PDA

View Full Version : Can we already declare Miles Austin the Greatest of all time?

badfish22
11-01-2009, 09:28 PM
Yeah I think we can.

Miles Austin > Your favorite teams receiver.

http://a.espncdn.com/media/apphoto/efa9caf3-b66d-41e7-b8af-7b5fe23a1cc1.jpg

SpursNextRomanEmpire
11-01-2009, 09:39 PM
Its fans like you that make others hate the Cowboys and their fans, including me

Spursfan092120
11-01-2009, 09:46 PM
Well holy fucking shit...

:rolleyes

badfish22
11-01-2009, 09:47 PM
Its fans like you that make others hate the Cowboys and their fans, including me
:lmao Thanks

IronMexican
11-01-2009, 09:56 PM
He's no Heyward Bey.

kamikazi_player
11-01-2009, 10:11 PM
lol, i love seeing people like symple and texan fans get mad at this.

djohn2oo8
11-01-2009, 10:13 PM

It's probably because you actually believe it

badfish22
11-01-2009, 10:22 PM
He's no Heyward Bey.

Well in my completely serious post above i said "Austin> Your favorite teams receiver" So sorry.

Actually on second thought the Raiders aren't really a 'team' so he might qualify.

Nathan Explosion
11-02-2009, 01:55 AM
Yeah I think we can.

Miles Austin > Your favorite teams receiver.

http://a.espncdn.com/media/apphoto/efa9caf3-b66d-41e7-b8af-7b5fe23a1cc1.jpg

+1.

You see, he said "Your favorite team's receiver." What he didn't say was "Your favorite team's BEST receiver."

Of course Miles Austin is better than the 5th receiver on any team. So what the OP is saying isn't exactly false.

:downspin:

Obstructed_View
11-02-2009, 02:31 AM
He's the best of all time after three starts. He secured that title with only two starts.

J.T.
11-02-2009, 03:13 AM
Miles Austin is going to be real good in December and January when Romo starts throwing the ball to guys on the other team.

Fuck the Cowboys.

symple19
11-02-2009, 06:07 AM

Mad? No.

Initiating bouts of hysterical laughter? Yes.

symple19
11-02-2009, 06:07 AM
Fuck the Cowboys.

This

djohn2oo8
11-02-2009, 09:51 AM
Miles Austin is going to be real good in December and January when Romo starts throwing the ball to guys on the other team.

Fuck the Cowboys.

Or when he catches the ball, runs with it, and fumbles it out of bounds with nobody around him

redskinfan
11-02-2009, 10:18 AM
the dude has mad gums!

http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/img/10-09/1012cowcelebration.jpg

SpuronyourFace
11-02-2009, 11:28 AM

Fuck the Cowboys.

:lol

Miles Austin> any Colts WR...doesn't matter, take ur pick

SpuronyourFace
11-02-2009, 11:40 AM
Miles is also more lethal than Marvin Harrison with a gun

dirk4mvp
11-02-2009, 11:42 AM

Miles Austin> any Colts WR...doesn't matter, take ur pick

I guess it's fun being stupid.

SpuronyourFace
11-02-2009, 11:52 AM
I guess it's fun being stupid.

You tell us dumb-dumb.

I'm a Cowboys fan, that automatically makes me smarter than the average NFL fan such as yourself. Also, it makes me sexier than the average man aswell.

kamikazi_player
11-02-2009, 12:36 PM
Mad? No.

Initiating bouts of hysterical laughter? Yes.
lol 3-4

J.T.
11-02-2009, 01:04 PM
I'm a Cowboys fan, that automatically makes me smarter than the average NFL fan such as yourself. Also, it makes me sexier than the average man aswell.

Not really. Being a Cowboys fan means you have poor taste, don't know when to shut your fucking mouth, and love the cock.

Whisky Dog
11-02-2009, 01:49 PM
What is it with colts fans talkng shit about cowboys? They're not even in the same conference and hardly play each other although the cowboys did ruin their undefeated season 3 years ago. It makes no sense, actually I couldn't care less about the colts just like the browns, ravens, bengals, etc.

djohn2oo8
11-02-2009, 03:12 PM
You tell us dumb-dumb.

:lmao If the average NFL fan had an IQ of a rock, which is clearly smarter than u

samikeyp
11-02-2009, 03:17 PM
Not really. Being a Cowboys fan means you have poor taste, don't know when to shut your fucking mouth, and love the cock.

Damn...I guess I am doing it wrong. :lol

badfish22
11-02-2009, 03:20 PM
Last three games comparison
Week 5
Miles Austin: 10 receptions 251 yds 2 TDs
Reggie Wayne: 6 receptions 60 yds 1 td (:lmao)
ADVANTAGE- Miles Ausin
Week 7
Miles Austin: 6 rec. 171 yds 2 tds
Reggie Wayne 7 rec. 83 yds 1 td (:lol:lol:lol)
ADVANTAGE- Miles Austin
Week 8
Miles Austin- 5 rec. 61 rec. yds, 11 rushing yds (what a beast) 1 TD
Reggie Wayne- 12 rec. 147 yds. 1 TD
ADVANTAGE- WAYNE

So there you have it folks. Since we all know careers can be summed up in three games; Austin > Wayne

dirk4mvp
11-02-2009, 03:25 PM
Damn...I guess I am doing it wrong. :lol

Your fellow Cowboy fans are fitting it to a t.

dirk4mvp
11-02-2009, 03:27 PM
Call me when Austin catches a td from a running back.

Kyle Orton
11-02-2009, 03:31 PM
Miles Austin would be the 4th receiver on the Broncos.

SpuronyourFace
11-02-2009, 07:32 PM

No, you're wrong. Destiny chooses one to be a Cowboys fan, if you are so privillaged. It also means we can talk all we want should we choose to, being the largest fanbase that swings a big dick. Or we can sit back and enjoy a good laugh at the haters dialog. Its really up to the individual Cowboy fan.

But I'll tell you what, being a Colts fan who lives in Texas is as bandwagon as it gets brah....as bandwagon as it gets.

badfish22
11-02-2009, 07:39 PM
Your fellow Cowboy fans are fitting it to a t.
Alright to the dumb shits taking this seriously this was a joke to some of the people who posted in the other Miles Austin thread. I would say "Wow Austin is really having a good start, good for him." And then some Texan fan would say "NO! Only two games! Andre Johnson = THE SEX!!1!" So I decided to make this after he had a third good game.

benefactor
11-02-2009, 08:12 PM
Our 4th receiver is better than Miles Austin.

Spursfan092120
11-02-2009, 08:14 PM
Our 4th receiver is better than Miles Austin.
lmao...Houston has more than 2 receivers?

benefactor
11-02-2009, 08:16 PM
Kevin Walter > Miles Austin
Jacoby Jones > Miles Austin
Andre Davis > Miles Austin
David Anderson > Miles Austin

SpurNation
11-02-2009, 08:28 PM
Not yet. But if he keeps this up...maybe some day.

Let's wait to see how he handles double teams and game planning now that he is proving to be a force in single coverage.

Spursfan092120
11-02-2009, 08:54 PM
Andre Davis > Miles Austin
David Anderson > Miles Austin
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Davis has only had 2 entire seasons in all 7 years of his entire career that were better than Miles' last 3 games. David Anderson has only had 1 season that was HALF as good as Miles' last 3 games...don't be an idiot...

spursncowboys
11-02-2009, 09:54 PM
You tell us dumb-dumb.

:toast

J.T.
11-03-2009, 02:54 AM
But I'll tell you what, being a Colts fan who lives in Texas is as bandwagon as it gets brah....as bandwagon as it gets.

