PDA

View Full Version : Kings F Nocioni arrested on suspicion of DUI

duncan228
11-05-2009, 01:00 PM
Updated.

Kings F Nocioni arrested on suspicion of DUI (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-kings-nocionidui&prov=ap&type=lgns)

Sacramento Kings forward Andres Nocioni was arrested early Thursday on suspicion of drunk driving.

“I want to apologize to the Kings organization, my teammates, my coaches, the fans, the city of Sacramento and my family,” Nocioni said in a statement. “Drinking and driving is something that shouldn’t be taken lightly. I made a mistake and I’m very sorry for my lapse in judgment.”

Nocioni was booked into the Sacramento County jail at 3:26 a.m. PST Thursday and released later in the day.

Sacramento police Sgt. Norm Leong said Nocioni was pulled over around 2 a.m. in downtown Sacramento when an officer noticed his car weaving. The officer noticed an odor of alcohol and conducted a field test before booking Nocioni on suspicion of driving under the influence.

The team said it was disappointed in Nocioni’s “poor judgment” and would wait for the league to decide on potential discipline.

“He has apologized to the organization and his teammates,” president of basketball operations Geoff Petrie said. “We will wait for the outcome of the judicial process and the NBA’s decision on potential fines and or suspension. This experience now becomes a life lesson learned the hard way.”

The arrest came hours after the Kings lost a home game to the Atlanta Hawks, 113-105, on Wednesday night. Nocioni had 14 points and six rebounds in the game. He is averaging 9.8 points and 3.8 rebounds per game this season.

On Thursday, the Kings also placed swingman Desmond Mason on waivers. Mason averaged 2.6 points and 2.6 rebounds per game this season.

Culburn369
11-05-2009, 01:43 PM
I remember when this guy was pisser for the Bulls.

DAF86
11-05-2009, 01:47 PM
wow, I find this really strange from Nocioni, but you never know, playing for the worst team in the NBA may change your habits.

Chillen
11-05-2009, 01:58 PM
Drinking and driving is a bad combo, glad they got him for it as drunks should not be operating a motor vehicle and endangering the lives of others. I hope this teaches him a lesson to not drink and drive.

Culburn369
11-05-2009, 02:05 PM
The DUI thing has turned into a money maker though. And who is going to argue the point? Nobody. It's like dragging out Hitler, who is going to argue the counterpoint? Nobody.

A cop can assert your driving under the influence at sight. Then you have to prove your innocence. It's like everything American: the bar has swung way yonder too much the other end.

ploto
11-05-2009, 02:56 PM
Actually, I am amazed that more NBA players are not arrested for DUI at 2:00 AM after home games.

LOL@MavsFan
11-05-2009, 02:57 PM
Kings F Nocioni arrested on suspicion of DUI (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-kings-nocionidui&prov=ap&type=lgns)

Sacramento Kings forward Andres Nocioni has been arrested on suspicion of drunk driving.

Nocioni was booked into the Sacramento County jail at 3:26 a.m. PST Thursday. Sacramento police Sgt. Norm Leong says Nocioni was pulled over around 2 a.m. in downtown Sacramento when an officer noticed his car weaving.

The officer noticed an odor of alcohol and conducted a field test before booking Nocioni on suspicion of driving under the influence.

The arrest came hours after the Kings lost a home game to the Atlanta Hawks, 113-105, on Wednesday night.

The Kings did not have any immediate comment.

I'd be drunk all the time if I were on the worst team in the NBA.:lmao

LOL@MavsFan
11-05-2009, 02:58 PM
Drinking and driving is a bad combo, glad they got him for it as drunks should not be operating a motor vehicle and endangering the lives of others. I hope this teaches him a lesson to not drink and drive.

It will...just like Furcahol and Leonard Little

lefty
11-05-2009, 03:06 PM
Nocioni failed at the 3 pt contest, but I can see him winning the drunk contest

nkdlunch
11-05-2009, 03:21 PM
Congratulations Chapu on being the first international NBA player to get arrested DUI

toki9
11-05-2009, 05:12 PM
He needs to get out of Sacramento...it's got to be killing him.

Morg1411
11-05-2009, 06:33 PM
Way to go, Noch. Dumb fuck.

manustarting2gd
11-05-2009, 06:45 PM
Excremento is the colon of California....
You too would drink till you weaved.... on top of that, your playing for the Kings... i would probably start doing meth. lol lucky it was just drinks....

mVp
11-05-2009, 06:50 PM
I'd be drunk all the time if I were on the worst team in the NBA.:lmao

lol true that... poor Noch :depressed

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-05-2009, 07:07 PM
Millionaires who drink and drive should be publicly whipped for insulting the rest of the populace with their egregious sense of entitlement. YOU'RE A MILLIONAIRE! Take a fucking cab for christsake!

The DUI thing has turned into a money maker though. And who is going to argue the point? Nobody. It's like dragging out Hitler, who is going to argue the counterpoint? Nobody.

A cop can assert your driving under the influence at sight. Then you have to prove your innocence. It's like everything American: the bar has swung way yonder too much the other end.

?

Once the cop has asserted that, don't they then take you to the station and either do a breath or blood test to prove your blood alcohol content? I bet they do. One man's word against another's is not going to stand up in court when you have technology that can prove or disprove the point.

BTW, driving with a BAC of 0.02-0.05 makes you 1.4 times more likely to have an accident (0.05 is the legal limit in Oz) than if you were sober, 0.05-0.09 makes you 11 times more likely to have an accident than if you were sober, and it just gets worse the more alcohol in your system.

The Scandanavian countries have the best laws on drink-driving - they actually put people in jail for it. And given that drink-driving kills, maims and injures innocent people every day, that seems reasonable to me.

Brazil
11-05-2009, 07:36 PM
dumb move

urunobili
11-05-2009, 09:23 PM
unreal... totally unexpected...there go his chances to become a Spur...

Culburn369
11-05-2009, 09:28 PM
unreal... totally unexpected...there go his chances to become a Spur...

Put him in a wedding gown and you'd gobble him up toot sweet.