PDA

View Full Version : voshon lenard is coming back

red kryptonite
04-18-2005, 08:08 PM
the nuggets just got a whole lot scarier

timvp
04-18-2005, 08:11 PM
Damn, that's pretty huge. Lenard is a big time player and was their best performer last year in the playoffs. He makes them even tougher and even a more prolific offensive unit.

CHAMPS AGAIN

:lol :lol :lol :sleep :sleep :nope :nope

exstatic
He won't get into game shape in the 4 or 5 games that the series will last. ;)

whottt
04-18-2005, 08:22 PM
Damn, that's pretty huge.

LMAO! After seeing Voshon in the 3 point shooting contest you have no idea how true that statement is...

He makes Shaq look anorexic.

Experiment2100
04-18-2005, 08:25 PM
Good idea, bring back a guy who hasn't played much and has little to do with the record now.

ducks
04-18-2005, 08:26 PM
sounds to me nuggets are scared

Dre_7
04-18-2005, 08:33 PM
LMAO! After seeing Voshon in the 3 point shooting contest you have no idea how true that statement is...

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

SequSpur
04-18-2005, 08:37 PM
NBA Forum.

WGAF.

ducks
04-18-2005, 08:39 PM
NBA Forum.

WGAF.
why spurs play them in playoffs you

Dre_7
04-18-2005, 08:39 PM
NBA Forum.

WGAF.

Dude, they are playing us in the playoffs. I think thats enough to be considered "Spurs related"

ducks
04-18-2005, 08:42 PM
NBA Forum.

WGAF.
:idiot :stfu :jack :nope

red kryptonite
04-18-2005, 08:46 PM
$10 says sequspur didn't even know voshon played for the nuggets.

MeAndBobThrowChairs
04-18-2005, 11:11 PM
ya the biggins gonna be extremly dangerous yall. hes gonna be hobbling around on that torn achilles tendon chunkin up threes.i also heard voshon lenard was the second coming of christ :rollin
http://www.alarmingproducts.com/pics/PPS180-14A.jpg
^^^voshon

Obstructed_View
04-18-2005, 11:29 PM
The boy can shoot, and I doubt it takes a jump shooter long to get his legs back. He can definitely be exploited on defense, which will negate his shooting unless he just goes insane. Either way it's amazing that he's back so soon. He's in the game right now, and led the break. He pulled up for an 18 footer, but hey, what's a brutha gonna do, he looks Samoan.

CaptainLate
04-18-2005, 11:41 PM
The TBs on "Lame Night React" said Voshon is doing an Oliver Miller improv.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-19-2005, 12:00 AM

He makes Shaq look anorexic.

thats funny

but noone can ever out-fat the fat aristotle
:elephant

T Park
04-19-2005, 04:27 AM
Voshon Leanard is dangerous.

When not doing his best Chris Farley impression.

The guy is out of shape, and hes gotta be totally not even close to basketball shape.

He can shoot yes, but can you imagine him trying to defend Ginobili???

Demaar Johnson will be getting a load of minutes I'm sure.

Dre_7
04-19-2005, 04:39 AM
can you imagine him trying to defend Ginobili???

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Kori Ellis
04-19-2005, 07:39 AM
Make fun of Lenard's weight all you want, but he's a shooter and it helps them. You guys probably haven't seen him since February; I haven't. So I'm not sure how you determined that he was still fat. If he's been working out since then and is in basketball shape, then he's a solid addition for them.

boutons
04-19-2005, 07:47 AM
"he's a solid addition for them."

yep, had a solid stat line last night for only a few minutes played.

CosmicCowboy
04-19-2005, 07:49 AM
No kidding Kori...He just gives them an added floor spacing element they have been missing...I had him on my fantasy team last year so watched him closely...he is a very streaky shooter but if he gets hot he has the ability to blow a game open in a hurry by running off multiple threes...

these guys won't be laughing if he does that to us in a fourth quarter...

timvp
04-19-2005, 08:19 AM
Chuck Person as a Spur would make Lenard look like Brent Barry. Are you kidding me? Yeah he's chunky but if there's one team that knows about how a fat three-point shooter can be deadly, it would be the Spurs.

Spurs fans let their standup comic aspirations get in the way of their basketball judgement half the time.

whottt
04-19-2005, 08:24 AM
Chuck Person as a Spur would make Lenard look like Brent Barry. Are you kidding me? Yeah he's chunky but if there's one team that knows about how a fat three-point shooter can be deadly, it would be the Spurs.

Did you watch the 3 ppint shootout?

The guy had to be over 300lbs....

If he's anything close to as out of shape as he was in that contest he won't stay on the court long.

