PDA

View Full Version : players with moral quality

boston.balla
11-06-2009, 07:02 AM
I was thinking at the fact that the majority of these league's players act like spoiled brats and behave like the word education comes from another plane of existence, completely incompatible with that in which they live in.

There are ofc exceptions, I'll name a few that I respect in the league: tim duncan, antwan jamison, shane battier.

What players do you consider to have moral quality on and off the court?
(no idiotic chosen one tattos, no colorado stuff, no stds, not bitchin excessively, not showing disrespect to people that deserve, no nigga mentality, not being a cancer etc.. basic common sense stuff)

boston.balla
11-06-2009, 07:14 AM
oh and no attention whores.

I'd like to mention that from my team i only like perkins from this point of view, because or I don't know much about some(shelden williams for ex) or they have one of the aforementioned unpleasant aspects.

Brazil
11-06-2009, 07:18 AM
let's see
Artest
Iverson
KG
CP3

JJ Hickson
11-06-2009, 08:04 AM
:lol You know you've achieved record levels of douchness when Perkins is your teams best "moral quality" player. He perpetually looks like someone just gave him a dirty Sanchez and he has to smell the shit 24/7.

http://i34.tinypic.com/30k3fhj.jpg

http://i35.tinypic.com/dwrrf5.gif

KidCongo
11-06-2009, 09:12 AM
http://lostangelesblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/picture-11.png?w=498&h=497

Chieflion
11-06-2009, 09:15 AM
You brought this upon yourself. Celtics fans setting themselves up for this is ridiculously hilarious.

wijayas
11-06-2009, 09:17 AM
I'll add Dwight Howard to your list...

resistanze
11-06-2009, 09:18 AM
WGAF. They're athletes, not role models. I don't know any of these players to assess their moral values.

Chieflion
11-06-2009, 09:18 AM
Charles Barkley- I am not a role model.

Well duh....

mogrovejo
11-06-2009, 09:31 AM
Are you gay? Are you really a Celtics fans?

And LOL at this:

There are ofc exceptions, I'll name a few that I respect in the league: tim duncan, antwan jamison, shane battier.

What players do you consider to have moral quality on and off the court?
(no idiotic chosen one tattos, no colorado stuff, no stds, not bitchin excessively, not showing disrespect to people that deserve, no nigga mentality, not being a cancer etc.. basic common sense stuff)Tim Duncan is the #21 for the Spurs always waving his arms like a little girl and grumbling about the refs when getting back to defence, not that guy you're thinking about.

Btw, your sig is pathetic. I loved 80s basketball and still do, but the laziest D-League team these days has more defensive intensity than those guys.

Phenomanul
11-06-2009, 09:47 AM
The Quintessential Examples:
David Robinson
Dikembe Mutombo

Currently in the league:
Antwan Jamison
Shane Battier
Tim Duncan
Antonio McDyess
Michael Finley
Jeff Foster
Troy Murphy
Theo Ratliff
Nene
JJ Reddick
JJ Barea
Grant Hill
Kurt Thomas
Dwight Howard
Al Jefferson
Michael Redd
Desmond Mason

I'm sure there are many more but these stand out to me...

Culburn369
11-06-2009, 10:04 AM
Tim Duncan is the #21 for the Spurs always waving his arms like a little girl and grumbling about the refs when getting back to defence, not that guy you're thinking about.

Btw, your sig is pathetic. I loved 80s basketball and still do, but the laziest D-League team these days has more defensive intensity than those guys.

Mog, with just an absolutely brilliant post.

Culburn369
11-06-2009, 10:06 AM
The Quintessential Examples:
David Robinson:::though he did try to convert Rodman by force.

Currently in the league:

Tim Duncan:::Mog settled this shit.

Phenomanul
11-06-2009, 10:09 AM
blah blah blah

wah wah wah... none of my Lakers would ever make this list!!!! :cry

Pathetic...

:lol :lol :lmao

ambchang
11-06-2009, 10:11 AM
Nene

FYI, before his bout with cancer, he was known to be a total jerk. He would bully his teammates, get in fights with them, complain incessantly.

Pretty much hated around the league.

Culburn369
11-06-2009, 10:12 AM
Pathetic...

