PDA

View Full Version : So I just bought League Pass Broadband...

ClingingMars
11-03-2009, 05:58 PM
was never going to do this unless they made a cheaper option, and they did where you can select a certain number of teams. Thanks NBA!

Anyways, I have the option of selecting up to 7 teams...Obviously the Spurs will account for one...which other 6 should I watch?

(one of my friends in the dorm is a Knicks fan, so I'll probably select them as one as well)

Thompson
11-03-2009, 06:13 PM
I am going to use the same 7 team option; I really only want to watch the Spurs, but I do sometimes watch rivals when they're in a close game (I root for the other team).

I think I'm selecting (in addition to the Spurs, of course): Lakers, Mavs, Nuggets in the West, and the Celtics, Magic, and Cavs in the East.

If I were you and I had to also select the Knicks, I think I would drop either the Nuggets or the Cavs from my list (probably the latter).

galvatron3000
11-03-2009, 06:13 PM
how much

DPG21920
11-03-2009, 06:18 PM
Last year, they had every team for the same price you just purchased 7 teams for.

CubanMustGo
11-03-2009, 06:19 PM
how much

$89.95 for up to seven teams
or $134.95 for all of them (option to pay 5 months @ $29.99)

Full prices reflect 10% "early season discount"

Note REGULAR SEASON ONLY

methionine
11-03-2009, 06:26 PM
How is the picture quality? I have a hard time watching sports that are not HD these days. Does League Pass Broadband broadcast in HD?

spursncowboys
11-03-2009, 06:35 PM
I'm in the same boat. I picked Spurs, OKC (Durant) and Clev. I want to save one for the second half of the season. I might pick ATL because of Augustine but not sure.

superjames1992
11-03-2009, 06:41 PM
How is the picture quality? I have a hard time watching sports that are not HD these days. Does League Pass Broadband broadcast in HD?
It's pretty good quality. It's not quite HD, but I don't much care considering my main TV isn't HD, either.

Allanon
11-03-2009, 07:02 PM
Quality in the online broadcasts seems to be higher this year. Although not HD, it's wide and better than the old TV sets before HD.

gm5k
11-03-2009, 07:37 PM
with the 7 team deal, can you watch the games whenever you want or do you have to catch them while they're actually playing?

manuG
11-03-2009, 07:50 PM
I was trying out free NBA league pass Broadband they have for the first week. But Chicago game was blacked out. It was on TNT. I am thinking of getting League pass too and wondering whether nationally televised games will be blacked out on LP broadband?? Does anyone know? thanks.

TwoHandJam
11-03-2009, 07:57 PM
I was trying out free NBA league pass Broadband they have for the first week. But Chicago game was blacked out. It was on TNT. I am thinking of getting League pass too and wondering whether nationally televised games will be blacked out on LP broadband?? Does anyone know? thanks.

Yes, the nationally televised games are blacked out.

manuG
11-03-2009, 08:03 PM
Thanks, TwoHandJam. Those of you who are wondering about the quality, you can try out the League Pass Broadband for free until Nov 4th.

JR3
11-03-2009, 08:05 PM
I picked:
Orlando
Cleavland
Boston
Portland
Denver
OKC
San Antonio

Walton Buys Off Me
11-03-2009, 08:20 PM
I also took the seven game package off NBA Broadband.

My teams;

San Antonio
Dallas
Lakers
Oklahoma City
Portland
Boston
Chicago

jimo2305
11-03-2009, 09:29 PM
i dont understandt ho.. i picked the 30 bucks a month option to watch all teams right..

but i can't watch san antonio games :( ...

dougp
11-03-2009, 09:48 PM
If I did it, I'd do:

San Antonio
Portland
Oklahoma City or Denver
Dallas (for the wife)
Orlando
Washington or Toronto
Chicago or Boston

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-03-2009, 11:22 PM
On International LP BB you get all the games. :) But you also have to pay the full price. :(

I'm in the same boat. I picked Spurs, OKC (Durant) and Clev. I want to save one for the second half of the season. I might pick ATL because of Augustine but not sure.

DJ? You'd be disappointed then, because he plays for the Bobcats! :lmao

JustinJDW
11-03-2009, 11:37 PM
My Dad is just as big as basketball fan as me. Hes been a Celtics fan since the late 70's. He bought the full league pass for our tvs. I get every NBA basketball game every day.

