now, business is up from last year and my crew and I are doing just fine with 3 people. The thought of another person being hired and added to my crew is far from my mind. Like my sig says: Work first, work hard. Don't be a pussy.

katyon6th
10-31-2009, 05:33 PM

Word. This kid just doesn't get it. Sadly, I think we're the same age.

Wild Cobra
10-31-2009, 05:47 PM
Osha

Yep, I was going to say the same thing. Type an anonomous complaint to OSHA with enough details of problems, but not enough for it to point at you.

Wild Cobra
10-31-2009, 05:51 PM

This is kind of a laughable thread, isn't it.

I read the stuff I do, and think this guy is a thorn in managements side, so they give him the shit jobs and shift hoping he will leave.

Wild Cobra
10-31-2009, 05:54 PM
Word. This kid just doesn't get it. Sadly, I think we're the same age.

Well, if 1983 is his birth year, then I am so sadened that we have someone already past 1/4 century old with such lacking wisdom.

Wild Cobra
10-31-2009, 07:30 PM
at least he has a job

Yep, he should be thankful, and if he wants a better job, improve his own marketability.

Jacob1983
11-01-2009, 12:25 AM
Improbe?

I did some thinking and I'm just gonna forget about the whole thing. I shouldn't worry about stupid shit that I can't control or change. I just need to find a better job that pays more and has better benefits. I'm glad I have a job right now but I would be happy if I had a job that paid more, had better benefits, and gave me purpose and satisfaction.

I know what OSHA is. I probably won't contact them because I'm gonna go the "I don't give a fuck anymore" approach at my job. I'm just gonna show up to work, do the job, and get paid. Right now, I'm a minion at my current job. Complaining and bitching about it is just going to make it worse. I have accepted the fact that I'm a mere meaningless minion at my work.

Duff McCartney
11-01-2009, 05:22 PM
Well, if 1983 is his birth year, then I am so sadened that we have someone already past 1/4 century old with such lacking wisdom.

Why are you saddened? There's plenty of people that are 3/4 of a century old and still have shit for brains.

bigzak25
11-01-2009, 10:21 PM
i don't think he has shit for brains...he's just bitching about his job.

people do it all the time...i think it's only a select few that go to work on monday's whisltling zippidy do da out their asses...

Jacob1983
11-02-2009, 02:26 AM
Do any of you actually like your job?

AussieFanKurt
11-02-2009, 06:39 AM
i had complaint against me for swearing

Extra Stout
11-02-2009, 07:25 AM
Why are you saddened? There's plenty of people that are 3/4 of a century old and still have shit for brains.

You're 75?

Extra Stout
11-02-2009, 07:30 AM
When did it become a crime to to expect employees to do their jobs?

I wasn't saying anything about the hours. I was saying that my department is not very efficient or productive, especially when I am there. We are always playing catch up in my department because I spend more time complaining than working and ruin everyone's attitude. If the workload was just a little lighter, I would still be bitching and moaning. If we had more people in the department then there would be more people for me to bitch to. My work needs to wise up and get rid of me because I am a cancer.

angel_luv
11-02-2009, 01:42 PM
Just today I applied for a new job- one that pays 4 dollars more than I am making at my current daytime job. The job I am applying for will likely be more challenging than the job I have now, a situation I would welcome.
Here's praying I get it.

But regardless, I know how blessed I am to have my current job- even though I am ready to move on to bigger and better things.

I do love my job at the Spurs arena- my second job.

katyon6th
11-02-2009, 01:43 PM

Aside from sometimes having to deal with people like yourself, I love my job.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
11-02-2009, 01:57 PM
I would have already fired you.

Nothing worse than an employee looking to strike it rich from anything other than actually working.

And I would have laughed at you when you dropped that pallet on your foot.

Repeatedly.

Jacob1983
11-03-2009, 01:06 AM
I never dropped a pallet on my foot. If you look at the instant replay, you can clearly see that the pallet broke and fell on my foot. I was not at a fault for the pallet breaking. Besides, how am I suppose to know if a pallet is going to break?

Strike
11-03-2009, 01:54 AM
My job is a pain in the balls sometimes but, overall, I like my gig.

i had complaint against me for swearing

A manager in a different department at my job has complained about people in my department using profanity on the graveyard shift. Fuckin' douche.

baseline bum
11-03-2009, 04:10 AM

Everyone has complaints about his job from time to time, but overall the only job I ever had that I didn't like was one working for a video game company whose organization was so chaotic that there was a project to work on maybe 20% of the time. It was maddeningly boring, and my boss was really lazy (he should have been hammering his superiors for work, but maybe they were lazy too). Overall, I felt like I was stealing money from them, so I got the hell out of there for a better job at a much better organized rival company once nothing changed for a couple of months. This was years back though, so even though this company has deep pockets, I can't imagine it would fly in our current economic climate.

I know it sounds crazy, but one of my favorite jobs I ever had was flipping burgers and working the grill back in college. The pay was shit and the hours weren't good, but it was a fun place to socialize and getting compliments from other students on my cooking was cool.

It's fine to be disappointed that you're not advancing at your work, but dwelling on it is just going to make your day (and everyone else's) seem a lot longer. I'm not saying to kill yourself with effort for a company that doesn't provide good opportunities for your future, but you're going to give yourself a heart attack with all the stress you're exhibiting here.

Wild Cobra
11-03-2009, 07:47 AM

I like mine, but I would like a job that paid better and was more challenging. Thing is, I sacrifised that for job security. Now, I work on relatively simple automation equipment doing preventative maintenance and repairs when it breaks down.

The best job I ever had was from 1994 to 1998. I was an engineering technician for a small company that did rapid research and development. I would do final assembly and testin of outgoing new equipment, develope and write procedures for the alignments and repairs, and fix and document engineering mistakes. The photo for my avatar is a second generation piece we developed in 1996, showed at the 1997 Semicon in SF. At the time we sold them for $3 million each, and I was the tool owner in final test of half the first ones out the door.

Wild Cobra
11-03-2009, 07:50 AM
I never dropped a pallet on my foot. If you look at the instant replay, you can clearly see that the pallet broke and fell on my foot. I was not at a fault for the pallet breaking. Besides, how am I suppose to know if a pallet is going to break?
I would suggest that someone should have told you that wood pallets often break. Even if not, I think that most people know that it can happen.

Didn't any one teach you basic safety, not having body parts under anything not securly fixed?

Mel_13
11-03-2009, 08:26 AM
I have tried to go with the "do enough to not get fired" approach but it's hard sometimes because there is some shit at my job that pisses me off.

You're a 26 year old college grad working at Target. Your work life is going to suck until you get a better job. Complaining about work conditions and raises is only going to make it worse. Even if you are the best warehouse worker that Target has ever had, you still need them more than they need you. That is your reality as long as you stay there.

Jacob1983
11-03-2009, 04:19 PM
I applied to 5 places last night online and applied to another 5 today. I just thought it was a joke that I got bitched at for asking for a simple schedule change on the schedule. It's like I was Osama Bin Laden or something.

katyon6th
11-03-2009, 04:22 PM
A schedule change is never simple.

Good luck on your job search.