PDA

View Full Version : Artest wanted to choke Ariza

robbie380
11-05-2009, 03:21 PM
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/artest-bynum-ariza-2638113-game-lakers

Artest said his former Rockets teammates were "definitely trying to get me ejected" by throwing elbows at him, and he acknowledged he might've indulged the notion if not for a little NBA commissioner/angel appearing on his shoulder.

A jolt from Ariza just minutes into the game – after Artest said Luis Scola already threw one – nearly sent Artest, suspended 72 games by Stern in 2004, back into arrest.

"I wanted to (choke Ariza) because he hit me with the elbow," Artest said. "But then I thought about David Stern, and I thought I wasn't going to do this. I got hit with three or four elbows. It's just not fair. I don't want to fight."

Did I clearly articulate that Artest did think about it, though? Let me clarify: He mentioned that he thought in the moment how certain he was that he was stronger than Ariza and contemplated his interest in making someone his "punching bag."

Yet with Kobe Bryant interceding and shepherding Artest away, the match didn't light – and Artest was able to joke (I think he was joking) about it all. He basically invited anyone else to come hit him and said: "I'm not fighting anymore. I'm tired. I give up. I'm not fighting anymore."

does anyone remember him saying anything this over the top when he was with the rockets? a pretty stupid statement by artest. i can easily see stern looking into this comment given ron's history.

Samr
11-05-2009, 03:26 PM
Ticking time bomb. I knew it was going to happen, but I didn't think this early in the season. I can't wait until he starts the whole "they're picking on me and I'm not reacting, but since the NBA isn't rewarding my not reacting, I'm gonna take this into my own hands."

Dude is insane. You might keep insane people at bay for a while, but ultimately, the crazy is going to come out.

Allanon
11-05-2009, 03:28 PM
I feel like choking my co-workers every once in awhile as well. Or doing a drop-kick on my boss.

Not un-common.

DisAsTerBot
11-05-2009, 03:30 PM
I feel like choking my co-workers every once in awhile as well. Or doing a drop-kick on my boss.

Not un-common.

but most likely you've never really acted on it...at least probably not at your workplace. crazy dude has.

TheMACHINE
11-05-2009, 03:31 PM
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/artest-bynum-ariza-2638113-game-lakers

does anyone remember him saying anything this over the top when he was with the rockets? a pretty stupid statement by artest. i can easily see stern looking into this comment given ron's history.

well in the rockets..he actually tried to do it by aggresively confronting Kobe etc...on the lakers he is simply saying it.

nkdlunch
11-05-2009, 03:31 PM

Not un-common.

Do you announce it in your weekly meetings?

duhoh
11-05-2009, 03:33 PM

hahaha good one :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

robbie380
11-05-2009, 03:37 PM

Not un-common.

i'm just saying it is completely retarded for the guy to announce it to the world. i don't think he should be fined or suspended, but i can see stern issuing some sort of fine or suspension.

Allanon
11-05-2009, 03:39 PM
Ah, I see the point you guys are trying to make.

I don't think it's a problem; you see that all the time in interviews as well. Guys who are politically correct say "I wanted to retaliate". But since it's Ron, he told us how he REALLy felt. :lol

Culburn369
11-05-2009, 03:39 PM
I'm just glad we won, the Suns lost and I could light once & again.

LakeShow
11-05-2009, 03:48 PM
:lol I don't know what got into them two but they started the game off going at each other. I'm glad Kobe and Phil slowed Artest's roll. I don't want to see him and Ariza get into it. I like them both. He should save that for Manu and Pierce. I'll be sure to twitter Artest and remind him how Manu punked him with an elbow and the ref's did nothing about it a few years ago. :stirpot:

I do remember the elbow that Artest got that pissed him off. He did the same thing when Kobe elbowed him. He stopped playing and went straight to the ref who was standing right there and complained. It was a solid elbow by Ariza.

Culburn369
11-05-2009, 03:51 PM
I can understand Artest acting like this, but, Ariza? It's not his MO at all. And proved his undoing as he went a miserable 5-21.

LakeShow
11-05-2009, 03:55 PM
I can understand Artest acting like this, but, Ariza? It's not his MO at all. And proved his undoing as he went a miserable 5-21.

That was surprising, Ariza was pretty cocky last night.

