PDA

View Full Version : Former Nevada LP State Chair shot by police, is in critical condition

Galileo
11-02-2009, 12:04 AM
Former Nevada LP State Chair shot by police, is in critical condition

[PS - Jim is an acquaintance of mine, and is a very quiet, intelligent young man, and is a lawyer and licensed firearms instructor]

October 31st, 2009 · 80 Comments

Ballot Access News

On October 30, Jim Duensing, who was chairman of the Nevada Libertarian Party until March, 2009, was shot by a Las Vegas policeman after the police had stopped Duensing for making an illegal turn and some illegal lane changes. According to this newspaper story, he was in a rental car, and he bolted and ran away from the police. He is still alive but is in critical condition. Duensing was also a Libertarian nominee for U.S. House last year.

http://www.independentpoliticalreport.com/2009/10/former-nevada-lp-state-chair-shot-by-police-is-in-critical-condition/

____

Identity of man shot by LV police revealed

"But a witness disputed some of the police account of the shooting. Brandi Burks, 19, said she was standing outside her apartment complex on Cheyenne, west of the Michael Way intersection, when the shooting occurred.

Motorcycle officers had been patrolling the street heavily, pulling over speeders, she said.

She said the officer who pulled over the man chased him when he fled.

Burks said that as the man was running, he kept grabbing his pants, as if to hold them up. She said she did not see a gun and did not see the officer fire a Taser.

She said she saw the officer shoot the man in the back when the man reached the sidewalk. He went down, and officers handcuffed him, she said.

"They shot him in the back," she said. "He was just running."

Allen Lichtenstein, general counsel of the American Civil Liberties Union of Nevada, said those who survive police shootings are able to speak for themselves, unlike coroner's inquests conducted when someone dies.

The ACLU has been a frequent critic of the coroner's inquest process.

http://www.lvrj.com/news/identity-of-man-shot-by-lv-police-revealed-67906552.html

____

Jim Duensing Explains Shooting Incident

November 1st, 2009

Jim Duensing, who was shot by a Las Vegas policeman on October 30, and who is seeking the Libertarian Party nomination for U.S. Senate in 2010, has issued a detailed, clear explanation of the incident. He was running from the police because they had tasered him and seemed about to do it a second time. Duensing has heart problems. See Independent Political Report here and read comment #73, which is Duensing’s statement.

http://www.ballot-access.org/2009/11/01/jim-duensing-explains-shooting-incident/

____

Jim is also running for US Senate against Harry Reid:

Jim Duensing for Senate
Security, Prosperity, Liberty
http://www.hellforharry.com/

I think they were trying to kill him.

Galileo
11-02-2009, 01:28 AM
"The name of the officer who fired his weapon will be released 48 hours after the shooting, according to department policy.

He or she has been placed on paid administrative leave."

Galileo
11-02-2009, 01:49 AM
Results 1 - 10 of about 1,020 for "jim duensing" "libertarian party" nevada
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22jim+duensing%22+%22libertarian+party%22+nevad a&btnG=Search&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

ChumpDumper
11-02-2009, 06:08 AM
I think they were trying to kill him.Why?

"The name of the officer who fired his weapon will be released 48 hours after the shooting, according to department policy.

He or she has been placed on paid administrative leave."Standard policy.

If this guy didn't tell the cop he had a gun and a knife on him at the time, he deserved to be tased. Dude was probably bugging since he was about to be taken in for being a scofflaw.

boutons_deux
11-02-2009, 06:56 AM
What's his problem with being hit a second time with a NON-FATAL Taser? :lol

Tasers allow police literally to get away with 100s of murders of non-threatening civilians.

Galileo
11-02-2009, 07:42 AM
Why?

Well, he was shot in the back three times, and went down after the first shot.

:blah

ChumpDumper
11-02-2009, 10:42 AM

:blahSays who? That wasn't in the account you posted.

