PDA

View Full Version : No Gasol = Old Kobe

da_suns_fan
11-04-2009, 10:27 AM
You know...the Kobe that shoots thirty times a game and only passes as a last resort (which often results in a turnover).

Kobe is averaging 24 shots a game (two more than his closest competitor) and almost 12 free throws a game. Meanwhile, he has a 1:1 assist/turnover ratio.

So much for his "metamorphosis". He's still the same douche bag he always was.

ginobili's bald spot
11-04-2009, 10:34 AM
Unlike Nash, he's a douchebag that wins championships.

will_spurs
11-04-2009, 10:36 AM
Unlike Nash, he's a douchebag that wins championships.

Let's see how many championships he wins this year if Gasol is injured.

I think it's the first time I agree with a Suns fan analysis :)

Spursmania
11-04-2009, 10:37 AM
Well, I think it's obvious Kobe couldn't have won the Championship without Gasol. Just like Timmy can't win a Championship on his own. He's always needed his supporting cast.

Make no mistake, Gasol is a necessary component to a winning Lakers team. And, yes, he helps Kobe look great.

ginobili's bald spot
11-04-2009, 10:38 AM
Let's see how many championships he wins this year if Gasol is injured.

I think it's the first time I agree with a Suns fan analysis :)

That's a helluva argument. Lets see how many championships he wins without the second best player on the team. Wow you really showed him. :rolleyes

TheManFromAcme
11-04-2009, 11:12 AM
Mighty big of Suns fan to make that comment but a fair one at that. The season is still at it's infancy and is becoming obvious that the Lakers miss Gasol but this group will hold the fort. Who do you want the go to guy to be...Sasha? If your the Lakers you want Kobe to take the shots that might otherwise be missed aside from Bynum speaking of which the boy is coming along great and puts pressure on him to produce. Once Gasol is in full fledged this Laker team will dominate. Again folks, way to, to early to make final ruling on any team much less the Lakers who still hold the distinction of being the favorites. How bout those boys from bean-town? They are tearing it up.
:wow

da_suns_fan
11-04-2009, 11:23 AM
Mighty big of Suns fan to make that comment but a fair one at that. The season is still at it's infancy and is becoming obvious that the Lakers miss Gasol but this group will hold the fort. Who do you want the go to guy to be...Sasha? If your the Lakers you want Kobe to take the shots that might otherwise be missed aside from Bynum speaking of which the boy is coming along great and puts pressure on him to produce. Once Gasol is in full fledged this Laker team will dominate. Again folks, way to, to early to make final ruling on any team much less the Lakers who still hold the distinction of being the favorites. How bout those boys from bean-town? They are tearing it up.
:wow

So Kobe's taking so many shots because he's in "go-to-guy" mode for every single one?

You would think they didnt have Bynum or Odom or Artest on the team.

I guess Laker fan is back into "Well what do you expect with those LOUSY teammates?!!" :lol

btw - I still expect the Lakers to win the championship. My point is that Kobe is still just as arrogant and stupid as he was four years ago.

da_suns_fan
11-04-2009, 11:33 AM
One last thing....

Almost every Laker shot a beter percentage than Kobe last night.....even Sasha. :lol

JamStone
11-04-2009, 11:34 AM
Kobe is who he is. When he has teammates he trusts, he's more willing to share the spotlight. But, he won't simply be Mr. Unselfish if he believes the best chance for his team to win is for him to takeover (game 7 notwithstanding), whether that presumption is accurate or not. No matter what Kobe does or how he plays, there will be critics, detractors, haters. Kobe could lead the Lakers to five titles in a row and there would still be haters. So he's selfish because there's no Pau. Are you really that surprised? Kobe probably still has the desire to win more league MVPs and it's a good time to pad his stats while Gasol is out. Again, are you surprised?

TheManFromAcme
11-04-2009, 11:37 AM
So Kobe's taking so many shots because he's in "go-to-guy" mode for every single one?

I guess Laker fan is back into "Well what do you expect with those LOUSY teammates?!!" :lol

btw - I still expect the Lakers to win the championship. My point is that Kobe is still just as arrogant and stupid as he was four years ago.

Look, your preaching to the choir. I like Kobe but am not one of those Laker fans who ride his jock from here to Christmas. Never have. Aside from Lamar who in that line-up can you say is $$ as far as taking shots? Fish? Farmar? Shannon? Mbenga? Only 2 guys I want to see take shots at this juncture w/o Gasol and that's Drew and Kobe. Lamar is a legend when it comes to having brain farts out there. Love him to death but he is what he is. If he was having one of those games by all means look for the guy but Kobe is good at evaluating a game and what is at stake and takes shots. I am sure he's cognizant of how the game transpired hence will determine if he passes or not. I am focusing on Drew right now. The kid is playing well and only means that if his game elevates more the Lakers are going to be that much better when Pau gets back at which at last count he's almost there. I'd rather see the Lakers play without him (Pau) and bring him in at 110%. Lets see how this pans out in the next couple of weeks. :toast

JamStone
11-04-2009, 11:56 AM
He's not a pure shooter, but Artest has proven to be a capable scorer on very good teams. That's three teammates in Bynum, Odom, and Artest Kobe should be able to trust in sharing touches and shots. I wouldn't defend Kobe based on what the Lakers need from him. I'd defend Kobe based on his history of being a selfish player. No one should be surprised by this. And it shouldn't be much of an issue at this point in the season. If it's happening in May and June with Kobe having his full complement of teammates and they're all healthy and producing, then it's an issue. Right now, not so much.

ginobili's bald spot
11-04-2009, 11:58 AM

It's pretty hard to knock what he's doing when he wins championships. Last time I checked, that's what this was all about. Not some arbitrary measure that you come up with. But I wouldn't expect a Nash fan to understand that. Enjoy your stats, "having fun" and losing. Because that's all you'll be getting with your boyfriend as the Suns best player.

in2deep
11-04-2009, 11:59 AM
last time I checked, he won a championship thanks to Pau Gasol

IronMexican
11-04-2009, 12:01 PM
Bynum deserves more shots.

sonic21
11-04-2009, 12:03 PM
Morrison needs playing time, he's the missing piece

da_suns_fan
11-04-2009, 12:05 PM
It's pretty hard to knock what he's doing when he wins championships. Last time I checked, that's what this was all about. Not some arbitrary measure that you come up with. But I wouldn't expect a Nash fan to understand that. Enjoy your stats, "having fun" and losing. Because that's all you'll be getting with your boyfriend as the Suns best player.