That's 3 games in a row where Artest has gotten into the players heads that he's guarding. And they say he's lost it? Fail

djohn2oo8
11-05-2009, 03:57 PM

You couldn't understand it when he went after Kobe.........Anyway, thank God Morey knew what the fuck he was doing

Culburn369
11-05-2009, 04:05 PM
You couldn't understand it when he went after Kobe.........Anyway, thank God Morey knew what the fuck he was doing

I understood it. It's love. Not homasexual love like you guys constantly tease yourselfs with, but, just love. Artest couldn't express his love for Bryant any other way than to "hit him." These things are usually twixt male & female, but, can happen between men if the emotions are present.

Flux451
11-05-2009, 04:16 PM

Not un-common.

I used to think about it daily. But would you post your thoughts in a mass email sent to all your co-workers and boss?

Edit: Just noticed all the similar replies.

Allanon
11-05-2009, 04:37 PM
I used to think about it daily. But would you post your thoughts in a mass email sent to all your co-workers and boss?

Edit: Just noticed all the similar replies.

Well of course basketball's different in this sense. You have reporters prodding you for this info.

Most players just say they thought about "retaliating". Artest is alot more "colorful".

But that also makes Artest more entertaining. And for me; basketball is just more entertaining this way.

djohn2oo8
11-05-2009, 04:48 PM
Talking about the possibility of choking somebody is not entertaining....If somebody said that about Kobe, Laker fans would would claim "Blasphemy"

Culburn369
11-05-2009, 04:56 PM
Talking about the possibility of choking somebody is not entertaining....If somebody said that about Kobe, Laker fans would would claim "Blasphemy"

Please. When Bell clotheslined him you fellows were chasing your assholes round your elbows trying to justify it.

You lost, dj. You lost back in May and you took it better than this. Grow up.

djohn2oo8
11-05-2009, 04:57 PM
^ Kobe throws elbows that Laker fans call love taps.....He deserved it

djohn2oo8
11-05-2009, 04:59 PM
lol if Ron choked somebody, you do realize that would be a waste of 33 mil, as he would never play in the NBA again

Allanon
11-05-2009, 04:59 PM

Just an exaggeration, and we know Ron exaggerates, DJohn. Just like when he said Kobe elbowed him in the throat when he actually elbowed him in the chest.

Or no different than saying "Kobe was killing it out there". Or shooting a "dagger 3". All exaggerations but they're entertaining.

Exaggerations are fun in sport. Just like Chick's Refrigerator, Kevin Harlan's double cheeseburger, and Marv's "No regard for human life".

djohn2oo8
11-05-2009, 05:05 PM
Ron cant go around saying that with his reputation

Flux451
11-05-2009, 05:08 PM
Well of course basketball's different in this sense. You have reporters prodding you for this info.

Most players just say they thought about "retaliating". Artest is alot more "colorful".

But that also makes Artest more entertaining. And for me; basketball is just more entertaining this way.

Serve me some b-ball, hold the drama. I don't find it entertaining, pretty ignorant in my eyes. To each his own.

Of course it is. We paid 33 mil for it, and I want to see it.

That is one expensive movie.
It is LA and the movie camera is always rolling, so I can see why.

Allanon
11-05-2009, 05:22 PM
Serve me some b-ball, hold the drama. I don't find it entertaining, pretty ignorant in my eyes. To each his own.

To each his own indeed.

Too many people going around being politically correct these days.

While players are pleasing the conservatives with words like "retaliating"; Ron "keeps it real" and says he'd f*ck a dude up.

sook
11-05-2009, 05:31 PM
Ron isn't helping his rep out...

Half of the Ts he gets called for are b.c of it :lol

HarlemHeat37
11-05-2009, 05:35 PM
Uh-oh..it's beginning..he must have confused Ariza for a woman, since we all know how much Ron likes to beat females..

djohn2oo8
11-05-2009, 06:30 PM
You sissy ass liberals are turning the whole planet gay. It use to be if a woman got beside herself, you'd slap her in the face a couple of times, and go she'd fix you a drink, now she's calls the police due to weak men of your mind-set.

Lol, if you had a woman, she'd own your ass

HarlemHeat37
11-05-2009, 06:35 PM
Men that beat women are not only mentally unstable, but they're usually poor lovers as well..from my experience and the same opinions of many others, a good dick always does the job..

