11-04-2009, 12:17 AM
Hawks are good.

dirk4mvp
11-04-2009, 12:18 AM
LA barely beating the Thunder :lol :lol :lol

21_Blessings
11-04-2009, 12:18 AM
Watch me jinx it.
Portland is still garbage and OKC is a bigger threat for having actual Western Conference relevance.

Lars
11-04-2009, 12:19 AM
Steve Blake might be the worst player in the NBA who gets signifigant minutes.

Chieflion
11-04-2009, 12:20 AM
Steve Blake might be the worst player in the NBA who gets signifigant minutes.
Michael Finley is still playing.

mogrovejo
11-04-2009, 12:21 AM
That Joe Johnson triple off the dribble where Roy went under the pick and Oden dropped down to zone instead of hedging was the dagger. Blazers' screen/roll defense is completely atrocious because Greg Oden is just too fucking slow. The NBA game is too quick for players like him these days. He'd do great in the Mark Eaton era.

Allanon
11-04-2009, 12:25 AM
Portland still suffering from a lack of leadership.

NuGGeTs-FaN
11-04-2009, 12:27 AM
geez the NW was meant to be tough.

The Nuggets OWN

The blazers suck

The jazz suck

The Thunder suck

The wolves, well you know

Allanon
11-04-2009, 12:28 AM
geez the NW was meant to be tough.

The Nuggets OWN

The blazers suck

The jazz suck

The Thunder suck

The wolves, well you know

I think the NorthWest battle will heat up significantly.

Top to bottom, that's probably the most scrappy division.

j.dizzle
11-04-2009, 12:29 AM
Shiiiiiiiiiit. I'd take Blake over Farmar any day of the week. Add Sasha to that list too.

Fuck yaaaaaaaaaaa & the sad thing is that farmar is cocky..That piece of crap is just a turnover waiting to happen

NuGGeTs-FaN
11-04-2009, 12:29 AM
i hope so. It makes it more exciting. The Nuggets will have a lull i am sure and the Blazers will start rolling when everyone gets going, but the Jazz just suck.

Lars
11-04-2009, 12:30 AM
I think they are really missing a strong defense player on the wing. Batum will probably work a few years down the line when he is a lock down defender but as of now their lack of defensive "talent" is just awful. They were doubling guys and it just led to open dunk after open dunk for the Hawks.

Oden continues to rack up more fouls per minute played than anyone in the history of the league. He is in dire need of an experienced big man mentor. He blocks some shots sure, but as of now, he is more of a detrement than anything else.

The biggest problem is Steve "I shoot 35% on wide open shots" Blake. The Blazers are in desperate need of a pure shooting point guard who plays above average defense... passing/slashing/creating not needed at all for this team.

Pritchard is sleek in his acquisition of talent, but it just isn't the right talent. They lack synergy in the worst way.

err I mean...this is a non issue.

sribb43
11-04-2009, 12:30 AM
Lol Andre Miller

redzero
11-04-2009, 12:31 AM
Ship be sinking. They're stuck with Aldridge making way more money than he's worth.

lil_penny
11-04-2009, 12:32 AM
Good game to the hawks... damn blazers have looked like shit all 5 games this season I'm not gonna lie.... and wtf was mcmillan doing during the 2nd half with all his bunk ass odd ball substitutions? I'm drinkin myself to sleep, good night all!

tlongII
11-04-2009, 12:44 AM
We're 2 and 3. Not good obviously, but it's still early.

Lars
11-04-2009, 12:47 AM
So Tllong/Penny, how about some home town analysis including some specific Blazer personel, instead of blind blanket statements of optimism?

lil_penny
11-04-2009, 12:47 AM
We're 2 and 3. Not good obviously, but it's still early.

I'm fuckin paniking dude! Were 5 games into the season and look like the 95 clips!!!! I'm sure we are going to get it together, hopefully sooner than later though.

redzero
11-04-2009, 12:49 AM
So Tllong/Penny, how about some home town analysis including some specific Blazer personel, instead of blind blanket statements of optimism?

Penny sounds optimistic to you?

lil_penny
11-04-2009, 12:57 AM
Not as long as Oden keeps fouling, and Travis is back-up PF. You saw tonight how the Hawks got all the key rebounds. The Spurs are coming in Friday to kick some booty.

yea something needs to get done cause this team needs wake the fuck up..... and big dick jefferson is gonna drop 50 on our asses to make matters worse

lil_penny
11-04-2009, 01:01 AM
And oh yea fuck t-mobile!!!

Morg1411
11-04-2009, 02:02 AM
lol Blazers.

ginobili's bald spot
11-04-2009, 03:15 AM
lol Blazers. What happened tlong? I thought nobody had a chance against the Blazers? Looks like you were wrong again you fat old fuck.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-04-2009, 03:17 AM
Looks like you were wrong again you fat old fuck.

