Stringer_Bell
11-02-2009, 08:06 PM
Main Card
Light Heavyweight bout: Randy Couture vs. Brandon Vera
Welterweight bout: Mike Swick vs. Dan Hardy
Middleweight bout: Michael Bisping vs. Denis Kang

Preliminary Card
Lightweight bout: Terry Etim vs. Shannon Gugerty

From now on, I only make picks I know for sure :)

djohn14
11-02-2009, 08:46 PM
Welterweight bout: James Wilks vs. Matt Brown
Lightweight bout: Andre Winner vs. Rolando Delgado

tlongII
11-02-2009, 09:50 PM
I DO like the card! Hope Randy wins, but I don't think he will.

dallaskd
11-02-2009, 10:22 PM
Bisping over Kang? Hardy over Swick? really.. come on now people..

BlackSwordsMan
11-02-2009, 10:31 PM
gina carano sighting hopefully

polandprzem
11-03-2009, 02:20 AM
Main card

Lightweight bout: Ross Pearson vs. Aaron Riley

Preliminary Card

Lightweight bout: Terry Etim vs. Shannon Gugerty
Welterweight bout: Paul Taylor vs. John Hathaway
Welterweight bout: Nick Osipczak vs. Matthew Riddle
Lightweight bout: Paul Kelly vs. Dennis Siver
Light Heavyweight bout: Alexander Gustafsson vs. Jared Hamman
Lightweight bout: Andre Winner vs. Rolando Delgado

djohn14
11-03-2009, 04:21 PM

Yeah...although i want Kang to beat Bisping...I dont see it happening. And I dont know...Swick and Hardy will be a good fight.

BlackSwordsMan
11-03-2009, 05:21 PM
why didn't dana try and compete with showtime like he always does for this card?

dallaskd
11-03-2009, 07:25 PM
Yeah...although i want Kang to beat Bisping...I dont see it happening. And I dont know...Swick and Hardy will be a good fight.

How do you guys see Bisping beating Kang? Is it just because of Kang's loss to Belcher? IMO before that fight most people would have probably thought Kang would run through Bisping.

I think he just had some ring rust and it was his UFC debut. He looked good in his last fight.. Bisping just got KO'd for the first time. Who knows how he will bounce back. Kang via sub here..

dbreiden83080
11-03-2009, 08:37 PM
Main Card

Light Heavyweight bout: Randy Couture vs. Brandon Vera-Tough call i'll take Vera with the striking and assume Randy won't just outwrestle him for 3 rds, but it's a close call.. Must win fight for Vera..

Welterweight bout: Mike Swick vs. Dan Hardy- Tough fight to pick i think. I really like Hardy a lot, he impressed me in the Davis fight but i think that Swick is more ready for this fight and a title shot..

Middleweight bout: Michael Bisping vs. Denis Kang -Kang's a good experienced fighter, he'll be confident with that punk Bisping, hope he never wins another UFC fight. I hate him that much..

ezau
11-03-2009, 10:54 PM
Vera needs to win this if he wants to remain as a contender in his division. Age will be an issue for Couture though. I hope this doesn't look like a snoozefest just like the recent Vera fights

desflood
11-03-2009, 11:34 PM

Randy's age has caught up to him, but Vera doesn't have half the heart Couture does. That's what will make the difference in this fight.

dbreiden83080
11-04-2009, 04:24 AM

Randy's age has caught up to him, but Vera doesn't have half the heart Couture does. That's what will make the difference in this fight.

If Randy can't get the clinch he is getting KTFO..

djohn14
11-04-2009, 07:56 AM
How do you guys see Bisping beating Kang? Is it just because of Kang's loss to Belcher? IMO before that fight most people would have probably thought Kang would run through Bisping.

I think he just had some ring rust and it was his UFC debut. He looked good in his last fight.. Bisping just got KO'd for the first time. Who knows how he will bounce back. Kang via sub here..

Well, I think they are both overrated. I just see them both as being slightly above average fighters. Although talented...Im not so sure that was just rust that made Kang look bad. I hope Im wrong because when he signed with the UFC I was one of his biggest fans.

dallaskd
11-04-2009, 08:12 PM
If Randy can't get the clinch he is getting KTFO..

