PDA

View Full Version : Greg Oden vs Kevin Durant

tlongII
11-01-2009, 09:36 PM
Oden with 12 points, 10 boards, and 1 blocked shot on 4-5 shooting and 4-4 from the line.

Durant with 16 points, 5 boards, and 2 blocked shots on 3-21 shooting.

Of course you dummies still argue we should have picked Durant. :rolleyes

DPG21920
11-01-2009, 09:38 PM
Why did you not post this the first couple games?

HarlemHeat37
11-01-2009, 09:42 PM
Even if this is trolling and all..3-21 is beyond ridiculous..

Lars
Tllong I can respect the passion you have for your team, but trying to argue that Oden is in anyway superior to Durant is just foolish. Durant is going to be a perrenial all star and MVP candidate, while Oden is fighting for a starting spot on his own team.

redzero
Oden with 12 points, 10 boards, and 1 blocked shot on 4-5 shooting and 4-4 from the line.

Durant's only played 80+ more games than Olden has in 3 seasons, winning rookie of the year and shooting the lights out.

Greg Oden is a bust. One average game doesn't make him any better. Could have had Durant.

Danny.Zhu
11-01-2009, 09:43 PM
Even if this is trolling and all..3-21 is beyond ridiculous..

Totally. But I like Durant anyway.

sook
11-01-2009, 09:45 PM
Yea I'm sure Kobe, Jordan, Bird, magic never had shitty games right?

Durant avgd like 26 ppg his sophmore year on a NICE FG%. You have to be a fucking moron, or joking to pull this shit.

tlongII
11-01-2009, 09:45 PM
Tllong I can respect the passion you have for your team, but trying to argue that Oden is in anyway superior to Durant is just foolish. Durant is going to be a perrenial all star and MVP candidate, while Oden is fighting for a starting spot on his own team.

Baloney. Durant will never have the impact on games that Oden has. Unfortunately you're too blind to realize this.

mystargtr34
11-01-2009, 09:47 PM
Damn...
3-21 FG ???

:lol

The Franchise
11-01-2009, 09:47 PM

Chuck Hayes could score 12 points on that sorry ass Thunder defense so don't pound your chest to hard. :lol

redzero
11-01-2009, 09:49 PM
Baloney. Durant will never have the impact on games that Oden has. Unfortunately you're too blind to realize this.

Yeah, all teams really could use a starting Center who gets 9 rebounds, 5 turnovers and 6 fouls every game.

KidCongo
11-01-2009, 09:51 PM
Ariza>KD

1 ring> 0 rings

33 points> 16 points

Win against Blazers> Loss

Sounds about right.

djohn2oo8
11-01-2009, 09:53 PM

Here's the proof that T-long doesn't believe half the shit that he says

tlongII
11-01-2009, 09:54 PM
Ariza>KD

1 ring> 0 rings

33 points> 16 points

Sounds about right.

Actually that is right. Right now, Ariza is a better player than Durant. Learn the game.

Lars
11-01-2009, 09:56 PM

Tllong the Rockets have played the Blazers 8 times in their past 16 games, I know why we were successful when we won and what hurt us when we lost.

Pryzbilla had far more impact than Oden ever did in any of those games. We beat you by getting into the penalty, primarily thanks to Oden, and containing Roy. When you were successful against us it was when your wing players, other than Roy were beating us. (see game one of this season).

Impact is not always = stats

carrao45
11-01-2009, 09:58 PM

Yeah, no need to remember that Durant just had a monster year last season, while Oden has proven to be capable only of fouling and providing ample amounts of suckassery.

Forget that Oden is made of glass, and fouls more than just about any player in the league, and that Durant has the potential to be the best scorer since Jordan.

Forget all that because of ONE game where Durant played poorly, and Oden did ok.

You do realize I could have made a thread Every single game last year comparing Durant's play to Oden's, and Durant would have won the comparison every single time.

tlongII
11-01-2009, 09:59 PM
Tllong the Rockets have played the Blazers 8 times in their past 16 games, I know why we were successful when we won and what hurt us when we lost.

Pryzbilla had far more impact than Oden ever did in any of those games. We beat you by getting into the penalty, primarily thanks to Oden, and containing Roy. When you were successful against us it was when your wing players, other than Roy were beating us. (see game one of this season).