I respect the guy as 3 point threat...And I am wary of shooters coming off of spending most of the season on the IR...like Derek Fisher in 2001...

But no, this guy was bigger than two Chuck Person's, when he was at the 3 point contest...he was incredibly out of shape.

The announcers were talking in all seriousness that he was well over 300lbs.

Spurs fans let their standup comic aspirations get in the way of their basketball judgement half the time.

It was just funny when you said his return was huge...

timvp
04-19-2005, 08:28 AM
Did you watch the 3 ppint shootout?

The guy had to be over 300lbs....

If he's anything close to as out of shape as he was in that contest he won't stay on the court long.

I respect the guy as 3 point thread...And I am wary of guys coming off of spending most of the season the DL...like Derek Fisher in 2001...

But no, this guy was bigger than two Chuck Person's at the 3 point contest...he was incredibly out of shape.

The announcers were talking in all seriousness that he was well over 300lbs.

Either you were listening to the contest on the radio or you can't judge people's weight very well. Yeah, he was out of shape (which happens when you can't do any cardio with a torn achilles), but he was AT MOST 245 pounds. He's listed at 205, so gaining 20-30 pounds while injured is nothing new.

If you think he was ANYWHERE CLOSE to 300 pounds and you actually saw him, I've officially lost all respect for your opinion.

It was just funny when you said his return was huge...

Laugh now but when he hits a big three on the Spurs, don't come crying to me.

Kori Ellis
04-19-2005, 08:32 AM
I saw him in the locker room. If he used to weigh 205 or 210, then he probably weighed around 240. He's not very tall and his body style is such that he looks fat easily, but 300 pounds? No way; not even close.

Jimcs50
04-19-2005, 08:34 AM
He has missed every game but 2, and you are worried???
If anything, it will upset their chemistry that they have developed over the last 3 months.

Camby is the straw that stirs that drink.

He missed the last 2 games and they got blown out both games after winning 24 of their last 26.

If he is healthy, then the Spurs are in for a great series, if he is 80%, then Spurs win in 4 or 5.

whottt
04-19-2005, 08:36 AM
Either you were listening to the contest on the radio or you can't judge people's weight very well. Yeah, he was out of shape (which happens when you can't do any cardio with a torn achilles), but he was AT MOST 245 pounds. He's listed at 205, so gaining 20-30 pounds while injured is nothing new.

If you think he was ANYWHERE CLOSE to 300 pounds and you actually saw him, I've officially lost all respect for your opinion.

LMAO, you had respect for it in the first place? With all my AJ hate? I call BS...shock and awe won't work on me.

I've still got the contest on my PC and there is no way that guy is 240...Malik Rose is 240...Malik looks like he would be an appetizer for Voshon at the AS game.

Laugh now but when he hits a big three on the Spurs, don't come crying to me.

:lmao
Voshon won't be able to hit any other kind :rollin

But I promise I will stop thinking your unintentional puns are funny if you can promise me that it will make a difference in the way Voshon shoots...

timvp
04-19-2005, 08:37 AM
He scored like 14 points in 17 minutes last night.

The Spurs will have a harder job incorporating GRob into their playoff style of basketball than the Nuggets with Lenard.

timvp
04-19-2005, 08:38 AM
LMAO, you had respect for it in the first place? With all my AJ hate? I call BS...shock and awe won't work on me.

I've still got the contest on my PC and there is no way that guy is 240...Malik Rose is 240...Malik looks like he would be an appetizer for Voshon at the AS game.

Lenard is like 6'2. Post a freeze frame if you believe in your position.

Didn't think so.

:lmao
Voshon won't be able to hit any other kind :rollin

But I promise I will stop thinking your unintentional puns are funny if you can promise me that it will make a difference in the way Voshon shoots...

If only they were unintentional.

Then you'd be funny.

:smokin

whottt
04-19-2005, 08:48 AM
He's listed as 6'4 at ESPN...

In any case, I refuse to cowtow to the Nuggets...they don't even belong on the same court as us, and the only way we lose this series is if Pop gets outcoached, and his micromanaging this entire season, the Spurs chemistry altering cost cutting manuvers, and Pop's preference for closer games and rest, over wins, has robbed the team of the confidence it should have based on it's talent level, depth, and work ethic.

If we lose this series it will be 100% on Pop and the Spurs FO...and it will be because he got outcoached...I wish I could say that I know that would never happen...but it's just not true...I've watched him get overmatched by Phil Jackson's intuition for the game and ability to instill confidence in his players...which are both greater than Pop's.

So this series is all on Pop...

I refuse to cowtow to the freaking Nuggets, and quite simply, they can kiss my butt.