LOL Vera couldnt knock out Michael Patt, Reese Andy, Jardine, or Soszynski

dallaskd
11-04-2009, 08:14 PM
Well, I think they are both overrated. I just see them both as being slightly above average fighters. Although talented...Im not so sure that was just rust that made Kang look bad. I hope Im wrong because when he signed with the UFC I was one of his biggest fans.

When Kang recieved any hype? I think he is underrated. Barely any casual fans know who he is.

dbreiden83080
11-05-2009, 04:28 PM
LOL Vera couldnt knock out Michael Patt, Reese Andy, Jardine, or Soszynski

HE has the abilty to to do it, his talent is huge. He KO'd Mir with ease, this is a must win for him, Randy hasn't looked good at all lately..

dallaskd
11-05-2009, 04:37 PM
HE has the abilty to to do it, his talent is huge. He KO'd Mir with ease, this is a must win for him, Randy hasn't looked good at all lately..

yeah he KO'd Mir when Frank had been out of fighting for 2 years with a piece of shit decision over Dan Christison and another KO loss to Cruz. I dont give Vera much credit for that win. I have trouble riding the Mir dick like everyone else does to begin with. Point is Vera has showed ZERO hands in his last 6 fights, although he has shown some great leg kicks. Randy took care of Sylvia with ease and Vera was outclassed by him. My prediction is Randy will dirty box him and catch Vera's kicks and beat him up for 3 rounds. Only way I see Vera winning is if he catches Couture with a knee in the thai clinch. Vera just really doesnt have that much power. Outside of the bogus Mir fight he has never KO'd or TKO'd someone signifigant.

atxrocker
11-08-2009, 07:14 PM
I'm hoping that Vera takes care of business. I agree with those saying that this is a must win for him.

dbreiden83080
11-09-2009, 04:26 PM
yeah he KO'd Mir when Frank had been out of fighting for 2 years with a piece of shit decision over Dan Christison and another KO loss to Cruz. I dont give Vera much credit for that win. I have trouble riding the Mir dick like everyone else does to begin with. Point is Vera has showed ZERO hands in his last 6 fights, although he has shown some great leg kicks. Randy took care of Sylvia with ease and Vera was outclassed by him. My prediction is Randy will dirty box him and catch Vera's kicks and beat him up for 3 rounds. Only way I see Vera winning is if he catches Couture with a knee in the thai clinch. Vera just really doesnt have that much power. Outside of the bogus Mir fight he has never KO'd or TKO'd someone signifigant.

I'm actually thinking of changing to Randy after i saw an interview with Vera where he says he had "No intention to fight when he was called about the fight, since it was only 9 weeks out, and only took it because it was Randy" He is pretty weak mentally..

oligarchy
11-09-2009, 05:17 PM
Welterweight bout: James Wilks] vs. Matt Brown

TheTruth
11-09-2009, 05:40 PM
I'm going for the guy I'm named after.

FILIPINO!!!

dbreiden83080
11-11-2009, 04:51 PM
Can't wait for the fights this weekend..

N8tyAU0G8Jk

kks1F-J46wU&feature=channel

desflood
11-13-2009, 10:06 AM
Live weigh-ins this morning at 1000.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/ufc105-live-weighin-press-conference-video.asp

Evan
11-13-2009, 06:08 PM
LHW: Brandon Vera (204) vs. Randy Couture (204)

WW: Dan Hardy (171) vs. Mike Swick (170)

MW: Denis Kang (185) vs. Michael Bisping (186)

WW: Matt Brown (170) vs. James Wilks (169)

LW: Aaron Riley (155) vs. Ross Pearson (156)

WW: John Hathaway (170) vs. Paul Taylor (170)

LW: Shannon Gugerty (155) vs. Terry Etim (155)

WW: Matthew Riddle (171) vs. Nick Osipczak (170)

LW: Dennis Siver (155) vs. Paul Kelly (156)

LHW: Jared Hamman (204) vs. Alexander Gustafsson (203)

LW: Rolando Delgado (156) vs. Andre Winner (155)

Vera
Paul Kelly
Hardy
Bisping
Brown

cornbread
11-14-2009, 12:04 PM
Couture
Kang
Swick
Wilks
Winner

dbreiden83080
11-14-2009, 12:21 PM
Avoid Spoilers, starts soon in the UK, will air on tape delay on Spike at 8 ET..

polandprzem
11-14-2009, 03:14 PM
I can't make spoilers?