Galileo
11-02-2009, 11:49 AM
Libertarian 9/11 truth leader Jim Duensing shot in the back by cops

Jim Duensing, 2008 Congressional candidate and founder of the Libertarian 9/11 truth caucus Libertarians for Justice, is in critical condition after being repeatedly shot in the back and arm by a Las Vegas cop. Our prayers go out to Jim, who is recovering with his wife in the hospital and thankfully is expected to survive.

The standard police line about how the suspect was supposedly reaching for a gun, blah blah blah, was contradicted by an eyewitness: "They shot him in the back," she said. "He was just running."

If you don't like this post-9/11 post-Constitution USA where uniformed thugs feel free to shoot people in the back, please support Jim's two big causes, libertarianism and 9/11 truth.

Here's wishing Jim a speedy recovery. I'm looking forward to having him back on my radio shows ASAP God willing.

Posted by Kevin Barrett at 7:02 AM

http://truthjihad.blogspot.com/2009/11/libertarian-911-truth-leader-jim.html

ChumpDumper
11-02-2009, 11:56 AM
So it's not in that account either.

Galileo
11-02-2009, 02:33 PM
LP Activist Shot in the Back by Police; Local LP Throws Him Under the Bus

Posted by Eric Garris on November 2, 2009 01:01 PM

On October 30, Jim Duensing, former chairman of the Nevada Libertarian Party and currently the LP candidate for US Senate against Harry Reid, was shot in the back by a Las Vegas policeman after the police had stopped Duensing for making an illegal turn and some illegal lane changes.

Initial reports said that Duensing ran from the police and that a policeman shot him in the back after “he tried to pull a handgun from his pocket.” An eyewitness reported that he was not going for a gun, but was merely trying to keep his pants up while fleeing.

Duensing is recovering and reports (see comment #73 here) that he started running after the officer used a taser on him:

With my hands raised above my head, the cop shot me with a taser in the chest. As I have had heart problems since my premature birth, I believe a Taser to be a lethal weapon. Several people without heart conditions have been killed by this weapon.

When the taser began electrocuting me, instinct took over….

I immediately turned to my left and began moving away from the source of the electrocution. By the time I got to the back of the vehicle, I had reached up with both hands, grabbed the electrodes, and pulled them away from my chest. The juice then flowed through my arms – not my heart. As I lay here in my hospital bed, I firmly believe this instinct saved my life.

I continued running away from the taser. I heard the cop fire it again, but did not feel an additional shock. I was running down the sidewalk with empty hands. I heard three pops from behind me.

(Read the rest of Duensing’s detailed narrative here.)

Before talking to Duensing or trying to verify any information, the local Libertarian Party issued the following in a press release:

The Libertarian Party of Clark County has no information, other than what the local media has reported, regarding the officer involved shooting of Raymond “Jim” Duensing.

Until the events surrounding this incident are fully investigated, we will refrain from making any further statements.

The Libertarian Party of Clark County does not advocate fleeing the police as a means of peaceful conflict resolution. Raymond “Jim” Duensing, although a past officer of the party, holds no official standing within our party as an elected officer. Our thoughts go out to Jim Duensing, his family, and the officer involved in this incident (emphasis added).

Nathan Santucci, Chair, Clark County Libertarian Party

According to Duensing, “the CCLP had not issued a press release in years. I’m not sure why it felt compelled to issue one in this instance which contained misstatements of fact and which clearly tried to distance the CCLP from one of its members. Although, not an officer, I am a voting member of the CCLP excomm. Needless to say, my editing advice was not sought on the press release before it was issued.”

Duensing asks that, instead of flowers, please send contributions to his campaign at HellForHarry.com.

Reddit • Digg this • Stumble It • Shout It • Add to Mixx • Discuss on Newsvine

« Previous: LRC = Daily Invaluable Info | LRC Home | LRC Blog

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/041902.html

hope4dopes
11-02-2009, 02:46 PM

:blahWhat's your take on it G.

panic giraffe
11-02-2009, 03:10 PM
its not like they had his ID or had any clue as to who it was since he was in a rental.
not trying to say that you're jumping to conclussions with the whole "i think they were trying to kill him" thing, but haven't seen anything in the articles you posted to make me think otherwise.

for all they knew he made the illegal turns trying to run from the cop, and was some meth dealer or something trying to make a run for it.

god i feel dirty just defending a cop. gotta go shower.

panic giraffe
11-02-2009, 03:10 PM
damn double post.