There's a difference between respecting your opponent and psyching yourself into a loss...and if we lose this series it will be because Pop allowed the team to psyche itself out. Sometimes you need to tell a team to stop being so humble and let them know how good they really are...reigning them in because they are blowing teams out too easily doesn't help...

Jimcs50
04-19-2005, 08:51 AM
He scored like 14 points in 17 minutes last night.

The Spurs will have a harder job incorporating GRob into their playoff style of basketball than the Nuggets with Lenard.

timvp, if Lenard is even a remote worry of the Spurs today, you can kiss winning this series goodbye.

:rolleyes

MadDog73
04-19-2005, 08:52 AM
So this series is all on Pop...

Or because of injuries, the Spus not shooting well...

While I agree Pop is responsible for setting up plays, rotations and the roster, you can't blame everything wrong on Pop!

Best active coach in the NBA. Period.

Jimcs50
04-19-2005, 08:53 AM
Lenard played in GARBAGE time, which was basically the whole 4th quarter.

Hell, I could score in garbage time.

Jimcs50
04-19-2005, 08:53 AM
whottt, why are you bagging on Pop????

timvp
04-19-2005, 08:55 AM
He's listed as 6'4 at ESPN...

In any case, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah

So you admit he wasn't over 300 pounds?

Thank you for the honesty.

whottt
04-19-2005, 08:57 AM
I am bagging with him because he's overcoached this team all season...he's substituted for close games, he's cavalierly rested players and put winning secondary...he's done it all season long...he even did it in the All Star Game...and those injuries bit him in the ass...he substituted for closer games, and it turns out we had plenty of those opportunities without artificially creating them...

And then refusing to put Duncan on the court in the final second against Utah...

Don't even tell me these recent losses aren't due to pop fucking around...and I know a slew of them at midseason were due to that...

whottt
04-19-2005, 09:00 AM
So you admit he wasn't over 300 pounds?

Thank you for the honesty.

He was definitely 300lbs, and he was sucking wind after taking about 5 shots.....I am watching it right now. What can I do to convince you?

Kori Ellis
Lenard played in GARBAGE time, which was basically the whole 4th quarter.

Hell, I could score in garbage time.

If he was on the Spurs and scored that much in garbage time in his first game back, you'd be riding his jock.

Bottomline is that the Nuggets adding a shooter like Lenard makes their team more dangerous. He spaces the floor with another offensive threat.

Jimcs50
Pop wants to be 100% healthy, the 2nd seed is all he wanted. He knows he can beat Denver in rd 1 and he knows he can beat Seattle in rd 2.

He wants to have all his horses in the WCFs against the Suns or the Mavs.

This is his plan.

The players alomost won 3 games without all the horses and they competed, that is all Pop asked.

timvp
04-19-2005, 09:01 AM
He was definitely 300lbs, and he was sucking wind after taking about 5 shots.....I am watching it right now. What can I do to convince you?

Post a link or a screen capture.

But I know I'm right. I was there.

Kori Ellis
04-19-2005, 09:02 AM

You are in crazy-Whottt mode again. He wasn't close to 300. I saw him in the lockerroom. It would take a lot to convince me that he was even 250. He was out of shape, but he wasn't 100 pounds over his listed weight.

Jimcs50
04-19-2005, 09:03 AM
If he was on the Spurs and scored that much in garbage time in his first game back, you'd be riding his jock.

Bottomline is that the Nuggets adding a shooter like Lenard makes their team more dangerous. He spaces the floor with another offensive threat.

I do not ride jocks.

I am a fan of the game.

I love my Spurs players and I applaud their accomplishments.

That is not a jock rider.

Lenard will not be a factor in any game.

he is coming back from the most devestating injury there is just about, and he will not play much at all.

whottt
04-19-2005, 09:06 AM
Or because of injuries, the Spus not shooting well...

While I agree Pop is responsible for setting up plays, rotations and the roster, you can't blame everything wrong on Pop!

Best active coach in the NBA. Period.

Nope...George Karl is better...

Because his team went from a losing record to the 7th seed and they think they can whip the original dream team...

While Pop has got the best team in the NBA, and it's fans, shaking in their shoes over a lower seeded team and the return of a guy that has been on the IR the entire season....

whottt
04-19-2005, 09:07 AM
Post a link or a screen capture.

But I know I'm right. I was there.

Gimme a second to cut it...

Frenchise player
04-19-2005, 09:08 AM
This thread reminds me a lot of Dennis Scott, that guy was a scary three point shooter, but he ended up very fat and too slow to play.

picnroll
04-19-2005, 09:11 AM
Leonard guarding Manu. Please God let it happen.