I really get tired of faggot big mouthed Cowboys fans treating me like the dude who nailed Jesus's right arm to the cross so he couldn't masturbate while he was up there just because they can't wrap their heads around the concept that somebody from Texas doesn't like their fucking team almost exclusively because the way they act and not the way the team plays. Fucking A.

Obstructed_View
11-03-2009, 07:11 AM
I really get tired of faggot big mouthed Cowboys fans treating me like the dude who nailed Jesus's right arm to the cross so he couldn't masturbate while he was up there just because they can't wrap their heads around the concept that somebody from Texas doesn't like their fucking team almost exclusively because the way they act and not the way the team plays. Fucking A.

No, they just treat you like the dude who decided to start rooting for the Colts as soon as they got good. You were probably a big Cowboys fan when they were winning Super Bowls, and you like to shit on the fanbase now as though it's the reason you root for someone else.

J.T.
11-03-2009, 07:38 AM
No, they just treat you like the dude who decided to start rooting for the Colts as soon as they got good. You were probably a big Cowboys fan when they were winning Super Bowls, and you like to shit on the fanbase now as though it's the reason you root for someone else.

Or it might have something to do with an alcoholic Cowboy fan beating my mother when I was twelve.

Getting to talk shit to all of you homers clinging to your 'five rings, faggot' sig pictures and Miles Austin = Jesus threads is just bonus.

J.T.
11-03-2009, 07:42 AM
I even opted to go with the TNT marathon of Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman over Super Bowl 30.

Fuck the Cowboys.

SpuronyourFace
11-03-2009, 12:30 PM
Or it might have something to do with an alcoholic Cowboy fan beating my mother when I was twelve.

Getting to talk shit to all of you homers clinging to your 'five rings, faggot' sig pictures and Miles Austin = Jesus threads is just bonus.

So because your dad or some guy or whatever beat your mom back in the day(which it is totally wrong to beat women, and that sucks), and was a Cowboys fan, you decided to hate the Cowboys.............makes perfect sense to me.

So let me rationalize here a bit.

I bet your dad or whomever(you didn't clarify)not only liked Cowboys, but also liked pizza, burgers, beer and pussy aswell.

Are you going to tell me you hate all those things aswell???? Brah, you are missing out. Fatty food, Beer and pussy are some of my favorite things in the world next to the Cowboys. I know you hate all those things because some dude who liked all that beat your mom, but you are missing out bigtime!

Hmmm, now that I think about it, since you hate pussy, Im guessing you love dick. Can't relate to you there, but brah, I must insist that you try the fatty food and beer.

Dr. Gonzo
11-03-2009, 12:38 PM
No, you're wrong. Destiny chooses one to be a Cowboys fan, if you are so privillaged. It also means we can talk all we want should we choose to, being the largest fanbase that swings a big dick. Or we can sit back and enjoy a good laugh at the haters dialog. Its really up to the individual Cowboy fan.

:lmao :lmao
:lmao

Dr. Gonzo
11-03-2009, 12:40 PM

Davis has only had 2 entire seasons in all 7 years of his entire career that were better than Miles' last 3 games. David Anderson has only had 1 season that was HALF as good as Miles' last 3 games...don't be an idiot...

I didn't realize Miles Austin was a rookie and has only ever played 3 games in his life.

Dr. Gonzo
11-03-2009, 12:40 PM
I didn't realize Miles Austin was a rookie and has only ever played 3 games in his life.

Oh wait he won't see that reply because 90210 is a big pussy and cried because I told him to go fuck his father.

benefactor
11-03-2009, 01:05 PM

Oh wait he won't see that reply because 90210 is a big pussy and cried because I told him to go fuck his father.
He will now. :D

samikeyp
11-03-2009, 02:29 PM
I like what Austin is doing....but can't we get a full season out of him before we send him to Canton?

Spursfan092120
11-03-2009, 02:43 PM
Miles has only started 3 games...he has more yards than half of the Texans receivers have had in most of their entire seasons in their career in 3 games starting, and yet the only people bashing him are Texans fans...interesting.

Spursfan092120
11-03-2009, 02:44 PM
I like what Austin is doing....but can't we get a full season out of him before we send him to Canton?
Agreed, Mikey..we're only joking because we knew Texans fan would lose their fucking mind...and on cue....

Dr. Gonzo
11-03-2009, 02:49 PM
Miles Austin!

Spursfan092120
11-03-2009, 02:54 PM
Never said I was putting you on ignore..I said welcome to ignore..means I'm ignoring you...just so you know. And anyone who would say fuck your father, then find out that said father has a terminal illness that doesn't allow him to move, and then says it's easy access because of that is just a fucking prick that deserves to have the illness himself. When you become a fucking man and are able to talk about sports and not get personal with people, maybe you can join the ranks of human beings. Till then..ignored.

Spursfan092120
11-03-2009, 02:55 PM
He will now. :D
well aren't we cute.

Dr. Gonzo
11-03-2009, 02:56 PM
Never said I was putting you on ignore..I said welcome to ignore..means I'm ignoring you...just so you know. And anyone who would say fuck your father, then find out that said father has a terminal illness that doesn't allow him to move, and then says it's easy access because of that is just a fucking prick that deserves to have the illness himself. When you become a fucking man and are able to talk about sports and not get personal with people, maybe you can join the ranks of human beings. Till then..ignored.

So you are saying I deserve Lou Gehrig's disease?

That's just spiteful. You disgust me.

LOL@MavsFan
11-03-2009, 03:00 PM
Last three games comparison
Week 5
Miles Austin: 10 receptions 251 yds 2 TDs
Reggie Wayne: 6 receptions 60 yds 1 td (:lmao)
ADVANTAGE- Miles Ausin
Week 7
Miles Austin: 6 rec. 171 yds 2 tds
Reggie Wayne 7 rec. 83 yds 1 td (:lol:lol:lol)
ADVANTAGE- Miles Austin
Week 8
Miles Austin- 5 rec. 61 rec. yds, 11 rushing yds (what a beast) 1 TD
Reggie Wayne- 12 rec. 147 yds. 1 TD
ADVANTAGE- WAYNE

So there you have it folks. Since we all no careers can be summed up in three games; Austin > Wayne

I'm a Cowboys fan, but come on..Austin is better than Wayne...and if you're serious you'r even dumber than I thought
Wayne-Super Bowl Champ
Austin-Started 2 games?

Spursfan092120
11-03-2009, 03:01 PM
So you are saying I deserve Lou Gehrig's disease?

That's just spiteful. You disgust me.
I'm saying that anybody who thinks it's "cool" to say that I should fuck my father and because he has it, that makes him easy access deserves the same thing. Truth is, you only said that to get attention from people because you're an attention whore. That's the only reason you're posting in this thread, and the only reason you post in Cowboys hate threads more than your own team threads, and that disgusts me. I've lived pretty much my entire life with a father who couldn't move without help, and your ass comes in here and makes fun of that? The last guy who did that got put through a glass window. I've said it before and I'll say it again...family is the one place you don't go with me. I can handle the whole "sister=wife" thing, because it's garbage. But when you make fun of the man who raised me for having a terminal illness, it's drawing the line, and stepping over it.

badfish22
11-03-2009, 03:02 PM

bout time you showed up you :lol

3 starts 3 amazing performances- ON this pace he will be, THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME.

Spursfan092120
11-03-2009, 03:03 PM
I'm a Cowboys fan, but come on..Austin is better than Wayne...and if you're serious you'r even dumber than I thought
Wayne-Super Bowl Champ
Austin-Started 2 games?
Dude..this whole thread is a joke..he said it earlier..we're only doing this because of the earlier thread that bashed Miles Austin at the beginning of the season. None of us really believe Miles is better than Andre Johnson, Reggie Wayne, or any of the great receivers. We're only saying he's talented, and that's obvious.

