PDA

View Full Version : AK47 - The biggest waste of potential in the NBA today?

VivaPopovich
11-05-2009, 12:04 AM
I believe he is

The guy has all the tools necessary to become defensive player of the year. He plays the perimeter and he's tall so he can block shots when he rotates over, when the other team is posting he can come in from the weak side with the steal or block, when someone is driving he can chase em down and swat the shot

He can be Tony Parker/Manu Ginobili/Tim Duncan's worse nightmare with his weak-side help. He can man up and give Jefferson a hard time.

But he won't cause he doesn't care. And it's a shame. It's a shame to see the situation Sloan has gotten himself stuck into.

Common AK, shape up! Where's that KGB mentality. Your coach deserves better

HarlemHeat37
11-05-2009, 12:07 AM
he's always been overrated IMO, but he could be better I guess..even if he's wasted his potential, there are guys that had more potential than him that didn't work hard enough during this era..Vince Carter, McGrady, Steve Francis, Baron Davis, Marbury to name a few..

VivaPopovich
11-05-2009, 12:09 AM
His regression mirrors Shawn Marion's. In their prime, they were statistically similar players

I guess Shawn needs Nash and Amare to prosper

balli
11-05-2009, 12:09 AM
But he won't cause he doesn't care.
I don't think that's true at all. AK works very, very hard. Particularly since his struggles started.

He basically went from being the face of the franchise to a fifth wheel behind Deron, Millsap, Okur and Boozer. You can't blame him for turning into a headcase.

I do believe that AK could have been and still could be an amazing player. His athleticism and skill set is immeasurable. But he's fucked in the head- and that's not the same as not caring. I really like AK though and whether its in Utah or elsewhere, I hope he fulfills what potential he still has.

baseline bum
11-05-2009, 12:17 AM
I still remember back in the day there was a douchebag Rocket troll here who always talked shit to us Spurs fans, talking about how Utah had Euro-Kobe coming over from Russia who was going to ensure the Jazz would own the Spurs for years to come. :rollin

MmP
11-05-2009, 12:20 AM
What's the matter? doesn't he have confidence in himself?

IronMexican
11-05-2009, 01:25 AM
douchebag Rocket troll

You've got to be shitting me. I've never seen any of those here.

BRHornet45
11-05-2009, 01:26 AM
sons the only reason he is relevant to begin with is because he and his wife live a swinging / cuckold lifestyle.

AussieFanKurt
11-05-2009, 03:47 AM
you mention cuckold a lot BRhornet

TDMVPDPOY
11-05-2009, 04:19 AM
His regression mirrors Shawn Marion's. In their prime, they were statistically similar players

I guess Shawn needs Nash and Amare to prosper

drop down the pipe and walk away from the comp

read this, marions is nowhere close to a prime AK47 defensively...AK47 can rack up the stat sheet easy while shutting down players on a regular basis at one point in his career, while marion can fill the stat sheet, he never SHUT DOWN anyone....

The TroutBum
11-05-2009, 06:11 AM
Put AK on the Suns or the Warriors -- hell, the Fakers and he'd be an all-star again. The problem is Jerry Sloan, pure and simple. I fucking hate Sloan. I'd hate to play for him too. I've always been a team fan, not a player fan, but wherever AK ends up, I'll be cheering for that team. (unless they're playing the Jazz, in which case, I hope their team bus crashes into a lake and they all die)

lefty
11-05-2009, 12:11 PM
What a shame

I remember during his first seasons in the L; amazing stats, very aggressive and confident.................

WTF happened to him? Did he drop his soap in the locker room?

anakha
11-05-2009, 12:17 PM
WTF happened to him? Did he drop his soap in the locker room?

Carlos Boozer and being shoehorned into SF, IMO.

Girasuck
11-05-2009, 02:33 PM
Put AK on the Suns or the Warriors -- hell, the Fakers and he'd be an all-star again. The problem is Jerry Sloan, pure and simple. I fucking hate Sloan. I'd hate to play for him too. I've always been a team fan, not a player fan, but wherever AK ends up, I'll be cheering for that team. (unless they're playing the Jazz, in which case, I hope their team bus crashes into a lake and they all die)

AK would be a top 10 player in the league if he were on the Warriors or Suns, and an all-star again if he was on basically any other team in the league. AK was finished as an all-star player when we signed Boozer and Okur, then to top it off our wonderful coach drove him into the ground. If he does leave, which I'm guessing he will either through a trade next year or signing as a free agent after next year, I hope he ends up in Phoenix, New York, or Golden State.

Culburn369
11-05-2009, 02:42 PM
Yes, he'd work just dandy in Phoenix. I'd give my left nut for him in L.A. & my right nut for Miller in L.A. as well.

duhoh
11-05-2009, 03:45 PM
ak in run-n-gun? ak cooperating with nellie?

that's a good weed man. puff-puff-pass. now.

balli
11-05-2009, 03:51 PM
ak in run-n-gun? ak cooperating with nellie?
:rolleyes

You watch much basketball?

Muser
11-05-2009, 03:52 PM
Amare is the biggest waste of talent in the NBA.

Culburn369
11-05-2009, 03:54 PM
Amare is the biggest waste of talent in the NBA.

Amen. Just awful.

duhoh
11-05-2009, 03:58 PM
:rolleyes

You watch much basketball?

well, i guess utah is used to not and never winning it all.:rolleyes

boston.balla
11-05-2009, 04:22 PM
amare is the biggest waste of talent in the nba.

+1.

Indazone
11-05-2009, 04:43 PM
He is crap! Everyone know Kirilenko crap player on crap Russian team! All time best scorer in history of CSKA and all he do now is lie down and get raped. He would have been great point guard for Panathinaikos and come off bench for Spanouli!!

anakha
11-05-2009, 07:38 PM
Yes, he'd work just dandy in Phoenix. I'd give my left nut for him in L.A. & my right nut for Miller in L.A. as well.

Which big's minutes are gonna drop for Kirilenko to play in LA? Unless you wanna force him to play SF again...

ElNono
11-05-2009, 10:16 PM
I think it's mental... has to be... or he just needs a change of scenery...

Darthkiller
11-05-2009, 10:33 PM
ak +brewer to NJ for Yi, Lee and Simmons?

Austin_Toros
11-05-2009, 11:25 PM
i think AK used to be a better player that he is now. remember, he was an all-star once.
maybe because of playing alongside boozer, his offense and rebounding have suffered?

JamStone
11-05-2009, 11:52 PM
No.

T-Mac. I think more than Amare.