Kori Ellis
04-19-2005, 09:12 AM
http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/040214/040214_voshon_lenard_vmed_8p.hsmall.jpg

Jimcs50
04-19-2005, 09:12 AM
That is not 300lbs....maybe 250 tops

Kori Ellis
04-19-2005, 09:15 AM
That picture is Voshon Lenard at 205.

I'm proving that you guys can't guess weight at all.

Obstructed_View
04-19-2005, 09:19 AM

After watching their defense, or lack thereof without Camby, adding a guy who is out of shape that can't run back on defense or might have problems with lateral movement could do more harm than good for them. He is a great shooter, though, and probably provides an inspirational boost since he came back so soon.

Jimcs50
04-19-2005, 09:19 AM
That picture is Voshon Lenard at 205.

I'm proving that you guys can't guess weight at all.

I lost my job in the circus just for that reason. I gave away more stuffed animals in 1 month than anyone in the history of Barnum and Bailey.

:)

Kori Ellis
04-19-2005, 09:20 AM
Now here he is at this year's All-Star game .. notably fatter, but did he gain 100 pounds as Whottt alleges?

http://www.mailbling.com/voshon002.jpg

CHAMPS AGAIN
Spurs Win In 5

timvp
:rollin @ whottt

Voshon is like 230 pounds in that picture.

Kori Ellis
04-19-2005, 09:21 AM
After watching their defense, or lack thereof without Camby, adding a guy who is out of shape that can't run back on defense or might have problems with lateral movement could do more harm than good for them. He is a great shooter, though, and probably provides an inspirational boost since he came back so soon.

Well I don't think that he's going to be starting, or guarding Manu as some people here are dreaming about. But he can definitely come in off the bench and knock down some shots. That's not going to be a bad thing if he's used properly.

timvp
04-19-2005, 09:26 AM
If Lenard is 300+ pounds, I can only wonder what Whottt thinks Glenn Robinson weighs.

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20050407/capt.saa10604070343.clippers_spurs_saa106.jpg
THE WORLD'S FATTEST MAN CAN FLY

Obstructed_View
04-19-2005, 09:29 AM

Guys, I'm 6'1" and 225, and I'm a slender reed next to him. Brutha is 3 inches taller than I am, and quite a bit thicker. He probably hasn't been 205 since he was in college, so that's misleading, too. He's probably at least 250-260 in that photo, but I doubt he's 300. When you have an injury like an achilles, it's easy to pick up a lot of weight in a hurry.

MadDog73
04-19-2005, 09:32 AM
Nope...George Karl is better...

Because his team went from a losing record to the 7th seed and they think they can whip the original dream team...

While Pop has got the best team in the NBA, and it's fans, shaking in their shoes over a lower seeded team and the return of a guy that has been on the IR the entire season....

Who's shaking in their shoes? The Spurs?!? Gimme a break. It's the FANS who are nervous (and only some fans at that), NOT the Spurs. Lord.

If you're going by records, than Mike D'Antoni is the best coach. He's beat the Nuggets 4 times in a row, correct? Even more impressive is the Suns are the only team to consistently beat the Nuggets.

But if Tim was healthy, there'd be little doubt the Spurs would have the Number 1 seed, and Pop would again be overlooked as Coach of the Year.

Guess it will take the Playoffs to prove it, but Pop > George Karl.

If there's any other rival, it would be Larry Brown.

timvp
Lenard is actually more 6'2. At most he was around 245 pounds.

Obstructed_View
Well I don't think that he's going to be starting, or guarding Manu as some people here are dreaming about. But he can definitely come in off the bench and knock down some shots. That's not going to be a bad thing if he's used properly.
Yep, you are right. If he shoots well, the Spurs are going to have to make them pay early and often for putting him in, which is how they will win the series anyway. It might be a blessing in disguise, though. The Nuggs have been winning specifically because they haven't been taking lots of threes, and have been getting high percentage shots. They might get lazy and start sitting back if they think they have a three point shooter to bail them out. It may really disrupt their chemistry.

whottt
04-19-2005, 09:34 AM
How do you screen cap something in power DVD?

I capture the photo but it shows up as a black screen...

http://img252.echo.cx/img252/2748/voshon6rt.jpg

whottt
04-19-2005, 09:36 AM
And I call BS...I can listen to Barkley and Smith and they are saying Voshon is as big if not bigger than Barkley...

Kori Ellis
04-19-2005, 09:36 AM
Voshon has a fat head. That's another reason why people think he looks fatter. Believe me, I saw him in the lockerroom last season at the All-Star game without a shirt on. He had the same fat head he always did, but I would guess he was about 210 then.

This season, I saw him again, he was obviously out of shape. But like I said, I don't think he was over 250. Gaining 40 pounds on a 6'2 or so frame is alot. There's no way he gained 100 pounds.