Last time I checked, Kobe was getting bounced in the first round (or missing the playoffs all together) before Gasol came around.

TheMACHINE
11-04-2009, 12:08 PM
You know...the Kobe that shoots thirty times a game and only passes as a last resort (which often results in a turnover).

Kobe is averaging 24 shots a game (two more than his closest competitor) and almost 12 free throws a game. Meanwhile, he has a 1:1 assist/turnover ratio.

A + B = C therefore C - B = A

DSF is a genius!

TheNextGen
11-04-2009, 12:11 PM

Who cares? His team is 3-1 and won a ring last season. Your team couldn't even make it into the playoffs.

Chomag
11-04-2009, 12:16 PM
Don't panic! The Grizzlies will bail them out.

Indazone
11-04-2009, 12:17 PM
Battier and the Rockets goal is to turn Kobe into a jump shooter and let him have his shots. Not a bad defensive strategy.

JamStone
11-04-2009, 12:17 PM
Kobe sure ain't no Channing Frye...

ginobili's bald spot
11-04-2009, 12:34 PM
last time I checked, he won a championship thanks to Pau Gasol

Last time I checked Tim Duncan won a championship thanks to Tony Parker. :rolleyes Logic fail as always from you.

da_suns_fan
11-04-2009, 12:41 PM
Kobe could go 1-20 and most Lakers fans still wouldnt admit that the guy is a douche.

Im gonna play pickup ball tonight and try to get 30 shots off so I can be like the Kobe-ster. If my teammates get mad, Im gonna do my best Kobe "pout" face and say "What do you expect with teammates like this?!!"

da_suns_fan
11-04-2009, 12:43 PM
Last time I checked Tim Duncan won a championship thanks to Tony Parker. :rolleyes Logic fail as always from you.

Except in 1999.

EPIC. FAIL! :lol

TheMACHINE
11-04-2009, 12:45 PM
Kobe could go 1-20 and most Lakers fans still wouldnt admit that the guy is a douche.

Im gonna play pickup ball tonight and try to get 30 shots off so I can be like the Kobe-ster. If my teammates get mad, Im gonna do my best Kobe "pout" face and say "What do you expect with teammates like this?!!"

last time i checked it was a close game and we won. Its not like its gonna be like that forever. Like you said, he is liek that cuz Gasol isnt on the floor. I dont see what point your trying to make.

JamStone
11-04-2009, 12:49 PM

If you're actually good and your team wins and gets to keep running, it might be less of an issue. But if you suck at basketball, then you shouldn't do that and it's a bad comparison to make.

You're hating merely for the sake of hating. A lot of the rational Laker fans (few though they may seem to be) would admit Kobe can be selfish at times. There's not much of a reason to hate on Kobe for being who he is, especially this early in the season. You come off as spiteful and jealous.

da_suns_fan
11-04-2009, 12:52 PM
last time i checked it was a close game and we won. Its not like its gonna be like that forever. Like you said, he is liek that cuz Gasol isnt on the floor. I dont see what point your trying to make.

My point is that Kobe is shooting a poor percentage yet continues to take a ridiculous amount of shots. Even when he has stellar teammates like odom, Bynum and Artest. And any talk about "Kobe getting it" or whatever was a complete fabrication. He's still the same douche he always was.

da_suns_fan
11-04-2009, 12:52 PM
If you're actually good and your team wins and gets to keep running, it might be less of an issue. But if you suck at basketball, then you shouldn't do that and it's a bad comparison to make.

You're hating merely for the sake of hating. A lot of the rational Laker fans (few though they may seem to be) would admit Kobe can be selfish at times. There's not much of a reason to hate on Kobe for being who he is, especially this early in the season. You come off as spiteful and jealous.

42% shooting. 40% last night.

And Bynum, Artest and Odom were shooting lights out last night.

JamStone
11-04-2009, 01:02 PM
I'm not one who's denying that Kobe is selfish or claiming that he shouldn't allow his teammates to get more touches and get more involved. I'm just saying it's pretty petty to criticize him for being exactly what he's always been and this early in the season, and also that you come off as spiteful and jealous.

ginobili's bald spot
11-04-2009, 01:06 PM
Except in 1999.

EPIC. FAIL! :lol

Except in 2000, 2001 and 2002. You keep failing. Every lame ass argument you present can be turned around on you.

da_suns_fan
11-04-2009, 01:07 PM
I'm not one who's denying that Kobe is selfish or claiming that he shouldn't allow his teammates to getmilde touches and get more involved. I'm just saying it's pretty petty to criticize him for being exactly what he's always been and this early in the season, and also that you come off as spiteful and jealous.

Im jealous he has Gasol and Odom. I wish the Suns had them.

And its not petty to criticize him for being exactly what he's always been when the national media claimed he "changed". Obviously that point went right over your head.

ginobili's bald spot
11-04-2009, 01:09 PM
Im jealous he has Gasol and Odom. I wish the Suns had them.

Nash has had plenty of talent around him over the years. He just hasn't done shit with it. If you want to be jealous be jealous that Nash is not as good as Kobe and he never will be.

da_suns_fan
11-04-2009, 01:09 PM
Except in 2000, 2001 and 2002. You keep failing. Every lame ass argument you present can be turned around on you.

I almost feel sorry for you on that one. Just admit you screwed up. You sounded like a complete dumbass claiming that Duncan needed Parker when he won a championship without Parker. You owned yourself.