:pctoss

polandprzem
11-14-2009, 04:29 PM
fuck I got pissed damn you for winning this

Behrooz24
11-14-2009, 05:46 PM
I watched the live stream....good fights.

TheTruth
11-14-2009, 06:26 PM
Once again, awful judging.

This is a big problem for the UFC.

TheTruth
11-14-2009, 06:27 PM
double post

polandprzem
11-14-2009, 07:28 PM
Once again, awful judging.

This is a big problem for the UFC.

naaah much

dallaskd
11-14-2009, 07:42 PM
wow fuck you guys with the spoilers. gtfo

Rip-Hamilton32
11-14-2009, 07:48 PM
^^ no one mentioned who won any of the fights

polandprzem
11-14-2009, 08:11 PM
^^ no one mentioned who won any of the fights

Those dallas fans are so nervous :rolleyes

:D

polandprzem
11-14-2009, 08:18 PM
btw. I'm not going into the forum when I know there can be spoilers

Most events I must watch at night and I'm doing it but sometimes [tuf as an exc] I watch it in the morning so i do not look into the forum.
I'm not doing a big halo out of it.

TheTruth
11-14-2009, 08:27 PM
wow fuck you guys with the spoilers. gtfo

Stfu. Point out a spoiler. Please...

dallaskd
11-14-2009, 08:38 PM
well obviously the main event went to a decision. i dont know who won, but now i lost the excitement of a KO or sub.

EDIT: I got angry my bad :lol

dallaskd
11-14-2009, 08:52 PM
matt brown is a badass.

dallaskd
11-14-2009, 09:34 PM
Rogan said "hip escape" about 15 times in first round. We get it dude, you know what a hip escape is lol

djohn14
11-14-2009, 10:24 PM

Talk Shit!:rollin

dallaskd
11-14-2009, 10:24 PM
GSP is gonna hurt Hardy so bad..

dallaskd
11-14-2009, 10:25 PM
Enjoy your night England. You country is still a piece of shit. We should have let Germany steam roll you in WWII

djohn14
11-14-2009, 10:50 PM
Enjoy your night England. You country is still a piece of shit. We should have let Germany steam roll you in WWII

Oh thats just terrible.

dallaskd
11-14-2009, 10:59 PM
I thought Randy won too. I think age has really caught up with him. I kinda want to see him retire before he gets KO'd

dbreiden83080
11-14-2009, 11:07 PM
Bad decision there, Randy didn't do enough. He got hurt in every single standup exchange but one in the 3rd, Vera did way more damage and he got a late takedown. Vera has every right to be pissed, i would be..

Sherdog Scoring..

Round 1
Vera lands a quick kick, and flurries on Couture with punches, putting him on his heels. As Vera swims to his neck, Couture gains control in the body clinch up against the fence. Vera using an overhook and wrist control to stop Couture’s takedown advances. Marc Goddard calls for a break at the pair grind to a halt against the cage, but Couture immediately ducks under a Vera punch, and pushes him into the fence again. Couture secures double underhooks, and gets a takedown, but Vera quickly shifts back up the cage. Couture secures a front headlock, and lands two knees to Vera’s head before changing levels in pursuit of another takedown. Couture gets a hold of a single leg, but can’t pull Vera off of the fence and finish the takedown. Couture lands a left hand over the top as he releases the leg. Marc Goddard separates the pair again with 20 seconds to go, but Couture again clinches up immediately.

