PDA

View Full Version : Bought a new car Friday night, keyed Saturday afternoon

chreph
11-01-2009, 11:32 PM
I get what they're trying to accomplish with Alamo Ranch, but FUCK ALL OF THE BITTER, GHETTO-ASS LOSERS that bring San Antonio down. :bang

My first thread ever was a thread bitching about all of the California trash invading the far NW side and this weekend confirms that fucking losers are ruining the NW side of town (read: Culebra/1604). I waited 6 months to find my car so I got exactly what I wanted (2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe - 3.8 track w/ nav in white), found it in Houston, and drove straight over there to pick it up after work Friday. I came right back home after taking delivery and rolled into the garage at 12:30AM and within an hour, heard 4 or 5 gunshots followed by sirens about 10 minutes later. Come to find out there was a shooting on the street behind my house... nice.

Saturday afternoon, my wife realizes we're out of CD-Rs and need one to burn some halloween music. I run to the Best Buy in Alamo Ranch and park next to a tree so I can get close to the curb and avoid inconsiderate assholes giving me a door ding (no one was parked within 3 spots of me). I'm in the store maybe 5 minutes and come out to find someone keyed the entire driver's side of my car - down to the metal. Naturally, I'm pissed and, of course, Best Buy (a fucking electronics store) has ZERO security cameras pointed to the parking lot. Now I've got to have the car I've saved and waited for repainted before I can even take 24 hours to enjoy it.

Still, I tried to get over it and enjoy passing out candy at our own house for the first time (we always go to somone else's place for halloween). That made my outlook on this side of town even more bleak. I'd say about 80% of the kids that came through our garage for candy were destined to be the next-gen ghetto assholes. Kids asking rudely for more candy (or saying "I don't want that one, can I have a Kit Kat/Reece's/etc"), using backpacks or their hands for candy bags (one girl used a fucking Claire's retail bag for her candy bag), one kid just started running in ciricles in our garage, multiple kids tried coming back multiple times, etc. One kid at least 11 years old was a "butcher" with exposed ribs and blood all over himself and my wife said "Cool costume, what are you? A butcher". He said "no, I'm a guy from the market" :rolleyes Another punk about 11-13 was wearing baggy pants, a xxxl shirt, a red bandana over his face, and a black hat. My wife asked what he was and he replied "a gangster". All I could say was "dream big!".

If you're looking for a house or planning on moving to SA, do NOT move to the far NW side. It's nothing too bad yet but this is still a relatively new area of town and it's already rolling down the wrong path. It's only going to get worse so I don't plan on sticking around to see what it degenerates into in 5 years, 10 years, etc.

I'm sure this will never reach the person who did this, but it helps me to vent... to the person who felt compelled to KEY a fucking $33K car (if you're going to jealous of someone's possesions, at make it a lexus/bmw/mercedes/infiniti) - GO FUCK YOURSELF YOU PATHETIC LOSER... ENJOY THE REST OF YOUR SAD, PATHETIC ROACH-LIKE LIFE! :flipoff Takes a real big person to key someone who has done nothing to you's car while they're not around!

edit - for clarity, I'm NOT blaming any of this on Californians LOL... just mentioned that to establish precedence for my feelings of this side of town going downhill.

bigzak25
11-01-2009, 11:39 PM
sorry that happened to you man....

is this your car...not bad...looks cool.

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/jalopnik/2009/03/2010_Hyundai_Genesis_Coupe.jpg

bigzak25
11-01-2009, 11:40 PM
what builder division you live in?

i drive a 97 crown vic that already fucked up on one side, so i never worry about punk assholes scratching it...but i feel your pain.

chreph
11-01-2009, 11:44 PM
Yup, that's it! Well, except for the nice little gray line going down the driver's side :lol It's actually REALLY nice and I couldn't find anything $30K or less that was a better package of sportiness and lux (really nice interior). I just ate at chester's on I-10 and every single person that left the restaurant walked by to check it out even if it was out of their way.

chreph
11-01-2009, 11:47 PM
what builder division you live in?

i drive a 97 crown vic that already fucked up on one side, so i never worry about punk assholes scratching it...but i feel your pain.

yeah, my other cars are just an elantra and sentra that the wife and I just want as cheap, reliable transportation. Not too concerned with appearances because they're going to get jacked up eventually with all of the trips to Wal-Mart we make. I'm over here off Shaenfield/1604 and it had potential but it's about 20% people who care about their environment and want this to be a nice area of town and 80% who just don't give a flying fuck lol

Kori Ellis
11-01-2009, 11:53 PM
Sorry about your car.

