PDA

View Full Version : Texas A&M @ Colorado

johngateswhiteley
11-04-2009, 11:53 AM
Big game for both teams if either want to go bowling. I'll actually be at this one with the old man...should be fun. From experience, this is my 5th(!) trip for this game, Colorado is one of the tougher places to get a win, regardless of the quality of their team. Hate to see a loss after the all the momentum this team is creating...plus I'm tired of going down/up there and watching us lose.

A&M 36
UC 24

Gig'em...

johngateswhiteley
11-04-2009, 12:03 PM
A&M got a big piece back last week with Fuller looking good in his second game. Our receivers are studs...

LOL texans
11-04-2009, 12:13 PM
lol aggie fan who rides USC nuts because the aggies suck

lol USC getting the shit kicked out of the by Oregon...much like Texas will do to gAy&M

johngateswhiteley
11-04-2009, 12:19 PM
lol aggie fan who rides USC nuts because the aggies suck

lol USC getting the shit kicked out of the by Oregon...much like Texas will do to gAy&M

what does that have to do with the game? i like to give everyone a chance, but its hard reading your posts.

redraiderinfiji
11-05-2009, 04:10 AM
the aqggies will lose this one....history proves it

jgw has been to a few games in colorado and he remembers all those losses

rjv
11-05-2009, 11:13 AM
colorado hate texas so the fans and team will be up plus the buffs need the win. the question is: are the aggies really improving across the board. there is no doubt the skill position players for a&m are talented but the o-line is inconsistent and so is the defense. will the team continue to play with the renewed confidence we have seen in the last 2 games or will the revert back to the disaster in manhattan? this is not an easy pick at all for me.

Spursfan092120
11-05-2009, 11:37 AM

boy was I wrong

johngateswhiteley
11-05-2009, 06:53 PM
colorado hate texas so the fans and team will be up plus the buffs need the win. the question is: are the aggies really improving across the board. there is no doubt the skill position players for a&m are talented but the o-line is inconsistent and so is the defense. will the team continue to play with the renewed confidence we have seen in the last 2 games or will the revert back to the disaster in manhattan? this is not an easy pick at all for me.

i can vouch for that, seems every time we go to boulder their fans are out of control. but, its also fun. anyway, its a huge game and winning would be another huge step.

Thompson
11-05-2009, 07:50 PM
i can vouch for that, seems every time we go to boulder their fans are out of control. but, its also fun. anyway, its a huge game and winning would be another huge step.

Yeah, I'm not sure why that is, but it seems to be the case. I wonder how many of them know that part of Colorado used to be a part of Texas... and we can take it back anytime we want to.

As for the game, I'm hoping we've turned the corner (not to say we won't lose again, but we're on our way up), and I'll say A&M over Colorado 38-14.

redraiderinfiji
11-05-2009, 09:37 PM
was wrong about the tech game....but I was right for nearly nine straight years.

johngateswhiteley
11-05-2009, 09:58 PM
was wrong about the tech game....but I was right for nearly nine straight years.

check your facts...not even close to 9 straight years. tekk had won 4 in a row, quit making shit up.

redraiderinfiji
11-07-2009, 12:36 AM
check your facts...not even close to 9 straight years. tekk had won 4 in a row, quit making shit up.

the word "nearly"...please consider it before posting

and Tech has kicked the shit out of the aggies for nearly a decade....thats a fact

redraiderinfiji
11-07-2009, 12:38 AM
I believe it was 9 of the last 11......

Doug Collins
11-07-2009, 01:11 AM
I think the Ags win big in this one. Colorado has a poor pass defense and seems to be on the verge of mutiny. Of course, there's always a 50% chance of another KSU debacle. If they show up focused, they'll take care of business.

johngateswhiteley
11-07-2009, 11:16 AM
I believe it was 9 of the last 11......

no. 8 of last 11 and 7 of the last 9. thats not nearly 9 straight...but it is one-sided.

johngateswhiteley
11-07-2009, 11:17 AM
leaving denver for boulder in a few...gig'em Aggies. dad and i stole great seats...42 yard line 2nd row, look for us on t.v. (if it is on tv). white A&M shirt...