ElNono
11-04-2009, 01:11 PM
http://www.rtohq.org/rent-to-own/wp-content/uploads/image/GRAPHICS/RACLogo_RTOHQ040808.jpg

ginobili's bald spot
11-04-2009, 01:11 PM
I almost feel sorry for you on that one. Just admit you screwed up. You sounded like a complete dumbass claiming that Duncan needed Parker when he won a championship without Parker. You owned yourself.

How is it ant different from what you said dumbfuck? Your argument fails period. You can say that about any player who has ever won a championship. It's a stupid statement.

ElNono
11-04-2009, 01:12 PM
Now seriously... of course your team is going to suffer without one of your best players...

ginobili's bald spot
11-04-2009, 01:15 PM
According to DSF logic Pippen > Jordan. :rolleyes

da_suns_fan
11-04-2009, 01:16 PM
You feel sorry for a Laker fan!!!:wow

I feel sorry for anyone who embarrasses themselves like that, regardless of team affiliation.

Im guessing he's really young and doesnt immediately remember that the Spurs won in 1999.

da_suns_fan
11-04-2009, 01:17 PM
According to DSF logic Pippen > Jordan. :rolleyes

According to you, Duncan can't win a chamionship without Parker. :lol

(And Im not even stretching anything you said etc)

ginobili's bald spot
11-04-2009, 01:19 PM
I feel sorry for anyone who embarrasses themselves like that, regardless of team affiliation.

Im guessing he's really young and doesnt immediately remember that the Spurs won in 1999.

Wow... You are REALLY fucking stupid. I guess you are really young and don't remember Kobe won 3 fucking times before Gasol. If I embarrassed myself then what does that make you. Embarrassed x3? If you weren't dumb as a fucking rock you would realize I wasn't slighting Duncan. I was pointing out how stupid your argument was. You have been debunked sunfan.

ginobili's bald spot
11-04-2009, 01:22 PM
I heard about how dumb this guy was before I ever even saw him post from sunsfans themselves. They really weren't exaggerating. :lol

TheMACHINE
11-04-2009, 01:23 PM
Now seriously... of course your team is going to suffer without one of your best players...

QFT

Now if gasol comes back and Kobe goes ballhog crazy and the team loses cuz of that....feel free to bash.

ginobili's bald spot
11-04-2009, 01:24 PM

This is the point I was trying to get across to this guy. He just doesn't get it.

TheMACHINE
11-04-2009, 01:25 PM
DSF is the same guy who is ok with KG and his antics but calls kobe a douche for not passing the ball. lol

da_suns_fan
11-04-2009, 01:26 PM
Wow... You are REALLY fucking stupid. I guess you are really young and don't remember Kobe won 3 fucking times before Gasol. If I embarrassed myself then what does that make you. Embarrassed x3? If you weren't dumb as a fucking rock you would realize I wasn't slighting Duncan. I was pointing out how stupid your argument was. You have been debunked sunfan.

Actually no. You were responding to someone else who said that Kobe won a ring thanks to Gasol which was arguing against the stupid argument you were making that Kobe can play however he wants since he's winning champioinships.

Your response was that Duncan won a championship thanks to Parker which doesnt make any sense considering he won a championship without Parker and no one can claim that Duncan was riding the coattails of the big diesel in 99 either.

So thus, you failed on two arguments.

1) Kobe can play however he wants since he wins championships (he was getting bounced in the first round or missing the playoffs all together before Gasol came around).

2) Kobe's dependence on Gasol (or Shaq) is the same as saying Duncan is dependent on Parker.

Both time GBS = complete Douche.

ginobili's bald spot
11-04-2009, 01:27 PM
DSF is the same guy who is ok with KG and his antics but calls kobe a douche for not passing the ball. lol

The suns have/will never get to the finals so he has no reason to hate KG.

The Gemini Method
11-04-2009, 01:28 PM
Wow...I spent time reading this thread that I will never get back. It's almost foolish that I am even wasting EVEN more time posting on it. I mean, wow...

da_suns_fan
11-04-2009, 01:28 PM

KG is a warrior. Kobe is a douche. Yes. I stand by that statement.

da_suns_fan
11-04-2009, 01:29 PM
The suns have/will never get to the finals so he has no reason to hate KG.

ONCE AGAIN, YOU OWN YOURSELF!!!

Suns have been to the finals, moron! TWICE!!

This is like shooting fish in a barrel! :lol

hater
11-04-2009, 01:29 PM
:lol Sunfan doing a good trolling job on lakerfans

TheMACHINE
11-04-2009, 01:30 PM
Actually no. You were responding to someone else who said that Kobe won a ring thanks to Gasol which was arguing against the stupid argument you were making that Kobe can play however he wants since he's winning champioinships.

Your response was that Duncan won a championship thanks to Parker which doesnt make any sense considering he won a championship without Parker and no one can claim that Duncan was riding the coattails of the big diesel in 99 either.

1) Kobe can play however he wants since he wins championships (he was getting bounced in the first round or missing the playoffs all together before Gasol came around).

2) Kobe's dependence on Gasol (or Shaq) is the same as saying Duncan is dependent on Parker.

So Duncan didnt depend on Manu , Parker or Robinson?

ElNono
11-04-2009, 01:31 PM
KG is a warrior

I LOL'ed

da_suns_fan

:toast Its not that hard.

Going to lunch.

TheMACHINE

KG is a douche. Kobe is a warrior. I stand by my statement.

jason1301
11-04-2009, 01:34 PM
That's a helluva argument. Lets see how many championships he wins without the second best player on the team. Wow you really showed him. :rolleyes

w/o Pau you wont make it out of the first round.

Are you not worried your starters log in almost 40min per game? I would be if I was a Lakers fan.

TheMACHINE
11-04-2009, 01:37 PM
w/o Pau you wont make it out of the first round.

