PDA

View Full Version : How do you think about Chinese?

Riverwalkman
11-05-2009, 04:37 AM
In your country, there are numerous Chinese immigrants, do you hate them, or do you think they are inferior? Or do you respect them?

Well I'm a Chinese and lives in China, I don't want to create racial polarization, I just wonder how you foreign people evaluate Chinese, and I admit that Chinese are now in a learning progress, we are learning from you west countries. For example, Monogamy Policy, Schooling, Economic Policy...Remember all those things were started merely less than 100 years.

Give me your opinion on that.

:toast

symple19
11-05-2009, 06:08 AM
Monogamy Policy,

not a good policy

symple19
11-05-2009, 06:19 AM
Seriously though, Chinese people are cool. Here in California there are many, many ethnic Chinese. They make valuable contributions just like everyone else. Many are 3rd and 4th generation who have completely integrated into American society. There are also many who have recently arrived and are trying to make their way. I've met both and can't think of any reason not to respect them, as a whole.

Inferior? That's an absurd notion

Hate them? No way

I think you'll find that most Americans have no problem with Chinese people, but instead will have a problem with your government, IMO

AussieFanKurt
11-05-2009, 06:27 AM
They make good food

admiralsnackbar
11-05-2009, 08:03 AM
Seriously though, Chinese people are cool. Here in California there are many, many ethnic Chinese. They make valuable contributions just like everyone else. Many are 3rd and 4th generation who have completely integrated into American society. There are also many who have recently arrived and are trying to make their way. I've met both and can't think of any reason not to respect them, as a whole.

Hate them? No way

I think you'll find that most Americans have no problem with Chinese people, but instead will have a problem with your government, IMO

Agreed, particularly with respect to your last statement.

Riverwalkman
11-05-2009, 08:49 AM
not a good policy
:lol In old Chinese society, one man can marry several women if they could afford. It's very common some rich people had 7 or 8 wives. Now of course this is not allowed. Women have high status as men now in our country.

Hate them? No way

Thanks for the positive information, symple19. It's very noble to treat every race equal and show mutual respect. Some days ago, someone in this site told me Chinese are "shitty" people, so I thought maybe there are many US citizens discriminating against Chinese, and then came up with that question. I appreciate you for your great explanation.:toast

I. Hustle
11-05-2009, 09:35 AM
Great question dude. First off the answer is yes. Yes, we hate the chinese here in America. Yes, we think they are inferior. The only no is no we do not respect them.
If I didn't like chinese food so much, didn't need to get my stuff dry cleaned, and didn't need a happy ending at the end of my "massage" then there would be no need to have your kind here in America. Is it right to think the way we do? Probably not but hey that's America dude.

Just kidding Chinese peeps are great.

TDMVPDPOY
11-05-2009, 09:38 AM
There are also many who have recently arrived and are trying to make their way. I've met both and can't think of any reason not to respect them, as a whole.

Which type you talkin about? the commoner mainland chinese immigrant, or the wealthy ethnic chinese who get there money out of nowhere coming to ur land buying up in every estate? lol theres a boatload of them comin to aussie parking their money in this country buyin property cause its a safe haven and first step to migrate too, now i thought communism everyone is on equal wealth and shit, doesnt seem to be so.....aust property boom is funded by the chinese coming here buyin up alot of high end properties :(

dont mainland chinese hate everyone outside of china? i know i got a friend who hates HK canto ppl cause they think they are superior whether its education or lifestyle.....

clambake
11-05-2009, 09:51 AM
you guys are cool.

remember, when you're ready to collect the debt, Bush is in dallas.

DarrinS
11-05-2009, 10:02 AM
you guys are cool.

remember, when you're ready to collect the debt, Bush is in dallas.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/weblogs/TWSFP/deficit.jpg

Riverwalkman
11-05-2009, 10:02 AM
Communism is a beautiful lie. Now even Chinese people are considering it a joke.

I haven't get along with any HK or Canton people by now. But I think HK ppl should be mild because they had been colonized by UK before, they obey rules, unlike some ppl in mainland, they are very ignorant and rude. In my observation, people in mainland seems jealous of emigrants, because they believe those emigrants would have a better life than them.

China is now in a fast developing mode, and ppl are all pursuing money rather than enjoying life. That's absurd in my opinion.

DarrinS
11-05-2009, 10:07 AM
China is now in a fast developing mode, and ppl are all pursuing money rather than enjoying life. That's absurd in my opinion.

Those two things aren't necessarily mutually exclusive. Pursuing money for no other reason than pursuing money is an empty goal, but if wealth is obtained as a result of persuing career goals, starting a company, etc., there's nothing wrong with that. In fact, it can allow you to enjoy life on an entirely different level. It also can help create wealth for other people. Capitalism isn't the best economic system -- just better than all the others.