Jordan Breen scores the round 10-10
Brian Knapp scores the round Couture 10-9
Loretta Hunt scores the round Couture 10-9

Round 2
A low kick by Vera lands south of Couture’s belt line, and simultaneously, Couture catches a thumb to the eye. Fortunately, “The Natural” appears unfazed by the inadvertent double foul. Vera switches to southpaw, allowing Couture to rush forward, and push him into the fence again. After a moment with Couture’s back on the fence, Vera is again reverse, with Couture grinding him into the fence, trying to drag him off his back leg and finish the elusive takedown. Marc Goddard breaks the pair up again. Vera lands a jab, and sinks a nice left body kick. A knee to the body from Vera folds Couture in half, sending him reeling across the cage. Vera attacks Couture, forcing him to his back, and into his full guard. Couture clings to Vera off of his back, and Goddard stands them up. The pair trade lazy left overhands. Clinching again, Couture finally starts to dirty box a bit, putting together some right uppercuts and hooks before the round ends.

Jordan Breen scores the round 10-9 Vera
Brian Knapp scores the round 10-9 Vera
Loretta Hunt scores the round 10-9 Vera

Round 3
Vera lands an inside low kick on a bobbing Couture. Undaunted, Couture comes forward with a flurry of hooks and uppercuts, punching away as Vera covers up against the fence. Couture now dirty boxing more ably. Vera still showing stalwart takedown defense as he fends off a double-leg takedown. Couture lands a clean left elbow. Couture’s right uppercut and left elbow continue to land and Vera looks to control his wrist in the clinch. Marc Goddard separates the pair once again. Vera lands a pair of crisp body kicks, but Couture is able to get a collar tie in the middle of the cage, and land some uppercuts and knees to the body. Vera initiates the clinch this time, pushing Couture into the fence, and dropping for a double-leg takedown. The crowd beginning to boo the grinding pace of the fight, as Marc Goddard warns the pair for inactivity. Vera hits a beautiful kneetap on Couture, putting “The Natural” on his back and quickly taking mount. Couture overhooks Vera’s left arm, and sweeps him before he can mount any offense. Scrambling back to their feet, the pair trade knees to the body, and grazing hooks before the bell.

Jordan Breen scores the round 10-9 Vera
Brian Knapp scores the round 10-9 Vera
Loretta Hunt scores the round 10-9 Vera

All three judges score the bout 29-28 for the winner by unanimous decision, Randy “The Natural” Couture. A crestfallen Brandon Vera exits the cage, and dejectedly sits on the perimeter of the Octagon hanging his head after the decision is announced.

dbreiden83080
11-14-2009, 11:09 PM
Just 1-4 on this card, should have been 2-3 but thanks judges.. :depressed

MannyIsGod
11-14-2009, 11:12 PM
Fucking Vera fight was boring as hell.

polandprzem
11-14-2009, 11:18 PM
after weigh-ins I changed Bisping to kang

:cuss

dbreiden83080
11-14-2009, 11:30 PM
DJOHN you're gonna take a couple fight lead here down the stretch, you were 4-1 i was 1-4

Fucking judges... :bang

I'll probably take another beating next week because i can't pick against my boy Tito.. :lol

dbreiden83080
11-15-2009, 12:58 AM
GSP is gonna hurt Hardy so bad..

I'll tell ya what man Hardy is for real. I was hesitant picking Swick because i like Hardy and he looked great i thought. Kid hits hard, has a hell of a chin and loves to bang. He looked very strong in there also.. He's not well rounded enough to really threaten GSP other than a KO but GSP will not take him lightly. He'll have a hard ass camp to get ready for Hardy..

Stringer_Bell
11-15-2009, 01:03 AM

Ya rly. :lol I went 4-0 with my picks.

Wilks/Brown was good, and I was pulling for Wilks but when he couldn't finish with the submission I'm sure his whole morale went out the window. Both fighters I'll be looking for in the future.

I hate Bisping, but I feel that he's been humbled and looks like a smarter fighter overall. I hope they give Kang another good fight, that guy could do great things.

I knew Hardy was going to come stronger and quicker than ever before, but Swick showed good heart. GSP will eat him for breakfast tho, but not for lack of Hardy trying.

Randy/Vera came down to Randy neutralizing Vera, I think that's how it got judged. Kind of boring, I went from that to watching the Spurs game.

