PDA

View Full Version : Dan snyder's heart is Dark!

Bigzax
11-04-2009, 11:21 PM
Riggins says Snyder is 'a bad guy'

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2009/11/john_riggins_says_daniel_snyde.html

There's been no harsher critic of the Redskins this fall than John Riggins, from his YouTube laceration of the Skins' front office to his hour-long skewering of the franchise on a WTOP town-hall program with Frank Herzog.

And yet just when you think he's brought all the ammunition he can muster, Riggo nudges the rhetoric up another notch or two. The Hall of Famer was a guest on Showtime's "Inside The NFL" this week, which first airs at 9 p.m. on Wednesdays. The network sent out a release with some of the quotes, which I'm quoting from here.

James Brown: "John, you have been pretty doggone outspoken on the Washington Redskins and what is not working. Maybe it is an obvious question, but why so passionate? Why so intense in terms of your critique or criticism of the Redskins?"

John Riggins: "First of all, it's what I do, JB. I have been in broadcasting for the last 15 to 20 years, so it is sort of my job. And the other part is, and I've been asked this question a lot, when they say do you have an ax to grind? And I think any time an older player criticizes or says anything about his former team, unless he's throwing Bon Mots at them, that all of a sudden you get a, 'What's he griping at?' type of thing. Maybe that's the case. But truthfully, I do have an ax to grind and I just realized I have been a little bit disingenuous. But this is a bad guy that owns this team. I'll just tell you that upfront. Bad guy. And if the Commissioner is worried about potential new owners and saying some of these guys shouldn't apply, he might want to police his own inside guys...."

Brown: "Why is he a bad guy?"

Riggins: "Because his business practices, I think. I don't want to say they are unethical, but I don't think it's a place, a climate that is created there where people can be successful. It's driven all by his ego and everything has to come from him. And I just don't think you can be successful in those situations and when you are dealing with someone with the mindset of a child and yet owns a franchise in the NFL. I think you have some problems there."

Cris Collinsworth: "We are talking about Daniel Snyder . Are you saying in some way he is unethical? Because I have dealt with him in the past and I have never sensed anything close to that. Or are you saying he has made bad decisions on the football side as an owner? Or what is specifically the issue?"

Riggins: "I am saying that I don't think that this franchise can be successful where you have people saying, 'Oh, this person Dan Snyder wants to win. He wants to win.' It's all about priorities. 'What's my priorities? The priority is it's all about me. I have to have my needs met, then I want to make money, and those are one and two, and then I want to win. You can see by the decisions that are made....I don't know if you have agreed with anything I am saying so far, but at this point, I would think you would say, 'Yeah, I'll go along with that.' This person knows nothing about football, absolutely nothing. I don't think they have a clue how a football team comes together, how it works. And yet they are the ones that are basically calling all the shots through a puppet, which is Vinny Cerrato. That is my take on it....I speak for the fans because these are the people that paid my salary for all these years. They are the ones that need to know that this is a bad guy."

Collinsworth: "There is a fine line between being a bad guy and a bad GM, if you will. Are you saying a bad guy as in the NFL needs to take a look at this?"

Riggins: "Let me put it to you this way, Cris, this person's heart is dark."

Collinsworth: "Fix the Redskins. They make you the general manager tomorrow, who are you hiring as a coach?"

Riggins: "I can't answer your question realistically, because I couldn't be the General Manager with that ownership in place. I said I had an ax to grind. The ax to grind is that people need to know if you are going to go to these games and support this team, that money goes in this person's pocket. And you know what? Bad guys shouldn't be enriched."

The Redskins, through a team spokesman, declined to respond to Riggins's comments.

By Dan Steinberg | November 4, 2009; 8:31 PM ET

FUCK DAN SNYDER.

Spursfan092120
11-04-2009, 11:32 PM
Ouch...I'm not a Skins fan..but I feel sorry for Skins fans right now. This is just a bad time to be a fan. Bigzax, I'm sure you'll stay true..this is your 1-15 test that Cowboys fans had a couple of decades ago. It's hard, but real fans will stay around.

