PDA

View Full Version : Devin Brown and his injury

ZStomp
04-18-2005, 07:29 AM
Since Brown got injured so late in the season and it appears that he may not make the playoff roster---

Does this hurt his chances of getting a good contract this summer? Whether its with the Spurs or someone else?

He's not out there showing what he can do and some teams may look else where? (if they were looking at him at all)

Discuss.

whottt
04-18-2005, 07:44 AM
Devin got a bad break getting injured when he did...That was his time to step up when the team needed him and show what he could really do and he lost his chance due to injury. At least IMO...to me he's never gone beyond being green with the ability to play some good D and rebound.

I think he is seriously over-rated by the board, and I don't think he had as much of an impact as everyone else seems to think, but I'll never know for sure because of that injury.

I think the inury makes it easier for the Spurs to resign him. I think he wants to be here and Pop wants him here so I think he'll be back, he can play D and he can hit threes off of Tim Duncan, plus he can rebound and put up 20-25 points.....but I don't see the Spurs or any other team putting whole lot of money into him with that back.

I've kicked it around for a while now on Devin VS Marks for the last roster spot...I think Devin is the better choice. IMO Devin actually played better against LA than he did this season and for that reason alone he deserves to be on the roster again over the unproven Marks...plus he can spell Bruce on the defensive end and no one else really can.

MadDog73
04-18-2005, 08:37 AM
I have no doubt Devin will be a Spur next year, whether he plays in the playoffs or not.

SpursFanInAustin
04-18-2005, 11:15 AM
I've kicked it around for a while now on Devin VS Marks for the last roster spot...I think Devin is the better choice. IMO Devin actually played better against LA than he did this season and for that reason alone he deserves to be on the roster again over the unproven Marks...plus he can spell Bruce on the defensive end and no one else really can.

Neither will make the playoff roster. It will be Mike Wilks ;)

Rummpd
04-18-2005, 11:25 AM
IMO Brown is not "over-rated", when given playing time except for a bad stretch he was very, very good. Several games he led Spurs in scoring and a fearless defender. National commentators several times spoke on the quality and verve of his play.

If healthy it is no brainer to put on playoff roster and the later consequences fall they may period.

silverandblackreign
04-18-2005, 11:51 AM
look for brown to be ON the playoff roster........

exstatic
04-18-2005, 01:14 PM
I agree. Is anyone at all remembering that Brown was unavailable during much of the Memphis first round series last year? They didn't seem to have a problem putting him on the roster then...

boutons
04-18-2005, 02:09 PM
Very different situtation. Devin didn't have a herniated spinal disc and a weakened leg in April 04.

What did he have in 04? His annual, garden-variety back cramps?