Galileo
11-02-2009, 03:55 PM
its not like they had his ID or had any clue as to who it was since he was in a rental.
not trying to say that you're jumping to conclussions with the whole "i think they were trying to kill him" thing, but haven't seen anything in the articles you posted to make me think otherwise.

for all they knew he made the illegal turns trying to run from the cop, and was some meth dealer or something trying to make a run for it.

god i feel dirty just defending a cop. gotta go shower.

did you miss the part where they shot him three times in the back?

Jim is lucky to be alive, and very lucky his spine, heart, liver, spleen, lungs, or major artery was not hit.

If they were not shooting to kill, they would have aimed for his legs.

panic giraffe
11-02-2009, 04:09 PM
did you miss the part where they shot him three times in the back?

Jim is lucky to be alive, and very lucky his spine, heart, liver, spleen, lungs, or major artery was not hit.

If they were not shooting to kill, they would have aimed for his legs.

i'm not saying that the cops weren't in the wrong.

just saying that they would probably have done the same to anyone who was pulled over and decided to make a run for it. which is still wrong.

i just wanted to get away from the implication that he was shot down for his political ideology if thats where you were going with this.

hope he recovers, said it before, the state shouldn't have a right to kill in any situation beside war. a simple tase or mace should have got him down.

Galileo
11-02-2009, 04:17 PM
i'm not saying that the cops weren't in the wrong.

just saying that they would probably have done the same to anyone who was pulled over and decided to make a run for it. which is still wrong.

i just wanted to get away from the implication that he was shot down for his political ideology if thats where you were going with this.

hope he recovers, said it before, the state shouldn't have a right to kill in any situation beside war. a simple tase or mace should have got him down.

It is settled Supreme Court law that you cannot shoot a fleeing suspect, unless they are an immediate threat.

Good luck, cops.

panic giraffe
11-02-2009, 04:34 PM
It is settled Supreme Court law that you cannot shoot a fleeing suspect, unless they are an immediate threat.

Good luck, cops.

if that is the case, then your friend will be a rich man after serving time for evading.

Wild Cobra
11-02-2009, 04:53 PM
if that is the case, then your friend will be a rich man after serving time for evading.
He might not serve time.

Why did the officer Taze him?

Did he do anything illegal other than the traffic infraction?

A point can be made like he said, that instinct took over.

I think this cop is going to jail.

jack sommerset
11-02-2009, 05:01 PM
Probably on crack

Wild Cobra
11-02-2009, 05:08 PM
You know, the thing that had me wondering was having to hold ihis pants up. I'm thinking the "prison fairy" pants the way young people wear them today. Then i looked at a pic of the guy. I guess he's just chubby, and doesn't wear suspenders.

http://www.voteforachange.us/candidates/images/duensing_full.jpg

jack sommerset
11-02-2009, 05:16 PM
You know, the thing that had me wondering was having to hold ihis pants up. I'm thinking the "prison fairy" pants the way young people wear them today. Then i looked at a pic of the guy. I guess he's just chubby, and doesn't wear suspenders.

http://www.voteforachange.us/candidates/images/duensing_full.jpg

Wait....A white dude getting shot by the police! No fucking way.

Wild Cobra
11-02-2009, 05:23 PM
Wait....A white dude getting shot by the police! No fucking way.
That's what you get when you run against a democrat for congress I guess.

clambake
11-02-2009, 05:26 PM
white guys with their pants down are usually republicans in the closet.

ChumpDumper
11-02-2009, 06:46 PM
It is settled Supreme Court law that you cannot shoot a fleeing suspect, unless they are an immediate threat.Which Supreme Court decision was that?

Dude is obviously leaving details out of his story, like what precipitated the tasing.

ChumpDumper
11-02-2009, 06:47 PM
That's what you get when you run against a democrat for congress I guess.So you're accusing the police of a politically motivated shooting orchestrated by Democrats.

