PDA

View Full Version : DeJaun Blair 10 seconds away from being a Cavalier

mystargtr34
11-05-2009, 09:44 PM
DeJuan Blair 10 seconds away from being a Cavalier

November 5, 2009 12:33 PM

By Chris Broussard

I reported this on my NBA 411 segment on "Mike and Mike in the Morning'' today: According to information gathered from multiple league executives, DeJuan Blair was 10 seconds away from joining "King James'' and "The Big Shaquisition'' in Cleveland.

On draft night 2009, Cleveland offered Denver $2 million for the 34th pick. Cavs GM Danny Ferry thought it was essentially a done deal and had fingered Blair as the pick.

But with just 10 seconds left to make its selection, Denver was offered $2.25 million, a league record for the sale of a 34th pick, from the Houston Rockets. Because there was such a small amount of time left to make the pick, the Nuggets didn't have a chance to give Cleveland the opportunity to beat Houston's offer.

So the Rockets got the pick and instructed Denver to select Sergio Llull for them. Three picks later, San Antonio took Blair.

Of course, Cleveland could have gotten Blair at 30, but it took Christian Eyenga instead.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/10372/blair-10-seconds-away-from-being-a-cav

mystargtr34
11-05-2009, 09:49 PM
Someone shoot me

Riverwalkman
11-05-2009, 09:50 PM
I read this few hours ago.

If Cavs had enough time to beat Houston's offer, If Blair had ACLs, If...

Thank goodness he is a Spur now.

timtonymanu
11-05-2009, 10:13 PM
Damn for a second i thought the spurs were trading him.

AussieFanKurt
11-05-2009, 10:49 PM
same here

noob cake
11-05-2009, 11:38 PM
Morey saved your asses.

Send us more Scola's as payment.

Cant_Be_Faded
11-06-2009, 12:24 AM
Maybe we coulda got Sam Young instead had that gone down and the team before us picked someone else. He could have been a possible first year bruce bowen replacement on D.

Marcus Bryant
11-06-2009, 12:28 AM
from the Houston Rockets....

...So the Rockets got the pick and instructed Denver to select Sergio Llull for them. Three picks later, San Antonio took Blair.

:rollin

Aaron Brooks.

mountainballer
11-06-2009, 06:49 AM
But with just 10 seconds left to make its selection, Denver was offered $2.25 million, a league record for the sale of a 34th pick, from the Houston Rockets. Because there was such a small amount of time left to make the pick, the Nuggets didn't have a chance to give Cleveland the opportunity to beat Houston's offer.

So the Rockets got the pick and instructed Denver to select Sergio Llull for them. Three picks later, San Antonio took Blair.

one day Houston will be as happy with Llull as we are with Blair.

KidCongo
11-06-2009, 07:26 AM
It was all about the 2 years of guaranteed money for a guy with no acl's, but the irony is you guys gave him a 4 year deal anyway.

SenorSpur
11-06-2009, 07:30 AM
Maybe we coulda got Sam Young instead had that gone down and the team before us picked someone else. He could have been a possible first year bruce bowen replacement on D.

Yeah Young was the guy I had my heart and hopes on. That is, until it was obvious the Beast was going to be there.

I shudder to think what would've been the case had the Spurs been forced to simply settle for Jack McLinton. :bang