The TroutBum
11-15-2009, 04:05 AM
Vera got boned, what a travesty. I'm SO tired of watching Randy 'fight' -- his style just doesn't do it for me.

Blackjack
11-15-2009, 04:55 AM
I fuckin' love the UFC; these free cards almost never disappoint.

LHW: [U]Brandon Vera (204) vs. Randy Couture (204)

Not exactly the Main-Event you'd hope for. Vera came out and made Randy aware that the standup route probably wasn't the direction he wanted to take it, so he proceeded to utilize the clinch game and control Vera up against the cage. Surely it was taxing on Vera to have Randy leaning on him for that amount of time, but he probably did more damage to Couture in the opening moments of the round that preceded the clinch. The second round could have easily been a 10-8 after Vera nearly ended it with some well-placed kicks to the body and the third saw Randy take the more damaging blows, although he did do some damage as well. On the basis of octagon-control, I guess I could see Randy out-pointing Vera. But Vera got the better of Randy and probably should have been rewarded with the win.

Sorry, but I just couldn't get over how emaciated Swick looked. He just didn't look right. He came out and felt Hardy's power early and he never really looked to settle into the fighter I've become accustomed to seeing. He had some moments and he began to time that counter in the second but the combination of Hardy's chin and a punch that didn't look to pack the power it usually does, never gave him the upper-hand. Hardy was clearly the stronger fighter and there was no doubt that Swick got beaten by a better man; at least on this night. Rogan was probably right when it's all said in done, though.. The loser of the fight just might be the winner considering they're not going to have to face GSP.

I've got to admit, going into this fight I was kind of hoping for Bisping's head to be caught in the first or second row. I actually somewhat liked him before the TUF season with Hendo but the guy's douchebagness drove me insane after that. So when Kang came out and really looked to make Bisping question himself and look like he was having somewhat of a flashback, it didn't bother me one bit. Kang rocked and controlled him for just about all of the first, and it ended with Bisping giving a thumbs up to the crowd as if to say: meh, I'll do better. Somewhere during the early part of the second round, I actually started rooting for Bisping. He had been rocked and things weren't really going his way but he was behaving like a fighter. So when he finally caught Kang and starting getting the slams and proceeded to ground-and-pound, I actually felt good for the guy. He fought that second round with a purpose. He wasn't looking to survive or even just win, he wanted to finish. He very easily could've crawled into the fetal position or just done enough to not get embarrassed considering the first round he had just after a devastating Hendo loss; he wouldn't have been the first. The guy's got my respect and the humility after the fight was nice to see. The routine with his kid after the fight was classic.:lol.

Wilks really impressed me with his win in the Final of TUF and I was beginning to think he was going to turn into another Rashad; a guy everyone picks against but somehow, maybe even defying logic, just keeps on keepin' on. Well, he wasn't nearly as impressive as he was in his last outing. I'm not sure if his conditioning wasn't there or what.. but a pretty even fight took a big turn in Brown's favor as he noticeably slowed down; I can't remember any significant damage he incurred that would have caused it. Brown looked pretty good to start the fight and, where Wilks slowed, Brown picked up steam. It was a strange ending, in that it looked like Wilks got broke and was asking to be finished. But when Brown didn't capitalize, Wilks looked to try and steal the fight with a sub by mustering up the little energy he had left; hell, maybe he's just really good at playing opossum. Whatever the case, once that failed.. Wilks found out what Brown could do for him.

I knew I liked Pearson but count me now as a fan. You never would have known who the more experienced and tested fighter was. Pearson simply outclassed him with some stellar efficiency; he changed levels, took what was given, stayed in complete control and in the ready position, and didn't miss much if any when there was an opening to capitalize on. Hell of a first fight coming off of TUF.

Wow.. I thought I was watching a good ol' Toughman for a second there. The boys came out guns blazin', only to be brought to a halt by a poke to the eye. Of course, the obligatory touch of gloves took place and was immediately followed by the obligatory blast to the face. Fuckin' classic.:lol

It didn't start particularly spectacular and Winner didn't look all that great to start, but he was clearly just trying to find the range; he did. The guy's a hell of an athlete with some nice explosiveness and after landing a nice overhand that dropped Delgado and almost ended the fight, he proceeded to land another one a little later on that just about ended his life. That dude got KTFO.