EmptyMan
11-02-2009, 06:48 PM
The cops were obviously black.

Galileo
11-03-2009, 03:40 PM
TRAFFIC STOP: Shooting accounts conflict

Attorney denies police report he pulled gun from pocket

The attorney who was shot multiple times by a Las Vegas police officer during a traffic stop last week denies that he pulled a gun from his pocket, as police said he did.

Raymond James "Jim" Duensing, a 32-year-old lawyer who unsuccessfully ran for Congress, on Sunday used a political Web site to post his account of what happened before the shooting.

READ THE REST:

http://www.lvrj.com/news/shooting-accounts-conflict-68834087.html

ChumpDumper
11-03-2009, 03:55 PM
This Duensing nut's story is a steaming pile of poo. I hope he gets a lot of prison time.

Galileo
11-03-2009, 04:36 PM
this duensing nut's story is a steaming pile of poo. I hope he gets a lot of prison time.

bring on the video cam!

Galileo
11-03-2009, 04:38 PM
Man Shot by Officer Speaks Out

The man who was shot by a Metro police officer is speaking out. 32-year-old Raymond James Duensing used a website to recount his version of what happend when he was shot. He claims that he was pulled over on Cheyenne Ave just West of Michael Way by motorcycle officer David Gilbert. Gilbert allegedly stopped him for driving through an intersection in a right turn only lane. He claims that he stepped out of the vehicle with his arms above his head and thats when the officer used his Taser. Duesning says he pulled the taser prongs from his chest and out of instinct started to run, that's when he was shot. He did have a knife and gun on him but he claims he never took them out. Gilbert has been placed on administrative leave and an investigation is pending.

http://www.kxnt.com/Man-Shot-by-Officer-Speaks-Out/5586504

ChumpDumper
11-03-2009, 04:46 PM
bring on the video cam!At this point, I'll just take the more plausible story. Oddly enough, it isn't the truther's.

Wild Cobra
11-03-2009, 04:54 PM
There is a very important aspect to this story unsaid.

If Duensing is licensed to carry a conceiled weapon, then it would have popped up on the police computer as soon as the officer ran his license. At this point, things change. It can easily be argued the officer knew he most likely had a waepon on his person. Did the office inquire at all about the weapon I wonder when he knew he had an outstanding traffic ticket?

Trust me. It would have come up if he is a legal conceal carry, and the officer is in a shitload of trouble.

Now if he isn't a legal coneal carry, he is in a shitload of trouble.

Galileo
11-03-2009, 04:54 PM
Man Shot By Vegas Police Denies Pulling Gun

A former Libertarian congressional candidate on Tuesday denied police accounts that he pulled a gun while running from a Las Vegas police officer who shot him last week.

Raymond James Duensing Jr. said he was the author of a Web posting that acknowledged he had a gun and a knife in his pockets when he ran from Officer David Gilbert after he was stopped in a rental car for a traffic violation. He also wrote that he always carries a gun and at least one knife, and that his gun was licensed and registered.

"I NEVER pulled either of these items out of my pockets," he wrote.

READ THE REST:

http://cbs13.com/wireapnewsca/Ex.congressional.candidate.2.1288951.html

____

Candidate: Arrest, Taser 'Quite Painful'

Duensing Ran For Congress In 2008

An attorney who plans to challenge Sen. Harry Reid in 2010 claimed his recent arrest during a traffic stop in Las Vegas left him with a broken arm.

In an online statement to supporters, Raymond “James” Duensing denied pulling a gun from his pocket when he was approached by officers last week in the area of Cheyenne Avenue and Michael Way.

He admitted, however, having a registered pistol in one pocket and a folding knife in another.

Duensing said he was pulled over for driving through an intersection in a right turn only lane. He was also questioned about an unpaid traffic ticket.

After he was pulled over, police said Duensing was uncooperative and forced the officer to shoot him with his Taser. Duensing claimed he was “calmly speaking” to the officer and did nothing to provoke him.