Dr. Gonzo
11-03-2009, 03:03 PM
I'm saying that anybody who thinks it's "cool" to say that I should fuck my father and because he has it, that makes him easy access deserves the same thing. Truth is, you only said that to get attention from people because you're an attention whore. That's the only reason you're posting in this thread, and the only reason you post in Cowboys hate threads more than your own team threads, and that disgusts me. I've lived pretty much my entire life with a father who couldn't move without help, and your ass comes in here and makes fun of that? The last guy who did that got put through a glass window. I've said it before and I'll say it again...family is the one place you don't go with me. I can handle the whole "sister=wife" thing, because it's garbage. But when you make fun of the man who raised me for having a terminal illness, it's drawing the line, and stepping over it.

I thought you were ignoring me.

Dr. Gonzo
11-03-2009, 03:04 PM
Dude..this whole thread is a joke..he said it earlier..we're only doing this because of the earlier thread that bashed Miles Austin at the beginning of the season. None of us really believe Miles is better than Andre Johnson, Reggie Wayne, or any of the great receivers. We're only saying he's talented, and that's obvious.

I really believe Miles Austin is better than all of those receivers.

badfish22
11-03-2009, 03:05 PM
Wayne-Super Bowl Champ
Austin-Started 2 games?

Oh, come on

So there you have it folks. Since we all know careers can be summed up in three games; Austin > Wayne

If you cant detect the sarcasm in that post, I don't even know what to say.

Spursfan092120
11-03-2009, 03:08 PM
I thought you were ignoring me.
I'll ignore you when I want, and speak when I want...say shit like that, and you're begging to be talked to. And then only reason is because of your attention-whore-dom. You love it when people who are Cowboys haters come in here and laugh at your funny little comments, but the truth is, you absolutely hate that once again, Dallas is better than Houston. You were so excited in the offseason after Dallas got rid of TO and you just knew that Houston was going to be better than them this year, and now you're seeing that even with an entirely different gameplan, and having to change so much of their playbook, they're STILL better than Houston, and it pisses you off. So get used to it. Your team sucks.

J.T.
11-03-2009, 03:14 PM
So because your dad or some guy or whatever beat your mom back in the day(which it is totally wrong to beat women, and that sucks), and was a Cowboys fan, you decided to hate the Cowboys.............makes perfect sense to me.

My father is a Dolphins fan. He even took me to a Dolphins-Cowboys game in at Texas Stadium once. I think it was a Thanksgiving game. Dolphins won. We booed the Cowboys a lot. It was a good day.

I bet your dad or whomever(you didn't clarify)not only liked Cowboys, but also liked pizza, burgers, beer and pussy aswell.

He liked my mother's pussy. It's cool if you're into incest brah, but I'm not. You should make friends with 90210. He married his sister.

He also ordered Dominoes and drank Lone Star. I'm more of a Papa John's and Corona guy.

samikeyp
11-03-2009, 03:19 PM

Assuming you are telling the truth.

I am not calling you a liar but one of the oldest internet tricks is the "my parent is dead/dying card" If your father is really in that situation then I am truly sorry.

samikeyp
11-03-2009, 03:20 PM
JT cannot be a bandwagoner if he always liked the Colts.

J.T.
11-03-2009, 03:28 PM

Can any of you guys honestly say you risked your life to watch a regular season Cowboys game on TV? You probably have Mikey, you've been a Cowboys fan for a long time. But everyone else...

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3796864&postcount=44

samikeyp
11-03-2009, 03:33 PM
Once...at hooters surrounded by drunk Giants fans who just lost the game.

badfish22
11-03-2009, 03:35 PM
"They were all on MDMA anyway, including the driver"

OK, so you and your friends are dumb shits. How is that relevant.

J.T.
11-03-2009, 03:41 PM
"They were all on MDMA anyway, including the driver"

OK, so you and your friends are dumb shits. How is that relevant.

I'll take that post to mean you've never risked your life to watch one of your team's regular season games.

My fanhood is bigger than yours.

Dr. Gonzo
11-03-2009, 04:30 PM
I'll ignore you when I want, and speak when I want...say shit like that, and you're begging to be talked to. And then only reason is because of your attention-whore-dom. You love it when people who are Cowboys haters come in here and laugh at your funny little comments, but the truth is, you absolutely hate that once again, Dallas is better than Houston. You were so excited in the offseason after Dallas got rid of TO and you just knew that Houston was going to be better than them this year, and now you're seeing that even with an entirely different gameplan, and having to change so much of their playbook, they're STILL better than Houston, and it pisses you off. So get used to it. Your team sucks.

So you aren't ignoring me?

I don't have vital emotional investment in my sports teams because other things in life that make me happy, I don't have to live vicariously through sports teams to escape the harsh realities of my shitty life, like you seem to do. I still believe Houston is a better team than Dallas and we will see at the end of the season whether I'm right or wrong. For me, it doesn't go farther than that. But for you I guess it's more serious since your life is so terrible you need to invest so much into sports franchises that don't give two fucks about you.

Spursfan092120
11-03-2009, 06:08 PM
Assuming you are telling the truth.

I am not calling you a liar but one of the oldest internet tricks is the "my parent is dead/dying card" If your father is really in that situation then I am truly sorry.
Thank you very much..and yes, I'm telling the truth..my father got ALS 20 years ago. He was given 6 months to 2 years to live..they told him to say his goodbyes and prepare. Thanks to treatment, and things of that sort, he's still alive, though he has basically no muscle in his body and has to be bathed and fed by my mother every day. They're on the MDA Telethon every year on Labor Day. Somehow though, it hasn't progressed any more in 6 years..they have no idea why.

Spursfan092120
11-03-2009, 06:11 PM
So you aren't ignoring me?

I don't have vital emotional investment in my sports teams because other things in life that make me happy, I don't have to live vicariously through sports teams to escape the harsh realities of my shitty life, like you seem to do. I still believe Houston is a better team than Dallas and we will see at the end of the season whether I'm right or wrong. For me, it doesn't go farther than that. But for you I guess it's more serious since your life is so terrible you need to invest so much into sports franchises that don't give two fucks about you.
The ignore function is just ridiculous unless someone is threatening you. I don't have to live vicariously through anything..I'm just a fan. And for someone who says you don't live vicariously through sports, you sure spend a LOT of time hating on the Cowboys.

badfish22
11-03-2009, 06:15 PM
I still believe Houston is a better team than Dallas

:lmao:lmao:lmao

djohn2oo8
11-03-2009, 06:22 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao

Going down to the wire with KC is :lmao

badfish22
11-03-2009, 06:30 PM
Going down to the wire with the Titans is :lmao
Losing to the Jags is :lmao

Calling the texans better then the Cowboys is :lmao:lmao:lmao

samikeyp
11-03-2009, 06:32 PM
DJohn...You're missing Warren Moon, J.R. Richard and Bum Phillips. :)

djohn2oo8
11-03-2009, 06:34 PM
Going down to the wire with the Titans is :lmao
Losing to the Jags is :lmao

Calling the texans better then the Cowboys is :lmao:lmao:lmao

Thinking Romo won't choke again is :rollin

samikeyp
11-03-2009, 06:36 PM
Everyone getting their dicks in a knot over who's better after half a season....:lol

Spursfan092120
11-03-2009, 06:37 PM
Thinking Romo won't choke again is :rollin
We'll see about that. :toast

J.T.
11-03-2009, 06:59 PM
We'll see about that. :toast

That's what you fools have been saying since 2006. Get over it. Romo is garbage after Thanksgiving. This is proven.

badfish22
11-03-2009, 07:04 PM
That's what you fools have been saying since 2006. Get over it. Romo is garbage after Thanksgiving. This is proven.