All in all, not too shabby.:tu

djohn14
11-15-2009, 12:17 PM
Still waiting for Dallas to talk shit!

dbreiden83080
11-15-2009, 12:23 PM
Fuckin Bisping winning that fight. :bang

Kang was doing really well, he had a great first round but i tell ya for a JJ Black Belt his takedown defense sucked against a guy not known for his takedowns. I find it a little funny that Bisping got rocked again by a right hand and won this fight with wrestling and GNP, something he could never do in a million years against the guy that KO'd him at UFC 100..

My rant aside, good Job Bisping, you prick.. :lol

dbreiden83080
11-15-2009, 12:24 PM
I fuckin' love the UFC; these free cards almost never disappoint.

LHW: [U]Brandon Vera (204) vs. Randy Couture (204)

Not exactly the Main-Event you'd hope for. Vera came out and made Randy aware that the standup route probably wasn't the direction he wanted to take it, so he proceeded to utilize the clinch game and control Vera up against the cage. Surely it was taxing on Vera to have Randy leaning on him for that amount of time, but he probably did more damage to Couture in the opening moments of the round that preceded the clinch. The second round could have easily been a 10-8 after Vera nearly ended it with some well-placed kicks to the body and the third saw Randy take the more damaging blows, although he did do some damage as well. On the basis of octagon-control, I guess I could see Randy out-pointing Vera. But Vera got the better of Randy and probably should have been rewarded with the win.

Sorry, but I just couldn't get over how emaciated Swick looked. He just didn't look right. He came out and felt Hardy's power early and he never really looked to settle into the fighter I've become accustomed to seeing. He had some moments and he began to time that counter in the second but the combination of Hardy's chin and a punch that didn't look to pack the power it usually does, never gave him the upper-hand. Hardy was clearly the stronger fighter and there was no doubt that Swick got beaten by a better man; at least on this night. Rogan was probably right when it's all said in done, though.. The loser of the fight just might be the winner considering they're not going to have to face GSP.

I've got to admit, going into this fight I was kind of hoping for Bisping's head to be caught in the first or second row. I actually somewhat liked him before the TUF season with Hendo but the guy's douchebagness drove me insane after that. So when Kang came out and really looked to make Bisping question himself and look like he was having somewhat of a flashback, it didn't bother me one bit. Kang rocked and controlled him for just about all of the first, and it ended with Bisping giving a thumbs up to the crowd as if to say: meh, I'll do better. Somewhere during the early part of the second round, I actually started rooting for Bisping. He had been rocked and things weren't really going his way but he was behaving like a fighter. So when he finally caught Kang and starting getting the slams and proceeded to ground-and-pound, I actually felt good for the guy. He fought that second round with a purpose. He wasn't looking to survive or even just win, he wanted to finish. He very easily could've crawled into the fetal position or just done enough to not get embarrassed considering the first round he had just after a devastating Hendo loss; he wouldn't have been the first. The guy's got my respect and the humility after the fight was nice to see. The routine with his kid after the fight was classic.:lol.

Wilks really impressed me with his win in the Final of TUF and I was beginning to think he was going to turn into another Rashad; a guy everyone picks against but somehow, maybe even defying logic, just keeps on keepin' on. Well, he wasn't nearly as impressive as he was in his last outing. I'm not sure if his conditioning wasn't there or what.. but a pretty even fight took a big turn in Brown's favor as he noticeably slowed down; I can't remember any significant damage he incurred that would have caused it. Brown looked pretty good to start the fight and, where Wilks slowed, Brown picked up steam. It was a strange ending, in that it looked like Wilks got broke and was asking to be finished. But when Brown didn't capitalize, Wilks looked to try and steal the fight with a sub by mustering up the little energy he had left; hell, maybe he's just really good at playing opossum. Whatever the case, once that failed.. Wilks found out what Brown could do for him.