“With my hands raised above my head, the cop shot me with a Taser in the chest,” he said in a statement. “Let me tell you, it’s quite painful.”

Metro police have not commented on the investigation.

After he is released from the hospital, Duensing plans to renew his pursuit of Reid’s senate seat. In 2008, he ran unsuccessfully for Congress as a Libertarian, garnering only 2 percent of the vote against popular Democrat Shelley Berkley.

http://www.fox5vegas.com/news/21507755/detail.html

ChumpDumper
11-03-2009, 04:56 PM
I'm sure most of the shenanigans started when the cop asked Douching about the gun in his pants -- or if he was just happy to see him.

Galileo
11-03-2009, 05:14 PM
There is a very important aspect to this story unsaid.

If Duensing is licensed to carry a conceiled weapon, then it would have popped up on the police computer as soon as the officer ran his license. At this point, things change. It can easily be argued the officer knew he most likely had a waepon on his person. Did the office inquire at all about the weapon I wonder when he knew he had an outstanding traffic ticket?

Trust me. It would have come up if he is a legal conceal carry, and the officer is in a shitload of trouble.

Now if he isn't a legal coneal carry, he is in a shitload of trouble.

Good point, Wild Cobra. Jim does have a concealed carry permit.

Galileo
11-03-2009, 05:15 PM
At this point, I'll just take the more plausible story. Oddly enough, it isn't the truther's.

even thought the eyewitness said he didn't pull a gun and was shot in the back. And the bullet holes entered his back.

ChumpDumper
11-03-2009, 05:19 PM
even thought the eyewitness said he didn't pull a gun and was shot in the back. And the bullet holes entered his back.The eyewitness didn't see him get tased, so according to you that didn't happen either.

If the cop from another traffic stop shot him, it is conceivable that all that cop knew was he was running with a gun from a confrontation with another cop.

Douching shouldn't have run.

Galileo
11-03-2009, 05:40 PM
Quote of the Week Regarding Jim Duensing by MelissaWV:

"Holy wow this guy is Rambo! He was simultaneously running, holding his pants up, pulling a handgun AND pulling a folding knife! These cops were certainly in mortal danger, because someone this awesome was OBVIOUSLY going to shoot over his shoulder, like in the movies, and hit one of them squarely between the eyes, while flinging his knife and piercing the other one's heart. Then he was going to leap into a getaway vehicle driven by a beautiful woman, and threaten our freedom!"

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=2393354&postcount=23

Galileo
11-03-2009, 05:40 PM
The eyewitness didn't see him get tased, so according to you that didn't happen either.

If the cop from another traffic stop shot him, it is conceivable that all that cop knew was he was running with a gun from a confrontation with another cop.

Douching shouldn't have run.

That happened before he started running.

hope4dopes
11-03-2009, 05:42 PM
Quote of the Week Regarding Jim Duensing by MelissaWV:

"Holy wow this guy is Rambo! He was simultaneously running, holding his pants up, pulling a handgun AND pulling a folding knife! These cops were certainly in mortal danger, because someone this awesome was OBVIOUSLY going to shoot over his shoulder, like in the movies, and hit one of them squarely between the eyes, while flinging his knife and piercing the other one's heart. Then he was going to leap into a getaway vehicle driven by a beautiful woman, and threaten our freedom!"

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=2393354&postcount=23 why you think they shot him....he just mouthed off, or do you think it was because of his political assperations.

ChumpDumper
11-03-2009, 05:43 PM
That happened before he started running.No shit.

Most likely Douching started talking shit to a cop while obviously packing.

Pretty stupid, but given his political resume', not wholly unexpected.

Wild Cobra
11-03-2009, 06:04 PM
why you think they shot him....he just mouthed off, or do you think it was because of his political assperations.
I wonder what connections the cop has to Harry gReid/

ChumpDumper
11-03-2009, 06:07 PM
I wonder what connections the cop has to Harry gReid/You're an idiot.

