PDA

View Full Version : time machines

stretch
11-03-2009, 06:23 PM
does anyone here believe in them?

:wakeup

tlongII
11-03-2009, 06:34 PM
Nope. Only if you could figure out a way to pass through a black hole and live.

Richard Cranium
11-03-2009, 06:38 PM
If I did I'd get back the few seconds I lost in here.

Dex
11-03-2009, 06:40 PM
If a time machine did exist, wouldn't somebody already have traveled back through time to tell us about it?

CubanSucks
11-03-2009, 06:41 PM
the square root of -9 is 3i :toast

Dex
11-03-2009, 06:43 PM
BTW, Back to the Future II fucked it all up when Marty saw his son and his future self.

If Marty really went with Doc into the future in the Delorean, he would've disappeared from the present. After a big manhunt, both him and the chick would've been pronounced dead, and there would be no trace of their future...in the future.

Just goes to show that sequels also screw things up, even if they're one of the best sequels ever.

mookie2001
11-03-2009, 06:51 PM
^no

if youre watching a movie, and youre interested enough to watch it, then think about it. the "time travel" exists only in a place where there are an infinite amount of worlds for every person on earth (example alternate 1985)

there is an alternate universe where this thread was never made, and if in 20 or 50 years, nobody remembers or it never made a difference, that world wont exist, the timelines will have "skewed" back

so back to the future is only for the selfishness of marty, which is all he knows and all he should care about anyway

Trainwreck2100
11-03-2009, 07:44 PM
BTW, Back to the Future II fucked it all up when Marty saw his son and his future self.

If Marty really went with Doc into the future in the Delorean, he would've disappeared from the present. After a big manhunt, both him and the chick would've been pronounced dead, and there would be no trace of their future...in the future.

Just goes to show that sequels also screw things up, even if they're one of the best sequels ever.

future marty never went to the future with doc therefore he went missing

The Reckoning
11-03-2009, 07:47 PM
is this a trick question?

SpursNextRomanEmpire
11-03-2009, 09:42 PM
Ive seen one in europe before

I. Hustle
11-03-2009, 10:13 PM
Easy... I've already thought of it for myself

fraga
11-03-2009, 10:57 PM
Time machines are utterly useless as they can't change your past...they can only change an alternate you's past...because of the fact that if you were to go back and change something...you would then put that you...on a new path...one which you did not follow...hence when you came back to your present...nothing would have changed... :D

whottt
11-03-2009, 11:13 PM
When we look at Supernovas we are looking back in time so yeah in a sense they do. Telescopes are conceptual time machines. We just need to build a ship fast enough to get there before it was over. If you are talking about the HG Wells type...probably not, not anything more than the beginning stages anyway.

We'll probably get there though...there's very little we can imagine that isn't possible and probably a great deal that is possible that we have yet to imagine.

whottt
11-03-2009, 11:16 PM
If a time machine did exist, wouldn't somebody already have traveled back through time to tell us about it?

There are tons of people that say they have come from the future or that have met someone that did, we tend to label them as lunatics.

If that's your measure there is plenty of that sort of evidence.

We just haven't seen the time machines...if they had one they probably couldn't allow us to gain the technology before we were meant to gain it or it would invalidate the conditions that lead them to make the trip to our time in the first place.

tp2021
11-03-2009, 11:21 PM

Unless someone else traveled back in time to stop them.

Vinnie_Johnson
11-03-2009, 11:33 PM
does anyone here believe in them?

:wakeup

:lmao

fake4cc
11-04-2009, 08:31 AM
my future self just visited and said that time machines don't exist
sorry senors

J.T.
11-04-2009, 08:45 AM
Matt Lauer can suck it!

bus driver
11-04-2009, 08:48 AM
If I did I'd get back the few seconds I lost in here.

+1

actually i am almost done with my time machine all i need is some plutonium to generate a nuclear reaction.
and when i do, i need to remind my self in the past not to open this thread

stretch
11-04-2009, 12:01 PM
dont forget the 1.21 gigawatts

760Spursfan
11-04-2009, 01:21 PM
I just got my hands on a time machine that I bought from Ebay from someone in Idaho named Kip. I am waiting on the crystals that he forgot to send.

http://forevergeek.com/images/urtimemachine.jpg

Phillip
11-04-2009, 01:23 PM
I just got my hands on a time machine that I bought from Ebay from someone in Idaho named Kip. I am waiting on the crystals that he forgot to send.

http://forevergeek.com/images/urtimemachine.jpg

good idea of a post

poor execution

should have made a troll for this

your rating: 2/10

Time Traveler
11-04-2009, 01:28 PM
WANTED: Somebody to go back in time with me. This is not a joke. P.O. Box ***, Oakview, CA 93022. You'll get paid after we get back. Must bring your own weapons. Safety not guaranteed. I have only done this once before.

Phillip
11-04-2009, 01:36 PM
rofl ytmnd

760Spursfan
11-04-2009, 01:39 PM
good idea of a post

poor execution

should have made a troll for this

your rating: 2/10

My apologies still a Nu B I'm working on it. What the heck is a "troll" anyways, been trying to figure that out along with some other "forum" lingo I hear.

johnsmith
01-29-2014, 12:40 PM
Bump

xmas1997
01-29-2014, 12:50 PM
When we look at Supernovas we are looking back in time so yeah in a sense they do. Telescopes are conceptual time machines. We just need to build a ship fast enough to get there before it was over. If you are talking about the HG Wells type...probably not, not anything more than the beginning stages anyway.

We'll probably get there though...there's very little we can imagine that isn't possible and probably a great deal that is possible that we have yet to imagine.

The only statement I've read in this thread that makes sense.

cantthinkofanything
01-29-2014, 12:53 PM
The only statement I've read in this thread that makes sense.

rubbish. you would never fit inside a telescope. fat donny magoo

xmas1997
01-29-2014, 01:29 PM
rubbish. you would never fit inside a telescope. fat donny magoo

:lmao

Now that was funny, good job.

cantthinkofanything
01-29-2014, 01:49 PM
Which was funny? The fitting inside a telescope? Or the random "fat donny magoo"?
I'm trying to tighter it up some. Let me know.

xmas1997
01-29-2014, 01:50 PM
telescope

cantthinkofanything
01-29-2014, 01:58 PM
but for realsies. we knew this girl in East Texas who was like 42. She was dating this lawyer who was like 30. He was smart as hell. He took an old dishwasher and turned it into a smoker. but at first when we asked him what it was, one of his friends said it was a White Trash Time Machine. So then I made up a song called "White Trash Time Machine". I sang it to the beat of "Rock Now Rock The Night" by Europe. White Trash Time Machine Oooo ooooo, Ooooo oooooh.
The next morning, we got up and drank some vodka. This is on Easter Sunday. My wife was super fucking pissed at me.

xmas1997
01-29-2014, 02:03 PM
but for realsies. we knew this girl in East Texas who was like 42. She was dating this lawyer who was like 30. He was smart as hell. He took an old dishwasher and turned it into a smoker. but at first when we asked him what it was, one of his friends said it was a White Trash Time Machine. So then I made up a song called "White Trash Time Machine". I sang it to the beat of "Rock Now Rock The Night" by Europe. White Trash Time Machine Oooo ooooo, Ooooo oooooh.
The next morning, we got up and drank some vodka. This is on Easter Sunday. My wife was super fucking pissed at me.

Just goes to show there are good times, and bad times, to do things, wisdom is knowing the difference.

xmas1997
01-29-2014, 02:04 PM

Just goes to show there are good times, and bad times, to do things, wisdom is knowing the difference. Timing is everything.:lol