PDA

View Full Version : We are really not the same defensively

spurspokesman
11-06-2009, 08:22 AM
What's up my fellow spur fans. This is not A gripe but a painful observation. It's still early and I trust pop and the coaching staff to rectify this carnage eventually. We are not to be confused as A defensive team anymore. I know this is what weve prided our team on year in and year out but lets look at fact. Finley gets torched night in and night out. Add bonner to that list. Parker has never been known for his defense because he is offensive minded and plays defense in spurts. Jefferson. Well you be the judge. But my point is being that we have three defensive liabilities in the starting lineup it usually causes collapses because of players stepping up to help the weakside and against teams that use the back door well you are usualyy going to get murdered. Utah employed this and scorched us. Our big men cant defend the paint when they constantly have to help. We really need A defensive leader on the perimeter. I really miss vintage Bruce. And the bs calls by the refs didnt help matters. Your thoughts?

spursfan1000
11-06-2009, 08:24 AM
Parker
Bogans
Jefferson
Duncan
Ratliff

That lineup would improve our defense.

spurspokesman
11-06-2009, 08:25 AM
Parker
Bogans
Jefferson
Duncan
Ratliff

That lineup would improve our defense.

Wouldnt hurt to try it.

wijayas
11-06-2009, 09:09 AM
What's up my fellow spur fans. This is not A gripe but a painful observation. It's still early and I trust pop and the coaching staff to rectify this carnage eventually. We are not to be confused as A defensive team anymore. I know this is what weve prided our team on year in and year out but lets look at fact. Finley gets torched night in and night out. Add bonner to that list. Parker has never been known for his defense because he is offensive minded and plays defense in spurts. Jefferson. Well you be the judge. But my point is being that we have three defensive liabilities in the starting lineup it usually causes collapses because of players stepping up to help the weakside and against teams that use the back door well you are usualyy going to get murdered. Utah employed this and scorched us. Our big men cant defend the paint when they constantly have to help. We really need A defensive leader on the perimeter. I really miss vintage Bruce. And the bs calls by the refs didnt help matters. Your thoughts?

Or could it be that our defense started deteriorating since Tom Thibodeau bolted to Celtics?