PDA

View Full Version : refs definitely changing their act!!!!

lennyalderette
11-04-2009, 02:10 AM
It was here on spurtalk where i read the Tim donaghy excerpts, and was very interested to see how the refs would react to the info donaghy realeased. We Spurs fanatics received the info on 10/28, and im sure the refs heard the news that evening as well or maybe even the next day. I had a chance to see the lakers/clippers game the previous day and was really dissapointed. The clippers at times were very close to catching up and then were called for the usual bogus calls when l.a really needed them, i thought to myself "wow they have the refs behind them again" these calls were ridiculous and if you look at the game info the clips played better than the lakers.

Then.... all of a sudden it stopped!!! since that game the donaghy news broke out, kobe was a main focul point in those excerpts, there is an independent party taking over the investigation, and the very next day the mavs beat the crap out of the lakers!. How significant was this win? well lets just say they hadn't lost to dallas since march of 07. Coincidence? i dont think so. It also seems the "star treatment" has vanished along with L.a's invincibility.

I didnt really want to jump to conclusions so i waited for tonights OKC vs L.A game and if you saw that game you know what i mean, kobe along with l.a's main players were totally perplexed. I must say they are calling a fair game!! (out of fear of being investigated) of course, but it sure feels good to see a no call everytime kobe shoots and yells "ahhhh" when he misses.

My point is if you have been a fan of the nba for quite some time you have to recognize these lopsided inconsistent calls! check out the next few l.a games, for all the fans that think the spurs were given a championship ask yourself why would the nba do that? ask yourself the same question for l.a, boston. I hate that this has happened to the league, but i am glad this ref spoke out we need to have a fair game again, and clean up this league before people stop watching it!!! and im sure everyone (fan,player,coach) just wants A FAIR GAME
!!!SORRY MY FIRST POST WAS SO DARN LONG

:flag:

Fabbs
11-04-2009, 08:38 AM
I also got a kick out of the refs temporarily calling the game fairly vs Kome and the Flamers vs the Mavs. Kome is just lost without his refs.

So vs OKC the refs were good too?

SpurNation
11-04-2009, 08:59 AM
Wait until it blows over. It'll probably go back to the same come playoffs.

Riverwalkman
11-04-2009, 09:21 AM
I think if the refs were cheating, how could Spurs win 4 Champions.

urunobili
11-04-2009, 09:26 AM
please use paragraphs next time...

Ice009
11-04-2009, 09:39 AM
Wait until it blows over. It'll probably go back to the same come playoffs.

They should release the book just before the playoffs then.

SpurNation
11-04-2009, 10:12 AM
They should release the book just before the playoffs then.

Great idea.

NRHector
11-04-2009, 10:32 AM
They should release the book just before the playoffs then.or bring the topic back before the playoff like politicians do before the elections

lennyalderette
11-04-2009, 12:55 PM
please use paragraphs next time...
wait a minute i remember using paragraphs and when i hit submit it all went to crap, and i said screw it. i cleaned it up a bit kinda too late i already posted

lennyalderette
11-04-2009, 01:01 PM
I also got a kick out of the refs temporarily calling the game fairly vs Kome and the Flamers vs the Mavs. Kome is just lost without his refs.

So vs OKC the refs were good too?
yeah they were treating kobe like sasha, im not even joking i think he had 5 fouls by the start of the fourth. damn OKC they had plenty of chances to beat the lakers. Chris webber and Kevin Mchale had this look on their face when the quarter was over, i remember mchale saying "glad to see the refs calling it by the book"

silverblackfan
11-04-2009, 01:11 PM
I will believe it when the play offs are here and they are still calling it fair. Until then, it is fun to watch the OKC give LA all they could handle.

EmptyMan
11-04-2009, 02:25 PM
Refs were calling some weak fouls on Ron Ron.

The NBA is a product, not a sport. The refs will be on their knees for superstars and still be dictating tempo once the playoffs start.