Although to be fair, lakaluva has probably never used his penis for activities other than stroking it to videos of Kobe throwing the organization under the bus..

HarlemHeat37
11-05-2009, 06:43 PM
I'm not a woman..I'm just a secure man that has noticed a pattern in anti-social idiots like Ron Artest and Kobe(not surprising with Kobe..look at his small hands in ratio to his height..duke must be packing light, it must be disappointing to his moist)..

Flux451
11-05-2009, 08:43 PM
You sissy ass liberals are turning the whole planet gay. It use to be if a woman got beside herself, you'd slap her in the face a couple of times, and go she'd fix you a drink, now she's calls the police due to weak men of your mind-set.

Face it. Women are slowly becoming more dominant then men. You give them the right to vote and they take the presidency.

All good. I don't want to work anymore anyway. Women go get a 100,000 job!!!

Culburn369
11-05-2009, 09:15 PM
I'm not a woman.

But, yer an expert on getting f'ked by a tubular steak. You'll fit in just dandy on this homoerotic mish mash.

tee, hee.

The Third Man
11-06-2009, 12:19 AM
To each his own indeed.

Too many people going around being politically correct these days.

While players are pleasing the conservatives with words like "retaliating"; Ron "keeps it real" and says he'd f*ck a dude up.

Ron's reputation for "keepin' it real" is what unfairly got him threw out of a couple of playoff games last year. If this shit is starting in November against a lottery bound team like the Rockets, it can't be good. If he was smart enough not to do it, he ought to be smart enough to shut the fuck up.

cobbler
11-06-2009, 12:32 AM
Men that beat women are not only mentally unstable, but they're usually poor lovers as well..from my experience and the same opinions of many others, a good dick always does the job

WTF? :lol

I'm not a woman..I'm just a secure man that has noticed a pattern in anti-social idiots like Ron Artest and Kobe(not surprising with Kobe..look at his small hands in ratio to his height..duke must be packing light, it must be disappointing to his moist)..

WTF?

You are actually checking out a guys hands and estimating his package size?

Explains a lot!!!! :lmao

Roxsfan
11-06-2009, 12:35 AM

You owned with that Sir.:flag:

Allanon
11-06-2009, 02:32 AM
Ron's reputation for "keepin' it real" is what unfairly got him threw out of a couple of playoff games last year. If this shit is starting in November against a lottery bound team like the Rockets, it can't be good. If he was smart enough not to do it, he ought to be smart enough to shut the fuck up.

I can understand where you're coming from 3rd man. On other teams I can see it being a problem.

But this is LA, this stuff is considered "normal". Lakers survived Shaq and Kobe, Kobe & Katelyn Faber, Malone hittin' on Venessa, they'll surely survive Ron TMZ.

I think it's going to add "fun" to this relatively boring Laker romp through the regular season.

Even with Pau out and Ron Artest learning the system while thinking about choking Ariza, the Lakers are still #2 in the West.

If Phoenix can have fun, the Lakers can at least have entertainment.

cobbler
11-06-2009, 03:13 AM
I can understand where you're coming from 3rd man. On other teams I can see it being a problem.

But this is LA, this stuff is considered "normal". Lakers survived Shaq and Kobe, Kobe & Katelyn Faber, Malone hittin' on Venessa, they'll surely survive Ron TMZ.

I think it's going to add "fun" to this relatively boring Laker romp through the regular season.

Even with Pau out and Ron Artest learning the system while thinking about choking Ariza, the Lakers are still #2 in the West.

Don't think for a second that the move to obtain Ariza was strictly basketball related. Dr. Buss loves the circus atmosphere and the drama surrounding it. Ron, regardless of your opinion of him, gets press and the Lakers are being discussed.

So he got the better player and the publicity that comes with him. WIN WIN

Culburn369
11-06-2009, 05:46 AM

Ouch!

DaDakota
11-06-2009, 08:59 AM
Shocking that Mo-Ron would say something like this.

DD

Reeko_Htown
11-06-2009, 10:51 AM
Ron Ron with move headline for the media to eat up. That is all.

I hope the media starts spreading the word that our team will get under your skin though.

Culburn369
11-06-2009, 11:51 AM
I hope the media starts spreading the word that our team will get under your skin though.

Sure, the Suns are fun, yer under the skin.:rolleyes