PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys-Eagles Next Week

Nathan Explosion
11-01-2009, 05:11 PM
Don't look now but that game is now for first place in the division.

The Eagles shocked a lot of people by trouncing the Giants today. The Eagles were damn impressive with their win.

The Cowboys have gotten on a bit of a roll but more importantly are playing consistently. The Cowboys did what good teams are supposed to do, beat a bad team and beat them soundly. Could it be that this team may be turning the corner?

This is not only a division game, and not only for the lead, but a game that will go a long, long way towards gaining momentum to possibly take the division for either team.

An Eagles win automatically vaults the team back to where they were supposed to be, contending for a Super Bowl. A Cowboys win automatically makes the Cowboys a legit playoff team and a team to be noticed again.

To Philly fans, I say this, this is the most respectful I will be towards Philly fans in general (I hate baseball but am rooting for the Yankees not because I'm a bandwagoner, but because I say "Fuck Philly and their fans").

However, as much as I hate the Eagles, I respect the hell out of the team and McNabb. Hopefully it will be a good game, with the Boys winning of course. :)

Game on next week.

slick'81
11-01-2009, 06:00 PM
bust out the measuring stick whoever wins will have shitloads of momentum going forward

http://www.noble.org/AG/Soils/BermudaNitrogenRate/measuring_stick.jpg

Spursfan092120
11-01-2009, 06:29 PM
Hopefully the Boys can win this one...if they pull this one off, and then beat GB in Lambeau, it's on..

JudynTX
11-02-2009, 09:13 AM

However, as much as I hate the Eagles, I respect the hell out of the team and McNabb. Hopefully it will be a good game, with the Boys winning of course. :)

Game on next week.

:toast Cheers! I'm not going to say this will be an easy win, but I can see the Eagles taking this one, they are at home. :D

Whisky Dog
11-02-2009, 01:44 PM
It's a big test to see where the Cowboys really are although I think a loss would damage the eagles more since it's a home game for them and they already dropped an easy one at Oakland the Cowboys should get a W on later. This is the best mid season test yet - play well and win this one and gain a lot of confidence. Still won't be sold until they're downing teams in Dec and Jan though.

bostonguy
11-02-2009, 01:52 PM
While this is an early big game, I wouldn't bank on it meaning the Boys finish the rest of the year strong if they win it. They still have that month they tend to implode in called December. That December schedule is flat out brutal. Giants,Chargers,Saints. For momentum for now, sure this game could do that for them. Thing is December is going to be their ultimate test.

JudynTX
11-02-2009, 01:54 PM
While this is an early big game, I wouldn't bank on it meaning the Boys finish the rest of the year strong if they win it. They still have that month they tend to implode in called December. That December schedule is flat out brutal. Giants,Chargers,Saints. For momentum for now, sure this game could do that for them. Thing is December is going to be their ultimate test.

And guess who the last game is against? :D Yep - us.

stretch
11-02-2009, 02:04 PM
eagles are going to kick the crap out of the cowboys

SpurNation
11-02-2009, 02:07 PM
Something's wrong in Giant land and couldn't be happier for it. The Eagles aren't "THAT" good but are talented enough to contend for 1st place in the division.

This IS the test for the Cowboys. They've already dropped 2 games to premier teams though be it by close margins. If they can manage to get the W in Philie, it will be a noteworthy win as well as a huge momentum builder going into the second half of the season.

I feel positive about the game. Their defense is playing much better with the addition of Jenkins as the starter. It appears that the cast on Sensebaugh isn't keeping him from going full speed and has been playing better as the season has progressed. Contract issue is no longer an issue with Ware and the defensive front is playing more consise and effective at both the run and pass. Austin is the answer to not having Owens and Hurd is productive in his limited role. Williams is a bust so far but I can't tell if it's him or that Romo just can't click to Williams routes. I'm glad to see Bennet getting more opportunities...the team will need that going into the stretch. Penalties are still the major concern...hopefully this will correct itself for they have been the achilies heel to all of their drives this year.

A good game I hope. I predict 31 to 24 Cowboys.

JudynTX
11-02-2009, 02:12 PM
If the Cowboys can contain DeSean Jackson, they might have a possibility at winning.

