PDA

View Full Version : V

JudynTX
11-03-2009, 08:09 PM
Is anyone watching? On ABC. :wow Manny, SFIE, Easjer? :D

Death In June
11-03-2009, 08:28 PM
Yeah, the first episode was total balls, which is a shame. I was a fan of the original.

Wild Cobra
11-03-2009, 10:56 PM
Yeah, the first episode was total balls, which is a shame. I was a fan of the original.
Well, the original is on SyFy...

Anyway, I was a fan of the original years ago too. Earlier this year, I bought the series DVD box set. I don't like it like I used to. Not as good as I (thought I) remembered it.

Viva Las Espuelas
11-03-2009, 10:58 PM
uh. i thought this new one was a little blah. didn't the original wait til the 3rd or so episode to let you in on the punch line? don't remember. so long ago. this one just seems forced. they're already being peckerheads. the "universal health care" was a lol moment. might see the second episode, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut doubtful.

EmptyMan
11-03-2009, 11:05 PM
I never heard of V before this week. I've been watching some of the Original on SyFy.

The one on ABC blew. It's like they tried to put everything in one episode. It does have one of my top 5 current milfs though, Elizabeth Mitchell.

The obvious (more-so than the original) and often cheesy political ties were definitely lol moments.

Destro
11-03-2009, 11:06 PM
its to much like Battlestar Galactica, they are stealing form its style. But i'll watch next week

Wild Cobra
11-03-2009, 11:09 PM
I haven't seen it yet. I'll catch an episode at some point, and buy the DVD box set when it comes out if I like it.

CuckingFunt
11-03-2009, 11:37 PM
Morena Baccarin is the only reason I was considering watching this one, but I don't like the short hair on her so I doubt it will crack my TV rotation.

j-6
11-03-2009, 11:45 PM
It was less than I was hoping for - one man's opinion - but I'll put it on Tivo. I expected a lot better but it wasn't terrible. And for CF, I loved Anna with the quasi-Pixie haircut.

Cant_Be_Faded
11-04-2009, 12:01 AM
I'll give it a shot. Never heard or seen the original but it definitely seemed like they tried to force alot of stuff in one episode. Also universal healthcare almost made me change the channel.

xellos88330
11-04-2009, 12:08 AM
I am boycotting this show. I want to see the original again.

Melmart1
11-04-2009, 12:09 AM
I have a mad geek crush on Alan Tudyk and I love Elizabeth Mitchell from "Lost" so I gave it a shot. I really liked it, but probably because I only vaguely remember the original and there are some very likable actors in this version. Oh, and there is not a single show that I watch on Tuesdays, so I'll keep watching this.

CuckingFunt
11-04-2009, 12:15 AM
I have a mad geek crush on Alan Tudyk and I love Elizabeth Mitchell from "Lost" so I gave it a shot. I really liked it, but probably because I only vaguely remember the original and there are some very likable actors in this version. Oh, and there is not a single show that I watch on Tuesdays, so I'll keep watching this.

Wait a minute, Alan Tudyk is on it? So it's got both Inara AND Wash from "Firefly"?

Well, then, yes. Nerdgasm. Might be worth a shot next week.

Cant_Be_Faded
11-04-2009, 12:31 AM
Too bad it doesn't have that cuteass Summer Glau. I loved that chick.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/chi-tc-tvcolumn-v-1102-1103nov03,0,7062976.story

Imagine this. At a time of political turmoil, a charismatic, telegenic new leader arrives virtually out of nowhere. He offers a message of hope and reconciliation based on compromise and promises to marshal technology for a better future that will include universal health care.

The news media swoons in admiration -- one simpering anchorman even shouts at a reporter who asks a tough question: "Why don't you show some respect?!" The public is likewise smitten, except for a few nut cases who circulate batty rumors on the Internet about the leader's origins and intentions. The leader, undismayed, offers assurances that are soothing, if also just a tiny bit condescending: "Embracing change is never easy."

So, does that sound like anyone you know? Oh, wait -- did I mention the leader is secretly a totalitarian space lizard who's come here to eat us?