I knew I liked Pearson but count me now as a fan. You never would have known who the more experienced and tested fighter was. Pearson simply outclassed him with some stellar efficiency; he changed levels, took what was given, stayed in complete control and in the ready position, and didn't miss much if any when there was an opening to capitalize on. Hell of a first fight coming off of TUF.

Wow.. I thought I was watching a good ol' Toughman for a second there. The boys came out guns blazin', only to be brought to a halt by a poke to the eye. Of course, the obligatory touch of gloves took place and was immediately followed by the obligatory blast to the face. Fuckin' classic.:lol

It didn't start particularly spectacular and Winner didn't look all that great to start, but he was clearly just trying to find the range; he did. The guy's a hell of an athlete with some nice explosiveness and after landing a nice overhand that dropped Delgado and almost ended the fight, he proceeded to land another one a little later on that just about ended his life. That dude got KTFO.

All in all, not too shabby.:tu

Awesome thoughts and write up dude.. :toast

djohn14
11-15-2009, 01:00 PM

I second that

Blackjack
11-15-2009, 01:32 PM

I second that

'Preciate it. :toast

I just wanted to add a couple thing in regards to Couture-Vera:

Randy should be outlawed from competing in three-round fights. His greatest asset, tool, and game-plan is the clinch game and the wearing down of his opponent. When he's given three rounds to implement it, it's just not enough time for it to takes it's full effect; we end up watching the build-up for the payoff but the payoff never comes. The reward for a Couture fight, at least one in his favor, is seeing the opponent wilt and break and Randy capitalizing; it's just not going to happen when he's only given three rounds. Vera, though getting controlled after after landing a few blows to start the first, repeatedly stuffed the take-down attempts but wasn't rewarded. When Randy did finally get him down Vera immediately got back to his feet. Vera actually got Couture to the ground more successfully. Again, Randy got the win, and on a point system you can make an argument he should of. But I'd feel absolutely deflated and robbed if I were Vera..

dbreiden83080
11-15-2009, 01:42 PM
IT was a bad decision..

Lets put it like this. Vera knocked Randy down with a huge body kick, hurt him 2 or 3 more times on the feet with kicks and punches, took him down late in the fight, mounted him and lost the fight. :wow

Randy didn't get much done in the clich with Vera. Randy got a takedown in the 1st and did nothing with it. Vera cancelled that out with his own takedown and won the striking...

Blackjack
11-15-2009, 01:57 PM
^ ^Yup.:tu

But you got to love how even in England the crowd can't bring itself to go apeshit on a bad decision involving Captain America; they sounded like they were about to let him and the judges have it but softened considerably once Randy got on the mic.:lol

BlackSwordsMan
11-15-2009, 03:57 PM
he should retire if his game plan is just to hug you against the cage for 3 rounds
fucking retire

dbreiden83080
11-15-2009, 04:23 PM
The inconsistancy of the judging is very annoying. I compare this fight to the Hardy/Davis fight at UFC 99. Hardy was outwrestled for most of the fight, he was on bottom a good amount but he did way more damage on the feet, busted Davis up pretty good and got a late takedown. He got the SD win. Davis complained after the fight feeling his wrestling should have won him the fight.. Now Vera didn't bust Randy up to the face but he sure did a number on his ribs..

dallaskd
11-15-2009, 05:31 PM
Still waiting for Dallas to talk shit!

I'll talk shit to your pussy ass all day.

djohn14
11-15-2009, 07:33 PM
I'll talk shit to your pussy ass all day.

Haha crazy mofo cant admit when he's wrong!:lol

dallaskd
11-15-2009, 08:36 PM
September 24, 2006 Shelby Walker killed herself with pain medication. She was a fighter, announcer and Denis Kang's fiancee and love of his life.

Since that time Kang is 5-5. He was 27-7 before the incident.

via wiki (scrapped this off a sherdog thread)

dallaskd
11-15-2009, 09:36 PM
the mental aspect is a huge part of a fighter's game. we saw the same with vitor and the loss of his sister and even couture after his marriage failures.

