PDA

View Full Version : NON Laker fans - bynum a blackhole?

milkshakeballa
10-31-2009, 01:04 AM
hoyl fuck everytime he touches it that shit is going up....agreed or no?

ElNono
10-31-2009, 01:06 AM
He's a 3 seconds in the lane machine on offense. It was actually insulting they didn't call him for it at least once. And I think he wants to prove he can fit in Gasol's shoes, but I don't think he can.
He's a valuable big, but I don't think he's as polished offensively as the best bigs out there.

hater
10-31-2009, 01:08 AM
Oden > Bynum

Trainwreck2100
10-31-2009, 01:08 AM
He's a 3 seconds in the lane machine on offense. It was actually insulting they didn't call him for it at least once. And I think he wants to prove he can fit in Gasol's shoes, but I don't think he can.
He's a valuable big, but I don't think he's as polished offensively as the best bigs out there.

they called it once

TheMACHINE
10-31-2009, 01:10 AM
i dont really mind if he shoots..but damn alot of them short hooks wernt going in. its like..ur fucking 2 feet fromt the rim damnit!

Ginobilly
10-31-2009, 01:10 AM

Scoring wise, yes, but he will never have Pau's playmaking abilities or superior passing. Gasol looks like a 7ft jason kidd at times.

picc84
10-31-2009, 01:15 AM
Of course he's a fucking black hole. He's deadset on being an allstar and unfortunately he thinks the only way to do it is score EVERY TIME HE GETS THE BALL IN HIS HANDS. This motherfucker wont pass for shit. He's way better than Oden on offense, dont get me wrong, but there's a big difference between that and thinking you're Hakeem Olajuwon.

Allanon
10-31-2009, 01:17 AM
Yeah, Bynum ...yada yada...

So where's the quote Pau fan?

Don't forget to come back to the pwnage thread --->
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138119&page=2

:lmao

xellos88330
10-31-2009, 01:22 AM
He had a great opening game due to fast break opportunites and excellent assists from his teammates. When he went 1 on 1 he wasn't very impressive.

This game he looked like a black hole because he wanted more points and wasn't getting the easy buckets he is used to off of assists.

I think he is influenced by the media saying he will be one of the greats, so he tries to perform like one. It isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it is whenever you haven't developed a 1 on 1 presence.

Defensively, I think he is average. Offensively, he needs a lot more work with Kareem.

HarlemHeat37
10-31-2009, 01:23 AM
He isn't a good or willing passer, but he has a very nice offensive repertoire..great touch around the basket, great finisher..he's a pretty good rebounder too..his defense doesn't impress me at all though, and I see a lot of people feel the same way as me, since it looks like he's been criticized for it a lot..he doesn't seem to have a defensive mentality at all..

milkshakeballa
10-31-2009, 01:30 AM
If he had Dwight Howards mindset it would do wonders for his career IMO. well will see. i do have a lot of confidence in him still and think he is a future franchise player

picc84
10-31-2009, 01:33 AM
Bynum's problem is all mental. Back at the beginning of the 08 season, he was a monster on defense. I mean DPOY candidate monster, while still doing his thing on offense. But THEN, everybody started drinking his milkshake and talking like he was the best thing since sliced bread, and all of a sudden he thought he was Olajuwon.

Then he got his big contract and decided he wanted to be an allstar and wa-fuckin-la, all of his focus has shifted to offense and the defensive mindset he had that year is puff poof gone. I dont know how its possible for a guy to get worse fundamentally as he grows as a player, but he's done it. I'd take 08 Bynum over this guy any day.

xellos88330
10-31-2009, 01:38 AM
Bynum's problem is all mental. Back at the beginning of the 08 season, he was a monster on defense. I mean DPOY candidate monster, while still doing his thing on offense. But THEN, everybody started drinking his milkshake and talking like he was the best thing since sliced bread, and all of a sudden he thought he was Olajuwon.

Then he got his big contract and decided he wanted to be an allstar and wa-fuckin-la, all of his focus has shifted to offense and the defensive mindset he had that year is puff poof gone. I dont know how its possible for a guy to get worse fundamentally as he grows as a player, but he's done it. I'd take 08 Bynum over this guy any day.

Pretty much exactly what I was thinking too.

Someone needs to tell him that it is possible to be an All-Star just on pure defense. I mean hell.. Ben Wallace made it.

milkshakeballa
10-31-2009, 01:41 AM

agreed...good post brah

carrao45
10-31-2009, 02:26 AM
I have yet to see him pass back out after he gets it in the post...since he was drafted

stretch
10-31-2009, 02:31 AM
bynum has some serious BBIQ problems

he gets confused as fuck on defense when he starts seeing motion and cutting

lennyalderette
10-31-2009, 03:26 AM
all hate aside i think bynum could be amazing, but seems like people close to him are telling him he needs to score more or something? just like u guys mentioned b4, something changed his motivation on defense and u kinda get the vibe he's upset on the bench

boston.balla
10-31-2009, 08:25 AM
yo all you people get lost in this talent talk. Bynum doesn't have the drive to be great like kobe has. I don't care if kareem told him to go flush the toilet after him, bynum should have kissed his old black ass and say yes sir proud to kiss it may you teach me some post moves.