:lol :lol :lmao

Ya got your shit rearranged last nite in SLC. Take it & like it.

tee, hee.

Culburn369
11-06-2009, 10:13 AM
FYI, before his bout with cancer, he was known to be a total jerk. He would bully his teammates, get in fights with them, complain incessantly.

Pretty much hated around the league.

Ain't nothin' like a bout of cancer to sober a SOB up, eh? Ernie Johnson/TnT is now Ernie Johnson, Jr.

tee, hee.

stretch
11-06-2009, 10:21 AM
dirk

Agloco
11-06-2009, 11:07 AM
:lol You know you've achieved record levels of douchness when Perkins is your teams best "moral quality" player. He perpetually looks like someone just gave him a dirty Sanchez and he has to smell the shit 24/7.

http://i35.tinypic.com/dwrrf5.gif

+1

:lol

Trainwreck2100
11-06-2009, 11:22 AM
none of the lakers morrison is especially disqualified for his douche-stache

Sportcamper
11-06-2009, 11:25 AM
Best Moral quality…David Robinson…
I have heard incredible things about Jerry West also…
This current batch of Lakers…Not so much….

Sportcamper
11-06-2009, 11:26 AM
Ooops...D-Fish is a great person....

boston.balla
11-06-2009, 11:27 AM
You brought this upon yourself. Celtics fans setting themselves up for this is ridiculously hilarious.

maybe if you read the whole damn thing you'd see i am NOT proud of my team in this perspective.

Indazone
11-06-2009, 11:27 AM
Oh this isn't a racist thread

Danny.Zhu
11-06-2009, 11:34 AM
I would have to say Yao.

Trainwreck2100
11-06-2009, 11:39 AM
Ooops...D-Fish is a great person....

the good ones don't cheapshot people

Culburn369
11-06-2009, 11:40 AM
I would have to say Yao.

He's pretty sweet bent over for everybody sans the Lakers. At that point he rises up quite splendidly.

boston.balla
11-06-2009, 11:40 AM

And LOL at this:

Tim Duncan is the #21 for the Spurs always waving his arms like a little girl and grumbling about the refs when getting back to defence, not that guy you're thinking about.

It's pretty dumb to reduce defense to just intensity. Ofc maybe you are a kg fan....
Anywats, go watch some ball 80s ball kid. Defense is not about blocks/steals. That's espn defense with it's "intensity". Real defense is about contesting every shot, not getting complacent, and playing SMART while being physical enough as not to foul. That's real intensity.. keeping your cool not going for the highlight block/steal. A smart hard foul, a charge etc... but those won't come up on espn.

@text highlited: how many banners do they have there? I guess they have so many that they don't even show them anymore.

mogrovejo
11-06-2009, 11:42 AM
Geez, why are the other Celtics fans here so apologetic and sissified about the Cs here? It's like they want to be accepted or some shit and feel like they have to fit into the narrative built by the Lakers fans/KG haters here.

Hey kid, Larry Bird was a meaner, cheaper, evil SOB in 1 day of his life than all the guys in the current roster putted together for their entire lifes and you have him in your sig.

boston.balla
11-06-2009, 11:43 AM

do you really want me to rant about your orientation? or your mom? .. i thought so.

Sportcamper
11-06-2009, 11:43 AM
the good ones don't cheapshot people

.4 Baby!

http://hingedman.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/040513_derekfisher_vmed_8pwidec.jpg

ginobili's bald spot
11-06-2009, 11:44 AM
Defense is all about intensity chest pounds. Everyone knows that.

boston.balla
11-06-2009, 11:45 AM
Geez, why are the other Celtics fans here so apologetic and sissified about the Cs here? It's like they want to be accepted or some shit and feel like they have to fit into the narrative built by the Lakers fans/KG haters here.

Hey kid, Larry Bird was a meaner, cheaper, evil SOB in 1 day of his life than all the guys in the current roster putted together for their entire lifes and you have him in your sig.