But this doesn't really matter, he can still shoot and definitely poses some danger.

That said ...

Spurs in Five. :smokin

whottt
04-19-2005, 09:38 AM

That's not what the consensus of the panel during the broadcast is...they are worried he's going to injure himself trying to shoot threes.

Even Barkley is saying he is fat.

Kori Ellis
04-19-2005, 09:39 AM
Whottt -- he was/is fat. But he doesn't weigh 300.

Step away from the scale and get back to regular posting.

And you can post whatever you want from TV. I was 3 feet away from the guy, he doesn't weigh 300.

whottt
04-19-2005, 09:39 AM
I got a side view pic of him...someone please tell me the trick to doing a screen capture of a live(paused) video...

timvp
04-19-2005, 09:40 AM
http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2004/11/22/b_2_gallery__550x399.jpg

How soon Spurs fans forget that the guy on the left used to drain threes for the Spurs.

timvp
04-19-2005, 09:41 AM
That's not what the consensus of the panel during the broadcast is...they are worried he's going to injure himself trying to shoot threes.

Even Barkley is saying he is fat.

Those things you are hearing are called "jokes".

Look it up.

MannyIsGod
04-19-2005, 09:41 AM
:lmao @ a 3 page thread on how fat Leonard is.

MannyIsGod
04-19-2005, 09:42 AM
Dude, if Chuck Person was a successful and fat as hell 3 point shooter, Leonard can be too.

I don't think he's going to change the series in anyway, though.

Obstructed_View
04-19-2005, 09:48 AM
How do you screen cap something in power DVD?
Click on the little camera button or hit the letter "C"

whottt
04-19-2005, 09:50 AM
Chuck Person was never as bloated as Voshon was at the AS game...never...he might be now but geez...he's retired.

And Bigg Dogg has been stocky since the day he entered the NBA...they don't call him the Bigg Dogg because he is 7 feet tall.

whottt
04-19-2005, 09:51 AM
Click on the little camera button or hit the letter "C"

smartazzzzzzzzzzzzz ok I got it. Thanks :D

I'll post it since I went to all the this freaking effort but I don't think it's going to change anyones mind.

whottt
04-19-2005, 10:17 AM
I'm sorry but ole Voshon is carrying more than just a couple of extra lbs...that boy has a gut and his butt is as wide as a house.

http://img247.echo.cx/img247/7313/fatty19ds.jpg

http://img247.echo.cx/img247/9510/fatty27nx.jpg

timvp
04-19-2005, 10:40 AM
245 tops.

whottt
04-19-2005, 10:45 AM
I object!

whottt
04-19-2005, 10:47 AM
And I'll tell you something else...

Voshon Leonard shot 422% from the field and 367% from 3....last season.

With Brent Barry shooting that you guys were calling him Brick Barry, saying he sucked, and wanting to make him the 12th man on the team...

Voshon Lenard does it and everyone acts like he's Steve Kerr.

whottt
04-19-2005, 10:51 AM
Which begs the question...who do you guys think is better right now...hell for their entire careers..

Brent Barry or Voshon Lenard?...and if you answer is Barry(which is the right one and it's not even close) then why are we afraid of Voshon?

We're the team that's got two former 3 point champs on it...not to mention Manu shooting a career high and Beno who has shot at 40% for most of the season....and not one, but 3 players that can get them open in Duncan, Big Dogg and Parker...hell Manu can too.

I repeat...Denver can kiss my ass. They are not the better team.

T Park
04-19-2005, 10:53 AM
I have yet to see Brent Barry get 14 points in 17 minutes.

Hell, the guy is scared too much to shoot.

But, thats Pop's fault too.

Everything is pop's fault according to the great talent evaluater here.

whottt
04-19-2005, 10:59 AM

Hell, the guy is scared too much to shoot.

Yawn...You are a satanist.

Anyone can just throw unsubstantiated shit out there...

Prove he is afraid to shoot or STFU about it.

But, thats Pop's fault too.

Everything is pop's fault according to the great talent evaluater here.

Hey asswipe...who the fuck evaluated Barry before signing him?

Could you kick your own ass any worse?

T Park
04-19-2005, 11:10 AM
Man someone gets very angry when his boyfriend is critisized.

Prove he is afraid to shoot or STFU about it.

Lol, ok, Ill STFU, but, wtf is with the low amount of shots a game?

Lets see, last night 23 minutes, 2 shots.

TWO!?!!?!?? are you kidding me????

Shoot freakin at least 6 times in that amount of time for gods sake.