Sorry we all didnt jump on the best teams bandwagon.

Anyway Romo had to always force the ball to T.O back then. Things are different now. Hes got Austin (GOAT) now too.

We will see.

djohn2oo8
11-03-2009, 07:10 PM
blaming T.O. for fumbling the snap and throwing the game ending interception is hilarious

badfish22
11-03-2009, 07:14 PM
blaming T.O. for fumbling the snap and throwing the game ending interception is hilarious

The fumbled snap was Romos first year as a starter. Even the almighty Cowboys shouldn't be expected to go very far then.

J.T.
11-03-2009, 07:25 PM
The fumbled snap was Romos first year as a starter.

Big mouthed Cowboy fan can't even get his own team's history right :lmao

samikeyp
11-03-2009, 07:29 PM
Big mouthed Cowboy fan can't even get his own team's history right :lmao

He's kinda right....that was the first season he started a game...the next year was his first full year as a starter.

SpuronyourFace
11-03-2009, 08:03 PM
My father is a Dolphins fan. He even took me to a Dolphins-Cowboys game in at Texas Stadium once. I think it was a Thanksgiving game. Dolphins won. We booed the Cowboys a lot. It was a good day.

He liked my mother's pussy. It's cool if you're into incest brah, but I'm not. You should make friends with 90210. He married his sister.

He also ordered Dominoes and drank Lone Star. I'm more of a Papa John's and Corona guy.

So your Pops, beats your moms, was a Cowboys fan, jumped ship to the Dolphins bandwagon(which explains where you got your bandwagoning), you grow up aCowboys and Dolphins fan, jump the bandwagon circa 1999 when the Colts were getting better with Peyton because the Cowboys glory years of the mid-90's faded, and decide to hate the Cowboys, beer, pizza, burgers and pussy.

Got it, thanks.

badfish22
11-03-2009, 08:05 PM
So your Pops, beats your moms, was a Cowboys fan, jumped ship to the Dolphins bandwagon(which explains where you got your bandwagoning), you grow up aCowboys and Dolphins fan, jump the bandwagon circa 1999 when the Colts were getting better with Peyton because the Cowboys glory years of the mid-90's faded, and decide to hate the Cowboys, beer, pizza, burgers and pussy.

Got it, thanks.

SpuronyourFace
11-03-2009, 08:07 PM

Yeah, he's always liked them.....since 1999

SpuronyourFace
11-03-2009, 08:11 PM
Sorry we all didnt jump on the best teams bandwagon.

Anyway Romo had to always force the ball to T.O back then. Things are different now. Hes got Austin (GOAT) now too.

We will see.

Austin will set the all time receiving yards in a season in December so not worried about December anymore. Not worried at all.

J.T.
11-03-2009, 08:14 PM

Got it, thanks.

My father never beat my mother.

Clearly your father beat you though.

Only excuse I can think of for someone wanting to be a Cowboy fan is severe head trauma sustained as a child.

You and badfish are probably post-1996 Cowboy fans and post-2005 Spurs fans. Waited until the teams won something to claim them. I rooted for the Colts when they had nothing.

Go fuck yourselves.

Brodie Bruce
11-03-2009, 08:26 PM

Got it, thanks.

This post just got inducted into the monosylab1k "It's Tony Dungy's fault his son killed himself" Hall of Fame. Classless.

badfish22
11-03-2009, 08:27 PM

Only excuse I can think of for someone wanting to be a Cowboy fan is severe head trauma sustained as a child.

You and badfish are probably post-1996 Cowboy fans and post-2005 Spurs fans. Waited until the teams won something to claim them. I rooted for the Colts when they had nothing.

Go fuck yourselves.

WHAT!!! :nope

EDIT: And I have been a Cowboy and Maverick fan since birth.

SpuronyourFace
11-03-2009, 08:28 PM

Go fuck yourselves.

LOL @ a bandwagoner(you) calling me and badfish bandwagon fans. NEWSFLASH, not everyone is a fickle fan like you and jump from team to team
1992 JT:"Im a Cowboys fan! WooHoo"

1993 JT: "Oh no, the Cowboys just lost to the Dolphins on Thanksgiving. Im a Dolphins fan now. WoooHoooo!

1995 JT: "Oh dang, the Cowboys just won the SuperBowl, Im a Cowboys fan again WooHooo!

1999 JT: "Whoa, this Peyton Manning guy just passed for 4,000 yards and a 13-3 season. Im a Colts fan now. Wooohooo. Oh and I now hate the Cowboys because they are not winning right now. WoooHooo!

Fuck bandwagoning if you ask me.

badfish22
11-03-2009, 08:30 PM

SpuronyourFace
11-03-2009, 08:30 PM

He assumes all are bandwagon fans like he is.

J.T.
11-03-2009, 08:40 PM
LOL @ a bandwagoner(you) calling me and badfish bandwagon fans. NEWSFLASH, not everyone is a fickle fan like you and jump from team to team
1992 JT:"Im a Cowboys fan! WooHoo"

1993 JT: "Oh no, the Cowboys just lost to the Dolphins on Thanksgiving. Im a Dolphins fan now. WoooHoooo!

1995 JT: "Oh dang, the Cowboys just won the SuperBowl, Im a Cowboys fan again WooHooo!

1999 JT: "Whoa, this Peyton Manning guy just passed for 4,000 yards and a 13-3 season. Im a Colts fan now. Wooohooo. Oh and I now hate the Cowboys because they are not winning right now. WoooHooo!

:lmao you stupid fuck

i've never backed the cowboys ever

J.T.
11-03-2009, 08:41 PM
Btw what grade are you in?

Only a dumb shit high schooler would pull that 'putting words in someone's mouth' shtick.

J.T.
11-03-2009, 08:42 PM
:lmao cowboys fan can't handle someone shitting on his team so he has to take jabs at their mother and fanhood (which is over nine thousand times bigger than yours since you never risked your life to watch a regular season game)

SpuronyourFace
11-03-2009, 08:43 PM
:lmao you stupid fuck

i've never backed the cowboys ever

Well of course you are going to deny it......I mean you'd only cement your bandwagoning if you didn't. Its a natural defense mechanism of fickle fans like you to deny bandwagoning when called out, and lie when needed to.:wakeup

J.T.
11-03-2009, 08:45 PM

:lmao mavericks

J.T.
11-03-2009, 08:45 PM
Well of course you are going to deny it......I mean you'd only cement your bandwagoning if you didn't. Its a natural defense mechanism of fickle fans like you to deny bandwagoning when called out, and lie when needed to.:wakeup

:lmao you calling me a liar

SpuronyourFace
11-03-2009, 08:48 PM
:lmao cowboys fan can't handle someone shitting on his team so he has to take jabs at their mother and fanhood (which is over nine thousand times bigger than yours since you never risked your life to watch a regular season game)

Im not sure one can call bandwagoning fanhood. You misinterpret yourself yet again. They are not one in the same. I have fanhood, and a great deal more than your bandwagoninghood.

And I clearly stated that what happened to your moms was wrong, but I guess you don't want my sympathy.

badfish22
11-03-2009, 08:50 PM
:lmao mavericks

:lmao bandwagoners

I'm sorry they haven't won a championship lately, so I know they don't fit your criteria.

SpuronyourFace
11-03-2009, 08:51 PM
:lmao bandwagoners

:lmao JT

SpuronyourFace
11-03-2009, 08:51 PM
:lmao JT

J.T.
11-03-2009, 08:53 PM
Im not sure one can call bandwagoning fanhood. You misinterpret yourself yet again. They are not one in the same. I have fanhood, and a great deal more than your bandwagoninghood.