StrangeCheez
11-04-2009, 02:29 PM
I doubt this will last... Once people forget about the book, it'll go back to normal.

lennyalderette
11-04-2009, 03:00 PM
i just find it amazing that more people dont speak out about this, i mean before this guy tim said anything you were labeled a sore loser or a conspiracy freak if you questioned the calls, but now that theres substantial evidence, my evidence is the way the refs are calling games due to this investigation!! i mean its so freakin obvious! if we dont keep this thing alive whats the point of having other teams ? i mean if its going to be one the best stars from each conference well lets just save the trouble and let 2 teams play all year!!

Whisky Dog
11-04-2009, 03:12 PM
Hopefully some evidence comes out, Donny can publish his book, and the NBA has to call fairer games for quite a while. This just might be an enjoyable season of NBA basketball.

JWest596
11-04-2009, 04:59 PM
if the public permanently perceives that the integrity of the game is malleable, then it's non stop slippery slope into "entertainment" and the end of the NBA. There's way too much discussion of "refs" and "fixes" and "influenced" and subjective calls" and it can turn into a cancer.

TIMMYD!
11-04-2009, 05:03 PM
I think if the refs were cheating, how could Spurs win 4 Champions.

Maybe we've just been that good and if they weren't cheating we would have more.

HarlemHeat37
11-04-2009, 05:13 PM
Winning titles doesn't really disqualify cheating..I'm not a conspiracy theorist to the full extent, but it's obvious that pro sports leagues favor certain teams and players..nobody can really deny that..just like Barkley said last week, it's not like this is news..

wildbill2u
11-04-2009, 07:57 PM
Damn, I saw those games and thought the refs had really made a change to give other teams and players a square deal against Kobe and the Lakers, but I thought it was just me and my own prejudices.

Glad to know some others noticed it also.

Interrohater
11-04-2009, 08:06 PM
Again, this can all be rectified with the simple institution of the instant replay. We need a dedicated replay official, or coach's challenges like in the NFL. Integrity will be forced upon the refs if the big calls are scrutinized by every NBA fan watching.

It would make the games longer, but then again, maybe the absence of some of the so-called "ticky tack" fouls (I hate those words by the way) would render the time differential not as substantial.

lennyalderette
11-04-2009, 09:19 PM
Winning titles doesn't really disqualify cheating..I'm not a conspiracy theorist to the full extent, but it's obvious that pro sports leagues favor certain teams and players..nobody can really deny that..just like Barkley said last week, it's not like this is news..
my exact thoughts, we just need to bring it up more and eventually its all going to come out!

Damn, I saw those games and thought the refs had really made a change to give other teams and players a square deal against Kobe and the Lakers, but I thought it was just me and my own prejudices.

Glad to know some others noticed it also.
yeah im sure theres more laker fans noticing it!!ha seriously though? why arent there any laker fans talking crap about my post? hmmm..

Again, this can all be rectified with the simple institution of the instant replay. We need a dedicated replay official, or coach's challenges like in the NFL. Integrity will be forced upon the refs if the big calls are scrutinized by every NBA fan watching.

It would make the games longer, but then again, maybe the absence of some of the so-called "ticky tack" fouls (I hate those words by the way) would render the time differential not as substantial.

very good idea, i also think if the refs are as honest as they claim to be why not give these guys lie detector tests! i mean if im innocent im taking one! right? i know the preseason refs weren't as good as the old ones, but i was happy about a pontentially fair season for everyone. maybe there can be a(n) "internal affairs"for nba officials!!

TwoHandJam
11-04-2009, 09:28 PM

Yep. All this has been discussed a long time ago. Here's (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14850&page=2&pp=26) a nostalgic thread if you want to see my thoughts on this.

lennyalderette
11-04-2009, 11:42 PM
Yep. All this has been discussed a long time ago. Here's (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14850&page=2&pp=26) a nostalgic thread if you want to see my thoughts on this.

yes true but we shouldnt let it die out thats what they want us to do!! bring it up and voice our opinion , buy donny's book!!lol

Manufan909
11-04-2009, 11:52 PM
Dirk just fouled out, there might be some merit to the OP, cuz I've never seen the big German foul out.

montgod
11-05-2009, 12:53 AM
I agree.... there definitely was a different type of officiating going on when the Lakers played the Thunder yesterday. Kobe was getting pissed that he wasn't getting the calls he is used to.