We lived at Guilbeau/1604 for over five years (just moved less than 2 weeks ago) and never experienced any sign of trouble at all. I don't think that whole area is going downhill...maybe just your neighborhood?

The Reckoning
11-02-2009, 12:00 AM
yeah i have a friend who lives off tezel and its a really nice area

Das Texan
11-02-2009, 12:04 AM
Sucks to hear about your car.

The Great Northwest subdivision isnt going downhill I know that. But go ahead and characterize that entire side of town as going downhill.

Then again my subdivision is 30 years old + so I guess I should just ignore your comments anyway.

TDMVPDPOY
11-02-2009, 02:12 AM
hey dude at leasts ur car isnt keyed on both sides

i got a friend who had all 4 doors kicked in, he goes get them fixed, then what? his whole car gets keyed, he gets it resprayed, then what? they threw a brick at his windscreen...thats cause junkies hate dealers lmao...altogether he has spent mor fixing up the car then what he bought it for brand new...i really wanna buy his car if his selling it, its still a 1-2yr old car as long nothing is wrong with the engine and interior.

lebomb
11-02-2009, 08:35 AM
I'm over here off Shaenfield/1604 and it had potential but it's about 20% people who care about their environment and want this to be a nice area of town and 80% who just don't give a flying fuck lol

Usually, but not always...........you have to price yourself into a neighborhood where knuckleheads cant afford to move into.

Im moving in about 1-1/2 yrs because my neighbors do not take care of their house at all. Their privacy fence is falling down, and they patch it up or prop the boards up with a stone. They cut their grass, but do not edge it........so grass if half way across the sidewalk. Their mini blinds are all shredded from their crazy assed kids.

Sad part is............both of our homes were new and I keep up my home and my yard............they have let theirs go to shit. I hope it doesnt effect my home when I try and sell it. :depressed Im sure it will. :bang

JJ Hickson
11-02-2009, 08:59 AM
one girl used a fucking Claire's retail bag for her candy bag

What a little cunt! How dare she.

Don't let the haters get you down bro. They're just jealous when they see you rollin' in your baller Hyundai.

101A
11-02-2009, 09:06 AM
I moved to Helotes in '77.

When we moved out there; there was ONE stoplight between 410 and Helotes; and it was at Wurzbach!

Depends on your definition of "going down"; but to my sensibilities it's been decaying for over 30 years; regardless of WHO is moving out there; it's simply the quantity of people. Helotes used to be outskirts; almost country - hell, in the '80's I went to John Marshall from there - and it was only a 10 minute drive. But, it's been swallowed; it's why I packed up and moved to a small town in PA 5 years ago; one without an interstate within 90 miles.

Drachen
11-02-2009, 09:24 AM
Usually, but not always...........you have to price yourself into a neighborhood where knuckleheads cant afford to move into.

Im moving in about 1-1/2 yrs because my neighbors do not take care of their house at all. Their privacy fence is falling down, and they patch it up or prop the boards up with a stone. They cut their grass, but do not edge it........so grass if half way across the sidewalk. Their mini blinds are all shredded from their crazy assed kids.

Sad part is............both of our homes were new and I keep up my home and my yard............they have let theirs go to shit. I hope it doesnt effect my home when I try and sell it. :depressed Im sure it will. :bang

You do realize that you are going to have to edge their lawn, right? Also, if their privacy fence is easy to see from your house, you know you will have to fix that too. Either by asking them to do it, contributing your own funds, or doing it yourself. As far as the blinds go, after you have helped with the exterior, you can say "yeah their blinds look bad, but they have small children and are waiting until they get a little older to replace, but they are good people, look they take care of their exterior, just look at their lawn and fence."

PM5K
11-02-2009, 09:27 AM
what a little cunt! How dare she.

Don't let the haters get you down bro. They're just jealous when they see you rollin' in your baller hyundai.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Leetonidas
11-02-2009, 09:52 AM
Yeah I live over near that area, in the 410/Culebra area, close to 151 and 1604. Honestly I don't see a lot of problems around here. Like others have said, it could just be your neighborhood.

Also I wouldn't use little kids trick or treating as a sign of the times in relation to your story. They're just stupid little youngsters with crappy parents, that's all. I don't even see why you'd waste money on a bunch of candy and then give it away for free to a gaggle of undeserving brats. I dunno, I was never really into Halloween.

