PDA

View Full Version : Fat Baby wants to play in the NFL

rAm
11-05-2009, 02:34 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nba/news/story?id=4625777

Glen "Big Baby" Davis has no regrets about choosing basketball over football. That's because he's achieved success and a championship with the Boston Celtics -- and also because he doesn't believe his days on the football field are over.

Davis, the Celtics' 6-foot-9, 290-pound forward, said he eventually wants to play in the NFL.

When I become an All-Star in the NBA, when I become a great player in the NBA, then I'll try football. One of my dreams has always been to play football.
” -- Glen Davis

"I will try it," said Davis, who's on the injured list for six weeks with a broken right thumb sustained in a fight. "When I become an All-Star in the NBA, when I become a great player in the NBA, then I'll try football. One of my dreams has always been to play football."

Davis was a terrific two-way football player at University Laboratory High School in Baton Rouge, La., starring at defensive end, defensive tackle and tailback. But he chose to hang up his cleats and accept a basketball scholarship to LSU, where he became an All-American.

"I definitely could have made it to the NFL," Davis said.

He doesn't have a specific position in mind in the NFL.

"It don't matter," he said. "I just want to play."

Davis is now in his third season with the Celtics. He averaged just 7 points and 4 rebounds per game as a reserve last season, but while replacing Kevin Garnett as a starter in the playoffs, Davis pushed his averages to 15.8 points and 5.6 rebounds per game.

In August, Davis signed a two-year, $6 million contract with the Celtics. He doesn't foresee jumping to the NFL at the end of this contract because he doesn't think he'll reach his NBA goals by then.

"No, we've got too many other great players in front of me -- KG and Rasheed Wallace -- for that to happen," he said.

Davis found himself in hot water with the Celtics after breaking his thumb in an early-morning fight with a longtime friend just two days before the start of the regular season. He apologized to his teammates and was fined for the indiscretion, but was not suspended.

Chris Broussard is a senior writer for ESPN The Magazine.

:wakeup

Culburn369
11-05-2009, 02:36 PM
Gee, and there actually lettin' him talk about something beside getting wounded. Can't beat that hand down, eh? Like money from home.

lefty
11-05-2009, 02:44 PM
He really likes to be yelled at.

Thanks KG

JamStone
11-05-2009, 03:26 PM
Davis, the Celtics' 6-foot-9, 290-pound forward

I'm thinking more like 6-foot-6, 325-pound forward.

duhoh
11-05-2009, 03:38 PM
interesting. wonder what happens when someone clips his legs.

he's still spinnin!

nkdlunch
11-05-2009, 03:39 PM
he just wants to wear those tights

LnGrrrR
11-05-2009, 04:13 PM
Pretty stupid thing for him to say. He's not going to play in the NFL on anything more than a practice team.

Culburn369
11-05-2009, 04:20 PM
he just wants to wear those tights

& then peel 'em off slowly.

boston.balla
11-05-2009, 04:24 PM
Pretty stupid thing for him to say. He's not going to play in the NFL on anything more than a practice team.

he's young and dumb, a monta ellis after a million burgers :hungry:

Spur-Addict
11-05-2009, 04:40 PM
"When I become an All-Star in the NBA, when I become a great player in the NBA, then I'll try football. One of my dreams has always been to play football.
” -- Glen Davis

:lol

LnGrrrR
11-05-2009, 04:52 PM
he's young and dumb, a monta ellis after a million burgers :hungry:

I'd be pissed if I were Doc though. Big baby already wrecks his hand in a stupid incident, then talks about playing in the NFL? I'd tell him he needs to get his head screwed on straight. I mean, if I was at a job and talked about working for another one, my boss probably wouldn't care for it.

JamStone
11-05-2009, 05:17 PM
I remember two seasons ago when the Celtics beat the Pistons in the 2008 ECF, there were reports that Big Baby was playing a pick-up game of tackle football with some high school kids in Detroit like the day before one of the games. Who does that? It's the Eastern Conference Finals. Yeah, you're a bench player who doesn't play big minutes. Yes, you're bigger and stronger than all those high school kids. But really?

badfish22
11-05-2009, 06:50 PM
When I become an All-Star in the NBA, when I become a great player in the NBA, then I'll try football.
” -- Glen Davis

So in other words Glen Davis is never going to play football.