Galileo
11-04-2009, 03:42 PM
Jim Duensing Shooting Story Grows Legs

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_1_WxkOeIxkk/SvDmb65bNNI/AAAAAAAAAKA/nBqMcrgrN24/s1600-h/maniac+cop.jpg

http://truthjihad.blogspot.com/2009/11/jim-duensing-shooting-story-grows-legs.html

ChumpDumper
11-04-2009, 03:48 PM
Along with avoiding all mention of TruthJihad.com,Boo-hoo.
the Review-Journal studiously neglected to mention the VERY IMPORTANT FACT that Jim Duensing IS RUNNING FOR SENATE AGAINST THE SENATOR FROM LA COSA NOSTRA, HARRY REID.
Duensing unsuccessfully ran for Congress against Shelley Berkley, D-Nev., in 2008, 2006 and 2004, generally garnering 2 percent to 3 percent of the vote. He has declared he is running against Harry Reid for the Democratic majority leader's Senate seat next year.http://www.lvrj.com/news/shooting-accounts-conflict-68834087.html

"TruthJihad blog grows nose"

Galileo
11-05-2009, 01:16 PM
"They shot him in the back."

See Jim recovering at the hospital, and with Dylan Avery at the 2008 Libertarian Leadership Conference:

http://www.liberty-watch.com/2010/1/duensing.php

also....

Read the Official Police Press Release of October 30:

http://www.lvmpd.com/news/pdfs/2009/103009release.pdf

Homeland Security
11-05-2009, 01:34 PM
I don't know why Rolph Lindgren, aka Galileo, multiple DWI convict and notorious Libertarian Truther nut from Wisconsin, has any credibility here whatsoever.

It's a shame that the Libertarian movement devolved into such a cesspool of deranged conspiracy theory freaks from the dregs of society.

Homeland Security
11-05-2009, 01:35 PM
P.S. I totally support shooting such people simply out of principle.

Galileo
11-05-2009, 02:13 PM
Had enough to drink today? David Gilbert must have been wasted off his ass when he shot Duensing in cold blood.

doobs
11-05-2009, 02:28 PM
What does Bed Thompson think of this?

Galileo
11-05-2009, 03:29 PM
What does Bed Thompson think of this?

He is Outraged!

ChumpDumper
11-05-2009, 03:38 PM
Read the Official Police Press Release of October 30:

http://www.lvmpd.com/news/pdfs/2009/103009release.pdfI believe the police report more than Douching.

Wild Cobra
11-05-2009, 04:33 PM
I don't know why Rolph Lindgren, aka Galileo, multiple DWI convict and notorious Libertarian Truther nut from Wisconsin, has any credibility here whatsoever.

It's a shame that the Libertarian movement devolved into such a cesspool of deranged conspiracy theory freaks from the dregs of society.

I agree he is a nutcase, and generally on the wrong side of things. In this case, I think he is right about the shooting.

ChumpDumper
11-05-2009, 04:36 PM
I agree he is a nutcase, and generally on the wrong side of things. In this case, I think he is right about the shooting.Because you want to tie it to Harry Reid. :lmao

Galileo
11-05-2009, 04:42 PM
I agree he is a nutcase, and generally on the wrong side of things. In this case, I think he is right about the shooting.

I met Lindgren once. He has an IQ of 183 and has a really hot girlfriend.

http://www.onemodelplace.com/member.cfm?ID=30043

ChumpDumper
11-05-2009, 04:43 PM

http://www.onemodelplace.com/member.cfm?ID=30043how many DWI/DUI convictions do you have?

admiralsnackbar
11-05-2009, 04:46 PM
When I think Harry Reid, I think Machiavellian plot hatcher. Now where's that Borat smilie...

Homeland Security
11-05-2009, 05:56 PM

http://www.onemodelplace.com/member.cfm?ID=30043
Congratulations on your butterface porn star. Think how much cheaper the antibiotics will be once we get nationalized health care!

Galileo
11-05-2009, 10:48 PM
Cop who shot Jim Duensing linked to terrorist group?