But once again, Im sure, pop held him back last night, told him not to shoot, its all his fault, blah blah blah.

smeagol
04-19-2005, 11:18 AM

Funny statement coming from you. Do you re-read your replies to anybody who critizices Pop or rasho (to a lesser extent)?

bigbendbruisebrother
04-19-2005, 11:19 AM
Stick a fork in the nuggets (parts is parts). I think they're done.

Jimcs50
04-19-2005, 11:39 AM
Why do Spurs fans have to trash Spurs????

Either back up every Spur, or get the fuck out.

It will take a team effort to win the championship. Every member will have to come through to win. Barry, Rasho, TP, Manu, Big Dog, Bruce, Beno, Horry, Nazr and especially TD have to play well at some point. And I think they will all come up big at some point, just as in 03, when Ferry, Speedy and Kerr were huge at certain times.

Get with the team and cut out all this petty arguing !!!

whottt
04-19-2005, 11:40 AM
Why do Spurs fans have to trash Spurs????

Either back up every Spur, or get the fuck out.

It will take a team effort to win the championship. Every member will have to come through to win. Barry, Rasho, TP, Manu, Big Dog, Bruce, Beno, Horry, Nazr and especially TD have to play well at some point. And I think they will all come up big at some point, just as in 03, when Ferry, Speedy and Kerr were huge at certain times.

Get with the team and cut out all this petty arguing !!!

Rack Jim....He's a true fan.

He's not one of those guys that goes around starting threads saying the Spurs won't win the title.

:majorfuckenrolleyes

whottt
04-19-2005, 11:42 AM
:rolleyes

The Rose Trade Killed the Spurs chances (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12535)

whottt
04-19-2005, 11:47 AM

I get angry when everyone acts like he's the choking bitch...

Who was the last guy to hit a last second game winner for us?

Who was the last guy to make a last second game winning assist for us?

Who hasn't blown a defensive assignment in our last 2 losses?

Lol, ok, Ill STFU, but, wtf is with the low amount of shots a game?

Lets see, last night 23 minutes, 2 shots.

TWO!?!!?!?? are you kidding me????

He's not a chucker...

Why the fuck do you guy think he is the second coming of Vinny Johnson...I know you were a basketball fan prior to this season...

What made you think Brent Barry is some kind of ballhog who comes into the game and started jacking up shots? Do you think he would have gotten along with Payton and Allen if he was?

The guy takes good shots...and he's not afraid to take the big ones...he's just not going to go out there and chuck..

Ya'll are taking the positives about this player and turning them into negatives...including his quick passes.

S
hoot freakin at least 6 times in that amount of time for gods sake.

But once again, Im sure, pop held him back last night, told him not to shoot, its all his fault, blah blah blah.

No it's Pop fault for not letting him play his game...when it's proven all season long how effective we and the team are when he is playing his game...

Doesn't it occur to you that all our recent last second wins Barry played a role in? So why is fucking Mike Wilks bringing the ball up the fucking court on our last posessoon?

I can't figure out why the fuck we are still trying to use Beno and Wilks as our back up PG's in pressure situations when Barry has proven to be the best option in those situations all season long.

It pisses me off.

Jimcs50
04-19-2005, 12:01 PM
Rack Jim....He's a true fan.

He's not one of those guys that goes around starting threads saying the Spurs won't win the title.

:majorfuckenrolleyes

Is that my point???

We can question management decisions, that is the American way...it goes back to the early labor unions which saved thousands of lives and made life better for all Americans...that is why we do not have sweat shops in the USA.

But I never ever ever bad mouth a SA Spur player, never have never will.

I am 100% Black and Silver and I love all my players.

picnroll
04-19-2005, 12:03 PM
It's not just the weight, where's the muscle? He may wiegh a few lbs more but whatever muscle he had he toned into fat.

Robinson looks in pretty good shape right now and I was surprised the first day on the floor he didn't look in that bad shape. Certainly nowhere close to those pictures of Leonanrd.

whottt
04-19-2005, 12:14 PM
Is that my point???

We can question management decisions, that is the American way...it goes back to the early labor unions which saved thousands of lives and made life better for all Americans...that is why we do not have sweat shops in the USA.

But I never ever ever bad mouth a SA Spur player, never have never will.

I am 100% Black and Silver and I love all my players.

Ok I get it now...I felt like you were telling me to GTFO because I am gonna point the finger at Pop if we lose to the 7th seeded less talented but extremely confident Nuggets.

whottt
04-19-2005, 12:17 PM

And BTW...I don't know if you saw that OT game against Phoenix but Barry got 9 points in about 2 minutes. All under pressure...

Jimcs50
04-19-2005, 12:27 PM
Ok I get it now...I felt like you were telling me to GTFO because I am gonna point the finger at Pop if we lose to the 7th seeded less talented but extremely confident Nuggets.

Whottt, I would never tell you to GTFO, you are my bud.