And I clearly stated that what happened to your moms was wrong, but I guess you don't want my sympathy.

:lmao 16 year old cowboys fan accusing another team's fan of being a bandwagoner

SpuronyourFace
11-03-2009, 09:00 PM
:lmao 16 year old cowboys fan accusing another team's fan of being a bandwagoner

Im however old you want me to be. But I'll give you a hint. I was around and suffered throughh the 1-15 season of '89.

Too bad you can't say you suffered through the colts 3-13 season of 1998.

J.T.
11-03-2009, 09:01 PM
I have fanhood.

Waiting until the Cowboys had five Super Bowls doesn't count as fanhood. It's more like bandwagoning if you ask me. Fucking stupid bandwagon Cowboys fan :lmao

J.T.
11-03-2009, 09:02 PM
Im however old you want me to be. But I'll give you a hint. I was around and suffered throughh the 1-15 season of '89.

Too bad you can't say you suffered through the colts 3-13 season of 1998.

How long did it take you to find that on Wikipedia?

samikeyp
11-03-2009, 09:05 PM
Fan of my team since 1970...

I got all of your fanhoods right here. :)

SpuronyourFace
11-03-2009, 09:06 PM
How long did it take you to find that on Wikipedia?

I did use wikipedia(great site to gather facts when you can't quite remember.) I remember the Colts sucking Peytons rookie year, just didn't remember the exact record because I don't follow the Colts. So I looked it up the exact record using wikipedia....anything else?

samikeyp
11-03-2009, 09:07 PM
Someone had to wiki the record Peyton's rookie year? Wow.

J.T.
11-03-2009, 09:07 PM
Fan of my team since 1970...

I got all of your fanhoods right here. :)

You've already earned my respect, brah :toast

These other kids on the other hand, not so much.

SpuronyourFace
11-03-2009, 09:10 PM
Someone had to wiki the record Peyton's rookie year? Wow.

Yup, I knew he had double digit losses his rookie year, just couldn't remembe the exact record.

Now, Cowboys lore.....that is burned in my memory. NO cowboy fan who was born before 1989 will ever forget the '89 season.

samikeyp
11-03-2009, 09:12 PM
You've already earned my respect, brah :toast

These other kids on the other hand, not so much.

samikeyp
11-03-2009, 09:13 PM
Yup, I knew he had double digit losses his rookie year, just couldn't remembe the exact record.

Now, Cowboys lore.....that is burned in my memory. NO cowboy fan who was born before 1989 will ever forget the '89 season.

the great thing about the one win for me was I was watching it at a Redskin's fans house. :)

redskinfan
11-03-2009, 11:04 PM
the great thing about the one win for me was I was watching it at a Redskin's fans house. :)

WTF?...lol..J.T. dont argue with these idiots they are like ants and you cannot prevail..spermonhisface and badfish are one in the same,notice badfish riding sperms nuts? and 90210 reminds me of my ex! has to have the last word..peace! and yes I know my team sucks balls right now so dont start.

samikeyp
11-03-2009, 11:23 PM
WTF?...lol..J.T. dont argue with these idiots they are like ants and you cannot prevail..spermonhisface and badfish are one in the same,notice badfish riding sperms nuts? and 90210 reminds me of my ex! has to have the last word..peace! and yes I know my team sucks balls right now so dont start.

:lol nice.

But props to you though for not bailing. Too many bandwagoners in this world.

Spursfan092120
11-04-2009, 12:02 AM
90210 reminds me of my ex! has to have the last word.
fuck you....that's the end.. :hat

Spursfan092120
11-04-2009, 12:03 AM
We'll see about that....again :toast

SpuronyourFace
11-04-2009, 10:24 AM

:lmao........redskin fan trying to get in on some of this shit

benefactor
11-04-2009, 11:07 AM
Cowboy fan...trolled yet again.

lol Cowboys.

Obstructed_View
11-04-2009, 05:56 PM
Roy Williams seems to think that the only reason Austin's done well is because Tony Romo only chooses to throw decent passes to everyone else. Let's see how long before he figures out it's his route running. I'm personally taking the over on that one.

Spursfan092120
11-04-2009, 06:29 PM
Fuck Roy Williams...He's TO without the production right now...hard for me to say, because I'm a Horns fan, but it's true.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
11-04-2009, 06:32 PM
Yeah, RW looks and sounds exactly like he did in Detroit.

He should send Martz a Christmas card for making him look like a competent WR.

Spursfan092120
11-04-2009, 06:48 PM
Yeah, RW looks and sounds exactly like he did in Detroit.

He should send Martz a Christmas card for making him look like a competent WR.
I've gotta say, at this moment, you called it, bro. You said this was going to be a mistake, and so far, it is a HUGE mistake. Like I said, unless something changes, he's T.O. without the production to back up the mouth. I loved the guy at UT, but damnit...does he really think Romo is trying to errantly throw the ball when he throws to him? I mean, no other receivers are having the same problem.

samikeyp
11-04-2009, 06:49 PM
True...DLF is wise. :toast

Spursfan092120
11-04-2009, 06:49 PM
True...DLF is wise. :toast
seems to be the case

11-04-2009, 06:53 PM
They gave up a ton and then double fucked themselves by giving him that ridiculous contract. His route running looks even worse now than it did in Detroit. He's all bark and no bite. He just doesn't seem to give a fuck about the game.

Boldin, Braylon, Maclin, Harvin...man, the Cowboys could have had a very young, very scary O.

Spursfan092120
11-04-2009, 07:00 PM
Boldin, Braylon, Maclin, Harvin...man, the Cowboys could have had a very young, very scary O.
:depressed. We'll have to live with what might have been. Miles is looking pretty good right now, and if Crayton can get his shit together, we might have a nice duo there..and Hurd is always hiding, ready to make a big play here and there.

11-04-2009, 07:06 PM
Great trade for the Lions, but then they went and fucked it up as only they can. Pettigrew over Oher looks to be one of the colossal mistakes of the draft thus far.

It's still early, but man that seemed like a no-brainer after taking Staff #1 overall.

Spursfan092120
11-04-2009, 07:11 PM
Great trade for the Lions, but then they went and fucked it up as only they can. Pettigrew over Oher looks to be one of the colossal mistakes of the draft thus far.

It's still early, but man that seemed like a no-brainer after taking Staff #1 overall.
Oher's a monster...that was a mistake...but Pettigrew could get better.

djohn2oo8
11-04-2009, 07:15 PM
Didn't the Cowboys pass on Randy Moss?

Spursfan092120
11-04-2009, 07:15 PM
I will say though that BSPN is just begging for this to end up bigger than it is...ratings galore. Just like the TO saga.

samikeyp
11-04-2009, 07:18 PM

Almost everyone did...Cincy did twice.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998_NFL_Draft#Round_one

Spursfan092120
11-04-2009, 07:20 PM
Yeah...as did the Colts, Chargers, Cardinals, Raiders, Bears, Rams, Saints, Jags, Ravens, Eagles, Falcons, Bengals, Panthers, Seahawks, Titans (Tennessee Oilers at that point), the Bengals again, Patriots, Packers, and the Lions. At least Dallas got a pro bowler out of the deal. (Greg Ellis). A lot of other teams got players a HELL of a lot worse than Ellis.

J.T.
11-04-2009, 11:47 PM
Yeah, um, you're probably the only person who follows the NFL who thinks drafting Peyton Manning counts as passing on Randy Moss.

dirk4mvp
11-04-2009, 11:48 PM
Yeah, um, you're probably the only person who follows the NFL who thinks drafting Peyton Manning counts as passing on Randy Moss.

Blake
11-05-2009, 12:56 AM
Moss wouldn't have lasted long in Dallas just like in Oakland.

