PDA

View Full Version : The Fire Pop! thread for 2009-2010 Season

wildbill2u
10-31-2009, 10:44 AM
I figured from reading all the nasty comments on Pop's coaching so far this year that this will be a very popular thread and we should get it started now. :wakeup

Perhaps this will take the place of all the many different threads with the same theme that would otherwise surely be posted during the long season ahead.

Nathan Explosion
10-31-2009, 12:06 PM
We can also start the "Tank the 09-10 Season" thread.

benefactor
10-31-2009, 12:15 PM
We need to go ahead and set an over/under for Fabbs posts in this thread too.

completely deck
10-31-2009, 12:51 PM
no we really dont need this thread because the idea is idiotic.

honestfool84
10-31-2009, 12:53 PM

you'd be surprised how many fans ask for it.

Bukefal
10-31-2009, 01:13 PM
Oh jesus, What's wrong with you? This is really idiotic as Completely Deck said.

duncan228
10-31-2009, 01:19 PM
ST gets at least a dozen 'Fire Pop, Trade Tim' threads every season. Maybe more.

Mel_13
10-31-2009, 01:28 PM
ST gets at least a dozen 'Fire Pop, Trade Tim' threads every season. Maybe more.

I hesitate to say anything since you probably have a dozen links ready to go.:lol

I remember many, many Fire Pop and Trade Manu threads over the last 3-4 years. Many of them went on for days and hundreds of posts, but was there ever a Trade Tim thread that wasn't immediately smacked down as ridiculous? Hard to believe anyone taking that position might still be around.

duncan228
10-31-2009, 01:32 PM
I hesitate to say anything since you probably have a dozen links ready to go.:lol

:lol I didn't check.

You're right, the 'Trade Tim' threads don't go over well but a few pop up now and then.

exstatic
10-31-2009, 01:34 PM

I was thinking a dozen a month.

Hopefully, the mods will pin this, and merge all newly started threads on this topic into this one, much like the Oden thread that existed in the NBA forum last year.

Mel_13
10-31-2009, 01:38 PM
I was thinking a dozen a month.

Hopefully, the mods will pin this, and merge all newly started threads on this topic into this one, much like the Oden thread that existed in the NBA forum last year.

Great idea

JustinJDW
10-31-2009, 01:57 PM
no we really dont need this thread because the idea is idiotic.+1.

symple19
10-31-2009, 02:28 PM
I think they should fire R.C. and Pop. Then trade Duncan, Gino, TP, and RJ. Finally, move the team to St. Louis and re-name it the Arches. :downspin:

Kool Bob Love
10-31-2009, 02:51 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/54/facepalm_statue.jpg

EmptyMan
10-31-2009, 05:06 PM
We probably could trade Pop for a decent big man?

easy7
10-31-2009, 05:28 PM
Fire him out of a cannon and into the sun... :lmao

spursfan1000
10-31-2009, 05:34 PM
For all of the stupid fans that say fire pop, who would be a better coach than POP in our system?

m33p0
10-31-2009, 05:56 PM
now i know the season has started. only thing missing is the Pops-Mensa Jordan thread.

Whisky Dog
10-31-2009, 06:19 PM

In theory it's a good thread if it would concentrate all the fire pop people in one place. But it's futile because everybody like to write their own headline.

lennyalderette
10-31-2009, 06:58 PM
maybe we should clone pop, and raise the clone child in a military basketball environement all day everyday. so we at least have some sort of backup. we can also extract his man crush on finley from his dna.

WildcardManu
10-31-2009, 08:51 PM
For all of the stupid fans that say fire pop, who would be a better coach than POP in our system?

Exactly. +1000000

DAF86
10-31-2009, 09:01 PM
Pop's rotations drive me insane.

wildbill2u
11-20-2009, 08:49 AM
Well, I guess it's time to bring this thread back to the front page for the use of all the blithering idiots. I can hear a dry scaly rustling as they shed their dead skins of optimism and good feelings about the team.