Finperro
11-05-2009, 08:14 PM
So in other words Glen Davis is never going to play football.
He'd be more than glad to play your balls though. It shouldn't be anything hard for Glen to curbstomp your balls out of your immigrant bag and make two cracking sounds with them, presuming you've got a pair of them. It's just a way to prevent your inferior Gene contaminating the females around you, given the fact that females are easily seduced by foreign accents according to johnjeff show.

mogrovejo
11-05-2009, 08:32 PM
I'd be pissed if I were Doc though. Big baby already wrecks his hand in a stupid incident, then talks about playing in the NFL? I'd tell him he needs to get his head screwed on straight. I mean, if I was at a job and talked about working for another one, my boss probably wouldn't care for it.

What's the big deal? Do you think the guys is really thinking about playing in the NFL after making the HOF? It's a freaking fluff piece, probably written before the incident, where the guy talks lightly about the issue, after a question from the reporter about the issue - Davis was a very good football player in HS and that triggered the question. Lighten up, Francis.

FWIW, the main reason LSU wanted Davis was because they thought they could convince him to play football for them.

mavs>spurs2
11-05-2009, 09:10 PM
He'd be more than glad to play your balls though. It shouldn't be anything hard for Glen to curbstomp your balls out of your immigrant bag and make two cracking sounds with them, presuming you've got a pair of them. It's just a way to prevent your inferior Gene contaminating the females around you, given the fact that females are easily seduced by foreign accents according to johnjeff show.

LnGrrrR
11-05-2009, 09:23 PM
What's the big deal? Do you think the guys is really thinking about playing in the NFL after making the HOF? It's a freaking fluff piece, probably written before the incident, where the guy talks lightly about the issue, after a question from the reporter about the issue - Davis was a very good football player in HS and that triggered the question. Lighten up, Francis.

FWIW, the main reason LSU wanted Davis was because they thought they could convince him to play football for them.

Eh, I just think it's a stupid thing to say a week after doing
something stupid. I'm not saying Doc should tear into him publicly, but i'd tell him in private that he should probably focus on his NBA game first and stop thinking about playing for the NFL.

badfish22
11-05-2009, 09:24 PM

Cool kids have multiple accounts on internet message boards and stalk people who embarrassed them.

And theres the customary response by Rogues bitch :lmao

Rogue
11-06-2009, 12:06 AM
Cool kids have multiple accounts on internet message boards and stalk people who embarrassed them.

It's not anything cool to wear such a number of posts, which only indicates you're so idle in real life that you have pretty much time to waste on internet arguing with idiots, unless you're an immigrant who speaks a shitty language as mother tongue. It's only cool of you to pour so much shit to accentuate your immigrant identity, which makes you feel superior to your fellows who're still wiggling in your home country, despite how shameful your race is.

BRHornet45
11-06-2009, 12:35 AM
sons he wouldn't have been jack shit on LSU's football team. especially the years that he went to school there we were a beast. big baby is turning into a disgrace for LSU.

cobbler
11-06-2009, 12:41 AM
sons he wouldn't have been jack shit on LSU's football team. especially the years that he went to school there we were a beast. big baby is turning into a disgrace for LSU.

LSU and the SEC do a fine job of discracing themselves without big babys help!

jag
11-06-2009, 12:43 AM

Les Miles is trying hard to compete with him.

BRHornet45
11-06-2009, 12:45 AM
I could use him on the Raiders... shit.

LOL sorry son I had to laugh ... how is Jamarcus Russell working out?

son I swear I have hated on that lazy slob from day one. I was alone with my hate on him around here in BR because everyone else kissed his ass at LSU. the dude is very PHYSICALLY talented, but that's where it stops. he is a complete moron and has next to no football IQ.

LSU won both of their most recent National Titles with below average QB's ... but those QB's had a brain. Jamarcus damn near single handedly cost us from winning back to back titles.

son I can't tell you how many times I saw him out at bars around town. cool dude and all, but terrible starting QB.

BRHornet45
11-06-2009, 12:46 AM
LSU and the SEC do a fine job of discracing themselves without big babys help!