You just don't seem to understand that i never implied what you say and i know very well how larry played. The fact that you are unable to read any of my posts in which i have stated more than once that i DO NOT like our moral quality as a team should be obvious... kid.

mogrovejo
11-06-2009, 11:45 AM
It's pretty dumb to reduce defense to just intensity. Ofc maybe you are a kg fan....
Anywats, go watch some ball 80s ball kid. Defense is not about blocks/steals. That's espn defense with it's "intensity". Real defense is about contesting every shot, not getting complacent, and playing SMART while being physical enough as not to foul. That's real intensity.. keeping your cool not going for the highlight block/steal. A smart hard foul, a charge etc... but those won't come up on espn.

~
@text highlited: how many banners do they have there? I guess they have so many that they don't even show them anymore.

LOL

Newsflash: actually blocks have been declining a lot since the 80s, kid. I don't even watch ESPN, by intensity I mean actually playing defence. If you had actually watched a single game from the 80s, you'd see the difference is quite apparent. Contesting every shot? Are you crazy? They wouldn't contest half of the shots.

What banners are you talking about? There where?

mogrovejo
11-06-2009, 11:47 AM
You just don't seem to understand that i never implied what you say and i know very well how larry played. The fact that you are unable to read any of my posts in which i have stated more than once that i DO NOT like our moral quality as a team should be obvious... kid.

Why do you say I'm unable to read your posts? I understand you do not like the "moral quality" of the team, whatever that shit means.

What was the last Celtics team of which you liked the moral quality?

mogrovejo
11-06-2009, 11:48 AM
do you really want me to rant about your orientation? or your mom? .. i thought so.

So, you're a fag? That explains a lot.

boston.balla
11-06-2009, 11:55 AM
LOL

Newsflash: actually blocks have been declining a lot since the 80s, kid. I don't even watch ESPN, by intensity I mean actually playing defence. If you had actually watched a single game from the 80s, you'd see the difference is quite apparent. Contesting every shot? Are you crazy? They wouldn't contest half of the shots.

What banners are you talking about? There where?

The banners in the d-league smart ass.. i was saying if they play such a great defensive game they should have banners just as us who won those games by playing good d, but that's impossible 'cause there are no banners in the d-league.... hope you appreciate a explained and did not call you a (insert expletive here) just for fun.

Blocks have been declining alot because defense has been declining alot: the majority of good blocks are positional not spectacular. Few people block positionally (ex tim duncan). Furthermore, most blocks are now fouls to the likes of dwades lebron kobes, since the jordan rules of superstars now apply to all. So your argument is null and void.

I did not say they contested every shot, though they did it more than you see it today at many teams. Also contesting shots is just a part of the defensive game. You contest plays(i'd love to see that in the game right now etc). You foul. You rotate. etc. basics... those basics lack much more now than back then, hence that's what i mean with defensive basketball.

All your arguments have been proved null.

boston.balla
11-06-2009, 11:56 AM
Why do you say I'm unable to read your posts? I understand you do not like the "moral quality" of the team, whatever that shit means.

What was the last Celtics team of which you liked the moral quality?

do i have to like the moral quality to appreciate ball? :lmao

boston.balla
11-06-2009, 11:57 AM
So, you're a fag? That explains a lot.

you're as smart as they can be.:lmao

mogrovejo
11-06-2009, 12:03 PM
The banners in the d-league smart ass.. i was saying if they play such a great defensive game they should have banners just as us who won those games by playing good d, but that's impossible 'cause there are no banners in the d-league.... hope you appreciate a explained and did not call you a (insert expletive here) just for fun.

Of course they have banners in the D-League. They play a great defensive game for the standards of the NBA 25 years ago.

Blocks have been declining alot because defense has been declining alot:

LOL. You were the one saying that defence is not about getting blocks (and it isn't).

Defence hasn't been declining. Anyone who says that is just trolling or knows nothing about the league.

the majority of good blocks are positional not spectacular. Few people block positionally (ex tim duncan). Furthermore, most blocks are now fouls to the likes of dwades lebron kobes, since the jordan rules of superstars now apply to all. So your argument is null and void.

What? I've attended lots of workshops, I've read many basketball books, seen many videos, I've played the game, coached it, but I never heard of that distinction between positional and spectacular blocks. Why can't a "positional block" be spectacular? What's a block that isn't positional? Or a "positional block"? Do you mean weakside blocks vs. blocks got playing on-the-ball defence?