Quincy/Wright/Hutchinson/Henson/Vinny/Bledsoe would have killed him.

Spursfan092120
11-05-2009, 11:05 AM
No...no way..just stating that they did, bro. I know Peyton is light years ahead of Randy...:toast

Dr. Gonzo
11-05-2009, 11:43 AM
The Titans passed on him and drafted a WR ahead of him. That's a bigger mistake than drafting Greg Ellis.

Spursfan092120
11-05-2009, 01:34 PM
The Titans passed on him and drafted a WR ahead of him. That's a bigger mistake than drafting Greg Ellis.
yeah..this guy..

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2008/0115/travel_sbXXXIV_800.jpg

Guys drafted ahead of Moss.

Peyton Manning - Good pick
Ryan Leaf - :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao - Fucking Cowboys had him once :depressed
Andre Wadsworth - injuries killed him
Charles Woodson - Good pick
Curtis Enis - blah
Grant Wistrom - solid player...no Randy Moss though
Kyle Turley - will always be known as the guy who threw Damien Robinson's helmet, but anger issues held him back.
Greg Ellis - solid player for the Cowboys.
Fred Taylor - Not Randy Moss, but a good player, nonetheless.
Duane Starks - Ended the Giants hopes in SB 35, went downhill after that.
Tra Thomas - 3 Pro Bowls...not bad.
Keith Brooking - Solid player. 5x Pro Bowler. Locker room leader for Defense in Dallas.
Takeo Spikes - Pretty decent player over the years..
Jason Peter - who?
Anthony Simmons - (see Jason Peter)
Kevin Dyson - The dive and fail guy who was part of what is now known as "The Tackle"
Brian Simmons - (see Jason Peter)
Robert Edwards - blew his knee out his rookie season in a flag football game. Played with Miami 4 years later, but ended up in the CFL.
Vonnie Holliday - meh
Terry Fair - (see Jason Peter)

Wow..can't believe some of these guys went before Moss...at least Dallas got Ellis out of the deal.

Greg Oden
11-05-2009, 01:39 PM
Damn a lot of fail on that list. The only guy who was clearly a better pick is Peyton and the only 2 guys who come close to Moss is Woodson and maybe Taylor (probably not considering he's made of glass). But you can't really blame any of those teams passing on Moss considering he was a fucking dickhead coming out of college

Spursfan092120
11-05-2009, 01:43 PM
Damn a lot of fail on that list. The only guy who was clearly a better pick is Peyton and the only 2 guys who come close to Moss is Woodson and maybe Taylor (probably not considering he's made of glass). But you can't really blame any of those teams passing on Moss considering he was a fucking dickhead coming out of college
yeah. Cowboys got a decent pick in Ellis, and Brooking was a 5x Pro Bowler, but neither one of them are quite "Moss-like"

J.T.
11-05-2009, 10:00 PM
damn a lot of fail on that list. The only guy who was clearly a better pick is peyton and the only 2 guys who come close to moss is woodson and maybe taylor (probably not considering he's made of glass). But you can't really blame any of those teams passing on moss considering he was a fucking dickhead coming out of college

STRAlGHT CASH, HOMEY!

Spursfan092120
11-06-2009, 01:06 PM
This season, Miles has 26 receptions for 563 yards and 6 TDs..but maybe most importantly, no drops. Terrell Owens, the former Cowboy, has 23 receptions with 281 yards and 1 TD...with 9 drops.

J.T.
11-06-2009, 04:54 PM
This season, Miles has 26 receptions for 563 yards and 6 TDs..but maybe most importantly, no drops. Terrell Owens, the former Cowboy, has 23 receptions with 281 yards and 1 TD...with 9 drops.

TO plays for a shitty team though. I could have told you it wouldn't work out for him in Buffalo before he even signed that contract.

SpuronyourFace
11-08-2009, 11:55 PM
Bump.....to answer the the original question in the thread title...YES. :fro

badfish22
11-08-2009, 11:56 PM
Miles Austin just being the greatest wide receiver he is supposed to be.

Spursfan092120
11-08-2009, 11:57 PM
1 reception, 49 yards, 1 TD....not what we wanted, but dude was clutch when we needed him..that's all that matters...arguably the best receiver at avoiding tackles in the league.

SpuronyourFace
We need to get a smiley that has huge gums and call it :smilesaustin

Spursfan092120
Bump.....to answer the the original question in the thread title...YES. :fro
your sig is officially answered. :toast

Spursfan092120
11-08-2009, 11:58 PM
Let's show some love to Roy E. as well...dude played good, and the good news for Cowboys fans was that it looked like Tony and Roy's timing was on tonight..

SpuronyourFace
11-09-2009, 12:02 AM
your sig is officially answered. :toast

:danceclub

jag
11-09-2009, 02:57 AM
1 reception, 49 yards, 1 TD....not what we wanted, but dude was clutch when we needed him..that's all that matters...arguably the best receiver at avoiding tackles in the league.

I don't necessarily agree with that, just yet...he's got a whole lot of time to prove how good he really is.

However, I liked hearing that Asante Samuel compared Austin to Michael Turner in terms of difficulty associated with tackling.

Spursfan092120
11-09-2009, 11:01 AM
I don't necessarily agree with that, just yet...he's got a whole lot of time to prove how good he really is.

However, I liked hearing that Asante Samuel compared Austin to Michael Turner in terms of difficulty associated with tackling.
Yeah...I heard that too, and I sort of agree...and if he's not the best at avoiding getting tackled, he's definitely one of the best.

Obstructed_View
11-09-2009, 02:36 PM
TO plays for a shitty team though. I could have told you it wouldn't work out for him in Buffalo before he even signed that contract.

I guess the people who said TO doesn't make the team better were correct.

SpuronyourFace
11-13-2009, 12:11 PM
Wonder what kind of Amazing Miles will do this week?

SynicFan
11-13-2009, 12:20 PM
LOL!

Cowboys 34
slackers 17

SynicFan
11-13-2009, 12:21 PM
I guess the people who said TO doesn't make the team better were correct.

...and dun.

SynicFan
11-13-2009, 12:22 PM
Yeah...I heard that too, and I sort of agree...and if he's not the best at avoiding getting tackled, he's definitely one of the best.

too soon to say that.
but he IS GOOD at it. no doubt.

Spursfan092120
11-13-2009, 12:34 PM
too soon to say that.
but he IS GOOD at it. no doubt.
When one of the best DBs in the league compares you to Michael Turner, that's pretty stout.

SynicFan
11-13-2009, 12:38 PM
When one of the best DBs in the league compares you to Michael Turner, that's pretty stout.

yes it is. but Turner is no HoF'er though.

like I said, A Miles is good at it.
Im glad he's making an impact with the team.
they desperately needed it.

11-5 till they prove me wrong!

Spursfan092120
11-13-2009, 01:59 PM
11-5 till they prove me wrong!
sounds good to me.

BUMP
11-13-2009, 02:05 PM
it would be pretty sick if we could roll into the month of December at 9-2 on a 7 game win streak. its very do-able if we can manage to take care of Green Bay.

After that its Washington, even if they get up for us theres still no way they beat us, then its Oakland (yawn). I'm as big a fan as they come but if you told me we would be 9-2 after 11 games this year i would've laughed

Spursfan092120
11-13-2009, 02:07 PM
it would be pretty sick if we could roll into the month of December at 9-2 on a 7 game win streak. its very do-able if we can manage to take care of Green Bay.