Are you not worried your starters log in almost 40min per game? I would be if I was a Lakers fan.

worry about your spurs getting past the first round and we'll worry about us getting past the Finals.

in2deep
Are you not worried your starters log in almost 40min per game?

vs. the Thunder :D

ginobili's bald spot

Kobe depends on having capable teammates just like everyone else stupid ass. Can you refute that fact? I'm waiting. Keep trying to deflect. Maybe no one will notice. :lol

Kobe already had 3 championships before Gasol came around. Now he has another one. Duncan won one championship before parker/Ginobili came around. Now he has 3 more. Is this really that hard to understand or are you just trying to obfuscate in an attempt to try not to look like a dumbass? Jordan has ZERO championships without Pippen! By your logic I guess that makes him the worst of all right? :rolleyes:rollin

Nash on the other hand has had Joe Johnson, Amare, Marion, Shaq and a host of others... And he can't even make it to the finals. :lmao

Brazil
11-04-2009, 01:42 PM

yes indeed

TheMACHINE
11-04-2009, 01:45 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v309/Janthony019/Spursmavs.jpg

JamStone
11-04-2009, 02:06 PM

KG is a warrior who is also a complete douchebag.

Kobe is a douche who is also probably the NBA player with the greatest work ethic in the entire league.

But whatever... the hate is strong in this one.

Allanon
11-04-2009, 02:14 PM
Sorry guys, this is a failure of an argument.

No Gasol means more PT for Kobe. You guys said it yourself, Kobe's playing time has risen so naturally, the number of shots also increase.

But look at how many shots he takes relative to his increased playing time.

First 4 games of last year vs first 4 this year
Last year, Kobe with Gasol averaged 33 minutes and 19 shots
This year, Kobe without Gasol averages 40 minutes and 24 shots

19 Shots per 33 minutes = .6 shots per minute
24 Shots per 40 minutes = .6 shots per minute

It's the same as last year with Pau.

La Peace
11-04-2009, 03:21 PM

Durant went 3/21 the other night, douche?

The Gemini Method
11-04-2009, 03:29 PM

Remind me, SpurFan...how did the Spurs fare against the Thunder last year? The Lakers are defending champs and will get everyone's A game regardless if they're the lowly teams or contending juggernauts.

If there is a cry to criticize kobe for his 9-22 shooting night, there has to be a little attention paid to the fact that Kevin Durant went 10-24 and had a few airballs when some of his teammates got open for better shots. Spread the blame to both taking unwarranted shots, but don't let your obvious spite guide your judgment.

There is no denying that Kobe is a douche...that's old hat for more reasonable Laker fans. But does it deserve another whole thread in which to rehash the same old drivel?

Chillen
11-04-2009, 04:09 PM
That is what I mean't by Gasol as the Lakers silent MVP. Without that Gasol trade Kobe would not have a ring #4.

TheMACHINE
11-04-2009, 04:12 PM
That is what I mean't by Gasol as the Lakers silent MVP. Without that Gasol trade Kobe would not have a ring #4.

How bout Fisher? Kobe wouldnt have ring #4 either cuz of him too. How bout Ariza with the stolen pass in Denver series...lets just make everyone a MVP.

21_Blessings
11-04-2009, 05:12 PM

No Gasol means more PT for Kobe. You guys said it yourself, Kobe's playing time has risen so naturally, the number of shots also increase.

Owned.

Stupid fucking Suns fan. :lol

da_suns_fan
11-04-2009, 05:50 PM

Nice try you little weasel. Did you think I wouldnt check that out?:

Kobe's first four games last year: 133 shots in 74 minutes = .55 shots per minute.

Kobe's first four games this year: 96 shots in 159 minutes = .60 shots per minute.

"So what?" you might ask? Thats only 0.05 shots per minute! Thats about two extra shots per 36 minutes.

Maybe Kobe just shoots more at the beginning of the year, because he's taking 4 more shots and 5 more free throws, dishing out 2 assists less while committing one extra turnover than his averages last year. Oh...and he's shooting 42% vs. 46% (epic douche-baggery).

And Gasol played in 81 games. Kobe played in all 82.

Thus the numbers state that hes shooting more than he did in the first four games last year (by a smaller amount but its there) and a WHOLE lot more than he did over the course of the whole season even though he's shooting and passing like garbage.

And thus, Kobe = Douche.

Muser
11-04-2009, 05:55 PM
When you call someone a weasel when they have said nothing to insult you, then that makes you an even bigger douche.

Allanon
11-04-2009, 05:55 PM
Nice try you little weasel. Did you think I wouldnt check that out?:

Kobe's first four games last year: 133 shots in 74 minutes = .55 shots per minute.

Kobe's first four games this year: 96 shots in 159 minutes = .60 shots per minute.

"So what?" you might ask? Thats only 0.05 shots per minute! Thats about two extra shots per 36 minutes.

You're friggin' kidding me. You're going to nitpick on .05?

Alright, I'll ignore your weasel comment and play your game. .05 gives Kobe 1 extra shot per 36 minutes.

So Kobe shoots 1 extra shot a game without his 2nd best player and that means that Kobe is "Old Kobe" again. :lol

da_suns_fan
11-04-2009, 05:57 PM
When you call someone a weasel when they have said nothing to insult you, then that makes you an even bigger douche.

Because he conveniently rounded up to suit his argument. Very weasel like. There's a lot worse things I could say.

da_suns_fan
11-04-2009, 05:59 PM
You're friggin' kidding me. You're going to nitpick on .05?

Alright, I'll ignore your weasel comment and play your game. .05 gives Kobe 1 extra shot per 36 minutes.

So Kobe shoots 1 extra shot a game without his 2nd best player and that means that Kobe is "Old Kobe" again. :lol

HOLY CRAP!!! HE DID IT AGAIN!!

You little weasel! You cant help yourself!!!:lol

.05 * 36 = 1.8.

1.8 != 1. You cannot CONVENIENTLY round DOWN from 1.8 to 1!!!!

Im just gonna start calling you weasel.

