PDA

View Full Version : Tonight 3 games could decide matchups

Jimcs50
04-18-2005, 10:04 AM
San Antonio vs Memphis

Memphis clinched, no incentive now, other than trying to stop their bleeding.

Spurs have incentive to win because they are still alive for 1 seed.

Sacramento at Utah

If Sacramento wins, they can not drop to 7 seed, so that would mean we root for Denver to beat Phoenix, so Spurs can still get 1 seed.

If Utah wins, then I will be in a quandary.

Denver at Phoenix

I could root for Denver because Denver can still grab the 6 seed because of Sacto's loss. This way, the Spurs havechance for the 1 seed still. And even if they stay as 2 seed, they could get Sacto in 1st round, a very favorable matchup for us. Or I could root for Phoenix, because the chance of them dropping their last 2 games is slim anyway, so it might be best for Denver to lose again(2 straight) just to knock them down another notch in confidence going into matchup with SA.

What to do, what to do?

coz
04-18-2005, 10:11 AM
I'm liking the Sac to the #7 scenario best.

MadDog73
04-18-2005, 10:15 AM
Root for Utah! :)

Who do you think is most likely to win tonight, Suns or Nuggets? (game is in PHX)

Frenchise player
04-18-2005, 10:20 AM
We lost against Utah because our players were exhausted, but there is no way Sacramento will lose against them.
I think that we are going to play against Denver in the first round, I hope they will lose against Phoenix in order to hurt their confidence.

MadDog73
04-18-2005, 10:24 AM
I still have hope of capturing the Number 1 Seed.

Go Denver! I nothing else, it will give them FALSE confidence going into the Playoffs! :)

Dex
04-18-2005, 10:31 AM
How I want my cookie to crumble...

1) The Spurs need to win tonight. Duh.
2) Phoenix needs to stumble, or Denver needs to continue to surge. This puts the Suns under the pressure of NEEDING their last win against Sacramento. Put them under the gun and see how they do.
3) Utah needs to bring it against the Kings tonight. I know it's asking a lot, but it will help to light a fire under the butts of Sacramento and perhaps give them a shot at winning their aforementioned game with the Suns.

This, provided with the alignment of key planets, could shift HCA into the hands of the Spurs.

Jimcs50
04-18-2005, 10:38 AM
Utah game is the key to the whole thing.

If Utah loses, then it will probably be Denver-SA

I hate that matchup.

MadDog73
04-18-2005, 10:49 AM
Utah game is the key to the whole thing.

If Utah loses, then it will probably be Denver-SA

I hate that matchup.

It could be worse. I been trying to decide who will win the Rockets/ Mavs series? Man, THAT would be a tough first round match-up (either one).

Jimcs50
04-18-2005, 11:23 AM
It could be worse. I been trying to decide who will win the Rockets/ Mavs series? Man, THAT would be a tough first round match-up (either one).

I think given Howard's injury, I would take Houston with their slow down offense