PDA

View Full Version : Regarding DeJuan Blair's 0 ACLs

Fred Silva
11-05-2009, 11:37 AM
As most are now aware, DeJuan Blair is missing both of his ACLs. While in high school, Blair tore both ACLs and had them surgically repaired. Unfortunately, the surgeries were unsuccessful as it has been revealed that he does not have either ACL. After the surgeries, his body must have rejected the repaired ACLs and absorbed them. I had many questions about DeJuan Blair's knees so I decided to find the most knowledgeable person possible in order to get some answers. Enter Steve Stratton, PHD, PT, ATC and founder of Steven Stratton Physical Therapy (http://www.strattonpt.com/)located in San Antonio, TX.

Continue reading here, http://www.poundingtherock.com/2009/11/5/1091583/stat-of-the-week-0-acls

4down
11-05-2009, 11:50 AM
I know Steve, and have visited his facilities. Thanks for posting. I'm pretty sure he worked with Troy Aikman back in the day and David Robinson as well. (I haven't read the blog post yet so maybe that' mentioned)

nkdlunch
11-05-2009, 11:54 AM
ACL thread!

Cry Havoc
11-05-2009, 12:06 PM
Ooo, look, a thread about something that hasn't been covered before!

timvp
11-05-2009, 12:08 PM
I'll consider it a success if Blair lasts this season and next. Anything beyond that is gravy.

Spurs Brazil
11-05-2009, 01:52 PM
As most are now aware, DeJuan Blair is missing both of his ACLs. While in high school, Blair tore both ACLs and had them surgically repaired. Unfortunately, the surgeries were unsuccessful as it has been revealed that he does not have either ACL. After the surgeries, his body must have rejected the repaired ACLs and absorbed them. I had many questions about DeJuan Blair's knees so I decided to find the most knowledgeable person possible in order to get some answers. Enter Steve Stratton, PHD, PT, ATC and founder of Steven Stratton Physical Therapy (http://www.strattonpt.com/)located in San Antonio, TX.

Continue reading here, http://www.poundingtherock.com/2009/11/5/1091583/stat-of-the-week-0-acls

Good article :tu

Interrohater
11-05-2009, 02:00 PM
Good article, but no mention of a bat. :(

Fred Silva
11-05-2009, 03:43 PM
I know Steve, and have visited his facilities. Thanks for posting. I'm pretty sure he worked with Troy Aikman back in the day and David Robinson as well. (I haven't read the blog post yet so maybe that' mentioned)

Steve is a very smart guy. If you are suffering and need physical therapy, look him up. He is one of the best.

EmptyMan
11-05-2009, 03:45 PM
I was told the adamantium bonding process was a success and evidence was removed from the test subject (Blair) and sent to D.C.?

kace
11-05-2009, 03:51 PM
I'll consider it a success if Blair lasts this season and next. Anything beyond that is gravy.

yep. for the spurs, considering how low they drafted him, that could be true.

but i guess most of us, and the kid too, really think/hope that he'll last more and feel that a 2 seasons career would be disapointing for him.

I'm curious to know if the spurs medical staff is making something special for him about that or if Pop is searching to reduce his minutes because of that. i read a lot of things about Blair's (lack of) ACLs but not so much about how the spurs handle that (or maybe i missed it).

Indazone
11-05-2009, 04:45 PM
If he screws his knees up, they will just pull ligament from some other area of his body and build him some new ACL's. That's just the way medical science rolls these days.

barbacoataco
11-05-2009, 05:48 PM
If he screws his knees up, they will just pull ligament from some other area of his body and build him some new ACL's. That's just the way medical science rolls these days.

Even though this topic has been beaten to death, I still am not clear why they couldn't just do a TPLO surgery if Blair does have knee problems.

exstatic
11-05-2009, 07:48 PM
Even though this topic has been beaten to death, I still am not clear why they couldn't just do a TPLO surgery if Blair does have knee problems.

Because that's surgery for dogs? I Googled it, and not one human result came up on the front page. :lol

SamoanTD
11-05-2009, 07:55 PM
dont care about no damn acls hes a monster without them let the topic die dammit

ulosturedge
11-05-2009, 09:04 PM
He looks fine. If he has to he can go get a pair of ACLs the right way in the off-season. From what i've seen he doesn't use explosive jumping ability or amazing lateral quickness to do what he does on the court. ACL surgery would not in anyway be career ending for this guy as far as i'm concerned.