Impact is not always = stats

I don't disagree that Przybilla had a greater impact last year. This year Oden is the better player though. It's obvious if you watch the games.

evi11emons
11-01-2009, 10:00 PM
:lmao:lmao

tlongII
11-01-2009, 10:04 PM
Yeah, no need to remember that Durant just had a monster year last season, while Oden has proven to be capable only of fouling and providing ample amounts of suckassery.

Forget that Oden is made of glass, and fouls more than just about any player in the league, and that Durant has the potential to be the best scorer since Jordan.

Forget all that because of ONE game where Durant played poorly, and Oden did ok.

You do realize I could have made a thread Every single game last year comparing Durant's play to Oden's, and Durant would have won the comparison every single time.

Yah, Durant had such a monster year that the Thunder managed to win 23 whole games! Impressive...

carrao45
11-01-2009, 10:07 PM
Yah, Durant had such a monster year that the Thunder managed to win 23 whole games! Impressive...

Put Durant in Portland last year and they get past the first round.

And anyone who has seen the two play (at least anyone with an ounce of basketball knowledge, which means somebody other than you) knows that Durant is MUCH better than Oden

djohn2oo8
11-01-2009, 10:11 PM
It's a shame that T-long's son is probably just as dumb as his pappy

Unholy Turkey
11-01-2009, 10:12 PM
Actually that is right. Right now, Ariza is a better player than Durant. Learn the game.

Cool.

Lars
11-01-2009, 10:13 PM
I don't disagree that Przybilla had a greater impact last year. This year Oden is the better player though. It's obvious if you watch the games.

Well I have watched three of your four games and I see the same foul prone, turnover machine as I did in the playoffs last year. He got a lot of blocks on us, but come on, our tallest player is like 6'6 and we have become almost a pure penetration team.

In game one, Oden had 7 turnovers and 5 PF in only 26 minutes. If everyone on your team played as "good" as Oden did, the Blazers would of commited 54 fouls and had 75 turnovers. Keep in mind we shot 30 free throws on your actual 27 fouls.

That kind of impact on the game is beyond awful. Oden has some promise, but he is looking more and more like Sam Bowie.

mavsluva
11-01-2009, 10:14 PM
A very unwise post. A center vs. a 2/3 guard. You simply can't compare them as apples/apples.

tlongII
11-01-2009, 10:15 PM
Put Durant in Portland last year and they get past the first round.

And anyone who has seen the two play (at least anyone with an ounce of basketball knowledge, which means somebody other than you) knows that Durant is MUCH better than Oden

Dude, you're a Laker fan. By definition that means you don't have a clue.

redzero
11-01-2009, 10:15 PM

Yeah, and Greg "I miss at least 25 games a year and foul out in ten minutes" Oden would have done so much better.

If Oden's team does better, Oden must be the better player HURR DURR.

Biggems
11-01-2009, 10:17 PM

BLIND HOMERISM at its finest.

Durant has an impact in every game. When he is on, he is lethal, and his team has a great chance to win. When he is off, he is such an important part of the team, that his team struggles as well.

As a Spurs fan, Durant has given us fits and even had a game winning shot or two.

If Oden has a good or bad game, it matters not, cause he is not even one of their top 5 players. He is just a side dish on that team. It is obvious that he is nowhere near as important as Durant. The Blazers have done an adequate job without Oden.

The Thunder would downright suck if they had no Durant. He is their franchise player.

tlongII
11-01-2009, 10:22 PM
Yeah, and Greg "I miss at least 25 games a year and foul out in ten minutes" Oden would have done so much better.

If Oden's team does better, Oden must be the better player HURR DURR.

If Oden was on OKC this year and Durant was not I guarantee they would be a better team.

tlongII
11-01-2009, 10:24 PM
BLIND HOMERISM at its finest.

Durant has an impact in every game. When he is on, he is lethal, and his team has a great chance to win. When he is off, he is such an important part of the team, that his team struggles as well.

As a Spurs fan, Durant has given us fits and even had a game winning shot or two.

If Oden has a good or bad game, it matters not, cause he is not even one of their top 5 players. He is just a side dish on that team. It is obvious that he is nowhere near as important as Durant. The Blazers have done an adequate job without Oden.

The Thunder would downright suck if they had no Durant. He is their franchise player.

The Thunder DOES suck. With Durant. Ask yourself why that is.

