PDA

View Full Version : Don Harris picks Heat to win it all!

MadDog73
04-17-2005, 11:35 PM
No surprise.

Don always picks it wrong. In 2003 he picked the Lakers. I don't remember who he picked in 2004, but it wasn't the Pistons.

So, good omen for SA.

BTW, why is everyone picking the Heat for the East? Don't the defending Champs get a nod anymore?

ducks
04-17-2005, 11:37 PM
good now they will not

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-17-2005, 11:38 PM
I'm sure he's probably still bitter about the Malik trade, like a few other delusional folks around here.

3rdCoast
04-17-2005, 11:38 PM
SHAQ-thats why everyone is picking them. he is the single most dominant player in the game. yea, hes huge. call him fat. call him whatever you want, but bottom line is that he wins games and wins rings.

ducks
04-17-2005, 11:39 PM
is he not that one that hates tp and still wants kidd

whottt
04-17-2005, 11:39 PM
I think you are right...I think the Heat are gonna have problems with the Pistons...Shaq wasn't enough to beat the Pistons last year...I don't know why anyone thinks it's going to be any different now.

I think the Pacers will give the Heat problems too...

I still think the Heat are probably the favorites...but I wouldn't bet money on them to beat the Pistons.

ducks
04-17-2005, 11:43 PM
I think bulls will beat pacers
sorry pooh
I think pacers could beat heat though

Spurgal
04-17-2005, 11:45 PM
Don Harris also made the comment a few days ago of the SUNS beating the SPURS...

He needs to grow some hair.

http://www.op.net/~cinder/signs/handicap_bald_head_parking.gif

Rummpd
04-18-2005, 12:01 AM
Who give a Da#$ what a loser like Harris says?

pigknuckles
04-18-2005, 12:16 AM
The heat will be a formidable opponent, no doubt. However I think they're due for some bad luck. Everything has been going almost too smoothly for them.

The teams that have struggled thru adversity and injuries will be better for it.

HB22inSA
04-18-2005, 12:18 AM
Don Harris is a Tim Duncan ankle tweak away from being right, although I don't think Detroit will go down without a fight.

Rummpd
04-18-2005, 12:23 AM
Put the Heat in the West and they probably win 53 games max. Take the blinders off and look at their record vs. top teams and WC.

Over-rated. Shaq and Wade are great players but this is a very beatable team.

PM5K
04-18-2005, 12:24 AM
Wait a minute, doesn't Don Harris work for a local news station? If you work for a local news station you aren't supposed to have anything but positive opinions for the local team, no matter what you think..

It's similar to how the local television coverage is all pro Spurs, no matter what the situation.

For example when a call goes against the Spurs the play by play guy says it was a bad call, and even when replay shows it wasn't they'll say something like, that was close call that was hard to make, they won't say, oh that was the right call....

GoSpurs21
04-18-2005, 08:35 AM
I am amazed that Don HAIRLESS still has a job in this town. The guys is the most pathetic excuse for a sports news reporter. He must have compromizing pictures of some executive at WOAI. Anyone else notice how the Spurs players have blackballed this guy? When was the last time any current Spur sat down for an interview with him. I wonder what that means. I got banned twice at the JR forum (SR) for calling Hairless out.

Who really cares what hairless has to say when it comes to picking winners? Doesn't he get out picked by a monkey, donkey or goat every football season?

Kori Ellis
04-18-2005, 08:37 AM
Anyone else notice how the Spurs players have blackballed this guy? When was the last time any current Spur sat down for an interview with him.

I'm not defending Don because I'm affiliated with WOAI. But this is just crap. He has more exclusive interviews with Spurs players than any other newscaster in town.

MadDog73
04-18-2005, 08:42 AM
I'd like to think that Don picks other teams besides the Spurs so he doesn't Jinx him. :D

After all, as Don EVER gotten a prediction right (even when he picks the Spurs?)

SpursWoman
04-18-2005, 08:45 AM
I'd like to think that Don picks other teams besides the Spurs so he doesn't Jinx him. :D

Me, too. :lol

timvp
04-18-2005, 08:45 AM
This thread is proof that Don Harris made the right choice. If he would have picked the Spurs, nobody would have blinked. Now that he picked the Heat, people are going to tune in to see the fallout.

It's kinda like the time he said Speedy Claxton > Tony Parker. He didn't think that, but it got the natives riled up.

Well, at least I hope he didn't really think that.

Ishta
04-18-2005, 08:49 AM
The Suns are also do for some trouble.. Miami is a team that is very beatable by us.. I am not worried about Phoenix,Dallas,or Denver the only team that can beat the Spurs is the Spurs. When they play the system the way they are supposed to, they are unbeatable. So let whoever wants to, to pick other teams to take it all.. Do so, but I hope they don't have a seizure when they are wrong..

BELIEVE

CHAMPS AGAIN
04-18-2005, 09:04 AM
is he not that one that hates tp and still wants kidd

D. Harris if the SPURS had signed Kidd the SPURS would be a better team.He denys it but he does not like Parker,but still loves AVERY. :elephant :elephant

AlamoSpursFan
04-18-2005, 09:56 AM
Don Harris is one of the many reasons I watch KSAT.

:lol

Kori Ellis
04-18-2005, 10:05 AM
Don Harris is one of the many reasons I watch KSAT.

I feel sorry for you then. KSAT's sports team is always the last to find out anything, and in the past has just made up stories.