I just feel like busting some balls this morning.

BTW, you can rag on pop all you want. As I stated earlier, he needs to stop fucking up in his last shot strategy...it is costing them games big time.

Jimcs50
04-19-2005, 12:27 PM
And BTW...I don't know if you saw that OT game against Phoenix but Barry got 9 points in about 2 minutes. All under pressure...

hear hear

timvp
04-19-2005, 01:10 PM
And I'll tell you something else...

Voshon Leonard shot 422% from the field and 367% from 3....last season.

With Brent Barry shooting that you guys were calling him Brick Barry, saying he sucked, and wanting to make him the 12th man on the team...

Voshon Lenard does it and everyone acts like he's Steve Kerr.

Today is just not your day. You've fallen apart in this thread.

Last season, Lenard shot 45.8% on threes in the playoffs and averaged 17 point per game. Those were huge jumps compared to his regular season numbers.

You must not have watched that series. He's a clutch player and isn't afraid to take the big shot.

In his previous playoff series with the Heat, he shot 54.5% from the floor and 64.3% from beyond the arc.

Lenard, to anyone who actually watches basketball, is known to be a money player. He's been fat his whole career. A few more pounds isn't going to make him any less clutch.

Damn, you are owning yourself in this thread.

whottt
04-19-2005, 01:24 PM
Today is just not your day. You've fallen apart in this thread.

Last season, Lenard shot 45.8% on threes in the playoffs and averaged 17 point per game. Those were huge jumps compared to his regular season numbers.

You don't say? And damn, it was against those Iron Walls of D the Sacremento Kings which makes it even more impressive when compared to Barry's career 40% mark with over half his shots being threes, against wimpy defensive teams the Spurs and Jazz.

Voshon must have gained all that weight after celebrating the Nugs championship...

You must not have watched that series. He's a clutch player and isn't afraid to take the big shot.

I know, and ole Barry has the "deer in the headlights" look as he is shooting about 70% from the field in clutch situations(on the rare chance he gets to participate in one).

In his previous playoff series with the Heat, he shot 54.5% from the floor and 64.3% from beyond the arc.

Was that previous series the one where his 1 seed got eliminated by an 8 seed?

But I digress...we're up to 2 rings and counting...impressive.

Lenard, to anyone who actually watches basketball, is known to be a money player. He's been fat his whole career. A few more pounds isn't going to make him any less clutch.

It will if it takes his legs...

Even Jordan wasn't the same after a year off from basketball...

And nothing says clutch like being eliminated by an 8 seed...I guess it's a good thing we faced the Knicks that season and not the Heat...or else he would have beat us...

And now he's on the mighty Nuggets as opposed to the talent starved late 90's Heat...*shiver*

Damn, you are owning yourself in this thread.

The only owning being done in this thread is everyone arguing with me, by me, and Voshon by the buffet table..

timvp
04-19-2005, 01:27 PM
Typical.

Whottt changes the subject when he knows that Lenard's playoff shooting >>> Barry's playoff shooting.

Let's see him spin it some more.

Might be interesting.

mookie2001
04-19-2005, 01:34 PM
i'm shaking in my kangaroo leather sambas

whottt
04-19-2005, 01:38 PM
What's to spin?

You cited two series where Voshon got bounced in the first round of the playoffs...one by an 8 seed as the 1 seed...

I guess that makes he and Karl a perfect match...

And another by the no D playing Kings...

What I just did to that argument makes AJ's destruction by Fisher in 01 look like a competitive contest...

Look, if you notice, I never said Voshon couldn't shoot...I just was making jokes about his AS game appearance...

But the bottom line is I refuse to quiver and quake over the addition of a role player(who they wanted Manu to play ahead of this summer) who has sat out for the entire season...to a 7 seed coached by the guy who coached the biggest choke in NBA history...and who has only been there for half the season.

If we lose thise series...it's not gonna be cause of Voshon Lenard..we're the freaking team with Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili...

Manu alone took on Duncan and Carmello and all these other MVP dudes and bounced their asses...

Manu owns Karl and Pop all by himself without Duncan and with them being backed by the freaking All Star Team...

If we lose this series Pop needs to step down as coach of the Spurs...because it be entirely on him and it will be a choke of epic proportions....

Regardless of what Voshon shoots.