Welcome to ABC's "V," the most fascinating and bound to be the most controversial new show of the fall television season. Nominally a rousing sci-fi space opera about alien invaders bent on the conquest (and digestion) of all humanity, it's also a barbed commentary on Obamamania that will infuriate the president's supporters and delight his detractors.

"We're all so quick to jump on the bandwagon," observes one character. "A ride on the bandwagon, it sounds like fun. But before we get on, let us at least make sure it is sturdy."

The bandwagon in this case is conspicuously saucer-shaped. "V" starts with the arrival of a couple of dozen ships from outer space, piloted by creatures who look like humans except a lot prettier. "Don't be frightened," says their luminously beautiful leader Anna (Morena Baccarin, "Serenity"). "We mean no harm."

The aliens -- who become known as V's, for visitors -- quickly enthrall their wide-eyed human hosts.

A handful of dissidents hold out against the rapturous reception given the V's. Some are simply uneasy, such as the youthful priest Father Jack (Joel Gretsch, "The 4400"), who sharply criticizes the Vatican's embrace of the V's as divine creations: "Rattlesnakes are God's creatures too."

With or without the political sheen, "V" is sweeping television storytelling at its best. Whether you choose to view it as a blood-and-guts war story, a spy thriller (unlike the original show, these V's are perfect replicas of humans, so you never really know who might be sitting beside you at the bar), a high-stakes family drama (as households divide over the intentions of the V's), a religious allegory (the V's make a crippled man walk, filling up churches again) or just a sci-fi throwback to the days of "Earth vs. the Flying Saucers" and "The Thing," "V" is irresistible. This bandwagon is definitely worth jumping on.

rofl

JudynTX
11-04-2009, 09:06 AM
uh. i thought this new one was a little blah. didn't the original wait til the 3rd or so episode to let you in on the punch line? don't remember. so long ago. this one just seems forced. they're already being peckerheads. the "universal health care" was a lol moment. might see the second episode, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut doubtful.

:lol Yea, it got cheesey when they said "universal health care".

I vaguely remember the original series. There are only going to be 4 episodes and then a 4 month break. WTF

angel_luv
11-04-2009, 12:38 PM
Boo! I thought this thread was addressed to me!

760Spursfan
11-04-2009, 01:14 PM
I haven't seen the new series but I may catch it sometime. I remember that I loved the original when I was a kid but I caught a bit of it last night on the SYFY channel and thought it was pretty cheesy.

DarkReign
11-04-2009, 02:14 PM
I wanted to watch it but local television interrupted the broadcast for the city elections.

Doesnt sound like I missed anything.

EmptyMan
11-04-2009, 02:17 PM
The original stars the same guy who played Beastmaster. That alone makes it classic.

Viva Las Espuelas
11-04-2009, 03:32 PM
marc singer

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-04-2009, 03:37 PM
Wait a minute, Alan Tudyk is on it? So it's got both Inara AND Wash from "Firefly"?

Well, then, yes. Nerdgasm. Might be worth a shot next week.

ABC is stacked with Firefly alums this fall. Gina Torres has a small role on Flash Forward and Nathan Fillion is starring in Castle. They could slap together a TGIF sitcom with Adam Baldwin and Summer Glau just for the hell of it.

Kermit
11-04-2009, 04:03 PM
I just finished watching the pilot and I thought it was pretty good. I didn't have a problem with the amount of info, seeing as how it's a "pilot" and they're trying to get a pretty high rating. It was no suprise that they were going to move quickly. They needed to establish the story for the season and I think they were pretty sucessful.

Ginofan
11-04-2009, 04:06 PM
I've never seen the original but it seemed alright to me. I dig Elizabeth Mitchell and Morris Chestnut (that is one BABM!) so I'll probably give it a few more episodes.

Did anyone else scream like hell when Erica pulled the skin back on Dale's face and the freaky lizard alien thing's eye moved??? Oh man I had to laugh at myself for screaming so loud. :lol

Pero
11-04-2009, 04:38 PM
I liked it. Morena Baccarin is gorgeus, but I like her more with long hair too. And maybe she's a little creepy here haha, could be just because she's a lizard underneath now. :lol

EmptyMan
11-04-2009, 05:00 PM
The funny thing about V's plot is the average male audience member is continually thinking to himself, "Hmmm a lizard underneath, she is hot though....yea I probably would".