After that its Washington, even if they get up for us theres still no way they beat us, then its Oakland (yawn). I'm as big a fan as they come but if you told me we would be 9-2 after 11 games this year i would've laughed
It's possible, definitely. Can't ever count out the Skins. GB will probably be tougher, though. I agree too with your other statement...I'm a huge fan, but no way I thought we'd be where we are. We're really gelling, and our talent is finally showing their potential. We're getting a swagger, which is nice, and hopefully we can keep it going.

BUMP
11-13-2009, 02:14 PM
It's possible, definitely. Can't ever count out the Skins. GB will probably be tougher, though. I agree too with your other statement...I'm a huge fan, but no way I thought we'd be where we are. We're really gelling, and our talent is finally showing their potential. We're getting a swagger, which is nice, and hopefully we can keep it going.

Agree about the swagger,

I like the fact that Cowboy fans are showing up once again in herds at the opponents stadiums. My favorite was in Kansas City where Dallas fans were chanting "De-fense" on KC's last drive and booed when we got penalties. It sounded like a home game. I expect that there will a ton of our fans in GB

Spursfan092120
11-13-2009, 02:43 PM
Agree about the swagger,

I like the fact that Cowboy fans are showing up once again in herds at the opponents stadiums. My favorite was in Kansas City where Dallas fans were chanting "De-fense" on KC's last drive and booed when we got penalties. It sounded like a home game. I expect that there will a ton of our fans in GB
Yes...I remember last time we were at Lambeau in our 13-3 season, I thought for sure we'd be in hostile territory, but there were a LOT of Boys fans. My favorite part of this season has been when the whole Roy Williams thing happened, and Romo stepped up and said "We're not going to let you guys (meaning the media) mess this thing up. We've got a good thing going, nothing you guys can say will change that." He's really taken a step up as a leader.

samikeyp
11-13-2009, 02:58 PM
They were in Lambeau last season (W 27-16), 2007 was in Dallas (W 37-27).

Spursfan092120
11-13-2009, 03:29 PM
They were in Lambeau last season (W 27-16), 2007 was in Dallas (W 37-27).
that's right..it was last season..right after I typed it I thought I was wrong.

timtonymanurich
11-14-2009, 02:57 AM
I knew last year (among sever other Cowboy fans) that Miles Austin was something special. Defenses will be geared to try and stop him but it won't be that easy.. Dude is too hard to tackle! :worthy:

jag
11-14-2009, 01:22 PM
yes it is. but Turner is no HoF'er though.

He's a running back. Samuel wasn't comparing their overall games, he was comparing their respective ability to break tackles. Turner doesn't have to be a HOFer...he's notoriously difficult to bring down, as arm tackles are worthless with him.

It's impressive that Austin would draw the comparison.

Spursfan092120
11-14-2009, 03:20 PM
He's a running back. Samuel wasn't comparing their overall games, he was comparing their respective ability to break tackles. Turner doesn't have to be a HOFer...he's notoriously difficult to bring down, as arm tackles are worthless with him.

It's impressive that Austin would draw the comparison.
Exactly what I was thinking.

Kyle Orton
11-16-2009, 01:14 AM
Why didn't this thread get bumped after today's game?

badfish22
11-16-2009, 01:29 AM
Even the greatest have off days.

symple19
11-16-2009, 01:53 AM
Even the greatest have off days.

:lol :toast

Austin is a taint sniffer

badfish22
11-26-2009, 11:55 PM
Is this even a question anymore? Or just a known fact?

leemajors
11-27-2009, 12:51 AM
It was the raiders. I like Austin, he could turn out to be pretty good. Consistency first.

badfish22
12-26-2009, 09:37 PM
Since week 5 (when Austin was inserted as a starter) Miles Austin has a league leading 10 TD's. The second leader is Andre Johnson with 6.

jag
12-26-2009, 10:23 PM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.com/images_root/gallery_images/photos/000/226/093/GYI0059017157_display_image.jpg
http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/sportatorium/assets_c/2009/11/Miles%20Austin1-thumb-456x661.jpg

TMSKILZ
12-27-2009, 09:38 AM
Clutch! TR to MA!

Da Boys Da Best
12-27-2009, 11:33 AM
NOBODY has done what Miles Austin has done. NOBODY!!!!

He will go down as one of the greatest of all time.

TMSKILZ
12-27-2009, 04:28 PM
NYGAYMEN were blown out today by Carolina! DAL time to take advantage, clintch that playoff seed!

mardigan
01-09-2010, 11:08 PM
Great thread brah!

LOL texans
07-23-2010, 12:10 PM
Miles Austin has seized the WR crown

Andre Johnson isn't even the best receiver in his state anymore

By KC Joyner
ESPN Insider
Archive

http://media.nj.com/needell/photo/miles-austin-6c6d539c9411671b_large.jpg
If the Cowboys are to reach a Super Bowl in their stadium, Miles Austin needs to play a huge role.
One of the methods that former college football coach Bear Bryant used to settle positional battles early in his coaching career was the "challenge system." This allowed any player to call for a one-on-one battle with a starter. The two would go head-to-head in a variety of areas (blocking, tackling, receiving, etc.) to see who was the best at executing the key responsibilities of the position. The winner would claim the prize as starter.

If such a system existed in the world of statistical analyses, there would be many potential challengers to Houston Texans wide receiver Andre Johnson for the title of best wide receiver in the NFL. Larry Fitzgerald, Randy Moss and Reggie Wayne all would serve as worthy foes for Johnson, but surprisingly enough, none of them would rank as the No. 1 contender.

The real competition for Johnson as the NFL's premier wideout comes from within the state in which he plays pro football. Many might not consider Miles Austin to be an elite wideout yet, but he actually had a better set of metrics than any of the three other aforementioned contenders this past season.

So did he do enough last season to beat the perceived champion for the belt?

http://www.procanes.com/files/page18_blog_entry3864_2.jpg

Andre Johnson
#80 WR
Houston Texans
2009 STATS
Rec
Yds
TD
Avg
Long
YAC
To find out, let's do it like Bryant's players and run a 10-stage challenge. We'll compare both Austin's and Johnson's yards per attempt (YPA) metrics in 10 main receiving categories. At the end, whoever has the most victories will win the honor of best wide receiver in the NFL.

A full chart follows the breakdown by category.

Short passes (thrown downfield 10 yards or fewer)
Austin's 9.4 YPA topped Johnson's 6.0 mark by a 50 percent margin. That is enough to give him a win, but it is also worth noting that Austin didn't just beat Johnson in this metric but also led the entire league in this category.
Challenge status: Austin 1, Johnson 0

Medium passes (11-19 yards downfield)
OK, so Austin wins on dinks and dunks, but can he beat Johnson on the deep out, deep in and comeback routes that make up the bulk of the medium-depth patterns? Not exactly, but he didn't lose to him, either. Austin and Johnson both gained 12.1 YPA on medium routes last season.
Challenge status: Austin 1, Johnson 0, 1 tie

Deep passes (20-29 yards downfield)
For most receivers, the deeper the pass, the more likely it is they would lose to Johnson, but Austin won this category as well. His 20.3 mark ranked ninth in the league and nearly doubled Johnson's 10.9 YPA.
Challenge status: Austin 2, Johnson 0, 1 tie

Bomb-length passes (30 or more yards downfield)
Go patterns are the kings of this route depth, and this is where Johnson starts to make his stand. His 26.1 YPA was seventh-best in the league overall and second-best among wideouts with 10 or more bomb attempts. It also nearly doubled Austin's 13.8 YPA mark.
Challenge status: Austin 2, Johnson 1, 1 tie

Vertical (all medium, deep and bomb passes)
Johnson's lead in the bomb-pass category helped vault him over Austin in this all-encompassing category, but not by much. Johnson posted a 14.5 YPA mark, ranking 10th in the league, while Austin checked in with a 13.7 YPA total (which ranked 15th).
Challenge status: Austin 2, Johnson 2, 1 tie

Overall YPA (all route depths)
Johnson's bomb-pass prowess helped him close enough ground to win the vertical category, but it wasn't enough to overcome Austin here. Austin's 11.2 overall YPA mark ranked fourth-best and was more than 2 yards ahead of Johnson's 9.9 YPA total.
Challenge status: Austin 3, Johnson 2, 1 tie

Miles Austin
#19 WR
Dallas Cowboys
2009 STATS
Rec
Yds
TD
Avg
Long
YAC
In the portion of this challenge based on depth of the pass route, Austin is the winner -- but distance alone is not the only indicator of how good a receiver is. Another way to measure receiving excellence is to see how well each wideout did when facing varying levels of competition.

