PDA

View Full Version : Ron Artest "I got hit with 3 elbows" (from Ariza)

Allanon
11-05-2009, 01:48 AM
At one point, Ariza said Artest tried to put his hand around Ariza's neck.

"I don't have hard feelings," Ariza said. "It was emotional, I guess you could say."

Artest said he thought about giving Ariza a hard shot, but backed down for fear of a fine or a suspension.

"You know if somebody hits me, I'm going to react," the famously temperamental Artest said. "I got hit with about three elbows. It's just not fair. I don't want to fight, I don't feel like doing it. If you throw an elbow into Ron Artest's chest, do you know who you're hitting?

"But I give up, I just give up," he said. "I'm not fighting anymore. You could elbow me, smack me, use me as a punching bag. I'm not reacting anymore, I'm tired."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lakers-rockets5-2009nov05,0,7470080.story

Un-related but here's the two 3 pointers, 1 by Artest and then 1 by Ariza in the closing seconds.

i3x0TrOaixg&hl=en&fs=1&

sook
11-05-2009, 01:50 AM
Omg i don't even know what to say this is fucking ironic as hell...

This was us saying this to you guys in the playoffs last year and you guys were talking shit about artest and we were saying how dirty Kobe's elbows were

Now artest is saying this...

I won't say anything for fear of being a hypocrite :)

cobbler
11-05-2009, 01:54 AM

This was us saying this to you guys in the playoffs last year and you guys were talking shit about artest and we were saying how dirty Kobe's elbows were

Clearly last year it was Rons fault and this year he is correct. It's the Laker way! :toast

Allanon
11-05-2009, 01:54 AM

Hahah, seriously, I didn't think of that.

That is quite ironic :lol

usdane
11-05-2009, 02:21 AM
At least he is consistent regardless of what team he plays on.

That said he better smack KG around when we see him. I want to see KG crawl for a reason.

Danny.Zhu
11-05-2009, 02:28 AM

:lol

Riverwalkman
11-05-2009, 02:30 AM
Sounds smart but still indeed brainless.

Kai
11-05-2009, 03:38 AM

lol agreed. This is awkward.:lol

boston.balla
11-05-2009, 03:52 AM
At least he is consistent regardless of what team he plays on.

That said he better smack KG around when we see him. I want to see KG crawl for a reason.

kg's ass is safe while perkins or sheed are on the floor. Nobody in LA's team except mbenga can match them in fight. By the way perk is evolving nicely.. don't know if you saw the last games but he's got some nice post moves.

And back to the subject.. artest should have faught ben at the malice , bet you he would be shutting his mouth a little more today if that happened. Those of us who got in a fight and know how real fights work understand fairly well why ben would have ripped him to pieces.

Anyways, artest is a player that should have been expelled from the league a long time ago .. he is fucking unbalanced brainsick demented prick.

cobbler
11-05-2009, 04:43 AM
kg's ass is safe while perkins or sheed are on the floor. Nobody in LA's team except mbenga can match them in fight. By the way perk is evolving nicely.. don't know if you saw the last games but he's got some nice post moves.

And back to the subject.. artest should have faught ben at the malice , bet you he would be shutting his mouth a little more today if that happened. Those of us who got in a fight and know how real fights work understand fairly well why ben would have ripped him to pieces.

Anyways, artest is a player that should have been expelled from the league a long time ago .. he is fucking unbalanced brainsick demented prick.

I don't even know where to start...

Nobody on LA's team can match them in a fight? You know this how? You have seen Laker players fight? You have seen Perk or Sheed fight? I'll assume you are talking from a size and attitude perspective which would lead me to conclude that you have never been in a fight or have any knowledge of what makes a good fighter or not.

Then you come up with the gem that "those uf us who got in a fight know how real fights work". Ohhhh please don't let us sit here in suspense.... Let's hear how real fights work. I am all ears for this one.

...and last but not least. " Anyways, artest is a player that should have been expelled from the league a long time ago .. he is fucking unbalanced brainsick demented prick". This coming from someone talking about how tough his boy Sheed is. Well, I will have to give you that one being as Sheed is the poster child for stability, brilliance, and sportsmanship. :blah Not to mention that KG would probably top the polls on NBA prickdom.