Allanon
11-04-2009, 05:59 PM
Because he conveniently rounded to suit his argument. Very weasel like. There's a lot worse things I could say.

Very nitpicky like actually. We're talking about .05.

So let's say Kobe takes that additional .05 on. So shooting 1 more shot while your 2nd best player is out constitutes returning to "Old Kobe"?

Allanon
11-04-2009, 06:01 PM
HOLY CRAP!!! HE DID IT AGAIN!!

You little weasel! You cant help yourself!!!:lol

.05 * 36 = 1.8.

1.8 != 1. You cannot CONVENIENTLY round DOWN from 1.8 to 1!!!!

Im just gonna start calling you weasel.

Hey, you're the one making a big deal out of .05.

It's impossible to put up 1.8 shots in a real game nitpicker.

You either put up 1 or 2 shots, you cannot put up 1.8. Which will it be?

And answer the question.

Allanon
11-04-2009, 06:05 PM
Hello?

Dumb_suns_fan? Answer please?

da_suns_fan
11-04-2009, 06:06 PM
Hey, you're the one making a big deal out of .05.

It's impossible to put up 1.8 shots per game nitpicker.

You either put up 1 or 2 shots, you cannot put up 1.8. Which will it be?

And answer the question.

Sure weasel, he's shooting "about" two shots more per 36 minutes over his averages for the first four games last year. His assisst numbers are way down too.

And also remember his shooting percentage is WAY down while his teammates are shooting lights out.

Thus, the numbers say Kobe = Douche.

Allanon
11-04-2009, 06:08 PM
Sure weasel, he's shooting "about" two shots more per 36 minutes over his averages for the first four games last year. His assisst numbers are way down too.

And also remember his shooting percentage is WAY down while his teammates are shooting lights out.

Thus, the numbers say Kobe = Douche.

Does a .05 "round up" cause a 1 or 2 shot variance in a REAL game?

It's simple as 1.8. There is NO such thing as 1.8 shots, dumbshit.

It's 1 shot not 2. You know this. Don't try to bring in other variables to cover up your stupidity.

So answer the question.

Does Kobe taking 1 shot more per 36 minutes while his 2nd best player is out make him "Old Kobe" again?

da_suns_fan
11-04-2009, 06:09 PM
More?

Hollinger calculates Kobe's number one in usage rate, even ahead of Carmelo:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics?sort=usg&pos=all&seasonType=2&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba %2fhollinger%2fstatistics%3fsort%3dusg%26pos%3dall %26seasonType%3d2

And Carmelo is shooting at a much better percentage as well.

Yep, the numbers continue to point to Kobe "just being Kobe".

Allanon
11-04-2009, 06:11 PM
More?

Hollinger calculates Kobe is number one in usage rate, even ahead of Carmelo:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics?sort=usg&pos=all&seasonType=2&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba %2fhollinger%2fstatistics%3fsort%3dusg%26pos%3dall %26seasonType%3d2

And Carmelo is shooting at a much better percentage as well.

Yep, the number continue to point to Kobe "just being Kobe".

Don't bring in this shit to cover your stupidity. You didn't look at his minutes when you made this thread bitch.

Just trying to back track your way out.

Wow 1 whole shot more :lmao

da_suns_fan
11-04-2009, 06:12 PM
Don't bring in this shit to cover your stupidity. You didn't look at his minutes when you made this thread bitch.

Huh? Because I pointed out Kobe leads the league in shots taken means I cant also point out that he leads the league in "usage rate" as well?

Per minute or overall, Kobe is chucking it up! :lol

And again, the worst part is he's doing it while his teammates are shooting so well.

da_suns_fan
11-04-2009, 06:15 PM
Does a .05 "round up" cause a 1 or 2 shot variance in a REAL game?

It's simple as 1.8. There is NO such thing as 1.8 shots, dumbshit.

It's 1 shot not 2. You know this. Don't try to bring in other variables to cover up your stupidity.

So answer the question.

Does Kobe taking 1 shot more per 36 minutes while his 2nd best player is out make him "Old Kobe" again?

Id just like to point out that you rounded down from 1.8 to 1 when it was convenient and this was AFTER you rounded .55 to 6 (up) when it was convenient. :lol

So your "shot is a shot" argument falls on deaf ears.

You got CAUGHT, weasel.

Allanon
11-04-2009, 06:16 PM
Huh? Because I pointed out Kobe leads the league in shots taken means I cant also point out that he leads the league in "usage rate" as well?

And again, the worst part is he's doing it while his teammates are shooting so well.

No you weasel. Look at the thread you created.

No Gasol = Old Kobe

You rounded up 24 shots and made it into 30 then you nitpicked me for .05 rounding up. WTF kind of hypocrisy is this?

Kobe's shooting 1 more shot than he did with Gasol. Your argument has failed.

If you had a different thread title perhaps; but your argument is that Kobe without Gasol shoots 30 times.

It's right here. Don't try to back-track and weasel your way out :lol

Baseline
11-04-2009, 06:16 PM
Last time I checked, Kobe was getting bounced in the first round (or missing the playoffs all together) before Gasol came around.

Da_Suns_Fan is right on the mark.

What has Bryant ever done without Shaquille or Gasol? Nothing.

He even missed the playoffs entirely one year. That's truly impressive.

da_suns_fan
11-04-2009, 06:19 PM
No you weasel. Look at the thread you created.

No Gasol = Old Kobe

You rounded up 24 shots and made it into 30 then you nitpicked me for .05 rounding up. WTF kind of hypocrisy is this?

Kobe's shooting 1 more shot than he did with Gasol. Your argument has failed.

If you had a different thread title perhaps; but your argument is that Kobe without Gasol shoots 30 times.

It's right here. Don't try to back-track and weasel your way out :lol

Sorry pal, but Kobe IS shooting 30 shots a game. See...I figured that number from his fields goals plus his free throws...it was my best guess estimate, and easily a lot more than last year. And thats not the same as you trying to prove theres no change in Kobe by conveniently rounding numbers (TWICE) to hide the fact that he's shooting two more times than he was at this point last year (which is stupid considering he played 81 games with Gasol and hes shooting much more right now than he did for the season last year).