Riverwalkman
11-05-2009, 10:42 AM
Those two things aren't necessarily mutually exclusive. Pursuing money for no other reason than pursuing money is an empty goal, but if wealth is obtained as a result of persuing career goals, starting a company, etc., there's nothing wrong with that. In fact, it can allow you to enjoy life on an entirely different level. It also can help create wealth for other people. Capitalism isn't the best economic system -- just better than all the others.
It'll take 50 years or more for most Chinese people to understand your statement. Our society is just at the beginning of capitalization, at this stage, people are getting indifferent to environment, family, etc. You can see garbage every where in cities while cars running through streets, you can see gloomy daylight because of the pollution, you can see almost all pedestrians with unhappy faces. Well in that case, how could you enjoy your life?

clambake
11-05-2009, 10:45 AM
just remember, Bush is in dallas.

EmptyMan
11-05-2009, 10:48 AM
I think of them about the same as I think of any american.

I've been wondering though, how are the Oakley "Asian Fit" Sunglasses different than the regular ones?

Riverwalkman
11-05-2009, 10:56 AM
just remember, Bush is in dallas.
George Bush?

clambake
11-05-2009, 11:11 AM
George Bush?

in dallas. you have to go to the source.

RandomGuy
11-05-2009, 12:40 PM
In your country, there are numerous Chinese immigrants, do you hate them, or do you think they are inferior? Or do you respect them?

Well I'm a Chinese and lives in China, I don't want to create racial polarization, I just wonder how you foreign people evaluate Chinese, and I admit that Chinese are now in a learning progress, we are learning from you west countries. For example, Monogamy Policy, Schooling, Economic Policy...Remember all those things were started merely less than 100 years.

Give me your opinion on that.

:toast

Chinese immigrants in general comprise a very small portion of immigrants to the US. The vast majority of immigrants to the US come from Mexico, and do so illegally by traveling through dangerous journeys.

The US is a nation of immigrants and we have had Chinese communities here and there in larger port cities for well over a century. "Chinatown" is generally the term for these communities.

Chinese have been little different than other immigrant communities in the US. Viewed initially distrustfully at first, but eventually assimilated fully into our culture.

Being somewhat adaptable, some Chinese concepts such as Feng Shui and so forth do leak in to popular knowledge.

Sun Tzu's Art of War is fairly widely read and highly respected, although most Americans know very very little of Chinese history.

Immigrants, Chinese and otherwise, are viewed much as they are elsewhere. Some view them quite negatively as "they are taking our jobs", although since most modern Chinese immigrants are in the US legally, and tend to come/stay for a college education, they are generally viewed more favorably than other groups, i.e. Mexicans and other people from Central/South America.

My personal opinion:

If anybody wants to come here to work, they are welcome to do so. The most important asset of any country is human beings. Our country is a place where people pride themselves on being able to improve their wealth should they choose to do so.

hope4dopes
11-05-2009, 12:44 PM
Chinese immigrants in general comprise a very small portion of immigrants to the US. The vast majority of immigrants to the US come from Mexico, and do so illegally by traveling through dangerous journeys.

The US is a nation of immigrants and we have had Chinese communities here and there in larger port cities for well over a century. "Chinatown" is generally the term for these communities.

Chinese have been little different than other immigrant communities in the US. Viewed initially distrustfully at first, but eventually assimilated fully into our culture.

Being somewhat adaptable, some Chinese concepts such as Feng Shui and so forth do leak in to popular knowledge.

Sun Tzu's Art of War is fairly widely read and highly respected, although most Americans know very very little of Chinese history.

Immigrants, Chinese and otherwise, are viewed much as they are elsewhere. Some view them quite negatively as "they are taking our jobs", although since most modern Chinese immigrants are in the US legally, and tend to come/stay for a college education, they are generally viewed more favorably than other groups, i.e. Mexicans and other people from Central/South America.

My personal opinion:

If anybody wants to come here to work, they are welcome to do so. The most important asset of any country is human beings. Our country is a place where people pride themselves on being able to improve their wealth should they choose to do so. Spoken like some suburbanite who doesn't live in an american city with a large chinese community.

Winehole23
11-05-2009, 12:49 PM
Spoken like some suburbanite who doesn't live in an american city with a large chinese community.Don't be so coy, micca. Tell us what you really think.

RandomGuy
11-05-2009, 12:50 PM
Spoken like some suburbanite who doesn't live in an american city with a large chinese community.

How would that have sounded different otherwise?

I have never lived in any community that has a large Chinese population, that is exactly correct.

koriwhat
11-05-2009, 12:54 PM
"How do you think about Chinese?"

i don't.

Riverwalkman
11-05-2009, 08:32 PM
How would that have sounded different otherwise?

I have never lived in any community that has a large Chinese population, that is exactly correct.

Nice to read your point.

Marcus Bryant
11-05-2009, 08:57 PM
We need someone to pay our bills.

Nbadan
11-05-2009, 09:19 PM
How do you think about Chinese?

....much better with an egg roll..

MiamiHeat
11-05-2009, 10:34 PM
Nihao