Its awesome. :toast

DPG21920
11-03-2009, 11:38 PM
League Pass is easily the coolest thing out there for basketball fans. I love the new features as well. The archives are great, don't even have to DVR anything. The dual feeds so you can listen to your own announcers is amazing.

SpursRulez4eVeR
11-03-2009, 11:43 PM
i have purchased the 7 teams deal also..but anyone know how do i choose my teams?

VivaPopovich
11-03-2009, 11:43 PM
was never going to do this unless they made a cheaper option, and they did where you can select a certain number of teams. Thanks NBA!

Anyways, I have the option of selecting up to 7 teams...Obviously the Spurs will account for one...which other 6 should I watch?

(one of my friends in the dorm is a Knicks fan, so I'll probably select them as one as well)

Lakers, Celtics, Denver, Cleveland I guess, Phoenix, New York

Allanon
11-03-2009, 11:57 PM
Don't pick the Spurs if you live in the San Antonio area unless you have an internet proxy. Only pick them if you're out of area.

All the local games will be blacked out.

Chieflion
11-04-2009, 12:02 AM
Another advice is to not choose many teams from the same division cause they definitely play 4 times against each other.

Cant_Be_Faded
11-04-2009, 12:38 AM
Do more people than I realize have bad ass computer setups? Or is the quality of the video on nba broadband really uber?

I can't believe all the people I'm hearing signing up for that this year. Is the quality really on par with tv?

NASpurs
11-04-2009, 01:50 AM
Do more people than I realize have bad ass computer setups? Or is the quality of the video on nba broadband really uber?

I can't believe all the people I'm hearing signing up for that this year. Is the quality really on par with tv?

You don't need some bad ass computer setup to get great quality. I think any modern computer will do just fine but the most important thing is your broadband speed. As far as quality goes, it's way better than anything you'll see on those illegal sites obviously. It's not really HD right now but it's getting better and it's about on par compared to TV.

These are the system requirements:
Windows XP or Vista
P4 2.33 Ghz
64 MB video memory
512 Main memory

That's a 5+ year old comp there.

TDMVPDPOY
11-04-2009, 02:05 AM
is that 7 games week for that duration of 5 months?

or viewable of any of them 7 teams you selected playin on any given day, you can watch them all at that price for 5month subscription?

fubarcrew01
11-04-2009, 02:27 AM

I checked out the free preview this weekend and signed up today, didn't see where you choose the 7 teams. But I have my computer hooked up to my 47inch HD tv via the VGA port and it looked pretty damn good, better than trying to find a crappy stream from somewhere else. I only hope I don't get blacked out games, I live about 2hrs south of SA and it can be a bitch to get some games, so here's hoping this works :toast

spursncowboys
11-04-2009, 10:19 AM
I wrote them today because everygame I want to watch is blacked out and they responded that NBA TV is considered a blackout. So Network, ESPN, TNT,FSW, and now NBATV all blackouts. This is turning into a ripoff for me. I don't have cable so thought this would cover most games. They need to explain blackout rules better.

hater
11-04-2009, 10:34 AM

NO HD but quality IMO is better than Standar Definition on TV.

my internet sucks so I get hickups, but i'm sure it's my internet. fucking comcast

I got the 7 team plan too but they never asked me for which teams to pick. :bang

hater
11-04-2009, 10:35 AM
oh another stupid thing, they black out games on NBATV. most ppl don't have NBATV :pctoss

Höfner
11-04-2009, 10:50 AM
Pick a few good teams for quality entertainment, then choose a couple shitty teams for laughs. I suggest the Mavericks and Bobcats in that regard.

Dice
11-04-2009, 11:38 AM
I but the league Pass every year for the wonderful earlybird price of 170 dollars. I also have to pay an extra 5 dollars a month for a "sports tier" that includes NBATV. what I find is that I get about 40 games (for the team i'm watching that year) on league pass. the rest are televised on some channel or another. I do get screwed by SportSouth alot because they'll show a game scheduled on the guide and instead I'll be watching 2 obscure womens college basketball teams. but because the game is shown as sceduled on the guide, league pass blacks it out.

I'm interested in hearing people's experiences with the Broadband after this season as I'd rather pay to watch one particular team.

benefactor
11-04-2009, 12:58 PM
How long are the games archived on LP Broadband? I haven't watched the game from last week yet.