Biggems
11-01-2009, 10:24 PM
If Oden was on OKC this year and Durant was not I guarantee they would be a better team.

No they wouldnt. They would be putrid. Oden is overrated, overhyped, and oft injured. He is far more hype than substance.

redzero
11-01-2009, 10:26 PM

Really? What would Oden be doing from the bench? We all know he will miss 20+ games this season and foul out the other 60 games in 20 minutes.

My Fault
11-01-2009, 10:29 PM
Ariza>KD

1 ring> 0 rings

33 points> 16 points

Sounds about right.
Ariza has one 30 pt game and he's better than Durant? GTFO

Oh btw Lebron has 0 rings too....

Biggems
11-01-2009, 10:29 PM

Because basically all they have is Durant, Green, and Westbrook. They are still rebuilding. Krstic is solid, but injury prone.

I tell you this. Take McMillan and give him back to OKC and they will be the top team in that division by the end of next season.

OKC has been very unstable coaching wise since McMillan left for Portland.

tlongII
11-01-2009, 10:40 PM
Right now Durant is the most over-rated player in the league. Hopefully he'll improve and come close to justifying the hype he gets on this board some day. I just don't see him helping his team at this point. He plays no defense and his shot selection is terrible.

carrao45
11-01-2009, 10:47 PM
Dude, you're a Laker fan. By definition that means you don't have a clue.

Can't come up with a way to refute the argument, so he switches to "You're a Laker fan." That says it all

Lars
11-01-2009, 10:51 PM

The same reason the Blazers sucked in 06-07 and 07-08

carrao45
11-01-2009, 10:51 PM
:lmao

I believe you mean "Do suck." Seriously, English is not that hard.

And they suck for the same reason the Blazers have no chance at a title, because they are your, inexperienced and a poor defensive team.

carrao45
11-01-2009, 10:53 PM
Ariza>KD

1 ring> 0 rings

33 points> 16 points

Sounds about right.

Obviously. And that means that the Lakers equipment manager is a better basketball player than LeBron.

The Franchise
11-01-2009, 10:55 PM
This entire thread feels like a good troll job to me. There's no way he could seriously be comparing a bust to an allstar.

kamikazi_player
11-01-2009, 10:56 PM
Right now Durant is the most over-rated player in the league. Hopefully he'll improve and come close to justifying the hype he gets on this board some day. I just don't see him helping his team at this point. He plays no defense and his shot selection is terrible. Overrated yes, Oden better than Durant? :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

superfedja
11-01-2009, 10:57 PM
yo REDZERO !

what the hell is the name of that insect on your picture ????????

that's thing looks scary and extremely effective !

tlongII
11-01-2009, 10:59 PM
The same reason the Blazers sucked in 06-07 and 07-08

The Blazers won 33 games in 06-07 and were a .500 team in 07-08.

tlongII
11-01-2009, 11:03 PM
:lmao

I believe you mean "Do suck." Seriously, English is not that hard.

And they suck for the same reason the Blazers have no chance at a title, because they are your, inexperienced and a poor defensive team.

Actually "does suck" is the correct english to use in this example. But I'll keep in mind that you're a Laker fan.

superfedja
11-01-2009, 11:06 PM
Oden is better than Durant he just doesn't stay as long on the court, once he handles his fouling problem, he's gonna be unstoppable because he's extremely effective when he's on the floor ... the blazers are always winning while he's on the floor .... don't forget, this is not shaq, this guy hits his free throws, so once he can stay on the floor long enough, which he will learn to do, he will be unstoppable ... on both ends of the court ... now that's a scary thought for everyone lol

Lars
11-01-2009, 11:07 PM

and?

If you want to compare Durant to someone, compare him to Roy.

tlongII
11-01-2009, 11:09 PM
and?

If you want to compare Durant to someone, compare him to Roy.

They didn't suck.

Agloco
11-01-2009, 11:09 PM

I smell desperation. I see a person trying to convince himself that his team didn't draft Sam Oden or Greg Bowie.

carrao45
11-01-2009, 11:20 PM

Since when does winning 33 games not suck?

carrao45
11-01-2009, 11:24 PM
Actually "does suck" is the correct english to use in this example. But I'll keep in mind that you're a Laker fan.

The Thunder do suck

The Thunder does suck

If you're using Thunder as an object, meaning the noise that follows lightning, the "Does suck" is correct.

