PDA

View Full Version : Paranormal Activity

CubanSucks
11-02-2009, 12:31 AM
FUCKED UP. None of the trailers I saw did it justice so all I'll say is everyone must see it. For those of you who did see it, what part do you consider the scariest? For me it was, I think like the 3rd night that's shown, when they hear the scream. That scream in their room was the beginning of the end for them as far as most fucked up shit.

Slydragon
11-02-2009, 12:56 AM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/search.php?searchid=1585088

sook
11-02-2009, 02:27 AM
wow, how do people find this scary? Normally when stuff is done documentary style you think its real. But you go in knowing its not real. So why the fuck do people in the theater scream when the light turns on by itself?

SA210
11-02-2009, 04:58 AM
Movies aren't scary anymore.

AussieFanKurt
11-02-2009, 06:37 AM
its pretty freakyyyy.
not horrifying but well done

Drachen
11-02-2009, 09:32 AM
really? I sat their deadpan the entire time except when I was making fun of it. I can't believe this scared anyone. The commercial made it look alright, but it turns out that all of the "scary" parts are included in that commercial. They should have just made a 3 minute youtube video and been done with it.

It reminds me of one time when I was living at my parents house and I was uh inebriated. Me and my friends were sitting outside talking and watching the polaris clean the pool. Every once in a while the polaris' "tail" would flick up out of the water and spray and my friends would jump back. I hatched a plan for this idea where I would make a preview with strobing effects and really dramatic music. It would show darkness and the pool then every once in awhile you would hear the tail come out of the water and see the spray while you hear a scream. Then it would all fade to black and the word "Poolman" would fade in but in letters that looked like water that would then turn red. I would get a ton of people to buy tickets to the movie, make a ton of money, then they go to the theater and its just two hours of the Polaris cleaning my parents pool.

Paranormal Activity is only ever so slightly more enjoyable than that.

bigzak25
11-02-2009, 09:39 AM
downloaded and watched it and it sucked and i thank god i was able to fast forward or it would have sucked more.

chick had nice cleavage though.

koriwhat
11-02-2009, 02:21 PM
worst movie ever!

Whisky Dog
11-02-2009, 02:26 PM
The only thing that scared me was the prices they charge to see this shit.

xtremesteven33
11-02-2009, 02:45 PM
really? I sat their deadpan the entire time except when I was making fun of it. I can't believe this scared anyone. The commercial made it look alright, but it turns out that all of the "scary" parts are included in that commercial. They should have just made a 3 minute youtube video and been done with it.

It reminds me of one time when I was living at my parents house and I was uh inebriated. Me and my friends were sitting outside talking and watching the polaris clean the pool. Every once in a while the polaris' "tail" would flick up out of the water and spray and my friends would jump back. I hatched a plan for this idea where I would make a preview with strobing effects and really dramatic music. It would show darkness and the pool then every once in awhile you would hear the tail come out of the water and see the spray while you hear a scream. Then it would all fade to black and the word "Poolman" would fade in but in letters that looked like water that would then turn red. I would get a ton of people to buy tickets to the movie, make a ton of money, then they go to the theater and its just two hours of the Polaris cleaning my parents pool.

Paranormal Activity is only ever so slightly more enjoyable than that.

This.

worst movie ever!

This.

This.

AussieFanKurt
11-02-2009, 03:44 PM
chick had nice cleavage though.

spot on

Melmart1
11-02-2009, 03:45 PM
It certainly didn't live up to the hype, imho. But then again, nothing really could. Trying to look at it away from the hype, it was scarier than what passes for scary movies lately, though admittedly that isn't saying much.

The only really creepy thing that I absolutely wanted to get out of my head was the images of the excorcism where that girl was biting her own arms off. That really creeped me out! But that's the only part that really got to me.

katyon6th
11-02-2009, 03:49 PM
I'm just so surprised this wasn't actually real!

koriwhat
11-02-2009, 03:51 PM
I'm just so surprised this wasn't actually real!

spot on! :lol

I. Hustle
11-02-2009, 04:01 PM
Who was the chick with the nice rack? Someone tell me or post a pic so I don't have to see the movie lol

La Peace
11-02-2009, 04:10 PM
FUCKED UP.

Uhhhhh

GREED!

:downspin:

Drachen
11-02-2009, 04:27 PM

I heard on the radio last monday that this had raked in 62.5 million and this was before the inevitable Halloween bump. They also mentioned that it cost 15k to make. To paraphrase Chris Rock's quote about the Blair witch project "makes you wonder where the other 14k went."

Dr Cox
11-03-2009, 01:36 PM
end was freaky, but movie all together wasnt scary to me ..if i was that boy friend i would have left that bitch real quick

AussieFanKurt
11-03-2009, 06:14 PM
It indeed is freaky. But yeah more things to make it scary/freaky could have been done but apparently another one is in the works

The Franchise
11-03-2009, 06:57 PM

This is almost exactly what I said in the other thread calling this home movie bullshit scary.

JudynTX
11-08-2009, 11:39 AM
We finally saw it last night. So was this a true story? :lol

Anyway, the only part that scared me was when she was getting pulled out of the bed and dragged away. WTF

Otherwise it was ok.

Drachen
11-08-2009, 12:12 PM
So I watched Ju-On (the Japanese version of the grudge), it wasn't much better than paranormal activity. The main difference being that it was production quality, but it was boring too. I am tired of people saying that japanese horror films are so fucked up. They are just as boring as American films.

This wasn't meant to be a thread hijack, BTW. The subjects are related in my mind since I just recently saw both and was bored outta my mind by both.

TheMACHINE
12-01-2010, 04:48 PM
Just watched it....boring. Is part 2 any better?

The Reckoning
12-01-2010, 05:51 PM
rofl cubansucks likes shitty movies. no surprise there.

Texas_Ranger
12-01-2010, 06:24 PM
Boring and not scary.