Any one notice Couture's hot ass hunny in the prefight? Im sure Vitor's wife keeps him happy..

http://www.wagrankings.com/images/wives/mma/joana_prado.jpg

dallaskd
11-15-2009, 09:36 PM
http://cdn3.sbnation.com/fan_shot_images/24796/celebbrajoanaprado20.jpg

War Vitor!

desflood
11-15-2009, 09:51 PM
Any one notice Couture's hot ass hunny in the prefight?
One thing became clear reading Randy's book: Captain America never finishes a marriage without having another candidate already lined up. He cheated on his first wife with a woman named Trish, who became his second wife. He cheated on her with Kim, who of course was number three. Gentlemen, say hello to Mrs. Couture IV. I wonder what the time span was between their first meeting and his separation from Kim?

dallaskd
11-15-2009, 09:52 PM
yeah i was like damnn.. he rebounds fast.

That picture is Vitor's wife though, not Randy's girl

desflood
11-15-2009, 09:54 PM
Ah, sorry. The rest of my post still stands :lol

There, I fixed it. Just for you.

dallaskd
11-15-2009, 09:55 PM
anyone who can find a picture and name for randy's new girl gets a dallaskd carepackage.

The TroutBum
11-15-2009, 11:56 PM
he should retire if his game plan is just to hug you against the cage for 3 rounds
fucking retire

this.

polandprzem
11-16-2009, 03:01 AM
The inconsistancy of the judging is very annoying. I compare this fight to the Hardy/Davis fight at UFC 99. Hardy was outwrestled for most of the fight, he was on bottom a good amount but he did way more damage on the feet, busted Davis up pretty good and got a late takedown. He got the SD win. Davis complained after the fight feeling his wrestling should have won him the fight.. Now Vera didn't bust Randy up to the face but he sure did a number on his ribs..

To me davis was not in control and was busted few times and almost lost few times during fight.

TheMACHINE
11-16-2009, 03:12 PM
So i dont watch MMA fights that much so im pretty ingorant when it comes to fights, but i actually watched this fight..since it was free.

Now..im not too sure how these fights are judged and i do realize that Randy "controlled" the fight (grappling over stand up), what i dont understand is it doesnt seem like he put Vera in any direct threat. Lots of holding...nothing close to looking like Vera was in trouble. Do judges mainly just look for who controls the fight? Vera looked like he put Randy into trouble quite a few times.

oligarchy
11-17-2009, 12:01 AM
So i dont watch MMA fights that much so im pretty ingorant when it comes to fights, but i actually watched this fight..since it was free.

Now..im not too sure how these fights are judged and i do realize that Randy "controlled" the fight (grappling over stand up), what i dont understand is it doesnt seem like he put Vera in any direct threat. Lots of holding...nothing close to looking like Vera was in trouble. Do judges mainly just look for who controls the fight? Vera looked like he put Randy into trouble quite a few times.

-Clean Strikes
-Effective Grappling
-Octagon Control
-Effective Aggressiveness

Sometimes judges get it wrong, but sometimes they just have different criteria. Clean strikes count for more, or are supposed to, even over the number of strikes. E.g., if you land strikes that hurt you opponent, such as Vera's strikes, they are supposed to count more. When the power is equal between the strikes landed, then you count the number of strikes. Randy did land alot of 'dirty boxing' strikes in the clinch, etc., but they were not heavy strikes. He controlled all of the match, and was effectively the aggressor all of the fight.

You can look at Round 1 and say it should have been a draw, because they landed roughly the same amount of strikes at about the same strength. Makes it roughly even, but Randy controlled the round and landed a takedown. So, I'd say it was Randy's round.

Round 2, the heavier strikers were landed by Vera, and he hurt Couture. No doubt he won the round here.

Round 3, is where I think they screwed up. Randy did control most of the round and actually landed more strikes, BUT Vera landed the heavier strikes. Vera also got a takedown and moved to mount. Based on the criteria above, he landed the Cleaner (and heavier) strikes, won in grappling that round, and had "effective" aggressiveness.

Vera should have won 29-28.

Blackjack
11-18-2009, 01:19 PM
^ ^ Well said.:tu