I said IF. :D

Whisky Dog
11-02-2009, 02:18 PM
That December run isn't looking quite as brutal as before - the giants are in free fall and their secondary is trash. The chargers aren't a great team they're more on par with a team like Atlanta, and that game is at home. The Saints and eagles are looking to be the toughest right now.

katyon6th
11-02-2009, 03:11 PM
I'm looking forward to McNabb picking apart the Cowboys secondary.

Whisky Dog
11-02-2009, 03:16 PM
I'm looking forward to McNabb picking apart the Cowboys secondary.

He won't, it's not like it's Joe Flacco tearing up the broncos now

katyon6th
11-02-2009, 03:25 PM
He won't, it's not like it's Joe Flacco tearing up the broncos now

Ouch, burned!

Kyle Orton
11-02-2009, 03:33 PM
Anyone who has a post 1979 Pink Floyd avatar is a gigantic faggot

Spursfan092120
11-02-2009, 03:40 PM
Anyone who spits avatar smack is...well....nevermind...not gonna get into it.

Kyle Orton
11-02-2009, 03:44 PM
Anyone who spits avatar smack is...well....nevermind...not gonna get into it.
Why would you even post then, dumbass?

Spursfan092120
11-02-2009, 03:45 PM
Why would you even post then, dumbass?
I guess to attempt to make you realize how stupid you sound...I knew it wouldn't work.

Spursfan092120
11-02-2009, 03:46 PM
That December run isn't looking quite as brutal as before - the giants are in free fall and their secondary is trash. The chargers aren't a great team they're more on par with a team like Atlanta, and that game is at home. The Saints and eagles are looking to be the toughest right now.
Saints game is freaking me out right about now..I'm hoping there's some sort of shift in power by that time.

Whisky Dog
11-02-2009, 05:28 PM
Lol I've posted only on my iPhone for months now I forgot that avatar was there.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-02-2009, 05:40 PM
Should be a good game. Both teams seem to be coming together and gelling right now. If Philly's o-line gets fully healthy and stays healthy and Romo remains this consistent, they're the two best teams in their division. The Giants D is horrible without Spags and teams are figuring out how to cover Smith and Manningham.

symple19
11-02-2009, 05:43 PM

rofl

Nathan Explosion
11-03-2009, 12:24 AM
If the Cowboys can contain DeSean Jackson, they might have a possibility at winning.

I said IF. :D

You have Jackson, we have Austin. We'll see how it goes. The pass rush is going to be huge. I'm not sure how good the Eagles running game is because Andy Reid doesn't like to run, even though he has one of the best (even if oft injured) RBs in the game.

I liked that the Cowboys finally got Bennett involved in the game. Just another added dimension if he can become a consistent threat. Romo is still trying to figure out Roy Williams. As the announcers said, the fans were booing Roy, but Romo wasn't giving him anything to work with.

In a few days, it won't just be talk.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-03-2009, 12:38 AM
The Way McCoy is playing Reid almost has no choice but to get him touches. Philly has certainly done a great job building and preparing for life after McNabb. LeSean McCoy, DeSean Jackson, Jeremy Maclin and Brent Celek are all 24 YO or younger and will all be productive skill position starters for the next 10+ years.

Spursfan092120
11-03-2009, 12:50 AM
Romo wasn't giving him anything to work with.
I disagree with this...Roy W. dropped two passes on the first drive that were right in his hands...he's got stone hands right now...yes, there were a few passes that were off, but as a former QB, we can't blame that all on Romo...we don't know if Roy ran the wrong route, or if Tony threw it wrong...it could go either way, and we'll never know, unless we ask them and they both agree, but you can't ask a QB or Receiver a question like that after a bad play and expect a perfect answer...

DAF86
11-03-2009, 01:11 AM
Vick will score a TD.

scott
11-03-2009, 01:48 AM
Seeing as this game is in Philly, I'll be happy if the Boys keep it close. Philly is a really good team and historically dominates us at the Linc. I think Sensabaugh will be the key... what a difference a good saftey makes.

EricB
11-03-2009, 02:20 AM
I disagree with this...Roy W. dropped two passes on the first drive that were right in his hands...he's got stone hands right now...yes, there were a few passes that were off, but as a former QB, we can't blame that all on Romo...we don't know if Roy ran the wrong route, or if Tony threw it wrong...it could go either way, and we'll never know, unless we ask them and they both agree, but you can't ask a QB or Receiver a question like that after a bad play and expect a perfect answer...

They hit his hands but were about 5 feet behind him.