Now...would you prefer "AllaWeasel" or "Weasellon"?

Allanon
11-04-2009, 06:20 PM
Id just like to point out that you rounded down from 1.8 to 1 when it was convenient and this was AFTER you rounded .55 to 6 (up) when it was convenient. :lol

So your "shot is a shot" argument falls on deaf ears.

You got CAUGHT, weasel.

Not at all dumb_suns_fan. :lol

You can round that .6 if you like. It doesn't change a thing.

You can't shoot 1.8 shots in a game. Either 1 or 2.

So answer the question.

Does Kobe shooting 1 extra shot per game with his 2nd best player out make him "Old Kobe" again?

da_suns_fan
11-04-2009, 06:24 PM
Not at all dumb_suns_fan. :lol

You can round that .6 if you like. It doesn't change a thing.

You can't shoot 1.8 shots in a game. Either 1 or 2.

So answer the question.

Does Kobe shooting 1 extra shot per game with his 2nd best player out make him "Old Kobe" again?

No, shooting two more shots per 36 minutes while shooting a much worse percentage and averaging less assists and more turnovers and leading the league in usage rate despite all this makes him "the old Kobe".

Or is it just "Kobe". See, I believe he really never "changed". I think the Lakers just go through Gasol more to hide Kobe's selfish decision making.

Allanon
11-04-2009, 06:27 PM
No, shooting two more shots per 36 minutes while shooting a much worse percentage and averaging less assists and more turnovers and leading the league in usage rate despite all this makes him "the old Kobe".

Or is it just "Kobe". See, I believe he really never "changed". I think the Lakers just go through Gasol more to hide Kobe's selfish decision making.

Again where is this 2 shots?

You said 1.8. How does 1.8 become 2? There is no such thing as .8 of a shot. That is 1 extra shot.

Answer the question dude, I've asked 4 times.

"Does Kobe shooting 1 extra shot per game with his 2nd best player out make him "Old Kobe" again?"

da_suns_fan
11-04-2009, 06:32 PM
Again where is this 2 shots?

You said 1.8. How does 1.8 become 2? There is no such thing as .8 of a shot. That is 1 extra shot.

Answer the question dude, I've asked 4 times.

"Does Kobe shooting 1 extra shot per game with his 2nd best player out make him "Old Kobe" again?"

Ive answered you like three times AllaWeasel.

You cant shoot 1.8 shots, but 1.8 means you USUALLY shoot two and on occasion, shoot 1. But USUALLY, its two (by a long shot). Thus, claiming that he's shooting one more time a game is disingenuous. Very weasel like. Also, youre picking out four games of last year versus the 81 games he played with Gasol.

And I dont care if the second best player is out considering Andrew Bynum is shooting 57% and Odom is shootig 48% while he's shooting 42%. Its inexcusable. PASS THE BALL, KOBE!! :lol

Allanon
11-04-2009, 06:33 PM
Ive answered you like three times AllaWeasel.

You cant shoot 1.8 shots, but 1.8 means you USUALLY shoot two and on occasion, shoot 1. But USUALLY, its two (by a long shot). Thus, claiming that he's shooting one more time a game is disingenuous. Very weasel like.

And I dont care if the second best player is out considering Andrew Bynum is shooting 57% and Odom is shootig 48%. while he's shooting 42%. Its inexcusable. PASS THE BALL, KOBE!! :lol

You are delusional because you have answered 0 times bitch. This ain't a trick question. It's a simple yes or no you can even answer A or B.

A. YES
B. NO

da_suns_fan
11-04-2009, 06:36 PM
You are delusional because you have answered 0 times bitch. This ain't a trick question. It's a simple yes or no you can even answer A or B.

A. YES
B. NO

Does Kobe shooting TWO more times per 36 minutes over his first four games last year and even more times per game versus the 81 games last year even though he's not shooting well and his teammates are and he's turning it over at a ridiculous rate make him the "Old Kobe"?

I say a resounding "YES". Thats why I started this thread! :lol

Allanon
11-04-2009, 06:37 PM
I'm too much of a punk to admit I was wrong

I knew your little bitch ass was a punk. Can't even answer a simple question.

Anybody reading this thread can see this.

:lol

da_suns_fan
11-04-2009, 06:39 PM
Well, Im done for the day.

We've learned something today about AllaWeasel. He will conveniently round numbers on per minute basis to help his argument.

Not QUITE as bad as when Monos changed a quote from seven seconds or less or the time he added in a story that didnt exist in the same book, but close.

Allanon
11-04-2009, 06:39 PM
Well, Im done for the day.

We've learned something today about AllaWeasel. He will conveniently round numbers on per minute basis to help his argument.

Not QUITE as bad as when Monos changed a quote from seven seconds or less or the time he added in a story that didnt exist in the same book, but close.

Hahah. yes, run away little punk. :lmao

This is just too easy.

ps. there's no such thing as .8 of a shot in a REAL game

da_suns_fan
11-04-2009, 06:40 PM
I knew your little bitch ass was a punk. Can't even answer a simple question.

Anybody reading this thread can see this.

Im not the one claiming .55 = .6 or 1.8 = 1. :lol

Allanon
11-04-2009, 06:41 PM
Im not the one claiming .55 = .6 or 1.8 = 1. :lol

ps. Tell David Stern to implement an additional .8 of a shot into the game :toast

Then get back to me punk :lmao

Allanon
11-04-2009, 06:47 PM
What? No extra .8 of a shot David Stern?

B-B-But dumb_suns_fan says that there is such a thing.

Where are you dumb_suns_fan? Tucked 'yer tail and ran? :lol

lol .8 of a shot
lol 1 shot more makes Kobe a ballhog

cobbler
11-04-2009, 06:59 PM

Players do not win or lose championships. Teams do. Show me one shread of evidence that a single player won without support from his #2 etc.