I went through the breakdown charts I did for every game from the 2009 season and pulled out the plays on which a receiver faced a cornerback. I then assigned color-coded grades to the cornerbacks based on their 2009 YPA totals (which can be found in the KC Joyner Metricmania section in the 2010 ESPN The Magazine fantasy football preview).

Against cornerbacks who yield YPAs of 7 yards or fewer on average (red-rated CBs)
Austin was hardly fazed by elite competition, as he posted 12.0 YPA against them. Johnson's 8.0 YPA in this category ranked 18th in the league but didn't keep up with Austin's total.
Challenge status: Austin 4, Johnson 2, 1 tie

Against CBs who yield 7-9 YPA on average (yellow-rated CBs)
Austin put up 9.8 YPA here versus Johnson's 6.9. Another win for Austin.
Challenge status: Austin 5, Johnson 2, 1 tie

Against CBs who yield 9 or more YPA on average (green-rated CBs)
Johnson was very good at dominating overmatched cornerbacks, something shown by his 14.6 YPA total here. He wasn't as good as Austin and his 17.7 YPA mark, however.
Challenge status: Austin 6, Johnson 2, 1 tie

Against CBs in general
With wins in all three color-coded cornerback categories, it is obvious Austin won this part of the challenge as well (13.4 YPA versus Johnson's 9.9 mark), but just as was the case on short passes, it is worth noting that Austin ranked No. 1 in the league in this metric.

It also means he won the competition by a score of 7-2-1.

Here's the full breakdown, minus the category of "vertical" from above and organized by YPA.

The Texas battle
Here's a full breakdown of Andre Johnson versus Miles Austin in several key metric categories, as graded by YPA (yards per attempt). The colors associated with cornerbacks are explained within the article above and within the 2010 ESPN The Magazine fantasy football preview.

Name Short Routes Medium Routes Deep Routes Bomb Routes Overall Routes Vs. Red CBs Vs. Yellow CBs Vs. Green CBs Vs. CBs overall

Miles Austin 9.4 12.1 20.3 13.8 11.2 12.0 9.8 17.7 13.4
Andre Johnson 6.0 12.1 10.9 26.1 9.9 8.0 6.9 14.6 9.9

Some might say these categories don't tell the whole story, but Austin also beat Johnson in yards per reception (16.3 to 15.5), touchdown receptions (11 to 9) and success percentage (69.4 percent to 64.6 percent).

Simply put, as great as Johnson is, in 2009 he not only wasn't the best wide receiver in the NFL but wasn't even the best wide receiver in Texas. That honor belonged to Austin.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insider/columns/story?columnist=joyner_kc&id=5398251&addata=2009_insdr_mod_nfl_xxx_xxx&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl %2finsider%2fcolumns%2fstory%3fcolumnist%3djoyner_ kc%26id%3d5398251%26addata%3d2009_insdr_mod_nfl_xx x_xxx

LOL texans
07-23-2010, 12:11 PM
Not to mention Andre Johnson is a bitch who won't fight a man straight up. He had to have his boys with him to gang up on Cortland Finnergan.

Johnson is fucking vagina, to put it simply.

badfish22
07-23-2010, 12:35 PM
:lol I forgot I made this thread.

badfish22
07-23-2010, 12:38 PM
:cry great fuckin article.

LOL texans
07-23-2010, 01:52 PM
It actually brings to light some very valid points. While Austin did have a better year in my opinion, he's gotta do it again this year, to approach elite status talk.

Goran Dragic
07-23-2010, 02:49 PM
LOL texans is by far the worst poster in the NFL forum. You should have just played it off as being someone's troll, because as an actual poster you contribute absolutely nothing and should go kill yourself.

Greg Oden
07-23-2010, 03:01 PM
lol LOL texans

Blake
07-23-2010, 03:04 PM
LOL texans is by far the worst poster in the NFL forum. You should have just played it off as being someone's troll, because as an actual poster you contribute absolutely nothing and should go kill yourself.

if he's trolling, then he is not even slight chuckle humorous.

if he is serious then he is a huge idiot.

hard to tell these days which is which.

Greg Oden
07-23-2010, 03:08 PM

I was hoping he was just a failed troll someone made, but it obviously isn't that since the dingleberry keeps posting. tbh, dirk4mvp and JT do fine shouldering the load for Colts fans in the NFL forum and this nutsack wart comes in and does his best to mess it up.

LOL texans
07-23-2010, 09:49 PM
Its funny when you get into weak trolls like Greg Oden, Goran Dragic and Blake's heads...:lmao

I mean it really sounds like you faggots all hate me....GOOD!

Spursfan092120
07-23-2010, 10:14 PM
http://www.totalprosports.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/miles-austin-bday-6.jpg

dallasmavsnfuego214
07-23-2010, 10:29 PM

+1 fucking cosigned

LOL Texans has singlehandedly destroyed the NFL forum. This place used to be readable with the occasional trolling but his constant attention whoring made me pretty much stop posting here

Goran Dragic
07-23-2010, 11:32 PM
Its funny when you get into weak trolls like Greg Oden, Goran Dragic and Blake's heads...:lmao

You haven't trolled anyone, you just don't contribute shit. Everyone in this forum thinks you're a worthless poster.

badfish22
07-24-2010, 12:01 AM
LOL texans is a troll imho.

Spursfan092120
07-24-2010, 12:04 AM
LOL texans is a troll imho.

samikeyp
07-24-2010, 06:14 AM
Miles Austin is the greatest WR named Miles EVER!!!!

:)

Spursfan092120
07-24-2010, 04:19 PM
Miles Austin is the greatest WR named Miles EVER!!!!

:)
:tu

LOL texans
07-25-2010, 01:45 AM
+1 fucking cosigned

LOL Texans has singlehandedly destroyed the NFL forum. This place used to be readable with the occasional trolling but his constant attention whoring made me pretty much stop posting here

I have that much power over you all???

hahaha...sweet...

Blake
07-26-2010, 01:48 PM

neh. Just saying your posts suck.

Goran Dragic
07-26-2010, 02:05 PM
neh. Just saying your posts suck.

More or less. It's not like half the NFL forum laughs at his posts and the other half is just butthurt so they say he sucks, everyone in the NFL forum basically has a consensus opinion that his posts aren't funny, intelligent, or worthwhile in any form.

Greg Oden
07-26-2010, 03:57 PM
lol LOL texans

jag
07-27-2010, 11:26 AM
http://asp.elitefts.com/images/upload/qa/Miles%20Austin%20on%20SI%20cover.jpg

I see you Miles Austin

Spursfan092120
07-29-2010, 04:07 PM
http://cdn.magazines.com/fetch/key/product_sports-illustrated/image?macro=medium

I see you Miles Austin... :)

Blake
07-29-2010, 04:19 PM
False

1. Andre Johnson
2. Larry Fitzgerald
3. Brandon Marshall
4. Reggie Wayne
5. Calvin Johnson
6. Randy Moss

7. Davonne Bess, tbh