Cant_Be_Faded
11-04-2009, 10:36 PM
Uh, duh

exstatic
11-04-2009, 11:28 PM
too much like lost fo rme

WTF? V did the reveal in EPISODE ONE!!! You didn't find out anything at all in SEASON ONE of Lost. :lol

I'm not captivated by it, but I have no other shows on Tuesday right now. I'll watch, but it's not on my TiVo list. My initial reaction is that V gets dumped when Deadliest Catch returns.

Cant_Be_Faded
11-04-2009, 11:38 PM
They are set up for failure by only showing 4 episodes then going on haitus until feb or so. It's paradoxical that they have been doing such good advertising and campaigning for this series, to only show 4 episodes then go on a three month break.

by the time they come back, noone will remember what the hell it is, and noone will care.

automatic epic fail

this will happen, yet people get paid millions of dollars to run this shit the way they do. CBS crominates every aspect of cable tv, it's already a given that ABC will blow sack. pathetic. I shoulda gone into tv. those fuckers have no idea what they are doing

u2sarajevo
11-05-2009, 11:02 AM

Well, then, yes. Nerdgasm. Might be worth a shot next week.************SPOILER (HIGHLIGHT TO REVEAL)************

Tudyk's character got waxed in the first episode. But I would still give it a shot.

I thought it was pretty good. I have a feeling that they rushed the info we already knew in so they could (hopefully) take it in a different direction (ala BG and the new Star Trek movie). But I guess only time will tell. But I really don't know why else they would spill the beans on what was a shocker from the original series.

EmptyMan
11-05-2009, 11:10 AM
The original was good because it was like Red Dawn but with Commie Aliens.

This new one is just another cookie cutter tv drama. It will not last.

Dr Cox
11-05-2009, 11:49 AM
wasnt too impressed but i will watch again next week

Melmart1
11-10-2009, 10:34 PM
************SPOILER (HIGHLIGHT TO REVEAL)************

Tudyk's character got waxed in the first episode. But I would still give it a shot.

I thought it was pretty good. I have a feeling that they rushed the info we already knew in so they could (hopefully) take it in a different direction (ala BG and the new Star Trek movie). But I guess only time will tell. But I really don't know why else they would spill the beans on what was a shocker from the original series.

He will still be in several episodes. He was in this week's and is in the preview for next week's episode as well.

Anyone watch tonight?

BacktoBasics
11-11-2009, 09:51 AM
I don't have a problem with the way the show is laying out. There really isn't a need to hold back a reveal because we already know what the premise is. Its going to be about the fight, the war not the unknown. I don't watch Lost and I stopped watching Heroes because its not what I want in TV drama. All we ever got in Lost and Heroes was one unanswered cliff hanger after another. Just wait until just wait until just wait until so on and so on. You gotta give us a small story with closure that fits in with the big picture. Episodes that stand on their own two feet but also play a role in the full scope of the program. Those shows do well in my opinion. People get bored being let on and let on with 6 episodes of a developing story that never really delivers. I think the show will do okay.

4 episodes and a break isn't going to help though.

JudynTX
11-11-2009, 02:26 PM
I'm still watching. You just don't know who to trust now.

TheMACHINE
11-18-2009, 05:24 PM
i just watched all 3 episdoes, but i love it so far. I cant compare it to the old one, but im into it. But then again, im also into 90210 and Glee. LOL

Cant_Be_Faded
11-19-2009, 01:05 AM
I am definitely into this show thus far. Nothing special but the only thing remotely interesting on Tuesdays. But I can't help but see this going the way of sarah connor chronicles....the writers strike made it haitus for a few months and when it came back it lost about 3/4 of its audience.
The same will happen to this show.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-09-2011, 12:44 PM
Guess I was wrong. V Came back last Tuesday. Fuckin missed the season premiere. Hope it stays decent.

http://snarkerati.com/tv-news/files/2009/03/v_moreno_baccari.jpg

4>0rings
01-09-2011, 03:46 PM
Damn it me too, they'll show it again though.