Jimcs50
04-18-2005, 10:06 AM
Heat are in big trouble.

Shaq is fragile and they have a chance to lose in 2nd round against washington or Chicago.

MadDog73
04-18-2005, 10:08 AM
Ah, Jim, I don't think the Heat are that bad. Dwayne Wade can carry the team past the Wizards or the Bulls, even without Shaq.

BUT, I do think the Pistons will beat the Heat in the ECF.

Finally, we way see the Spurs / Pistons final that should have happened last year!

101A
04-18-2005, 10:14 AM
Jim.

:wow

Spurminator
04-18-2005, 11:35 AM
The Bulls will have a very hard time with the Heat considering Curry is out.

Jimcs50
04-18-2005, 11:44 AM
The Bulls will have a very hard time with the Heat considering Curry is out.

What about the Wizzards then?

Jdspur20
04-18-2005, 12:06 PM
SHAQ-thats why everyone is picking them. he is the single most dominant player in the game. yea, hes huge. call him fat. call him whatever you want, but bottom line is that he wins games and wins rings.

yeah but too bad the heat haven't tasted that yet. you talk like you guys have won before. :rolleyes

Clandestino
04-18-2005, 12:21 PM
but it is funny that spaz the monkey is better at picking than don harris!

Clandestino
04-18-2005, 12:21 PM
hmmm...is it that don sucks or is spaz just a bad ass???

davi78239
04-18-2005, 12:46 PM
Harris is also a big Shaq fan as well. He's admitted that a couple of times on "Ticket".

PM5K
04-18-2005, 01:17 PM
I never watch the sports anyhow, I always get my sports news from online sources....

Mugshot
04-18-2005, 01:20 PM
Don Harris also picks his nose.

davi78239
04-18-2005, 01:27 PM
Wonder if any of them know of this website and check out the posts on a daily basis. Most likely they do, because some of the topics on here I could swear have been topics on the "ticket". By the way, does anyone know what Walter Pasacreta looks like? I've always pictured this short, kinda older looking guy who you could definetly see lighting up a drag on break.

Willinsa
04-18-2005, 01:45 PM
I really hate Harris he is an idiot that does not know crap, you know if the Spurs win a championship he will jump on the bandwagon and give us crap about how he knew the Spurs would win it all.

I guess he is bitter because he has no hair.

nkdlunch
04-18-2005, 04:08 PM
Ah, Jim, I don't think the Heat are that bad. Dwayne Wade can carry the team past the Wizards or the Bulls, even without Shaq.

BUT, I do think the Pistons will beat the Heat in the ECF.

Finally, we way see the Spurs / Pistons final that should have happened last year!

There is no way Heat can win 7-game series vs. Wizards w/out Shaq. I'm expecting wizards to do some damage in the playoffs.

lotr1trekkie
04-18-2005, 04:27 PM
Agree with MadDog! Pistons vs Spurs in the finals. The Pistons will put Prince on Wade like they did with Kobe and SHaq will not be able to carry them because Big Ben will wear Shaq out going up and down the court. About half the Heats wins were against teams the the Timberwolves would dominate.

MadDog73
04-18-2005, 04:36 PM
There is no way Heat can win 7-game series vs. Wizards w/out Shaq. I'm expecting wizards to do some damage in the playoffs.

Hmm, I must admit, I'm not that familiar with how the Wiz are playing. I see they have 3 players who can score over 20 pt a night, but they also allow their opp. to score over 100 pts a night. That's not good.

Say, what happened where they only beat the Hornets by 2 points?!? (last game)

nkdlunch
04-18-2005, 04:53 PM
Hmm, I must admit, I'm not that familiar with how the Wiz are playing. I see they have 3 players who can score over 20 pt a night, but they also allow their opp. to score over 100 pts a night. That's not good.

Their scoring comes mostly from attacking the basket, so if Shaq is missing they would hurt the Heat.

Say, what happened where they only beat the Hornets by 2 points?!? (last game)

They struggle w/defense and once they have a lead, they let the other team come back.

SPURS-SPURS-SPURS
04-18-2005, 05:43 PM
I really hate Harris he is an idiot that does not know crap, you know if the Spurs win a championship he will jump on the bandwagon and give us crap about how he knew the Spurs would win it all.

I guess he is bitter because he has no hair.

must be related to sequspur when it comes to the Spurs bandwagons :lol :lol

td4mvp21
04-18-2005, 06:55 PM
Put the Heat in the West and they probably win 53 games max. Take the blinders off and look at their record vs. top teams and WC.

Over-rated. Shaq and Wade are great players but this is a very beatable team.

That's exactly what I say. The majority of their wins are against the East. For a team with their record, they didn't have a good one against the West.

Whott, you are exactly right. Shaq wasn't good enough last year, why would it be different this year? Wades not as good as Kobe, I'd take Payton over Damon Jones, and Haslem is no Malone. I just don't get why everyone leaves the Pistons out. I pick them to win the East.

Ocotillo
04-18-2005, 08:07 PM
I hope Harris' father is going to be ok. He just had a minor stroke this past week.

He seems to have changed lately on the radio which is where I hear him mostly these days. More arrogant, whatever.... maybe something is bothering him.

milkyway21
04-18-2005, 08:58 PM
not so fast Harris..

:angel ShaQ out for that bruised thigh. For how long?

:angel And Wade looked tired playing against Indiana the other night.