Duff McCartney
11-05-2009, 12:47 AM
I think some of the former Raiders players should say the same thing about Al Davis. No franchise has been as bad as the Raiders...not even Washington. They've actually made the playoffs recently.

IronMexican
11-05-2009, 12:51 AM
I think some of the former Raiders players should say the same thing about Al Davis. No franchise has been as bad as the Raiders...not even Washington. They've actually made the playoffs recently.

Rich Gannon recently did. He was banned from the entire Raiders facility.

The only somewhat recent player I've knwo to absolutely love Al davis is Jon Ritchie and probably Bill Romo.

symple19
11-05-2009, 01:16 AM
Davis,Jones,Snyder...3 worst owners in the league

kamikazi_player
11-05-2009, 01:20 AM
lol 3-4

LOL texans
11-05-2009, 01:32 AM
at least al davis has an excuse, he is old and senile. His ownership has not always been in shambles unlike Snyder. .Snyder however is just a dumb fucking owner.

J.T.
11-05-2009, 01:37 AM
lol 3-4

lol typoed kamikaze in your username

kamikazi_player
11-05-2009, 01:43 AM
lol typoed kamikaze in your username
lol, i had this name for a while, i typoed on purpose
So, when did you become a bandwagon Colts fan? When Payton Manning won his first ring?

Ditty
11-05-2009, 01:52 AM
i still love my redskins

J.T.
11-05-2009, 04:11 AM
So, when did you become a bandwagon Colts fan? When Payton Manning won his first ring?

:lmao

Thanks for showing how long you've been on SpursTalk with that post. :tu

symple19
11-05-2009, 04:52 AM

lol repeated failures at trolling me

kamikazi_player
11-05-2009, 11:54 AM
lol repeated failures at trolling me
lol getting under your skin

kamikazi_player
11-05-2009, 11:56 AM
:lmao

Thanks for showing how long you've been on SpursTalk with that post. :tu
just say your more your a peyton fan, it makes more sense. i'm pretty sure you were not a colt fan prior to peyton getting drafted.

rjv
11-05-2009, 12:04 PM
why is collinsworth all over snyder's balls ?

J.T.
11-05-2009, 12:45 PM
just say your more your a peyton fan, it makes more sense. i'm pretty sure you were not a colt fan prior to peyton getting drafted.

I'm pretty sure you weren't a Cowboy fan prior to you realizing they were tied for most Super Bowls in the league and you'd be able to talk shit to anybody but Niners and Steelers fans.

Oh well. At least the Colts picked up their first ring ever off of your shitty team's ass.

mardigan
11-05-2009, 12:52 PM
:lol
That's just fucking stupid.

SpuronyourFace
11-05-2009, 12:58 PM
Snyder is just a geek who never got rich and wanted to show all the jocks that beat him up in high school that he is better than them by buying a sports franchise.

I aprove of him as the skins owner.

SpuronyourFace
11-05-2009, 01:02 PM

No, we already established it was during Peyton's second year in the league, when he went 13-3(thanks wikipedia!). Thats when J.T. stopped being a Cowboys fan and jumped on the Colts bandwagon.

No one respects a bandwagoner. :nope

Brodie Bruce
11-05-2009, 01:15 PM
All of these cock sucking Cowboys fans make me want to turn my back on the Jets and become a Steelers fan just so I can lay ring smack on them.

SpuronyourFace
11-05-2009, 01:46 PM
All of these cock sucking Cowboys fans make me want to turn my back on the Jets and become a Steelers fan just so I can lay ring smack on them.

Hi J.T.

samikeyp
11-05-2009, 01:59 PM
Al is old and Jerry loves to hear himself talk more than anything but at least they have some hardware....Snyder has none and frankly their fanbase deserves better.

JoeTait75
11-05-2009, 04:48 PM

JeJpQlGW_GA