Rappin' Pop
11-20-2009, 09:07 AM
Fuck all of you douches who want to fire me,
Just because I am not as white as David Lee.
Who can coach the Spurs better than a wine drinker?
Of course not Spurstalkers cause they are not even a quarter of a thinker.
You bitches really need to know who is the man,
Otherwise your meltdown posts are going to get you a ban.
Start a stupid thread like this and you will get pinked.
And Sigz's stupid eyes might think Becky Hammon just winked.

Oh ya, Spurstalkers, how does my ass taste?

SA210
11-20-2009, 02:03 PM
TRADE POP for the OLD POP!

DesignatedT
11-20-2009, 02:04 PM
your an idiot. if were 500 going into all star break then you might have a legitimate case. MIGHT

Chomag
11-20-2009, 02:06 PM
your an idiot. if were 500 going into all star break then you might have a legitimate case. MIGHT

Well if we dig this hole much deeper we are going to have to win alot of games without any margin of error there on out.

Death In June
11-20-2009, 06:04 PM
I'm not in the fire pop camp, but I don't get why so many people are quick to verbally suck him off. He's been a below average coach the last two years.

HarlemHeat37
11-20-2009, 06:17 PM
What exactly was Pop supposed to do last year?..we didn't have much depth or many options..he didn't fuck Tim's knees up or injure Manu..

The only knock I have with the guy is playing Mason and Finley over Bogans and Hairston..his love affair with Finley is hurting his judgment, which is something that will usually happen when you're in love..it makes you do crazy things..

portnoy1
11-20-2009, 06:23 PM
Pop as good as he is hasnt been completely himself ever since the 2006 Dallas series. Many say Manu is a shell of his former self. I'd have to say the same for Pop. His philisophy for defense has changed. His lineups are suited to be more offensively capable to match up instead of Defensively dominant. He reacts more to the other team instead of the other team reacting to him. Once again, when did he start reacting? 2006 semi's. Ok so we couldnt beat dallas in 06'. Trying to figure out how to beat dallas, while the rest of the league's contenders (boston/La/cleveland/orlando) would woop us in a heartbeat makes no sense. Thats like the Mavs gearing up to beat GS in 08'. Why? GS wasnt going anywhere anytime soon. In 07' it was just a bad matchup/ Sure you make adjustments, but you dont try to get players to beat just them. In 09' once again. We needed a solid 7footer standing next to Tim to defend the paint. But in the that series Josh Howard lit us up. So instead of getting a shotblocker we get RJ and pay him $14million to match up with Josh Howard and other SF in the league which was not really a problem for us anyway. The whole Shotblocking Center bit was a need we had throughtout the sesaon. The other SF in the league never really worried us. And that includes MELO/LEBRON/PIERCE.

ajh18
11-20-2009, 06:35 PM
I don't get why people are all of a sudden saying that Pop is adjusting to other teams' styles, and that this is somehow different than normal. I have never been a fan of this particular aspect of his coaching style, but as far back as 2005 he was describing our team as a chameleon. Remember the 2005 Suns' series? We scored over 100 points every single game, and were praised in the media for beating the suns at their own game. Then, we adjusted to the hard-nosed style of the Pistons in the final. Even back then we were adjusting our teams' style to match up, rather than the other way around. I never loved that trend, but it WORKED, and got us at least the last two titles.

portnoy1
11-20-2009, 06:43 PM
I don't get why people are all of a sudden saying that Pop is adjusting to other teams' styles, and that this is somehow different than normal. I have never been a fan of this particular aspect of his coaching style, but as far back as 2005 he was describing our team as a chameleon. Remember the 2005 Suns' series? We scored over 100 points every single game, and were praised in the media for beating the suns at their own game. Then, we adjusted to the hard-nosed style of the Pistons in the final. Even back then we were adjusting our teams' style to match up, rather than the other way around. I never loved that trend, but it WORKED, and got us at least the last two titles.
Thats true in a way. However our Defensive philiosophy never changed. In 05' we ran with the Suns for 3 1/2 qtrs. And the last 6minutes we played lockdown D. Pistons ball is similiar to our style. Grind it out.