Bynum is the type of player who shines against weak opponents and is overrun by better opposition. Because he is a lazy egotical proud prick he can never use his entire talent and reach what he may become. Plus he still fouls like crazy. Kid should learn some common sense first if he wants to be good, if he wants numbers i doubt he'll get them with his attitude at a club with kobe and pau.

21_Blessings
10-31-2009, 08:39 AM
I have yet to see him pass back out after he gets it in the post...since he was drafted

Try watching more Lakers game then.

Milkshake proving once again he has no idea what blackhole even means.

Spursmania
10-31-2009, 10:20 AM
If he had Dwight Howards mindset it would do wonders for his career IMO. well will see. i do have a lot of confidence in him still and think he is a future franchise player

I just don't agree that he is a franchise player.

IronMexican
10-31-2009, 10:23 AM
Kobe was 6-19 and Bynum was 6-13.

21_Blessings
10-31-2009, 01:38 PM

Throw in Farmar's 2-8, Fish's 2-9, Artest 1-6...the entire team played like dookie. It was apparent in the 1st quarter when 4 layups rimmed out that it was going to be one of those nights.

Spursfan092120
10-31-2009, 01:41 PM
and think he is a future franchise player
I wouldn't go that far..he could be an all star one day, but franchise player? Michael Jordan was a franchise player..Kobe is a franchise player..Tim Duncan is a franchise player...I don't see Bynum reaching that level. He has a lot of raw talent, but his head's just not into it enough to reach that elite level..and that's ok...he'll still be a good player for you guys.

milkshakeballa
10-31-2009, 01:47 PM
Try watching more Lakers game then.

Milkshake proving once again he has no idea what blackhole even means.

sigh :lol

Do you agree that everytime he was passed the ball....he put up a shot?

milkshakeballa
10-31-2009, 01:48 PM

whats your point? everytime bynum touched it he put that shit up ASAP

milkshakeballa
10-31-2009, 01:50 PM
I wouldn't go that far..he could be an all star one day, but franchise player? Michael Jordan was a franchise player..Kobe is a franchise player..Tim Duncan is a franchise player...I don't see Bynum reaching that level. He has a lot of raw talent, but his head's just not into it enough to reach that elite level..and that's ok...he'll still be a good player for you guys.

Woah! You just named 3 of the top 7 or 8 players to ever play....of course I will agree with you in that sense. Dwight Howard is a franchise player...Chris Paul...DWill...Bosh...Possibly Jefferson...

I think he can get to that level where you can build a team around him.

21_Blessings
10-31-2009, 02:32 PM
Do you agree that everytime he was passed the ball....he put up a shot?

He made almost half his shots and missed 3 easy ones. I have no problem with those kind of shots.

How could you seriously call Bynum a black hole when Fisher is pulling up in transition and launching 20 foot contested jump shots?

milkshakeballa
10-31-2009, 02:44 PM
He made almost half his shots and missed 3 easy ones. I have no problem with those kind of shots.

How could you seriously call Bynum a black hole when Fisher is pulling up in transition and launching 20 foot contested jump shots?

I didn't ask for his fukin shooting percentage. He almost shot 50% and missed some he should have made. I UNDERSTAND THAT. He didn't even play that poorly yesterday. He was active.

My fukin question to you:

EVERYTIME DREW GOT THE BALL IN THE POST....WHAT HAPPENED?!?!?

21_Blessings
10-31-2009, 02:46 PM
How does that make him a black hole? Exactly, it doesn't.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
10-31-2009, 02:54 PM
MilkShake.....I think there's being a blackhole.....and being a young big man on a team full of perimeter players who were chucking way too much last night without working the ball inside. When you're a 21 year old trying to rebuild your confidence and grow as a post player.....you're gonna think twice about passing it back out just so the guy you pass it to can throw up a brick that had a low percentage chance at going in.

But even last night, he wasn't ball hogging very much, if at all. He wasn't being double teamed in the post, it was just him vs. Dampier, and it was obvious last night that that matchup was their biggest advantage. If Kobe is having a bad night and Gasol is injured, Bynum should become more of a scorer and look to create for himself more than usual. Other than Shannon Brown (I don't count Powell since his shots came in garbage time), no one on LA shot better than Bynum last night. If anything he didn't shoot enough.

Bynum is the only player on the Lakers who I'm really a fan of (maybe Shannon Brown too, but Bynum's playboy mansion incident made him my hero), and his offense wasn't the problem for LA last night. If he's gonna take the next step as a complete player, his active feet, communication and consistent intensity on defense need to get better so Phil will feel comfortable giving him crunch time minutes, and last night was evidence of that. Granted he's no Al Jefferson or Amare Stoudemire, his D needs improvement.