Anyways, sorry to hear about your car man. That's pretty fucked that some ass would key you out of the blue, for no apparent reason. Happened to my buddy awhile back but then again he drove a '79 Impala and, well, bitches be running wild.

mrsmaalox
11-02-2009, 09:52 AM

Not necessarily! I live in Stone Oak, the richest (maybe 2nd richest now) zip code in SA. Mostly gated/guard shacked subdivisions. There's been in my area about one break in per year, and mostly kid type vandalism. But a couple of months ago we had a drive by shooting on my block! It turned out to be a fight between 2 kids at school that they brought home, but still. Then last Friday morning 3 people on our block woke up to broken car windows with stolen items. The problem I see in general in the city is the amount/placement of apartment complexes. The complexes in this area are very nice, "luxury, apartment homes" that provide affordable housing to mostly wonderful people. But they always bring into any neighborhood a less desirable element who couldn't afford to live there otherwise.

mrsmaalox
11-02-2009, 09:55 AM
Oops, I forgot to say sorry about your car chreph.

PM5K
11-02-2009, 09:58 AM
I live near The Rim and we have pretty tight security, sometimes they won't even let me in.

Kermit
11-02-2009, 10:01 AM
Maybe it was someone who hated Hyundais.

pawe
11-02-2009, 10:33 AM
A way to say buy American?

I. Hustle
11-02-2009, 10:39 AM
Effin' California putos! I'm with you bro. I hate all those California assholes that are moving down here. Just to let everyone know, Creph and Hustle hate the California refugees.

koriwhat
11-02-2009, 02:30 PM
nice car. finally a rwd ride that hyundai put out.

stretch
11-02-2009, 02:32 PM
lol keyed car

dirk4mvp
11-02-2009, 02:38 PM
b2b thread

sabar
11-02-2009, 04:33 PM
Not necessarily! I live in Stone Oak, the richest (maybe 2nd richest now) zip code in SA. Mostly gated/guard shacked subdivisions. There's been in my area about one break in per year, and mostly kid type vandalism. But a couple of months ago we had a drive by shooting on my block! It turned out to be a fight between 2 kids at school that they brought home, but still. Then last Friday morning 3 people on our block woke up to broken car windows with stolen items. The problem I see in general in the city is the amount/placement of apartment complexes. The complexes in this area are very nice, "luxury, apartment homes" that provide affordable housing to mostly wonderful people. But they always bring into any neighborhood a less desirable element who couldn't afford to live there otherwise.

I live in an upper-middle class gated community and it's really nice most of the time. You can leave the doors to your car unlocked kind of place. But still, teenagers and kids usually bring the undesirable element into the place. We had some drunk retards ripping through at 30 MPH at 2 am from halloween. There's these deep tire marks on my neighbors lawn, the guys just missed hitting his tree and house. There's skid marks all over the street too. Then the drunks pull over a few houses down and start laughing in the middle of the night about the whole thing.

So, there's only so much you can do to get away from the trash. I mean, as a whole you can usually price yourself away from the crime. When you drive around parts of San Antonio and homes have steel bars on all the windows with no mowed lawn and chain link fences, you kind of realize how good you have it.

xellos88330
11-02-2009, 05:55 PM
This is exactly why I will never buy a brand spankin new car. If I have an ugly ass car, then the odds of some punk getting jealous is pretty low. Hell, it might make it look better.

Twisted_Dawg
11-02-2009, 08:38 PM
Sorry about your car. We lived at Guilbeau/1604 for over five years (just moved less than 2 weeks ago) and never experienced any sign of trouble at all. I don't think that whole area is going downhill...maybe just your neighborhood?

yeah i have a friend who lives off tezel and its a really nice area

The Great Northwest subdivision isnt going downhill I know that. But go ahead and characterize that entire side of town as going downhill. Then again my subdivision is 30 years old + so I guess I should just ignore your comments anyway.

The areas in question is south of these three areas: Potranco at 1604 up to Culebra at 1604 area.

Effin' California putos! I'm with you bro. I hate all those California assholes that are moving down here. Just to let everyone know, Creph and Hustle hate the California refugees.

I don't think it is "Californians" doing the damage nor transplants from other states. I think it is locals whose families have been here.

All areas of town have issues, but I do business all over town and that area is rapidly going downhill fast.

Frenzy
11-02-2009, 09:21 PM
Maybe it was someone who hated Hyundais.
true.

when i was younger i keyed any volkswagen beetle I came across if given the opportunity...i just thought they looked stupid and wanted to be a jerk to the person driving it.