Romo was off accuracy wise all day. Not many balls were "right on the numbers"

SpuronyourFace
11-03-2009, 12:40 PM
Man I hate Philly. I fully expect us to lose to them AT Philly and split the series getting a win at home, but we can definetly compete with them.

Over the next 2 games we go to Philly and too Green Bay. I'd be satisfied with going 1-1 during that period....but then again Wade is still our coach so we can easily go 0-2.

Fuck Philly.

JudynTX
11-03-2009, 04:10 PM
:bang I wish this game was tonight!

BUMP
11-03-2009, 04:41 PM
I think Philly when healthy is the best team in the NFC

and the way they are playing right now its gonna be hard for us to beat them at the Linc. If we can limit the big plays then maybe we'll have a shot.

One of my neighbors in my complex is a diehard Birds fan so this should be a fun one.

:toastPanda

JudynTX
11-03-2009, 04:45 PM

and the way they are playing right now its gonna be hard for us to beat them at the Linc. If we can limit the big plays then maybe we'll have a shot.

One of my neighbors in my complex is a diehard Birds fan so this should be a fun one.

:toast The best team will win.

SpuronyourFace
11-04-2009, 10:26 AM

No, Vikings and Saints are clearly better than Filly. Right now, dallas is somewhere down the line looking to make a push if they got it in them.

mexicanjunior
11-04-2009, 12:00 PM
Here is some "Suck It Philly" to get us in the mood...

_Co4oTl87Yk

JudynTX
11-04-2009, 12:36 PM
:lol

BUMP
11-04-2009, 12:41 PM
No, Vikings and Saints are clearly better than Filly. Right now, dallas is somewhere down the line looking to make a push if they got it in them.

You can make a case for Minnesota, they are a pretty complete team but the Saints are just a regular season team. They wont be able to win in the playoffs scoring below 31 points while I think Philly and Minnesota could last in a defensive battle

benefactor
11-04-2009, 01:10 PM
Important educational information regarding the last time Dallas was in Philly:

4rBA41f7A0c

kamikazi_player
11-04-2009, 01:14 PM
lol texan fans going to cowboy eagles thread and talking shit. keep up the good work :tu

LOL@MavsFan
11-04-2009, 02:49 PM

The Eagles shocked a lot of people by trouncing the Giants today. The Eagles were damn impressive with their win.

The Cowboys have gotten on a bit of a roll but more importantly are playing consistently. The Cowboys did what good teams are supposed to do, beat a bad team and beat them soundly. Could it be that this team may be turning the corner?

This is not only a division game, and not only for the lead, but a game that will go a long, long way towards gaining momentum to possibly take the division for either team.

An Eagles win automatically vaults the team back to where they were supposed to be, contending for a Super Bowl. A Cowboys win automatically makes the Cowboys a legit playoff team and a team to be noticed again.

To Philly fans, I say this, this is the most respectful I will be towards Philly fans in general (I hate baseball but am rooting for the Yankees not because I'm a bandwagoner, but because I say "Fuck Philly and their fans").

Game on next week.

It's in Nov, the Cowboys will win...talk to me next month and I will say whoever they are playing will win.

JudynTX
11-06-2009, 10:49 AM
Sunday night boys!!!!!!!!! :toast

Spursfan092120
11-06-2009, 11:22 AM
Sunday night boys!!!!!!!!! :toast
So ready for this.

katyon6th
11-06-2009, 11:24 AM
Some good matchups for football this weekend. I'm looking forward to this game and others.

JudynTX
11-06-2009, 11:31 AM
So ready for this.

You? I am anxiously waiting for the beatdown.

Spursfan092120
11-06-2009, 11:35 AM
You? I am anxiously waiting for the beatdown.
What? Is Santa Claus showing up this week?

JudynTX
11-06-2009, 11:37 AM
What? Is Santa Claus showing up this week?

I hope not, I haven't given him my wish list.

Spursfan092120
11-06-2009, 11:42 AM
I hope not, I haven't given him my wish list.
You should put that together.

samikeyp
11-06-2009, 11:54 AM
Santa Claus doesn't go where he has been booed before.

Spursfan092120
11-06-2009, 11:55 AM
Santa Claus doesn't go where he has been booed before.
Just thought that since Panda said there was going to be a beatdown, I thought maybe the Philly fans were planning something. You know...Philly fans are known for that sort of thing. :)