I did not say they contested every shot, though they did it more than you see it today at many teams.

It's not even close. Seriously, just watch a game. Players today are just bigger, faster, can play quasi-zones, coaches are more prepared, scouting is much more advanced.

Also contesting shots is just a part of the defensive game. You contest plays(i'd love to see that in the game right now etc). You foul. You rotate. etc. basics... those basics lack much more now than back then, hence that's what i mean with defensive basketball.

Stop with the cliches already. They don't make you look smart. There's nothing more boring than guys complaining about the like of fundamentals and defence of today's game. Do you also think players can't shoot FTs these days because they lack fundamentals and are lazy bastards?

All your arguments have been proved null.

:downspin:

JJ Hickson
11-06-2009, 12:06 PM
shit that nobody cares about forum

Culburn369
11-06-2009, 12:35 PM
Especially a Boston guy. I can see a Spurs guy ruminating over it though.

Agloco
11-06-2009, 12:40 PM
How does one eve think of shit like this, "I wonder if these players are morally righteous.":wakeup

Par for the course here. Your ability for higher thought ends at Purple and Gold = Los Angeles.

Agloco
11-06-2009, 12:41 PM
Especially a Boston guy. I can see a Spurs guy ruminating over it though.

:lol

Certainly not a Lakers guy either......

Agloco
11-06-2009, 12:46 PM
As long as I'm winning, kid.

Touche. :toast

NBAfan83
11-06-2009, 12:56 PM
Are you talking on court morality or off court morality?

Cuz huge difference, on court jackass can be model citizens, see bruce bowen for a model of that idea.

Also what is the basis of morality?

Just because they are being covered as the good guys of sports don't make them saintly.

For example, if your basis of a moral person is someone who doesn't cheat on their wife, then your going to find a short list of that, as almost all NBA players cheat at one point, 30 different cities, thousand pussies per city, the chance of most NBA players cheating on their wife or girlfriend is huge. Wouldn't be surprised if TD and Battier did it at least once. Wouldn't be surprised at all.

Culburn369
11-06-2009, 01:15 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if TD and Battier did it at least once. Wouldn't be surprised at all.

TD would bust his nut, cry, & tell on himself...then have Robinson rebaptize him in the Red River.

NBAfan83
11-06-2009, 01:20 PM
TD would bust his nut, cry, & tell on himself...then have Robinson rebaptize him in the Red River.

Nah, I doubt TD is that saintly, no such thing IMO, all the saints died thousands of years ago...

The definition of saint these days in the NBA is relegated to following:

-The number of Techincal Fouls and Flagrant Fouls
-The number of times you've punched a player or fan
-The number of times you've asked for a trade publically

If you score a zero on those three, your a saint!

stretch
11-06-2009, 01:42 PM
what about Brandon Roy? does he even have his ears pierced?

Kamnik
11-06-2009, 04:56 PM

Some of the duchiest stuff I ever seen.

angel_luv
11-06-2009, 05:15 PM
Rasho Nesterovic, Hedo Turkoglu, Malik Rose

mavs>spurs2
11-06-2009, 05:18 PM
dirk, kris humphries, jj barrea

Rogue
11-06-2009, 11:58 PM
We have to give special praises for moralities to a player when he admits something that most other players only conceal, like smoking marijuana.

picc84
11-07-2009, 12:16 AM
Gotta go with Kobe. He could have killed her.

Culburn369
11-07-2009, 12:23 AM
Gotta go with Kobe. He could have killed her.

Easily ruptured her colon.

tee, hee.

badfish22
11-07-2009, 01:09 AM
dirk, kris humphries, jj barrea
way to name the three white player on the Mavs lol.

Id say
Dirk
Nash
Duncan
Ray Allen
Jason Terry
Kevin Durant
Blake Griffin
Micheal Finely
Dwight Howard
Greg Oden
Josh Howard (I know hes gotten in trouble, but that doesnt take away from the enourmous amount of community work he has done both in NC and Dallas.)
Deron Williams seems like a good guy.
Devin Harris

There are a lot more. The majority of the league are good guys, there are just a few humongous douche bags. (KG)