The Las Vegas cop who shot Libertarian senatorial candidate Jim Duensing in the back may be linked to terrorism, according to internet sleuth "Guy Fawkes." A post at Veterans for Secure Borders by a "David Gilbert, Nevada, E-6, US ARMY, 12" offers proof that a police officer named David Gilbert from Nevada was a long-time member of the world's leading terrorist group.

http://truthjihad.blogspot.com/2009/11/cop-who-shot-jim-duensing-linked-to.html

ChumpDumper
11-06-2009, 12:23 AM
internet sleuth

EmptyMan
11-06-2009, 09:08 AM
OMG...

They've got V on this case. That cop is fucked. He's going to get one of those ninja turtle 3-pronged mini swords in HIS back.

Galileo
11-06-2009, 10:26 AM
When the People fear the government, there is tyranny.

When the government fears the People, there is Liberty.

When the People love the government, there is Big Brother.

When the People love Galileo, there is Liberty!

Galileo
11-07-2009, 12:14 PM
Why the Innocent Flee From the Police

by William Norman Grigg

"Why did he run?" This question thrusts itself upon us every time an unarmed or otherwise harmless person is gunned down while fleeing from police.

Often that inquiry takes the form that assumes the guilt of the victim:

"If he did nothing wrong, why did he run?"

It's also common for that second version to contort itself into a nicely circular argument:

"Well, he ran, and resisting arrest is a crime, so obviously he got what was coming to him."

For reasons unclear to a mind not enthralled by statist assumptions, most people simply assume that both reason and morality dictate an unqualified duty to surrender without cavil or complaint whenever armed, violence-prone strangers in peculiar government-issued garb seek to restrain one of us.

This is why police are trained to interpret any hesitation, reluctance to cooperate, inhospitable body language, or verbal expression of resentment as "resisting arrest" and thus a justification for the use of "pain compliance" – or even lethal force. Police and their apologists likewise insist – contrary to both law and judicial precedent – that there is no right to resist even a clearly unwarranted or abusive arrest, or even for a citizen to take steps to protect himself when he's on the receiving end of unjustified physical violence from police.Police are constantly catechized about the dangers they encounter when they conduct traffic stops or detain people on the street. Why, the random "civilian" they encounter might be armed, trained in the use of weapons, and prepared to use violence without warning! This is to say that this hypothetical "civilian" would be ... just like the typical police officer.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/grigg/grigg-w115.html

ChumpDumper
11-07-2009, 03:41 PM
"Why did he run?" This question thrusts itself upon us every time an unarmed or otherwise harmless person is gunned down while fleeing from police.Douching was armed.

Galileo
11-07-2009, 04:37 PM
Douching was armed.

he was helpless as his back was turned.

Unless you think he should have started a shootout.

ChumpDumper
11-07-2009, 06:12 PM
I think he might have started a shootout since he was going for his gun. Kudos to the cops for taking out this dangerous psychopath.

Galileo
11-07-2009, 06:45 PM
I think he might have started a shootout since he was going for his gun. Kudos to the cops for taking out this dangerous psychopath.

yeh, he's real dangerous. He just graduated from law school and is a candidate for office. That's how you are supposed to attempt polical change.

ChumpDumper
11-07-2009, 07:11 PM
yeh, he's real dangerous. He just graduated from law school and is a candidate for office. That's how you are supposed to attempt polical change.He would never have won anything. He was shot because he was pulling a gun at a traffic stop because he didn't pay previous ticket and was going to jail. He is too violent and dangerous to be elected for anything.

Galileo
11-07-2009, 09:43 PM
He would never have won anything. He was shot because he was pulling a gun at a traffic stop because he didn't pay previous ticket and was going to jail. He is too violent and dangerous to be elected for anything.

Can you also do the goose step?

Oh, Gee!!
11-09-2009, 02:32 PM
clearly an act of terror

ChumpDumper
11-09-2009, 02:34 PM
Can you also do the goose step?No. I don't pull guns on cops, either.

That makes me better and smarter than Douching.

Wild Cobra
11-19-2009, 10:34 PM
What's the latest?

Winehole23
11-19-2009, 11:24 PM
Harry Reid ordered the hit. He has mob ties.