:toast You failed on all points. Not an easy accomplishment.

21_Blessings
11-05-2009, 07:17 AM
DJ mBenga would absolutely destroy anyone on the Boston roster in a fight. Read up on his background.

And then theres Ron Artest. :lol Anthony Peeler of all people punked KG. Artest would eat him alive.

Indazone
11-05-2009, 08:35 AM
It would have been entertaining as hell watching Artest and Wallace go at it. But we'll never know now will we :lol

ElNono
11-05-2009, 08:45 AM
"You know if somebody hits me, I'm going to react," the famously temperamental Artest said.

"I'm not reacting anymore, I'm tired."

Ron needs to sort out his thoughts inside his head before he spells them out...

Indazone
11-05-2009, 08:47 AM
Ron Artest just being Ron. How many Ron Artests live inside that head of his is anybody's guess.

hater
11-05-2009, 10:36 AM
I'm liking Ariza more and more. dude is coldblodded like Battier. Problem for Houston is, he is no player to carry a team. He is a perfect role player that will play great D and hit big shots and make great plays once in a while.the perfect piece for say... a championship team... oops.

djohn2oo8
11-05-2009, 10:39 AM
That took all the balls in the world by Ariza to slap his hand down when Artest pointed to his face

Sportcamper
11-05-2009, 11:00 AM
Major Props to Ariza…Not since H.S. has he been asked to be a facilitator…He did great…No Kobe, Lamar or Odom to hide behind this year…

Sportcamper
11-05-2009, 11:03 AM
This never gets old... :lmao

http://images.businessweek.com/ss/08/05/0502_nba/image/12rick_adelman3.jpg

Brazil
11-05-2009, 11:09 AM
Ariza>Artest

Spursfan092120
11-05-2009, 11:19 AM
http://images-2.redbubble.net/img/art/size:large/view:main/3177627-3-harden-the-f-k-up.jpg

Cry Havoc
11-05-2009, 12:03 PM
Does this mean Artest will be a Rocket next year? Since apparently hitting him with elbows causes him to flip out then join your team.

ShoogarBear
11-05-2009, 12:36 PM
Take a couple more of the green ones and one less of the blue ones tomorrow, Ron.

DaDakota
11-05-2009, 12:37 PM
What a whiner...thank god this MO-ron is gone.

DD

Culburn369
11-05-2009, 12:42 PM
What a whiner...thank god this MO-ron is gone.

DD

5 for 21 withstanding.

tee, hee.

SpuronyourFace
11-05-2009, 12:54 PM
Only a matter of time before Artest blows up again....its been building over the last few years.

TheMACHINE
11-05-2009, 01:21 PM
Only a matter of time before Artest blows up again....its been building over the last few years.

Spurs fans keep praying for this too happen cuz they think its the only way they have a chance to get out of the West. :lol

mardigan
11-05-2009, 01:24 PM
And then theres Ron Artest. Artest would eat him alive.

:lmao
Right, cause Ron's fighting prowess was so apparent when he couldn't knock out a fat kid in the front row. Artest is nothing but a gum flapping bitch.

duncan228
11-05-2009, 01:25 PM
Artest Believes Losing Bird Rights Cost Him $20 Million
Artest goes Hollywood (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/6704089.html)
Controversial star adjusts to life as a Laker
By Jeffrey Martin
Houston Chronicle

He's out in Venice Beach — no, make that Muscle Beach, Ron Artest clarified Wednesday — where one of his favorites pastimes is working out with “guys on the street.”

“I go hard,” he said. “I got stronger.”

Artest is a Los Angeles Laker now, but after an unforgettable year with the Rockets, it's clear that the only thing that has changed is his ZIP code.

His first-quarter technical foul against the Rockets on Wednesday night was hardly a surprise. But he's as unpredictable as most remember, admitting he had regrets about coming to Houston in the first place.