There will be no excuses for it.

timvp
04-19-2005, 01:43 PM
Let's recap:

1. Whottt agrees that Lenard has a history of being a better playoff shooter than Barry.

2. Whottt throws a barb at AJ.

3. Whottt back tracks and says he was just calling Lenard fat.

4. Whottt isn't quivering nor quaking like his little imaginary friends are doing.

5. Whottt has gone AHF and is putting the fate of the Spurs in Pop's hands.

6. Whottt spins it so that even if Lenard shoots well, he'll say it was Pop's fault.

Typical.

whottt
04-19-2005, 01:50 PM
Let's recap:

1. Whottt agrees that Lenard has a history of being a better playoff shooter than Barry.

Whottt does not agree to that...whottt thinks Voshon has never has never had to face the Spurs or Jazz in the playoffs.

2. Whottt throws a barb at AJ.

A deserved and true one though...lettuce not forget that.

3. Whottt back tracks and says he was just calling Lenard fat.

I was...read my original post..you made a pun...whether you realized it or not. That's all I was doin was calling him fat...read the post again.

4. Whottt isn't quivering nor quaking like his little imaginary friends are doing.

BS...everyones freaking handwringing about the Nuggets like they are the 60's Celtics ...including Pop & the Spurs...and about Voshon like he is Michael Jordan.

Fuck the Nuggets, Karl and Voshon.

5. Whottt has gone AHF and is putting the fate of the Spurs in Pop's hands.

Well that's not true...I'm only putting the responsibility for losing in his hands :D

And I do that becasue if we lose it will be because of confidence and that is the domain of the coach...and Pop put other things over confidence building wins all season long.

6. Whottt spins it so that even if Lenard shoots well, he'll say it was Pop's fault.

Voshon shot well against the Kings and Knicks...he still got his big ass bounced in the first round...if he shot well and lost against against two teams weaker than the Spurs...if he wasn't the difference shooting 65% against the Knicks or against the Kings...he damn sure better not be the difference against us...

Typical.

Yet truthful...as always.

SpursWoman
04-19-2005, 01:55 PM
A deserved and true one though...lettuce not forget that.

Did you know Yuma, Arizona produces the most lettuce in the country?

:duck

Cant_Be_Faded
04-19-2005, 04:41 PM
voshon leonard fucking sucks, isnt going to do shit, the past is history, he's still fat, everyone agrees

you voshon supporters are making it sound like the spurs are going to double or triple team someone down low and leave him blank open shots all fucking game

if pop tells his team to play spurs D, he's going to be held in check, he's not gonna drain 10 threes a game

if theres one thing whottt is right about its the fact that this entire board is scared over a damn number 7 seed when we've been a consistently bad ass team all freakin season
enough of this fear of nuggets stuff lets start talking about how they should fear us....

MadDog73
04-19-2005, 04:43 PM
If we lose this series Pop needs to step down as coach of the Spurs...because it be entirely on him and it will be a choke of epic proportions....

Just curious, if we win, then is it all Pop's doing as well? :rolleyes

As important as coaches are, Players do share some responsibility for wins and losses.

whottt
04-19-2005, 04:47 PM
If we win not only does Pop get credit for coaching the team to the title...he gets credit for assembling the team...

And if we lose...

With great power comes great responsibility.

MadDog73
04-19-2005, 04:50 PM
So, wait, David and Tim AREN'T the reasons we won 2 titles? It was all Pop after all?

Come on, Whottt, it's not ALL Pop! We were discussing the same thing on another thread....

Kori Ellis
04-19-2005, 04:51 PM
you voshon supporters are making it sound like the spurs are going to double or triple team someone down low and leave him blank open shots all fucking game

No one is acting like that. Everyone is just saying that adding a good shooter helps their depth and helps spread the floor. No one is insinuating that he's their savior.

red kryptonite
04-19-2005, 04:59 PM
"BS...everyones freaking handwringing about the Nuggets like they are the 60's Celtics ...including Pop & the Spurs...and about Voshon like he is Michael Jordan."

Where did anyone say that?

ChumpDumper
04-19-2005, 05:24 PM
I'm not overly worried about Lenard -- his shooting against the Spurs has been mediocre and he's going to be a huge (pun intended) liability on D. It's possible he could get a last-second shot I guess, but I'm not seeing a big Willis Reed effect. Boykins scares me much more.

whottt
04-19-2005, 05:24 PM
So, wait, David and Tim AREN'T the reasons we won 2 titles? It was all Pop after all?

David and Tim ARE the main reasons we won the title...without them there would be no titles...without Pop there might be(depending on the coach)

Come on, Whottt, it's not ALL Pop! We were discussing the same thing on another thread....

If you don't have the talent to win it's not on the coach, when you do have the talent to win and you don't? It's on the coach. Especially if the team has a great attitude and work ethic like the Spurs do. And that's doubly true with Pop because Pop has more control and say over his roster than any other coach in the NBA.

CHAMPS AGAIN
04-22-2005, 07:10 PM

:lol :lol :lol :lol :elephant :elephant :elephant not on playoff roster