Kobe is a volume shooter. It's not breaking news. Kobe is arrogant. Again, nothing new here. The majority of superstars are. And it is also nothing new to see a Laker or Kobe hater tossing out meaningless and ignorant posts like yours above. All that matters is which TEAM wins the championship. I dont care if they put 11 all stars on the team with Kobe as long as they win the title. How many titles has Nash won with or without Shaq? With or without Amare? Does it matter? What matters is... and I am sure you feel the pain... the Suns are 0 for life. Keep on hatin.

Last night

Fish - 8 shots
Artest - 11
Odom - 12
Bynum - 15
Bryant - 25

Kobe forced a few, granted... but the shot distribution teamwise is not that absurd.

Allanon
11-04-2009, 07:04 PM
Seriously, though no more insults from me da_suns_fan. This is just going to degenerate into you talking about my dad and me talking about your mom. I know this and you know this.

You should have just left it alone and I would have too. But you decided to come back and throw insults instead. Even your supporters can't back you up on this; they are reasonable.

And I'm going to be reasonable too, I'm done.

carrao45
11-04-2009, 07:31 PM
Bynum deserves more shots.

And the Lakers deserve more Defense and Rebounding from Bynum...

cobbler
11-04-2009, 07:32 PM
Sorry pal, but Kobe IS shooting 30 shots a game. See...I figured that number from his fields goals plus his free throws...it was my best guess estimate, and easily a lot more than last year. And thats not the same as you trying to prove theres no change in Kobe by conveniently rounding numbers (TWICE) to hide the fact that he's shooting two more times than he was at this point last year (which is stupid considering he played 81 games with Gasol and hes shooting much more right now than he did for the season last year).

Now...would you prefer "AllaWeasel" or "Weasellon"?

Gotta laugh at the irony of Suns fan getting all over Allanon for rounding a % that lead to +/- of one shot.... then estimates total shots based on free thows. If you miss the shot and are fouled.... it's not a shot. That is fact.

Did you ever consider all the free throws Kobe gets while in the penalty? At the end of games when dribbling out the clock only to get fouled and sent to the line? No shots were taken. Im sure though, since you are so pissy about a half shot... that you must have calculated this in your estimate! :blah

cobbler
11-04-2009, 07:38 PM
And the Lakers deserve more Defense and Rebounding from Bynum...

Yes they do. He could use some more shots as well. I think he looks a tad tired int the 3rd and 4th quaters. It's going to be a constant struggle for Drew to balance offense and defense. Even more so when Pau gets back.

Baseline
11-04-2009, 07:57 PM
I'll tell you what's hilarious - and absurd. The notion of a "new K. Bryant."

He's still the same gunner he always was. The "New" K Bryant is a media fabrication. Even a player as arrogant and self-obsessed as Bryant has to know that it makes more sense to pass it every blue moon to a guy like Gasol. Gasol is a tremendously skilled offensive player, and without him, the Lakers would never come close to a title. And that's with or without the overblown Bryant.

LnGrrrR
11-04-2009, 08:20 PM
I don't have a horse in this race, but it's somewhat silly to discount .8 from a stat. Sure you obviously can't take .8 of a shot, but those do add up. 22.8 PPG is better than just 22 PPG, and those decimals add up by the end of a season.

Allanon
11-04-2009, 08:36 PM
I don't have a horse in this race, but it's somewhat silly to discount .8 from a stat. Sure you obviously can't take .8 of a shot, but those do add up. 22.8 PPG is better than just 22 PPG, and those decimals add up by the end of a season.

This does make sense if you are comparing stats between player A and Player B over the course of a season.

However, this is a question of impact on a game and not a player comparison.

In a game, you can't put up .8 of a shot. So the end result of 1.8 is just 1 shot for that game.

cobbler
11-04-2009, 08:37 PM
I'll tell you what's hilarious - and absurd. The notion of a "new K. Bryant."

He's still the same gunner he always was. The "New" K Bryant is a media fabrication. Even a player as arrogant and self-obsessed as Bryant has to know that it makes more sense to pass it every blue moon to a guy like Gasol. Gasol is a tremendously skilled offensive player, and without him, the Lakers would never come close to a title. And that's with or without the overblown Bryant.

Gosh... it's just gotta really sting that Kobe has as many rings as the Spurs franchise for you to be so bitter. You are correct on Gasol. They dont sniff a title without him. They dont sniff it without Kobe either so I dont really get your point. All the talk about Players NEEDING others to win titles is just moronic. I have yet to see a player win a title 1 on 12.

BTW...Kobe has led the Lakers in assists 5 of the last 7 years.... and the onter 2 was 2nd.

hhml
11-05-2009, 12:00 AM

Now THAT is funny.

da_suns_fan
11-05-2009, 10:25 AM
This does make sense if you are comparing stats between player A and Player B over the course of a season.

However, this is a question of impact on a game and not a player comparison.

In a game, you can't put up .8 of a shot. So the end result of 1.8 is just 1 shot for that game.

I cant believe I have to explain what an "average number" is. The thing is, I believe you DO understand. Youre not THAT stupid. Youre just too proud as to admit that it was convenient for you to round DOWN from 1.8 to 1 so you did!

I dont think youre stupid, I think your disingenuous. You know who else is often called disingenuous? KOBE BRYANT!!!

Alla-Kobe? Kobellon?

btw - The Kobe-ster put up 30 shots last night (not including free throws) which ticked his shot per minute average up even more. Im guessing its a FULL 2 shots per 36 minutes now and you dont have to keep arguing that 1.8 = 1!!! :lol

Pathetic.

