PDA

View Full Version : Spurs best against Lakers best?

bthewigwam
11-06-2009, 12:38 AM
I've conceded to the fact that Pop is just experimenting plus the fact that this game doesn't mean shit. So I'm thinking and asking what is the Spurs best against the Lakers best? Western Conference Finals last minutes:

Lakers:
Fisher
Bryant
Odom
Gasol
Bynum

I can't figure out anyway to counter the Odom factor, my best guess is:

Spurs:
Parker
Manu/Hill
RJ
Duncan
Blair

I would say easily Manu but who would guard Kobe, and if it was RJ, then who would guard Odom/Bryant?
I'm sure there are many thoughts/variations on this.

HarlemHeat37
11-06-2009, 12:41 AM
Woah, Lakers?..let's calm down right now..HOPEFULLY we can talk about the Lakers in January/February..right now? let's not compare at all..

mexicanjunior
11-06-2009, 12:42 AM
Spurs won't play the Lakers except as an 8th seed playing like this...

bthewigwam
11-06-2009, 12:43 AM
I know it's getting ahead, and the Nuggs look good but just thinking if everything comes together, how would it work. Gettin ahead of myself, I agree. Don't think this game is a true indication of the talent on our team though, Pop is still working that D.

HarlemHeat37
11-06-2009, 12:45 AM
Let's talk about the Clippers and compare first..hopefully we can sniff the Lakers from a far at some point..

bthewigwam
11-06-2009, 12:46 AM
You forgot Artest buddy.

True. Odom/Artest, same play I would think. Maybe not, same problem though.

Spursmania
11-06-2009, 12:47 AM
:vomit: I can't compare the way we're playing right now. I need some time.

SouthTexasRancher
11-06-2009, 12:48 AM
We are not in the Laker's category presently. They have chemistry and we don't. A long way to go but, right now we need to learn to play together with various lineups and rotations. We are not even as good as Denver, Dallas or Phoenix and maybe Portland as well. And if Utah beats us tonight then we are pretty far down the line. Let's see how we are doing around the All Star break.

Texas_Ranger
11-06-2009, 12:51 AM
Where are our starters Bonner and Finley????

Spursmania
11-06-2009, 01:42 AM
Where are our starters Bonner and Finley????

:lmao:lmao

slick'81
11-06-2009, 01:43 AM
the lakers today would kick the crap out of us and they dont even have gasol back

lets let the spurs start playing some good ball before we talk la

VivaPopovich
11-06-2009, 01:45 AM
I've conceded to the fact that Pop is just experimenting plus the fact that this game doesn't mean shit. So I'm thinking and asking what is the Spurs best against the Lakers best? Western Conference Finals last minutes:

Lakers:
Fisher
Bryant
Odom
Gasol
Bynum

I can't figure out anyway to counter the Odom factor, my best guess is:

Spurs:
Parker
Manu/Hill
RJ
Duncan
Blair

I would say easily Manu but who would guard Kobe, and if it was RJ, then who would guard Odom/Bryant?
I'm sure there are many thoughts/variations on this.

Ron Artest has to be in that lineup somehow. Maybe they should play Kobe at PG :lol

Blair PF
Duncan C

Allanon
11-06-2009, 01:48 AM
Hahah at some of those responses. :lol

You guys are all good sports about it all.

It would be a fun matchup, props.

sabar
11-06-2009, 01:48 AM
It's 4 games in. The end.