Livedraz
11-04-2009, 01:15 PM
Hope you guys will think of us, foreigners users with our international league pass ... $150 for bad quality (but every team :) )

angelbelow
11-04-2009, 05:05 PM
If I do not have cable at home and want to watch the Spurs nationally televised games, what can I do?

Xylus
11-04-2009, 05:07 PM
My 7 teams:

Phoenix
Dallas
San Antonio
OKC
Atlanta
Washington
Denver

spursncowboys
11-04-2009, 06:20 PM
If I do not have cable at home and want to watch the Spurs nationally televised games, what can I do?
I emailed you a few places.

jimo2305
11-05-2009, 02:59 AM
exactly.. now people are experiencing same issues i was experiencing with the blackouts and all..

i was like what league pass are you guys getting??

i want to watch all my spurs games :madrun:madrun:madrun:madrun:madrun

if you guys are using a proxy.. can i know which one? so i can use it for my league pass

Brazil
11-05-2009, 07:20 AM
I thinks I will buy the international one, if I had to pick 7 teams it would be spurs of course, lakers to follow the 75 Allanon win ecstasy and 5 teams for which I have most of my fantasy players.

Speaking about fantasy, since when Al Jeff is grabing only 3 reb per game ???

Spurs Brazil
11-05-2009, 08:24 AM
I thinks I will buy the international one, if I had to pick 7 teams it would be spurs of course, lakers to follow the 75 Allanon win ecstasy and 5 teams for which I have most of my fantasy players.

Speaking about fantasy, since when Al Jeff is grabing only 3 reb per game ???

On ILP they don’t have the 7 teams option but it’s worthy. I’m having a lot of fun with it so far.

Brazil
11-05-2009, 08:27 AM
^ yes indeed, I was answering the OP question.

By the way, you don't want to trade David Lee ? :)

Manufan909
01-29-2010, 10:25 AM
If the Spurs schedule has NBALP on for the Memphis game, which is also on FSNSW, can I fill in the blanks for all the other games on FSNSW that don't have a set national channel? There are a few games I would watch from the past, as well as for the other teams I chose, but only having one NBALP icon for the rest of the season is disconcerting.

hsxvvd
01-29-2010, 11:50 AM
I got it last year in oz. I think about $150 for all games, but after a week, I got my money back through paypal because the speed and quality was terrible. I haven't been game to get it this year.... but it hasn't stopped me from usually finding someplace to watch the Spurs games ;)

nkdlunch
01-29-2010, 11:54 AM
I hate that you have to see the game scores. What if I wanna watch a game later and don't wanna know the score???? :pctoss

also a couple of times I was watching a game with about 45 minutes delay, well they eventually stop the stream, just cut it off. then have to wait hours to watch the replay. :pctoss

Manufan909
01-29-2010, 05:11 PM
bump

Just hoping anyone who has LP can reassure me that most of the remaining games for the Spurs will be available on LPB. It's only $50, so I guess just the other games + the Spurs games I want to go back and watch would be fine, but I'd rather at least 80% of the rest of the Spurs reg season will be available to me.

ffadicted
01-29-2010, 05:35 PM
I hate that you have to see the game scores. What if I wanna watch a game later and don't wanna know the score???? :pctoss

also a couple of times I was watching a game with about 45 minutes delay, well they eventually stop the stream, just cut it off. then have to wait hours to watch the replay. :pctoss

There's an option for not displaying the score lol

PUPPETMASTER
01-29-2010, 05:51 PM
/Have it on my iphone 3gs for free via Cydia, with no blackouts/

Allanon
01-29-2010, 05:54 PM
bump

Just hoping anyone who has LP can reassure me that most of the remaining games for the Spurs will be available on LPB. It's only $50, so I guess just the other games + the Spurs games I want to go back and watch would be fine, but I'd rather at least 80% of the rest of the Spurs reg season will be available to me.

I don't think LPBB has missed any non national Spurs games...they don't show NBATV or ESPN/TNT/ABC/National TV games. There are no pre-season or post-season/Playoff games either.

I'm in the Los Angeles area (no blackouts) so I've watched practically all of the non-national Spurs games and really only missed the ones I didn't have time to watch...not LP's fault.

All the games will be blacked out if you're in the San Antonio area. The Spurs/Hawks game was really choppy for me watching it on broadband...it happens once in awhile.

I watch (blacked out) broadband Laker games from work using a proxy somebody showed me.