LMAO ...clown!!!!!!

cobbler
11-06-2009, 12:53 AM
LMAO ...clown!!!!!!

Have you not seen the SEC officials just hand Florida the last couple games keeping their team in the title game race? The only way they saved a little face was to suspend them and the next crew follows suit the following game.

...and Les Miles is the biggest douche in college football.

Pathetic!

BRHornet45
11-06-2009, 12:55 AM
Have you not seen the SEC officials just hand Florida the last couple games keeping their team in the title game race? The only way they saved a little face was to suspend them and the next crew follows suit the next game.

...and Les Miles is the biggest douche in college football.

Pathetic!

oh please you USC nut-hugging fun boy .... who exactly has USC played? oh yea that's right ... they got BEAT DOWN by chump ass teams like Washington and Oregon! LMAO LMAO ...

who does USC play next? let me guess ... Northern Utah Missionary College???

badfish22
11-06-2009, 01:16 AM
It's not anything cool to wear such a number of posts, which only indicates you're so idle in real life that you have pretty much time to waste on internet arguing with idiots, unless you're an immigrant who speaks a shitty language as mother tongue. It's only cool of you to pour so much shit to accentuate your immigrant identity, which makes you feel superior to your fellows who're still wiggling in your home country, despite how shameful your race is.

Oh look Rogue is back! Do you suffer from multi-personality disorder?
I'm sorry I don't have all my post spread through multiple accounts. Really, I don't know how you are trying to make fun of ME for not having a life.
You have been responding to every post I make, even if I am not talking to you.

Just let it go and quit talking to me. Or don't its kinda fun to piss you off this much, although its kinda getting boring.

cobbler
11-06-2009, 01:20 AM
oh please you USC nut-hugging fun boy .... who exactly has USC played? oh yea that's right ... they got BEAT DOWN by chump ass teams like Washington and Oregon! LMAO LMAO ...

who does USC play next? let me guess ... Northern Utah Missionary College???

Oh I really dont think you want to get into the history of cupcakes on schedules. Can you say Troy, Tulane, North Texas and Appalachian State?

USC is not that good this year. When you lose 9 of your starting 11 on defense to the NFL and start a true freshman what can you expect?

PHIL STEELE’S 2009 TOUGHEST SCHEDULE:

1 South Carolina
2 Florida St
3 Oklahoma
4 Mississippi St
5 Minnesota
6 Arkansas
7 Georgia
8 Virginia Tech
9 Tennessee
10 Michigan St
11 Oregon
12 Miami, Fl
13 Virginia
14 Oklahoma St
15 Auburn
16 Washington
17 USC
18 Baylor
19 Texas Tech
20 Washington St
21 LSU

a few more for your perusal:

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/collegesports/2009/08/17/bcs-football-the-five-toughest-schedules/

http://www.collegegameballs.com/2009/05/20/2009-out-of-conference-schedule-strength-by-conference-and-team/

Rogue
11-06-2009, 02:42 AM
Oh look Rogue is back! Do you suffer from multi-personality disorder?
I'm sorry I don't have all my post spread through multiple accounts. Really, I don't know how you are trying to make fun of ME for not having a life.
You have been responding to every post I make, even if I am not talking to you.

Just let it go and quit talking to me. Or don't its kinda fun to piss you off this much, although its kinda getting boring.
I'm not an immigrant, after all.

mavs>spurs2
11-06-2009, 02:46 AM

suck a dick

Chieflion
11-06-2009, 04:25 AM
Well, he said his goal is to become a NBA all-star, then become a NFL player. This guy is smart.

mogrovejo
11-06-2009, 10:30 AM
Eh, I just think it's a stupid thing to say a week after doing
something stupid. I'm not saying Doc should tear into him publicly, but i'd tell him in private that he should probably focus on his NBA game first and stop thinking about playing for the NFL.

Once again, the interview was made before the incident.

Do you think the guy is really thinking about playing in the NFL and not focusing on his NBA game? Geez, it's a light-hearted funny response to a light-hearted funny question. Don't be so serious.

badfish22
11-06-2009, 02:23 PM
suck a dick

Well you are already sucking Rogues :lmao