Culburn369
11-05-2009, 12:20 PM
The Kobe-ster put up 30 shots last night

After the first 20 Battier jettisoned the "Stop Kobe" Binder and just went along for the ride. Had the time of his life.

tee, hee.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-05-2009, 12:59 PM
Cubby, why do you have such a problem with Battier's "stop Kobe" binder. I don't understand why you think it's insulting to Kobe at all, IMO it's a big sign of respect that Battier has an entire binder dedicated to defending Kobe. Whenever he's asked about Battier Kobe's got nothing but respect.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-05-2009, 01:09 PM
Its the same kind of respect that you show before you fuck a slut. You know, just enough till after you've thrashed.

I don't think so. I've seen Kobe go out of his way to compliment Battier when he didn't have to. It's not like a slut where you minimize the amount of respect and compliments all together :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-05-2009, 01:32 PM
Yeah, which is why he threw a cheap shot at Battier when he was on the ground last season.

My guess is he wouldn't have done that if the Lakers were winning that game and Kobe was torching him.

I sure as hell know Bell didn't clothesline Kobe due to disrespect. I'm also willing to bet that if the Suns were up 3-1 in that series and less than a quarter away from closing LA out, Bell wouldn't have clotheslined Kobe.

Culburn369
11-05-2009, 01:34 PM
It was Bell's greatest moment of his NBA career. He was still flat earred & tight lipped over the Philly Finals when Kobe kept him shinin' that pine.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-05-2009, 01:51 PM
It was Bell's greatest moment of his NBA career. He was still flat earred & tight lipped over the Philly Finals when Kobe kept him shinin' that pine.

That's my point. He didn't clothesline Kobe cause it seemed like a fun thing to do. He did it cause Kobe was beasting.

Culburn369
11-05-2009, 02:12 PM
That's my point. He didn't clothesline Kobe cause it seemed like a fun thing to do. He did it cause Kobe was beasting.

Don't try and pretend we're amicable, DUNCAN. I'm a snake and your a mongoose, maybe vice-versa, but, you get the drift, blankethead.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-05-2009, 02:46 PM
Don't try and pretend we're amicable, DUNCAN. I'm a snake and your a mongoose, maybe vice-versa, but, you get the drift, blankethead.

I'm not trying to be your friend creep, I was only trying to make a point the Lakaluva that cheap shoting someone often means something about them is frustrating the hell out of you.

Allanon
11-05-2009, 02:49 PM

I cant believe I have to explain what an "average number" is. The thing is, I believe you DO understand. Youre not THAT stupid. Youre just too proud as to admit that it was convenient for you to round DOWN from 1.8 to 1 so you did!

I dont think youre stupid, I think your disingenuous. You know who else is often called disingenuous? KOBE BRYANT!!!

Alla-Kobe? Kobellon?

Averages are fine for fantasy basketball and ranking players. But this isn't fantasy basketball.

But when you are considering their impact on a game, it's no longer 1.8 but 1.

Again I ask you how does that 1.8 shots affect a game? You're being stupid and you know it.

Can you put up .8 of a shot in a game? No you cannot.

Culburn369
11-05-2009, 02:49 PM
I'm not trying to be your friend creep, I was only trying to make a point the Lakaluva that cheap shoting someone often means something about them is frustrating the hell out of you.

Then don't prompt my posts, squirt.

Höfner
11-05-2009, 02:57 PM
Averages are fine for fantasy basketball and ranking players. But this isn't fantasy basketball.

But when you are considering their impact on a game, it's no longer 1.8 but 1.

Again I ask you how does that 1.8 shots affect a game? You're being stupid and you know it.

Can you put up .8 of a shot in a game? No you cannot.

If you're going to use averages like 1.8, then you have to round up. If you're not going to use any averages, then you won't get 1.8

Höfner
11-05-2009, 02:58 PM

I don't think anyone wants to prompt that post/squirt

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-05-2009, 02:58 PM

Ok old man. I hope your Halloween went well. Hopefully all the little kids cooperated when you told them they needed to give you a treat first before they got their candy.

Allanon
11-05-2009, 02:59 PM
If you're going to use averages like 1.8, then you have to round up. If you're not going to use any averages, then you won't get 1.8

I'm speaking of impact on a game. 1.8 cannot be rounded up. It's either 1 shot or 2.

There's no such thing as .8 of a shot in a REAL game. Dumb_suns_fan says that Kobe takes 30 a GAME now that Pau's not there.

I'm saying it's 1 more shot, and it's true because you cannot have .8 of a shot.

Höfner
11-05-2009, 03:01 PM
I'm speaking of impact on a game. 1.8 cannot be rounded up. It's either 1 shot or 2.

Then don't use multiple game averages if you're only talking one "real" game's impact (the .8 is VERY REAL is what you don't understand)

Allanon
11-05-2009, 03:02 PM
Then don't use multiple game averages if you're only talking one "real" game's impact.

This is dumb_suns_fans argument not mine...talk to him, not me. Look at the thread creator (ie. first post).

I toldja he was stupid.

I'm just using what he gave.

Höfner
11-05-2009, 03:06 PM
That's dumb_suns_fans argument not mine...talk to him. I'm just using what he gave.

Yet you have gladly entertained the logical fallacy that the .8 is not 4/5ths of a real shot, which it most certainly is.

Allanon
11-05-2009, 03:12 PM
Yet you have gladly entertained the logical fallacy that the .8 is not 4/5ths of a real shot, which it most certainly is.

It is not a fallacy but a reality.

Fractional points & averages are great and all in fantasy, but then there is reality. And in reality, that 1.8 turns into just 1 shot.

I've never seen anybody foul out with 5.7 fouls. But I've seen 'em foul out with 6.

You can put up "4/5's of a real shot" in fantasy games but you CANNOT put up 4/5'ths of a shot in a real game.

So in the real world 1.8 equals 1 shot.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-05-2009, 03:28 PM
I disagree about the rounding, but either way, if the issue here is whether or not taking two extra shots per game (haven't read the whole thread) while Gasol is out means Kobe is a selfish dumbass without Gasol, um, no. If Pippen was injured, Jordan would be taking more shots. It seems pretty standard that the best player on a team is gonna shoot more when the 2nd best player is injured.