‘Everything is OK'

“I've been blessed to get paid to play basketball,” Artest said. “But 1 percent tells me I wish I could have been somewhere else so I could have exercised my Bird rights. It hurt me a lot, but I still managed to get a good contract — maybe $20 million off — but God is good, and he's still taking care of my family, so everything is OK.”

Artest he signed a reported five-year deal with Los Angeles for $33 million, which is far lower than the Rockets could have offered him. But the organization chose not to make him an offer, opting to sign Trevor Ariza, a member of the Lakers, instead.

“No, I'm not upset,” he said. “I get to be in Hollywood, play with Kobe (Bryant), Lamar (Odom), Coach (Phil) Jackson — what do I have to be upset about?”

But he continued.

“Business-wise, there were things I wish I would have known (that would have) prevented some situations. Personally, I'm not upset. I'm still in the NBA.”

He's been thrust into the void created by Ariza's departure, and Artest said he has fit in 100 percent.

“Ron hasn't been outspoken at all,” Jackson said.

There was another startling admission Wednesday — Artest said he learned how to win last season. It's amazing — the supposed malcontent who finally figured out how to be successful in his 12th season seeking to share his wisdom with the champs.

No hard feelings

It didn't have to be that way, he insisted.

“It was all up to (Rockets management),” Artest said. “I don't know. It was the first option, but once my agent told me they didn't want me, I said let's go to L.A., Hollywood.”

sook
11-05-2009, 02:02 PM
5 for 21 withstanding.

tee, hee.

You must not be familiar with ron artest's shooting when he shoots bad to begin with.

I think it was the game vs NO last year, i think we won, but man... first qrtr was unbearable.

Culburn369
11-05-2009, 02:07 PM
You must not be familiar with ron artest's shooting when he shoots bad to begin with.

I think it was the game vs NO last year, i think we won, but man... first qrtr was unbearable.

I never heard a discouraging word about the man till he signed in L.A.

robbie380
11-05-2009, 02:30 PM
I never heard a discouraging word about the man till he signed in L.A.

really? you should have opened your ears up.

Culburn369
11-05-2009, 02:34 PM
really? you should have opened your ears up.

Ok, smart ass, go back in the stacks, come up with a discouraging word from Houston fandom before we dropped you like a terrible habit in the playoffs and I'll show up the next time the Lakers lose or the Suns win.

LOL@MavsFan
11-05-2009, 02:39 PM
At one point, Ariza said Artest tried to put his hand around Ariza's neck.

"I don't have hard feelings," Ariza said. "It was emotional, I guess you could say."

Artest said he thought about giving Ariza a hard shot, but backed down for fear of a fine or a suspension.

"You know if somebody hits me, I'm going to react," the famously temperamental Artest said. "I got hit with about three elbows. It's just not fair. I don't want to fight, I don't feel like doing it. If you throw an elbow into Ron Artest's chest, do you know who you're hitting?

"But I give up, I just give up," he said. "I'm not fighting anymore. You could elbow me, smack me, use me as a punching bag. I'm not reacting anymore, I'm tired."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lakers-rockets5-2009nov05,0,7470080.story

Un-related but here's the two 3 pointers, 1 by Artest and then 1 by Ariza in the closing seconds.

i3x0TrOaixg&hl=en&fs=1&

:cry:cry:cry:cry

robbie380
11-05-2009, 02:43 PM
Ok, smart ass, go back in the stacks, come up with a discouraging word from Houston fandom before we dropped you like a terrible habit in the playoffs and I'll show up the next time the Lakers lose or the Suns win.

jesus christ....just check out clutchfans if you want to see how people didn't like artest's offensive game when he was on the rox. i loved the guys heart and defense but he was a black hole and idiot on offense.

Culburn369
11-05-2009, 02:45 PM
That one by Ariza brought up terrible mems of that one by Thomas for the Suns.

Culburn369
11-05-2009, 02:47 PM
jesus christ....just check out clutchfans if you want to see how people didn't like artest's offensive game when he was on the rox. i loved the guys heart and defense but he was a black hole and idiot on offense.

I'm talkin' here, robbie. I don't do clutchfans.

His black hole days are over, but, his idiocy on offense is still on the radar. He has no idea what's he's going to do until after he's done it.