However, when talking about the Thunder as a collective group, or team, then it is considered plural, and "Do suck" is the correct way to say it.

Dumbass tlong

tlongII
11-01-2009, 11:25 PM
Since when does winning 33 games not suck?

A .500 team does not suck.

tlongII
11-01-2009, 11:26 PM
The Thunder do suck

The Thunder does suck

If you're using Thunder as an object, meaning the noise that follows lightning, the "Does suck" is correct.

However, when talking about the Thunder as a collective group, or team, then it is considered plural, and "Do suck" is the correct way to say it.

Dumbass tlong

A team is an object. Dumbass.

Lars
11-01-2009, 11:27 PM

You have gone off the deep end.

carrao45
11-01-2009, 11:29 PM

Ok they sucked one year and were average the next. better?

carrao45
11-01-2009, 11:31 PM

The team is a collective group, ergo...plural.

Assface.

The Blazers does have Brandon Roy.

The Blazers do have Brandon Roy.

Which one sounds right?

tlongII
11-01-2009, 11:37 PM

Assface.

Which one sounds right?

The Thunder does suck. That is the correct way to structure the sentence. Dumbfuck.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-01-2009, 11:40 PM
Why do people still react to Tlong? The only reason these threads keep getting made are cause people still respond to this bullshit, wtf is so hard about ignoring his posts?

carrao45
11-01-2009, 11:43 PM
The Thunder does suck. That is the correct way to structure the sentence. Dumbfuck.

It would be, if we were talking about the sound following lightening, but since were are talking about a team, a group of people, the correct use is "Do."

You Fail
http://palmwebos.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/vader-fail.jpg

carrao45
11-01-2009, 11:45 PM

Assface.

Which one sounds right?

Why do people still react to Tlong? The only reason these threads keep getting made are cause people still respond to this bullshit, wtf is so hard about ignoring his posts?

Come on now, look at that, is he serious?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-01-2009, 11:50 PM
Come on now, look at that, is he serious?

I don't think so. This is my last post in this thread, I don't wanna keep bumping it.

tlongII
11-01-2009, 11:50 PM
It would be, if we were talking about the sound following lightening, but since were are talking about a team, a group of people, the correct use is "Do."

You Fail
http://palmwebos.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/vader-fail.jpg

You are wrong. We are talking about a singular team. Not a group of individuals.

carrao45
11-02-2009, 12:00 AM
You are wrong. We are talking about a singular team. Not a group of individuals.

The singular team IS the group of individuals.

kamikazi_player
11-02-2009, 12:04 AM
The singular team IS the group of individuals.
Sorry to bother you on your argument over grammar issues with Tlong, but who are those asian chicks in your sig? name? do they have a website? :)

carrao45
11-02-2009, 12:10 AM
Sorry to bother you on your argument over grammar issues with Tlong, but who are those asian chicks in your sig? name? do they have a website? :)

I dont think they're asian. But the picture says coolbuddy.com

I haven't checked, but that might be helpful.

I don't think they have their own site though. The Blonde one, however, is everywhere.

kamikazi_player
11-02-2009, 12:14 AM

Banzai
11-02-2009, 12:17 AM
I shit on this thread.http://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/userpics/10071/mURI_temp_5380e674.jpg (http://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/userpics/10071/mURI_temp_5380e674.jpg)

kamikazi_player
11-02-2009, 12:20 AM
Dude i was eating :vomit: i have a weak stomach and lose my appetite fast.

Halberto
11-02-2009, 12:31 AM

:wow

sook
11-02-2009, 12:43 AM
This is a highly ironic situation. Most of the blazers fans already hate oden as I saw on realgm.

Tlong is the one that has to live watching oden play, if he's cool with it I don't see why the rest of us hate on the amusement it brings.

He keeps defending a shitty player when he should be pissed it is costing his team.

tlongII
11-02-2009, 12:45 AM
And of course a Laker fan had to come shit in my thread. :rolleyes

blink
11-02-2009, 01:02 AM
damn someone ban tlong for being such a dumbass

La Peace
11-02-2009, 01:29 AM
3/21

WildcardManu
11-02-2009, 03:21 AM
Right now Oden is the most over-rated player in the league. Hopefully he'll improve and come close to justifying the hype I post about him on this board some day. I just don't see him helping his team at this point.

Fixed. Signature worthy material.