What's with fat old people on this message board being too puss to deal with their team losing. We got Tlong tonight, and Cubby not being here ever since LA lost.

ginobili's bald spot
11-04-2009, 09:33 AM
and Cubby not being here ever since LA lost.

That was a very underrated development on spurstalk this week. I wonder what happened to that guy? Maybe he was busted in some kind of sting operation on Halloween, trying to find little kids 'sans daddy'.

ElNono
11-04-2009, 09:35 AM
Non-Issue

resistanze
11-04-2009, 09:53 AM
That was a very underrated development on spurstalk this week. I wonder what happened to that guy? Maybe he was busted in some kind of sting operation on Halloween, trying to find little kids 'sans daddy'.

:lol

Biggems
11-04-2009, 09:58 AM
LA barely beating the Thunder :lol :lol :lol

they are the defending champs and it is november...forgive them for being a little uninspired at this point in the season. They got a conference road win, and the W is all that matters.

we need them to lose as much as possible without Gasol, cause when he comes back, they will be pretty much unstoppable against almost every team in the league.....only SA, Boston, Orlando, Houston, and maybe Dallas has a shot at hanging with them.

Biggems
11-04-2009, 09:59 AM
Sam Bowie II had a great night......

djohn2oo8
11-04-2009, 10:04 AM

Well, looks like you were right, Cubby got busted

http://tudzy.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/mug-thumb.jpg

Spurs Brazil
11-04-2009, 01:42 PM
Fear Of An NBA Planet
By J.A. Adande
ESPN.com
(Archive)
One week into the 2009-10 season and doubt can be found anywhere you look in the NBA. It's fear that is the rare commodity.

Doubt exists even among the pleasant surprises, in addition to the teams that don't give you reason to believe. Maybe you doubt the Houston Rockets can maintain their good start once opponents realize they'll have to expend an additional amount of energy to beat them. Or you question whether the undefeated Phoenix Suns can avoid reversing into a sudden losing streak when they play their next two games in Orlando and Boston.

Fear is the province of a select few.

• Any team who looks at the schedule and is playing the Boston Celtics.

• Any player who looks at the matchups on the whiteboard in the locker room and sees he is guarding Carmelo Anthony that night.

• The Portland Trail Blazers.

Everything else in the NBA is just a matter of concerns that can be addressed, or low expectations coming to fruition.

The Celtics are serving a reminder that as long as Kevin Garnett is in the lineup, no one in the green jersey is allowed to take nights off on the defensive end. The way they're protecting the basket, you'd trust them to safeguard your family heirlooms and a list of all your PINs. Only one of their first five opponents has reached 90 points. Agents should start creating Excel files detailing their player's performances against non-Celtics opponents, just to remind potential free-agent suitors of what can be accomplished under normal circumstances.

And who would want to have to stop Anthony right now? Stand your ground and he'll put you on the wrong end of a "SportsCenter" highlight, just like poor Paul Millsap. Close in and he'll drive by you. Give him some room and he'll pull up for a jumper over you.

It's clear that Anthony is ready to inflict Category 5 hurricane damage on the league this year. He's already so intense that there's no way you can call him Melo. Nothing mellow about him. That's Carmelo K. Anthony to you. He has already set the standard so high that when he scored 25 points against the Pacers on Tuesday, it felt like a massive letdown. His average dropped four points, to 33.5 per game.

Anthony and the Celtics are harming other teams. The Blazers are self-mutilating. Dropping a home game to Anthony's Nuggets by missing two free throws at the end. Letting the Atlanta Hawks outrebound them 46-36. The Hawks are supposed to be younger and more energetic than most teams ... but not the Blazers.

Their No. 1 overall pick from the 2007 draft has 19 personal fouls and 16 field goal attempts. Their offseason free-agent acquisition is shooting 34 percent. They are 2-3, with two home losses.

There are plenty of other teams with losing records. Most of them were supposed to be that way. Utah and New Orleans might be surprises, but most Conventional Wisdom watches had down arrows next to those teams and an up arrow by Portland. The other teams with optimistic outlooks are at least at .500 now, unless you want to include the Clippers. And the Portland Trail Blazers didn't assemble this roster to be compared with the Clippers. That's the neighborhood they've stumbled into. That's the reason for fear.

J.A. Adande is an ESPN.com senior writer and the author of "The Best Los Angeles Sports Arguments." Click here to e-mail J.A.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dime-091103

jonnybravo
11-04-2009, 02:41 PM

Lol.

Hate to cap on a fellow fan but that dude's shtick is so wack. Reeks of desperation.