PDA

View Full Version : Don't bring a fake ID to a grown man's party!

Chico
11-01-2009, 01:11 PM
Haha..Anyone hear this line from Sean after Ratliff's block in last night's win?

Leetonidas
11-01-2009, 01:40 PM
Yeah, classic Elliott man. That shit made me lol.

duncan228
11-01-2009, 01:43 PM
It was nice to have Spurs call on LP last night. I hope we get it more this season, last year we rarely got it.

tp2021
11-01-2009, 01:43 PM
My favorite Seanisms are "taken behind the woodshed" and "put him in his torture chamber."

My least favorite is "I guarantee the Spurs will win this game" :lol

HarlemHeat37
11-01-2009, 01:47 PM
LOL Elliott's the best..I'd love to see Bowen announcing with him as a 3rd analyst..

Shastafarian
11-01-2009, 01:48 PM
I enjoyed, "Hawes is trying to go top shelf but it's locked!"

Leetonidas
11-01-2009, 01:53 PM
Take that back to kitchen, it's not done!

z0sa
11-01-2009, 01:57 PM
sadly, andrew monaco just lacks any kind of "juice" so to speak. He keeps you updated on the stats and the like pretty well, but lacks any refreshing insight or sort of 'conversation starters' for Sean. It felt like Sean was on an island with a lot of his comments, just stating his own personal observations etc. Maybe that was planned, who knows.

Leetonidas
11-01-2009, 02:05 PM
What happened to Bill Land?

exstatic
11-01-2009, 02:07 PM
LOL Elliott's the best..I'd love to see Bowen announcing with him as a 3rd analyst..

Sean doesn't do all of the games. The Spurs do a local 'cast of everything except the TNT games. Let's call it high 70s. Sean does maybe somewhere between 50 and 60. I'd like to see Bruce as the backup color guy.

Fdawg07
11-01-2009, 03:39 PM
what happened to bill land?

"woah mama!!!!!!!!!!!!"

spursncowboys
11-01-2009, 04:30 PM
"he was standing there with his bus pass" is my fav line.

Interrohater
11-01-2009, 06:43 PM
when dejuan made the steal and layup:

"he didn't have to ring anybody's doorbell to get some candy!"

SamoanTD
11-01-2009, 07:10 PM
My least favorite is "I guarantee the Spurs will win this game" :lol

LMAO!!!!!:lmao

EricB
11-01-2009, 07:50 PM
What happened to Bill Land?

He does BIG 12 football games for Fox Sports so I assume he was off doing one. Maybe the UT game, I dunno.

Manufan909
11-02-2009, 03:17 AM
I enjoyed, "Hawes is trying to go top shelf but it's locked!"

Owned!!! And WTF did none of the blocks make the highlights? They sounded awesome from the game blog.:(

Crookshanks
11-02-2009, 12:47 PM
It was nice to have Spurs call on LP last night. I hope we get it more this season, last year we rarely got it.

I was looking at the game schedule on League Pass and they had two listings for each game - one for home and one for away. I'm wondering if they're now going to offer both teams' feed so you can always listen to your home team. That would be really cool - because, in the past, they so very rarely used the Spurs feed.

timvp
11-02-2009, 01:18 PM
Personally, I'm hoping for Brent Barry as Elliott's backup. Bowen doesn't strike me as a guy who will be good at play-by-play. He uses too many cliches and wouldn't say anything too over the line because he knows the Spurs wouldn't like it.

Barry, on the other hand, has a quick wit and I don't think he cares at all what Pop or the Spurs think. We'd probably get great stories out of him during broadcasts.

Dan Hughes is decent. As long as they don't bring back Lance Blanks, I'm good :lol

phyzik
11-02-2009, 01:31 PM
back in 2005 there was a thread called Seanisms, here are some of the better ones from back then:

Sean was on fire tonight!

Commenting on all the open looks Rasho was getting, Sean said "He's going to have to push himself back from the table, because he's getting all he can eat....He hasn't seen this many shots since his 21st birthday!"

Referring to that sick as dunk by TD in the third, Sean said of Iguodala "He gonna have a hard time flossing the orange out of his teeth after the game."

Best Spurs Announcer Ever!

When commenting on Steve Nash's defense (or lack of it), "I wonder how much his ticket cost to get a seat right on the court, because right now all he's doing is watching this game."

Everybody is looking forward to the new Spurs season...while that is great, personally, I'm looking forward to a new season of "Seanism"... Are you?

Although this isn't a "Seanism", it's my favorite: Taco Cabana!

But for real, one that comes to mind: "He's going to have to brush his teeth tomorrow morning to get the orange out." -After TD stuffs an unworthy opponent.

Give me your favorite!

My favorite is "He just ran out of the house with the good china AND the silver!" when someone makes a really good steal.

9:54 dec 19 vs clippers....after duncan hits two free throws to tie the game, seanism # 999....you coulda heard a mole pass gas when tim shot those free throws...

Spurs Brazil
11-02-2009, 02:28 PM
Brent Barry joins NBA TV's studio analyst crew
By Official Release
Posted Nov 2 2009 10:54AM

NBA TV today announced the addition of two-time NBA champion and 14-year veteran Brent Barry to its announcer roster for the 2009-10 season. Barry will work as a studio analyst for NBA GameTime, the network's live studio show filled with highlights, analysis, commentary and live look-ins at games being played across the league. Barry will join on Monday nights, beginning Monday, Nov. 2, alongside host Andre Aldridge and analyst Eric Snow. He will also contribute to The Jump on NBA.com, a new, live interactive show every Tuesday hosted by Kyle Montgomery and former Orlando Magic sharpshooter Dennis Scott.

Barry is the newest studio analyst on the network's impressive roster which includes Hall of Famer Kevin McHale, five-time NBA All-Star Chris Webber, 14-year veteran Steve Smith, Snow and Scott. Barry is best known for his three-point shooting in which he currently ranks 10th all-time in career three-point field goals made. Barry spent 14 years in the NBA with six teams including the L.A. Clippers, Miami Heat, Chicago Bulls, Seattle SuperSonics, San Antonio Spurs and Houston Rockets.

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/11/02/nbatv.brent.barry/index.html

spursncowboys
11-02-2009, 02:58 PM
back in 2005 there was a thread called Seanisms, here are some of the better ones from back then:
Someone needs to make a website of all his classic ones.

peskypesky
11-02-2009, 06:08 PM
Sean rules.

KenziE
11-02-2009, 07:43 PM
yeah somebody should make a website or something so we can all put up our favs....anybody? somebody?

SpurNation
11-02-2009, 08:17 PM
Don't know which game it was but..."The man couldn't jump over a phone book" has been one of my favorites.

senorglory
11-02-2009, 08:43 PM
I'd like to hear: "Like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli."

phyzik
11-09-2009, 11:11 PM
Manu tres at the 3:42 mark in the 4th qtr against toronto:

"I dont think he got vaccinated, he's rabid right now!"

:lol

Chico
11-09-2009, 11:58 PM
Nice one! I was wondering what I missed tonight..