Doug Collins
11-07-2009, 03:50 PM
Aggies are trying to blow it can't stop Colorado

Doug Collins
11-07-2009, 04:41 PM
Worst defense ever

mookie2001
11-07-2009, 04:51 PM
are you watching the game?
a&m down with seconds left

mookie2001
11-07-2009, 05:52 PM
go play intramurals brothers

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3116/2624663687_20785f9190.jpg

redraiderinfiji
11-07-2009, 07:42 PM

and now he can remember this loss......at least he got to see pretty boulder with his paps

RonMexico
11-07-2009, 11:22 PM
Lame. They played too well in that game to let CU come back. Elevation?

LOL texans
11-08-2009, 01:18 AM
A&M 36
UC 24

Gig'em...

lol....FAIL

A&M over Colorado 38-14.

FAIL

I think the Ags win big in this one. Colorado has a poor pass defense and seems to be on the verge of mutiny. Of course, there's always a 50% chance of another KSU debacle. If they show up focused, they'll take care of business.

FAIL

go play intramurals brothers

FTW.

coyotes_geek
11-09-2009, 09:20 AM
Worst defense ever

Last year's defense was worse.

MajorMike
11-09-2009, 09:52 AM
FYI, I did pick CU in the pick'em.

rjv
11-09-2009, 10:34 AM
tough loss but just part of the up and down year i expected from them. offense is still pretty good but defense not deep enough and too young. losing harris in the first half did not help the secondary at all as he is turning into one of their best corners.

johngateswhiteley
11-09-2009, 06:29 PM
what a brutal game...8 sacks and 34 points aught to be enough. our seats where even better than we thought...45 yard line 2nd row...which was first row actually. it gave us a great view of the gigantic holes in our defense...horrible. the game, however, was decided in the 3rd quarter and those 2 turnovers at the end of the 4th were brutal.

i knew it would be tough...colorado is 3-1 at home this year.

leroyjenkins
11-09-2009, 06:37 PM
Lame. They played too well in that game to let CU come back. Elevation?

if by elevation you mean high, then yes sherman was high going for it on 4th and goal

coyotes_geek
11-09-2009, 06:52 PM
if by elevation you mean high, then yes sherman was high going for it on 4th and goal

I'm no fan of Sherman, but I didn't have a problem with the call. The offense was moving the ball and it was way early in the game. That decision wasn't the problem. The defense needs to be able to hold a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter.

MajorMike
11-09-2009, 09:08 PM
Going for 4th and goal is never a bad call early, unless you are a double digit dog and you need points. OSU did same on 1st drive at atm and came up empty but I still thikn it is the right call.

You have to show your team you believe they can do it so maybe they will believe they can too.

Doug Collins
11-10-2009, 08:55 AM
I'm no fan of Sherman, but I didn't have a problem with the call. The offense was moving the ball and it was way early in the game. That decision wasn't the problem. The defense needs to be able to hold a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter.

Defense also shouldn't give up 3rd and 15+yd conversions in the 4th. Tough loss hopefully they come out strong against OU.

coyotes_geek
11-10-2009, 09:45 AM
Defense also shouldn't give up 3rd and 15+yd conversions in the 4th. Tough loss hopefully they come out strong against OU.

True that. One of these days I hope the defensive backs figure out that it's okay to be closer than 5 yards to a receiver before he catches the ball.

OU game should be interesting. A&M's good offense versus OU's good defense, and A&M's bad defense versus an OU offense that gets worse every week.

rjv
11-10-2009, 10:43 AM
the problem is that the defensive front for a&m is weak. they really do not put much pressure on the QB. the only one who does is von miller. the secondary is getting better and has talent but until next years group of LBs arrive the aggies are going to be very vulnerable on the defensive side of the ball.